The 'Become A Legend' Discussion Thread

T Butcher fan

Champions League
3 December 2001
A few things I've picked up so far.

When offered a contract, look carefully where your new club are proposing you play. Even if you are a striker, you will sometimes be offered midfield roles.

If you are happy at a club and getting regular first team football, DON'T MOVE. Even though another club are pestering you to sign for them, they will put you straight in the stiffs and you will need to go through the whole process again. Stay where you were and get good before you move.

Anyone else got anything so far?

Last edited:
Re: The 'Become A Legend' Hints & Tips Thread

i like BAL so far(enjoyed Fantasista more in winning eleven ps2 series)
im a SS,sometimes i can play CF:)
im at the end of the season in the Erendivisie,already made it 4 or 5 times as a sub.
Scored 0 goals :(
Dont worry about the AI, it wil get better by them bigger team u play for,ofcourse the bigger team better players(team mates).
Now is there anyway to create a good player face(my own) from uploading a pic. i have tryed it,its almost impossible to create a decent player face!

Please post your own BAL expierence:)

UPDATE

btw how can you see new club is proposing you to play?
so far i always have to play traning matches before i become a sub on the bench(already at my 3th club,beginning of my second season)

how can you see new club is proposing you to play?

Please post your own BAL expierence

On the actual offer, just above the shirt no. you request it will say CF or AMF or WF etc.

I setup as an SS, spent my first year at Siena playing AMF (didn't read the contact!) but managed to score 5 goals and a few assists. The highlight was a brace in the San Siro against AC Milan, one of the goals was superb - an 8 man move which I finished off with a curling finish round Dida. Got that one saved for posterity! Finished 12th in the league though.

I left for Genoa in the summer so I could play SS but it hasn't gone so well. Took a few weeks to get into the first team, then I was out again, then in, then out... - can't get into any rhythm. My new teammates are dicks too, the lads at Siena loved me!

Only got a couple of goals so far so I need to have a good think about my options at the end of the season.

Last edited:

lol, i got an offer from Lecce but refused,im stil sticking into the erendivisie, hoping to make it to Feyenoord,PSV or Ajax (or AZ) then make a step to Premiere League....later on my big dream is Serie A in AC milan :) hope around 24/25 years old with some good stats.

Im also a SS, but Vitesse has bought me, and set me to AMF :(

Im currently playing at Chievo Verona, at the fist weeks i was always struggling in training matches, and at the 9th week im at the first starting line up at "profesional mode" , My position is SS and my team mates suck big time... we almost loose at every game and i managed to score only once.

Anybody has any tips for good player development? Skills ect.

What camera do you guys use? I tried the default one and it was a nice change but I don't have the control I have in wide. Everytime I try a manual pass or to dribble past someone, then camera moves so I end up running sideways or backwards instead lol

i started at dynamo zagreb as a ss but they always play me as a CF. it took me around 3 training matches to get o first team as a sub, by the 3rd game i was already i regular and then snatched the CF position from sokota. midseason tranfers came and i went to river plate. not the best decision, falcao was top scorer so it took a while to break into 1st team, most of the times i play as a CF. After 1 season i scored 14 goals + 6 assis. number 1 in the rank, ajax, offered new contract and i went to play for them. im in my 5th match, jumping between start lineup and sub, may take a while cause huntelaar is on fire with 7 goals. it does take a while for the stats to rise, you have to play around with the stat blocks, ive managed to go from 71 to 86 in resistance but my shot is awful. lets see what happens next season.

i play in professional, gonna wait til my stats rise a bit to push it to champion.

Last edited:

T said:
If you are happy at a club and getting regular first team football, DON'T MOVE. Even though another club are pestering you to sign for them, they will put you straight in the stiffs and you will need to go through the whole process again. Stay where you were and get good before you move.

This is not always the case, I just transfered to Boro, and I was used as a sub right away...

I think it depends on how good the team is on your particular place :)

sry for my english...

I absolutely love this mode - I'm just dicking about in it for now whilst I wait for the update/option file patch.

Started at Real Mallorca as a CM. Really struggled to get into the first team.

When I did get into the 1st team, my debut was at the Nou Camp and I got sent off as a 2nd half sub! Not a good impact :(

Due to lack of activity, in the transfer window I went to Numancia who were bottom of the league. Didnt really get a sniff there either. And in total, played 13 games all that 1st season.

In the summer, I had quite a lot of offers and I kept holding out. Napoli came in with a good offer and the best position for me, so I went there and have just had my very 1st 1st team start aged 18. I'm hoping to keep my place now as me and Dalla Bonna are working well in midfield feeding Zayaleta.

Love this game though and once the update patch is out, I'm starting again in the Premier League as it can be a bit dull playing alongside players you dont really know. I'd prefer to like play in Boltons reserves where you know who you are up against and playing with.

Really hope Konami take this mode and run with it as I think it can get better next year, but for now, its got MORE than enough crammed in it and pisses on BAP.

things going real well for me! ive just played 9 games, all in the starting line up, 7 out of 9 the whole 90 mins! scored 6 goals and am now the starting CF even though im a SS. stats starting to get nice too, ive got 2 50 something but overall id say i have more 70´s and some 80´s than anything else. also, just played my first champions league game, lost 2-0 to tyneside. blargh

had a good start at sparta rotterdam, got in the first team after 5 weeks, regular starter in cmf, made 29 appearances, 1 goal, 2 assists. i improved, but somehow the coach subbed me a LOT and i didn't feel loved at all. (teammates ignoring me :p ) looked for a new challenge, had the opportunity to move to fc brugge in the winter transferwindow but refused...i wanted to improve more!
now i've agreed to go to middlesbrough (best offer, received in last week of the transfer periode), but i am really starting to feel this was a mistake. they also bought clarence seedorf. how am i supposed to get first team football?

damn! :D

lovely mode, overall more enjoyable than BAP on fifa i think.

Sorry but does anyone have any actual tips for this thread? rather than just posting BAL stories..

My tips for getting better ratings is try and shoot often. I've notcied as an AMC even if i dont hit the target (very likely with my stats) it seems to help my end of game rating.
Also i would say try not to transfer too often as you tend to start down the pecking order again. Also try and move to a team that plays attacking football, nothing is worse then playing as a poor stat'd AMC in a 451 defensive formation.
--

Few things i'd like to know from people who have played 5+ seasons.
*Does the amount of experience you get for stats go up as you get in your twenties?
*Does salary effect he amount of experience you get?
*Do better teams give more experience?

The reason i ask is that on Top Player difficulty, my stats are improving so slowly that even after 3 and half years im still absolutly aweful.

On average my stats go up by only 3 points each a season!

I hope this improves cos atm BAL is a bit of a chore.

i created an AMC player and even tho my team plays 4-5-1 with no AMC i get played as an CMF. i have noticed after the season that my player can play AMF and CMF and its on the before and after graph. so i was thinking that i could moved to a team which will hopefully offer me a striker role.

i am playin with west ham and still there after 3 seasons, which we won everything in 2nd season and only the cup in my 1st season

I started with Caen played half season,and transferred to Nantes. I played a year than I moved to PSG at half season and they never let me to play I chose Nantes to go back again. But the team never attacks and I never get the ball..
So at the end of the season I had an offer from Caen. The first team invented me !
I was emotional and went back to Caen. They gave me chance and I scored 2 goals and created lots of chances....
At the end of the season I had an offer rom few teams and as Le Mans were Leagues runners-up. I thought it's a good chance to move again. And I play for Le Mans. I scored 2 goals and This team really attacks. I only played 4 games and started only 1 game.
My player is 20 years old. I intended to be a winger but all of my coaches used me as a CF since now somehow b'cos I am 1.90 meters height.
It is fun to play.
Don't neglect to strenghten your players' POWER and BALANCE.

Last edited:

Is Balance important? I focus on strengthening everything else BUT balance. Question is.. when will we get match experience? It's fun as I'm only playing this mode now.. (Master league appears to be boring to me.. ) but it can be frustrating getting sub just because I got no stamina. Always got the red triangle sign at around 68min-70min.

I have post following on the PC section, this is also handy for PS3 and Xbox360 players.

Thanks to a guy named "Benotti" on a dutch forum he has put a list for "Bal" where all the points is assign to after a (training) match.

full.jpg

In the menu 'strengthen', you will find 6 categories, which you can assign 0 to 6 blocks. One plus sign in the overview means one training block, 2 plus sign means for each training block you will gain 2 points (if one of your category has the full maximum blocks (6) the attribute will have 12 points each match). Next to this you will have match experience points as well. As you can see for the category Technique (kicking) will have the most advantage and Stamina very less. Finally this depends also on your position which you have chosen.

great stories :)
btw its indeed important to check during transfer period if your club is interested in other player in your position( if its a big player then you know you wil be benched again)
like OPM also explained he's club got Seedorf,then you know u wont make a chance:( becouse you are a beginner with less expierence,they wil always choose Seedorf and you only wil get in for the last 15 min. to only touch the ball :)

I'm in my first season with West Brom. Created a DMF/CMF, after the 10th match I got a regular starter and already got some MVP/MIP-awards. Some hints for playing as a midfielder (I think they are quite useful):

* Try to find open spaces at the sidelines, you'll probably get some passes and have the opportunity to cross the ball

* At freekicks or cornerkicks go to the first post or the second post (not in the middle)

* Keep shooting the ball, this will increase your abilties

Just one question: Do your players get tired? I think mine doesn't (stamina at 85)?!

Thank you very much for the explanation of the strengthen in BAL :APPLAUD:

Edit: and henningw thanks to, always useful to know ^^

Just scored 2 goals in a 2-2 draw with Juventus. My match rating?

7!

The only negative thing I can think of was that a few of my passes didn't hit their target. Other than that I was near on perfect. Any ideas why I'd get marked down?

What are those blue numbered circles on the bottom of the screen during the BAL mode?
They seem to light up different when playing?
Are they your teams strategy or something else?

Does anyone knows if you start with the same stats every single time you start a game? I'm a SS on Topplayer and I started with all my stats around 60-65! How on earth can you be 18 and have stats above 80?!

I'm playing on the PC.
I'm playing 5 min Top player matches. I'm playing whole day so much :P
Totally addicted. This is my story so far.

My positions are CF. AMF. CMF
I started in the Ere division at FC utrecht. after 6 matches i made the bench. once i got on the pitch i scored a great goal and delivered some good passes. The match after that i played 45 minutes. untill i made the starting 11.

After 19 matches for FC Utrecht there were offers from mid rated clubs from holland. and one from Feyenoord! So i went to feyenoord
I played the 2nd half only 12 matches. i was alot on bench and didnt come in. but i scored 8 goals. good for a striker.

After the 2008-2009 season Feyenoord didnt want me anymore. i went to the rival side. Ajax. Unfortunately. when making it on the starting 11. i got a big injury. i played 11 matches the whole season.

But because of my first season (with FC utrecht and Feyenoord, was in the best 11 of europe) I got a offer from a club from italia. Fiorentina.
Season 2010-2011 i played 26 matches. Fiorentina finished 3rd. and won the masters cup.

I Stay at fiorentina Season 2011-2012 but things went different.
Again a big injury. i only played 7 matches! BUT fiorentina won the league!!. Unfortunately Fiorentina didnt want to longen the contract.

I was called up for the holland national team to play on the euro
we went trough the quarter final but eventually it ended there.
I was topscorer of the championship though i scored a great 3 goals against scotland (4-2). Now im a regular starting 11 player.

After my good Holland national team performance. i went to a lower rating club after my bad season at fiorentina. 2012-2013, I went to spain. Espanyol
I played 21 matches the first half of the season. everything fit perfectly. Unfortunately. Espanyol didnt play Champions cup. Anyways
I was just topscorer of the league with 11 goals. (Eto'o 10 goals)
I felt pretty good with this team. they played a good 4-4-2 formation and i was SS instead of CF. but everything went perfectly. Great feeling with the players. BUT... in the winter.. after 3 weeks negotiation. I got THE offer of my life. Real madrid. 2nd ranked over the world (Barcelona 4th)
But 5th ranked in the league (Espanyol 3rd :P).

So should i stay at espanyol or go for the real money?
I took my decision. I signed for Real madrid.
I played 23 matches the 2nd half of the season. i am 21 years. and i took real madrid with me. For weeks in and out we were ranked 5th..6th.. until the last weeks it went 4rd... 3rd... and with 3 fixtures to go even ranked 1st 77 points as much as Barcelona but Real madrid having better goal difference.

At the Masters cup. Semi final. Ac milan.
Home : 0-0
Away : 1-0 (For real madrid after extra time)
Great tension!. So i went to the final. Against who?.
The club i'm fighting with in the league. FC Barcelona.
The tension was absolutely awesome. FC barcelona was really playing good and alot of shots went on the post. but then i got some space. i pass to Van nistelrooy (yes hes still playing). and he scored!. in the 86th minute. real madrid their first price (they werent in the D1 cup anymore)
. Then. Last match day. Real madrid on second place.

Barcelona 84
Real madrid 82
Valencia 80

I thought. this is over. Barcelona had to play against Getafe
And i had to play against VALENCIA!. Unfortunately, the match ended 4-2
With my rating an 8!!!. And what did barcelona do?. 1-1 against Getafe!.
Real madrid having better goal difference so i won the league for the second time.

Now i'm starting a new season with Real. they wanted me to stay offcourse.
I'm 22 years now. already a good career. More to come!.

2008-2009 FC UTRECHT
2008-2009 FEYENOORD
2009-2010 AJAX
2010-2011 FIORENTINA
2011-2012 FIORENTINA
2012-2013 ESPANYOL
2012-2013 REAL MADRID
2013- REAL MADRID

I`m a ZMF in BAL Mode (topplayer). Started at West Brom with 6 Weeks in Sub. End of the Season i´d scored 2 Goals and 9 Assists. Lamy little teammates - Endrank of the Team 16th place. In wintertransferperiode of the next Season i signed up at Bolton. A good Move. much better teammates. ligeplace at this time... 13th place. with much luck i scord in the with Practicematch and with one more game i was in the A-Team. 20min Gametime and get and Penalty against Newcastle. We won with 0-1. now i`m startingplayer with 6 goals and 8 Assists in half an Season. Losing the Cupfinal against Everton but reaching the 6 Rank in League to play up the Uefa in next Season.
So i think its very important that the teammates are good enough to pass an easy one-two. Only my stamina and Speed are over 80. The rest is below 70. Tricky in playing good passes with that.
Got a question: What does these little blue numbers say at the side of the Namebar? The place were normaly the tacktics are shown? Does anyone know something about it?
I`ll spend some more years at Bolton to become better. good times at Bolten, i`m happy. wins against liverpool, chealsea and ManU, only Arsenal gets 3 Points...

I'm not sure, but i think those blue numbers are about the tactics....

Just started a BAL-Mode.
Created a Belgian playmaker with Algerian roots: Mansouri.
Just got to Grenoble and played only one training match...i'm already hooked. This is a great new addition.
If i read Spooky's story i realize this is a pretty "deep" mode...

My BAL was just a knockabout thing until this Konami patch in November but now I'm totally smitten. Not sure I will play any other modes this entire year.

And yes, the little blue numbers are the team tactics (I have a feeling this will get asked quite a few times...)

What ever you do dn't join aston villa. The manager is gay. I get average 7.0 rating and he never plays me.

In my other game save i played for man city and i was starting matches before the first transfer window.

It's a while since I played anything but 5-A-Side but BAL brings back a few old memories. As soon as the team sheet comes up now, I'm looking and hoping to see my name there as one of the starters. :PRAY:

I'm also feeling sympathetic towards the pro's. I HATE being played out of position, and I REALLY HATE getting subbed off!:RANT: - I can see why they throw their shirts about now!

I'm always certain that I was going to score in the next attack!

Back
Top Bottom