The 'Become A Legend' Discussion Thread

Theres no doubting that the BAL mode is addictive, ive played around 6 training games on professional level and ive only scored one and set up one! It was a brilliant header though.

Theres no doubting that the BAL mode is addictive, ive played around 6 training games on professional level and ive only scored one and set up one! It was a brilliant header though.

Just gotta ask, can one select difficulty leven on legend mode? I thought it was just legend mode? I never seem to get an option where i can select begginer, professional and so on. Something i missed?

It's a while since I played anything but 5-A-Side but BAL brings back a few old memories. As soon as the team sheet comes up now, I'm looking and hoping to see my name there as one of the starters. :PRAY:

I'm also feeling sympathetic towards the pro's. I HATE being played out of position, and I REALLY HATE getting subbed off!:RANT: - I can see why they throw their shirts about now!

I'm always certain that I was going to score in the next attack!

Spot on, exactly right!

Its like 'heart in mouth' when the ball goes out in the 2nd half and the sub cut-scene loads!

In 2 of my early games, I got brought on around 60 min mark and then taken off again around 80 mins as I stank so much! Thats humiliating :(

This mode seems really good but it could have been even better if:

A- You could play any outfield position on the pitch. E.g. CB,LB etc not just strikers and midfielders.

B- If Legends mode allowed you to create your own club, was more than 4 players and was against human online opposition not the AI.

I hope both of these are implemented for PES 2010. :)

BAL is one of the best improvement of PES so far. i can't believe they had this only for the previous Japanese version. Anyway now that we have it i've gotta to say. It's the bomb. Here are some tips in order to truly become a legend.
- Change the camera to the default one not the wide weird angle, just put the regular one that you use during a typical match. I put mine at a mid-distance to even more get the feeling of being on the field :)

- USE the dot-view to reposition yourself, I noticed when I left my player offside then my stats suck at the end. You need to reposition your player all the time. Something that a lot of people don't know is that your game without the ball is as much important as with the ball.

- Try to maximize your passes/hit target ratio. For instance if you make a total of 22 passes during the game try to make it so those 22 passes reach their destination. If not, again, bad stats at the end. Another thing, during the game if you can make a long pass across the field that will definitely increase your stat at the end.

- Finally instead of just shooting all the time. I'd rather say shoot a lot but on target.

With PES 2009 we are getting closer than before to the ultimate soccer simulation.

I'm playing on the PC.
I'm playing 5 min Top player matches. I'm playing whole day so much :P
Totally addicted. This is my story so far.

My positions are CF. AMF. CMF
I started in the Ere division at FC utrecht. after 6 matches i made the bench. once i got on the pitch i scored a great goal and delivered some good passes. The match after that i played 45 minutes. untill i made the starting 11.

After 19 matches for FC Utrecht there were offers from mid rated clubs from holland. and one from Feyenoord! So i went to feyenoord
I played the 2nd half only 12 matches. i was alot on bench and didnt come in. but i scored 8 goals. good for a striker.

After the 2008-2009 season Feyenoord didnt want me anymore. i went to the rival side. Ajax. Unfortunately. when making it on the starting 11. i got a big injury. i played 11 matches the whole season.

But because of my first season (with FC utrecht and Feyenoord, was in the best 11 of europe) I got a offer from a club from italia. Fiorentina.
Season 2010-2011 i played 26 matches. Fiorentina finished 3rd. and won the masters cup.

I Stay at fiorentina Season 2011-2012 but things went different.
Again a big injury. i only played 7 matches! BUT fiorentina won the league!!. Unfortunately Fiorentina didnt want to longen the contract.

I was called up for the holland national team to play on the euro
we went trough the quarter final but eventually it ended there.
I was topscorer of the championship though i scored a great 3 goals against scotland (4-2). Now im a regular starting 11 player.

After my good Holland national team performance. i went to a lower rating club after my bad season at fiorentina. 2012-2013, I went to spain. Espanyol
I played 21 matches the first half of the season. everything fit perfectly. Unfortunately. Espanyol didnt play Champions cup. Anyways
I was just topscorer of the league with 11 goals. (Eto'o 10 goals)
I felt pretty good with this team. they played a good 4-4-2 formation and i was SS instead of CF. but everything went perfectly. Great feeling with the players. BUT... in the winter.. after 3 weeks negotiation. I got THE offer of my life. Real madrid. 2nd ranked over the world (Barcelona 4th)
But 5th ranked in the league (Espanyol 3rd :P).

So should i stay at espanyol or go for the real money?
I took my decision. I signed for Real madrid.
I played 23 matches the 2nd half of the season. i am 21 years. and i took real madrid with me. For weeks in and out we were ranked 5th..6th.. until the last weeks it went 4rd... 3rd... and with 3 fixtures to go even ranked 1st 77 points as much as Barcelona but Real madrid having better goal difference.

At the Masters cup. Semi final. Ac milan.
Home : 0-0
Away : 1-0 (For real madrid after extra time)
Great tension!. So i went to the final. Against who?.
The club i'm fighting with in the league. FC Barcelona.
The tension was absolutely awesome. FC barcelona was really playing good and alot of shots went on the post. but then i got some space. i pass to Van nistelrooy (yes hes still playing). and he scored!. in the 86th minute. real madrid their first price (they werent in the D1 cup anymore)
. Then. Last match day. Real madrid on second place.

Barcelona 84
Real madrid 82
Valencia 80

I thought. this is over. Barcelona had to play against Getafe
And i had to play against VALENCIA!. Unfortunately, the match ended 4-2
With my rating an 8!!!. And what did barcelona do?. 1-1 against Getafe!.
Real madrid having better goal difference so i won the league for the second time.

Now i'm starting a new season with Real. they wanted me to stay offcourse.
I'm 22 years now. already a good career. More to come!.

Quality post:))

A question lads. Is be a legend mode worth buying the game for? I'm fine with pes08 but legend mode is tempting and I can't get a good enough view from youtube vids of legend mode.

to get past player when my stats are 73 speed and 70 accelleration and 60 dribble.acc , i dont run much and just at a slow pace fake left then right and continuasly to put defender on wrong foot ,but only works if you can turn and face him after your first tough so you have to receive ball in space and then shimmmy left and right untill get near box and then they start to dive in and make challenges , take shots quickly when you get the ball near the box, it works for me ,

1st season scored about 7 goals and played in champions league , uefa cup and got to semis of the league cup , play for real betis and am at 3/4 way through first season , and stats have improved by 5 whole points!!!! , were i strengthen i.e 6 blocks each for technique kicking and power i am a CF , choose a team that is in a european cup so you get double the matches in a season , i play all the matches , mostly and am the main striker , the coach rests me for big games if i we got cup game coming up and relies on me a alot, keep our hand on L1 if not got ball to stay onside and drible alot of distance and kep your passes short and neat , alway get a 6 rating atleast and always best player on pitch , got ten man of match.

checked my growth curve and it says i will just reach under 95 at my peak and it will be at about 25 , my growth curve is going higher / better than expected at this age.

played ok in another one of my BAL seasons and found that cuz i got 6 in scout game i will just about get high 80's in groth curve and started with only agility 83 as good stat and agression , how do you get you shot to be good or speed at starting scout game , ??

advice for any one when you start play your fist scout game a few times and wait for your stats to be good , if crap start again as you will have created player saved from just before BAL mode. do this untill get decent stats . some people have said they start with 80's etc at speed or stamina , i was good in match and got 8 rating and alot of shots on target but still did not get better shot or speed tried twice ,i am CF, best i got as 73 stamina 83 aggresion and 71 dribble speed and jump 71 for scoring header , did any one who scored a shot get sick stats for shooting after scout game?????

I played the scout match 5-6 times until I got 80 stamina and 79 speed agility 87 and dribble speed 74. however balance is 67 and shooting is around 63. I think the stats are created random whatever you do in the match. cause I was not the best player on the pitch when I got these numbers.

My Mansouri player has a tough carreer so far, he's far from a legend.
In the scout match, he got sent off in the 40th minute, but Nantes and Grenoble were foolish enough to have proposals for him.
Mansouri went to Grenoble who are last in League 1 after 4 matches and Mansouri still can only play training matches...
He is an AMF/CMF who sometimes has to play RMF in training matches...things are going better very, very slowly....but a first team place is still far away...

Its like 'heart in mouth' when the ball goes out in the 2nd half and the sub cut-scene loads!

:LMAO:Nervous glances at the shimmering stars as they load the future! What do they mean, what do they mean!?

Gerd, it may take you some time to break into the first team. Mansouri is obviously a hot head! Don't injure any of the star first teamers in training! (Actually do, then you might get a game).

I'm trapped in a loveless relationship with Genoa. I'm playing first team football regularly, but as a team we are hopeless. I've just got no rapport with my teammates other than an LMF (who barely get's a game). The rest are headless chickens. I never see the ball at the attacking end so I have to drop deep and make lot's of short passes just to keep my match rating at 6!

We're 19th in Serie A and I can see us finishing bottom - My agent is already on the case....

I might try and edit the tactics in 'Edit Team' and see if that is recognised in BAL straight away. I'll pretend we sacked the manager and got Joe Kinnear in. ;)

I'm in my 3rd season on top player, stayed with Aston Villa. I'm a SS but Villa play me as a CF keeping John Carew out. Didn't take me long to get in the first team and became a regular fairly quick. At first it was very frustrating but you have to adapt to the stats and play differently to what you would normally. I'd agree that getting a few shots in does help your development, as does completed passes and ofcourse I think straying out of position doesn't help.

Experience points come extremely slow and i develop maybe 3 stat points for each attribute a season. Don't know if this differs on lower difficulty.

If anyone has any advice on how to map out the value points 'strengthen' to develop faster or better for a SS, then your advice is welcomed.

I'm currently setup like this:

Technique kicking : 3
Technique Dribbling: 3
Balance: 1
Power: 2
Speed: 2
Stamnia: 1

I've been thinking of tinkering with those value points like Doni did...i guess you can change it at all times...

Yup Terry Mansouri is a hothead, in practically every training match he had a yellow card...every tackle he tries is a yellow...i find it very difficult to defend with Mansouri...much more difficult than in the normal game...
Maybe i should select another camera view, but i've experimented a litle bit and the default for BAL still is the best IMHO...

Well i'm still enjoying it enormously...

PS: Terry, Genoa is one of the teams i consider for a ML...

I'm still at Napoli and have now become a first team regular, playing in a 3 man midfield. We are quite a good side and have climbed to 6th and are through to the next round of the cup.

Its weird though, I can feel myself going out of form and in the end, I did get dropped for a few games to the bench! Superb stuff and I love that - the fact you have to keep performing and its not just an 'artificial' sort of mode progression.

Mid season break now and I've had a few little offers, but I think I'll stick with the 1st team football for now.

And I know EXACTLY what you mean Terry! The little twinkly stars are like 'the tears of our desperation dripping away'...

i'm just comin up2 negotiations in my second season did half wit man city never managed to make the bench, signed for spurs made the bench now starting regular 2 goals 2 assists 12 games. on top player its so realistic the way everything has happened on my game so far:)) loving it

I'm in my 3rd season on top player, stayed with Aston Villa. I'm a SS but Villa play me as a CF keeping John Carew out. Didn't take me long to get in the first team and became a regular fairly quick. At first it was very frustrating but you have to adapt to the stats and play differently to what you would normally. I'd agree that getting a few shots in does help your development, as does completed passes and ofcourse I think straying out of position doesn't help.

Experience points come extremely slow and i develop maybe 3 stat points for each attribute a season. Don't know if this differs on lower difficulty.

If anyone has any advice on how to map out the value points 'strengthen' to develop faster or better for a SS, then your advice is welcomed.

I'm currently setup like this:

Technique kicking : 3
Technique Dribbling: 3
Balance: 1
Power: 2
Speed: 2
Stamnia: 1

You haven't read this thread then :SHOCK:. I have post on page 1 and also on PC section http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50138

I have post following on the PC section, this is also handy for PS3 and Xbox360 players.

Thanks to a guy named "Benotti" on a dutch forum he has put a list for "Bal" where all the points is assign to after a (training) match.

full.jpg

In the menu 'strengthen', you will find 6 categories, which you can assign 0 to 6 blocks. One plus sign in the overview means one training block, 2 plus sign means for each training block you will gain 2 points (if one of your category has the full maximum blocks (6) the attribute will have 12 points each match). Next to this you will have match experience points as well. As you can see for the category Technique (kicking) will have the most advantage and Stamina very less. Finally this depends also on your position which you have chosen.

Last edited:
A couple of tips I have on become a legend mode:

I got the game about 3 days an played it almost non stop over the weekend and have managed 5 seasons in 3days (yes its sad)

Firstly;

Shoot whenever you get a chance, even if it hammers it wide it still improves your rating at the end of the game and if its a no score draw, you will more than likely get man of the match and then get those match experience points which will make you a better player alot quicker.

Choose a team that scores loads of goals, even if they are rubbish you will still get loads of goals and assists an more experience.

Get your stamina up to 80 as quickly as possible because otherwise you get subbed off and dont get to finish the game and loose out on points.

Start in the french league, they all play 433 and score loads, plus the defenders and keepers are rubbish and there are no massive goal threats apart from cisse so you have a good chance of finishing top scorer.

Lastly, the development is slow but after 2 or 3 seasons you should be above your development curve by about 5-10points and becoming a decent player so dont worry that will be only be medeocre after 6 seasons because aslong as u dont skip games the exp will add up.

Safe.

Does anyone know how you 'earn' the special abilities? I got one for dribbling but missed when it happened.

My guess is either by doing a certain number of that action, or doing it in a big match/crucial moment...

I wanna be taking free-kicks and penalties too, but I guess the CPU choses the player with the highest stats in those areas?

I'm not sure, I think it's random. Some lad on another site said he got the shooting star after just 4 games but he may well have been talking out of his....

Someone else has been playing 5 seasons and hasn't got a star. I don't have any and I'm near end of season 2.

So don't hold your breath is my advice.

A question lads. Is be a legend mode worth buying the game for? I'm fine with pes08 but legend mode is tempting and I can't get a good enough view from youtube vids of legend mode.

Definitely! I was a little bit sceptical after pes08 when Fifa came up. Cuz compared to FIFA08, PES08 was a big disappointment. Well actually I just bought PES09 just for that mode, I played in top player mode, can't really see the ball :) but it is well worth it.

Enjoy !

This BAL mode does sound a lot better than BAPS, the fact that you can be dropped and subbed makes a huge difference.

BAL alone might be worth buying the game for.

This BAL mode does sound a lot better than BAPS, the fact that you can be dropped and subbed makes a huge difference.

BAL alone might be worth buying the game for.

Dags, I'm a 33 yr old married man. This morning I set my alarm an hour early so I could get a few games in before work. And those few games playing for a club I can't stand! I'm worried about my mental health, let alone my wife.

That's what BAL does to you....

I love BAL...i started mine as a CF on TOP PLAYER...oh yeah my i changed my league set up :D...left the big three IMO (Italian...Spanish & ENGLISH)...but the 4th league i put 4 of the best from the french....4 of the best from the dutch and the rest where the best from the other leagues...

I started out in this league of mixed up teams...nicely balnced if you ask me...after my scouting match i got ofers from ajax....feyenoord and a russian team. i opted for feyenoord (big mistake in my early career...i was in training matches every week even though i played well...but i dot blame them Roy MAkaay wa unstoppable and Tommason was doing GREAT as a back up striker. i aleady made up my mind that i was gonna leave them mid way through the season in seach of more football. by mid way negotians i made 6 sub appearances and scored one goal.

the first negotiation period i got offers from lesser clubs...i accepted the one from River plate and went straight to the subs bench...i was amazed at how much flair they play with on matchday...step overs...backheels:SHOCK:...i made about 13 appearances from them including 5 starts and 4 goals :APPLAUD: lol.

finished that season and got offers from other higher ranked teams which i refused in order to improve at River Plate and i feel like i have to repay the manager for showing faith in me...dnt know why i ffel so attached lol.

my second season im a certain STARTER when fit...ive got 8 goals and 4 assists in 12 games..winning man of the matches everywhere...oh yeah i just scored my 1st hat-trick yesterday..which felt AMAZING!!!...as you can imagine...and my stats are improving quite nicely...i feel a big offer coming in mid-season..but im gonna reject it anywayzz...why swap 1st team for bench warmer...

i know its your game and you can play ithow you want but i got some tips from watching from the sidelines and speaking with my other stiker FALCAO!! lol...if your a CF..play like one...track back up to the halfway line...thats your making zone really (dnt run everywhere the ball is...thats why theres team mates) and try to win any clearances from your defence...don't always try to attack use your midfeild...or hold up play unitl support comes in...don't alwayy call for the ball let the team build up attacks...unless yo are in acres of space...or EUNNING in2 it.
oh yeah a note about passing they won't pass to you from one side of the field most passes have to be short or if your running into space infront of them.

Dags, I'm a 33 yr old married man. This morning I set my alarm an hour early so I could get a few games in before work. And those few games playing for a club I can't stand! I'm worried about my mental health, let alone my wife.

That's what BAL does to you....

Shame on you!

(I'm 32 and got woken up by my cats this morning half hour before the alarm is due and immediately thoughts turned to Naples and I had to get up and get some games in! MUST..GET...FORM...BACK)

Dags you gotta get it matey!

Back
Top Bottom