The 'Become A Legend' Discussion Thread

...i know its your game and you can play ithow you want but i got some tips from watching from the sidelines and speaking with my other stiker FALCAO!! lol...if your a CF..play like one...track back up to the halfway line...thats your making zone really (dnt run everywhere the ball is...thats why theres team mates) and try to win any clearances from your defence...don't always try to attack use your midfeild...or hold up play unitl support comes in...don't alwayy call for the ball let the team build up attacks...unless yo are in acres of space...or EUNNING in2 it.
oh yeah a note about passing they won't pass to you from one side of the field most passes have to be short or if your running into space infront of them.

Its weird how this mode effects you. I watched Lampard very closely on MOTD this week so I could see where he starts and finishes his runs to get into the box etc.

Tried to encorporate it into my game and I am getting more chances...

Dags, I'm a 33 yr old married man. This morning I set my alarm an hour early so I could get a few games in before work. And those few games playing for a club I can't stand! I'm worried about my mental health, let alone my wife.

That's what BAL does to you....

LOL,

maybe lot's of single guys overhere are gonna stay single a little longer...

I'm playing on the PC.
I'm playing 5 min Top player matches. I'm playing whole day so much :P
Totally addicted. This is my story so far. UPDATED

spooky9vq2.jpg

My ugly face

spooky09hz1.jpg

I love the shirt!

My positions are CF. AMF. CMF
I started in the Ere division at FC utrecht. after 6 matches i made the bench. once i got on the pitch i scored a great goal and delivered some good passes. The match after that i played 45 minutes. untill i made the starting 11.

After 19 matches for FC Utrecht there were offers from mid rated clubs from holland. and one from Feyenoord! So i went to feyenoord
I played the 2nd half only 12 matches. i was alot on bench and didnt come in. but i scored 8 goals. good for a striker.

After the 2008-2009 season Feyenoord didnt want me anymore. i went to the rival side. Ajax. Unfortunately. when making it on the starting 11. i got a big injury. i played 11 matches the whole season.

But because of my first season (with FC utrecht and Feyenoord, was in the best 11 of europe) I got a offer from a club from italia. Fiorentina.
Season 2010-2011 i played 26 matches. Fiorentina finished 3rd. and won the masters cup.

I Stay at fiorentina Season 2011-2012 but things went different.
Again a big injury. i only played 7 matches! BUT fiorentina won the league!!. Unfortunately Fiorentina didnt want to longen the contract.

I was called up for the holland national team to play on the euro
we went trough the quarter final but eventually it ended there.
I was topscorer of the championship though i scored a great 3 goals against scotland (4-2). Now im a regular starting 11 player.

After my good Holland national team performance. i went to a lower rating club after my bad season at fiorentina. 2012-2013, I went to spain. Espanyol
I played 21 matches the first half of the season. everything fit perfectly. Unfortunately. Espanyol didnt play Champions cup. Anyways
I was just topscorer of the league with 11 goals. (Eto'o 10 goals)
I felt pretty good with this team. they played a good 4-4-2 formation and i was SS instead of CF. but everything went perfectly. Great feeling with the players. BUT... in the winter.. after 3 weeks negotiation. I got THE offer of my life. Real madrid. 2nd ranked over the world (Barcelona 4th)
But 5th ranked in the league (Espanyol 3rd :P).

So should i stay at espanyol or go for the real money?
I took my decision. I signed for Real madrid.
I played 23 matches the 2nd half of the season. i am 21 years. and i took real madrid with me. For weeks in and out we were ranked 5th..6th.. until the last weeks it went 4rd... 3rd... and with 3 fixtures to go even ranked 1st 77 points as much as Barcelona but Real madrid having better goal difference.

At the Masters cup. Semi final. Ac milan.
Home : 0-0
Away : 1-0 (For real madrid after extra time)
Great tension!. So i went to the final. Against who?.
The club i'm fighting with in the league. FC Barcelona.
The tension was absolutely awesome. FC barcelona was really playing good and alot of shots went on the post. but then i got some space. i pass to Van nistelrooy (yes hes still playing). and he scored!. in the 86th minute. real madrid their first price (they werent in the D1 cup anymore)
. Then. Last match day. Real madrid on second place.

Barcelona 84
Real madrid 82
Valencia 80

I thought. this is over. Barcelona had to play against Getafe
And i had to play against VALENCIA!. Unfortunately, the match ended 4-2
With my rating an 8!!!. And what did barcelona do?. 1-1 against Getafe!.
Real madrid having better goal difference so i won the league for the second time.

Now i'm starting a new season with Real. they wanted me to stay offcourse.
I'm 22 years now. already a good career. More to come!.

Euro 2012

Before i wanna start telling about things happened lately
This was bad. I had an extreme blunder.
I managed to get trough the group stage and the next opponent was Czech republic
they scored the first goal.
89th minute Robben crosses to me and from literally 1 meter i missed. over the crossbar. what a blunder.
Holland out of tournament. going bad in the world ranking.

Real madrid season again...

My best season so far.
again big fight in the league with barca. but i won with 2 points difference.
i won the championship cup. beating the likes of Inter, Villareal, and PSV
and i won the D1 cup. Beating Barcelona in the final. Topscorer in all 3!!. and assist leader in the d1 cup.
Best season so far.
Topscorer in the league (20 goals. david villa also 20 goals but i get the topscorer trophy?)
Also i found out that you can have new special abilities
Somehow somewhere mid season i got a new star for Dribbling! Awesome!.
I signed another year (3rd) for real madrid... but first lets go national!

World cup/International cup 2014

I started right away. I qualified good.
And i managed to get trough the group stage.
Next opponent was ENGLAND. this was so difficult.
No goals scored. in the 80th minute i was subbed cause of my bad stamina.
Babel came in. 0-0 after full tim, so extra time had to take place.
No goals also in extra time. unbelievable i had to watch it all. But holland won the penalties
So i had nothing to worry about. trough to the next round....

...Wich was FRANCE. again this wil be very difficult.
France scored a cracker. very quick goal . 1-0 for france.
Things went bad. i was getting out of my CF possition moving abit to the side. i got the ball dribbling to the
corner flag. i crossed it quickly as a defender came and right before he tackled me i crossed it.
Goal!. Right before half time holland score. 1-1. Second half was very close. some great keeper saves. but one keeper blunder from france
led me to a goal. 83th minute, i had a good response and could tap it in. 2-1 for me.
right after the goal i got subbed. but my team kept playing good. trough the next round....

....Where i meet spain. Yes another club from europe.
I only see Brazil and Cote d'ivore next to all europe teams. Brazil got terminated by Czech

Holland - Spain (Should be the euro 2008 final in reality :P )
Germany - Portugal (I think we all know this match ^^)

so... I had a great start. 3:49 played (in a 5 minute match!) and i managed to get free on a corner to head it in
1-0 holland. With some great attacking play by my team i managed to score the 2-0 in the 22th minute!.
We are on roses now. It stayed 2-0 . As always i got subbed by babel. now in the 76th minute because i walked alot. and my stamina isn't great.
Up to my first national final!.

Portugal is the opponent.. this isn't going to be easy. Gods like Quaresma and Ronaldo. even Nani rules now.
Anyways. I start (Pretty tired) with RED condition. Can't be better.
Right before half time wijnanldum sends me away. i run as fast as i can to ricardo the goalkeeper. and i manged to beat him.
I score

spooky3qj0.jpg

The winning goal. Just about to shoot

And it was the only goal! finally. on 22 years to 23 years of age. the first ever world cup for holland (if you look at real life)
And i make the golden goal! what a feeling.

spooky4lg9.jpg

Can you spot me?

spooky5ov4.jpg

Best player of the tournament

Next Season...

Another season to come. lets see what this brings. 23 years of age.
Already getting decent stats. got to improve my stamina. haha.

Career

2008-2009 FC UTRECHT
2008-2009 FEYENOORD
2009-2010 AJAX
2010-2011 FIORENTINA
2011-2012 FIORENTINA
2012-2013 ESPANYOL
2012-2013 REAL MADRID
2013-2014 REAL MADRID
2014- REAL MADRID

Last edited:
hey spooky , looks like you had a great career so far , could you please help me out a little , i would like to know:
1) what camera angle do you play on
2) how do you distribute your strength points
3) as a CF do you always call for the ball and be very greedy and try to take all the team on alll the time, or do you play your role?

thanks , spooky for your very interesting career, hope it goes well for me like yours, also could you give any advice on the mode and what does that scout feature mean where you can scout players from transfer market and put them on the list , from transfer list.

i am in 3/4 through fist season , got 8 goals so far and the most in team and got 3rd place in league cup. they play 4-5-1 , so is a bit hard upfront alone, should i go to a attacking team who play 3 up front?

I play Verticle wide the regular Become a legend camera.
i could play wide or normal long horizontal but i dont get a special feeling with that i think its boring.

I change my Strenght points alot. I trained 6 bars on speed and 6 bars on dribbling alot for 1 season and this season im more into power and balance. so i change it. i dont have a particular thing to distribute my strength points.
As a CF i just do my job. i dont go ask for the ball and dribble. when possible i ask for the ball and pass around to give the cpu a chance. and that works. if things doesnt go to well. i go from my center possition a bit to the sides when the ball is at the side in my defence and ask for the ball to dribble (cause of my good speed) to the corner flag and then cross it. where i score alot of goals also.

My career isnt finished yet :)

Shame on you!

(I'm 32 and got woken up by my cats this morning half hour before the alarm is due and immediately thoughts turned to Naples and I had to get up and get some games in! MUST..GET...FORM...BACK)

Dags you gotta get it matey!

This BAL is taking over my life.

Do you play a whole career? into your 30's etc?

Also a question for you Spooky or anyone that can answer. Your playing as a dutch player and got called up for international duty. How easy is it to get into the national team? What if your english and your trying to get into that team.

i just got this game and im half way throught the first season on top player as a SS I started playing for man city after about 10 games i got onto the bench another 5 game and i was in the starting line up put i just transfered to aston villa
I get put in as a AMF most of the time which i actualy preffer
the biggest problem is when they put me as a lone CF my stats are to weak to play without support
IS THERE A WAY TO CHANGE YOUR POSISTION?

The AI in this mode is fucking retarded - the more I play it the more obvious it becomes to me.

You make yourself some space (which is very easy to do, as the opposition don't man-mark you at all), call for the ball, and then 90% of the time your teammates pass the other way to somebody who isn't in as good a position/is marked, run into a defender and lose the ball, just hoof it away to nobody and more retarded things.

Your defenders can't defend corners - well it's not even just your own defenders, it's the opposition too, almost every corner results in a header at goal, and most of the time they go in.

Your teammates can't shoot - I can shoot better in real life than these guys, and i'm shite. Even though i'm at Hull on the game, they are meant to be replicating what the player can do in real life - these are professional players at a club in the top tier of English football, and they are there for a reason - because they are good.
Yet in the game, they can't finish, almost every game is 0-0 or 1-0, yet there is always loads of shots.

That's just the AI in the mode, I havn't even mentioned any of the problems with the actual gameplay...

I've been putting off playing this until the WE Blog OF comes this Friday but after losing a load of progress on Saint's Row 2 after not saving and turning it off I decided to have a go at this with my OF I have now.

I got the misses to take a pic of my face, loaded it into the game and then saw that the shadow across one side of my face made me turn out like a burns victim in the game so I had to re take my pic and try again. It looks better now but I still have a dark patch on one side of my face due to the lighting that I cant get rid off. If I up the colour of the skin it blends ok... but the the light side of my face is wrong.

Bah... anyway... I'll re do my face when the OF comes.
So I started a game with the first burns look - scored a goal and then after seeing my face up close on the celebration quit it and started a fresh with the 2nd look. Of course I failed to do anything of merit in this game and didn't even get a single shot off!

Did anyone else think that in the editor it looked like you, but then as soon as you go into the game it kinda changes and you stop looking like you?

I'm a AMF and 3 clubs offer me a contract after the youth team game - Villa who want me in a Wing FW position and then Sunderland and west ham who want me to play as a AMF.

I opt for Villa thinking as they want me in a different role maybe they're desperate for players in that role.

WRONG!

I'm now playing games with the training squad each week building my stats up. It's fun but its tough to break down the first team players of villa. After my first game i was kicking myself for not joining west ham (sunderland were a better option to go being ranked lower and having less abled players but i wouldn't lower myself :BLEH:)

I've yet to score but I've come bloody close a few times. I've had a lot of one vs one moments but my shitty running speed means everyone catches up to me so I have to take the shots early and that never works. I did have an amazing shot from a corner. My team played it short to me on the corner of the box, I turned and jogged a little and then smacked the ball. It flew over everyone and dipped over the diving keeper... hit the inside of the far post and came across the line right to a defender to clear it.

Since then I've done nothing much, I'm only like 5 games into my first season which explains a lot but my career highlights so far are getting a booking for a tackle in a game in the first few mins and then shitting myself for the rest of the match and passing a few balls to the AI who then get an assist for playing it onto a FW who scores.

Brilliant stuff

spooky9vq2.jpg

My ugly face

u made that pic from a USB camera? or uploaded JPEG pic,
man im trying so hard to create my own player face by a jpeg fhoto, but it fails big time!
Simply not possible to get a face right

Napoli have benched me, this is terrible :(

I'm demanding a transfer. I've lost all my rythym - and any time I get 45 mins, I cannot get into the game.

Feel sorry for John O'Shea now...

the a.i. in this mode all depends on the level you are playing and what team you are playing for , as when i played for betis i was getting shit service and the team could not have the vision to pass to me quickly when i was in space , but when i transfered to athletico madrid it was completely different , the com made great runs , i was playing good football making alot of chances and always get the ball,

seriously when people say in this mode the com never pass i am bemused , i always get ball when in space , if playing for shit team it may come late or bent but the tam is not there to play around you but as a team , man seriously some of these critics must love BAP cuz unrealisticaaly they pass you the ball all the time which is shit and stupid , when they are about to score and you press pass in defence they willkcick the ball from attack to you , that is unrealistic and stupid and that is why i love this mode , if you are playing for hull , then you are in a shit team and most teams are better than you and you will get ur team playing shit.

rob has complains too much about this mode , has he even played more than one season , you dont become a star at 17 after a sason or 2 it is very realistic and great mode, every one here knows that cuz they have been able to experience the mode for a couple of seasons with dif teams and styles of play and formations too know that every team lays very different, its not ia where the 1000 team + that are all the same in the wa they play and the dif in player ability is minimal and teams dont play footbal lke their real life counterparts, i.e. play barca in this mode and they are a real class act , even compared to other teams , in this vertical cam u realy get tooo see their passing and messi is phenominal at takingplayers on and the difference between stars and googd players is shown and passers are vital and their contribution to the play is grea in BAL.

My created Mansouri really has made a bad choice when going to Grenoble instead of Nantes.
Grenoble are last and Mansouri still isn't on the bench after approximately 8 matches...his carreer really resembles what radiation is describing in his previous post...a couple of good moves and good shots, one goal with a header (in his first training match).
Mansouri is also the penalty kick taker of Grenoble's reserves: he missed on both occasions...not very good...i think Mansouri is becoming a litle bit unhappy, but he will not give up...

PS: I did create myself...i'm way too old...i could have created my son, but somehow it just didn't felt right.

the a.i. in this mode all depends on the level you are playing and what team you are playing for , as when i played for betis i was getting shit service and the team could not have the vision to pass to me quickly when i was in space , but when i transfered to athletico madrid it was completely different , the com made great runs , i was playing good football making alot of chances and always get the ball,

seriously when people say in this mode the com never pass i am bemused , i always get ball when in space , if playing for shit team it may come late or bent but the tam is not there to play around you but as a team , man seriously some of these critics must love BAP cuz unrealisticaaly they pass you the ball all the time which is shit and stupid , when they are about to score and you press pass in defence they willkcick the ball from attack to you , that is unrealistic and stupid and that is why i love this mode , if you are playing for hull , then you are in a shit team and most teams are better than you and you will get ur team playing shit.

rob has complains too much about this mode , has he even played more than one season , you dont become a star at 17 after a sason or 2 it is very realistic and great mode, every one here knows that cuz they have been able to experience the mode for a couple of seasons with dif teams and styles of play and formations too know that every team lays very different, its not ia where the 1000 team + that are all the same in the wa they play and the dif in player ability is minimal and teams dont play footbal lke their real life counterparts, i.e. play barca in this mode and they are a real class act , even compared to other teams , in this vertical cam u realy get tooo see their passing and messi is phenominal at takingplayers on and the difference between stars and googd players is shown and passers are vital and their contribution to the play is grea in BAL.

Exactly, I ALWAYS get passes in space - normally without having to call for it. Its about being in a good space - not just any space and also making sure you are not marked etc.

Not sure why people cannot get on with this mode!? Its fantastic...

I think Rob has a different game.

I've started using the Auto-Move feature a bit more and I'd say it has made .5 difference to my match rating. Whether it is because I'm not straying offside or something, I don't know. I'd love to try the shoot on target tip but my man can't.... full stop.

I've also cracked converting .adx to .mp3 without losing volume so if you want to know how I'll post it up here.

My created Mansouri really has made a bad choice when going to Grenoble instead of Nantes.
Grenoble are last and Mansouri still isn't on the bench after approximately 8 matches...his carreer really resembles what radiation is describing in his previous post...a couple of good moves and good shots, one goal with a header (in his first training match).
Mansouri is also the penalty kick taker of Grenoble's reserves: he missed on both occasions...not very good...i think Mansouri is becoming a litle bit unhappy, but he will not give up...

PS: I did create myself...i'm way too old...i could have created my son, but somehow it just didn't felt right.

heh, i also went for grenoble instead of nantes, 'cause they'd let me play on my favourite position - OMF - that was written in the contract at least. reality went different... CMF was the position i actually played in the end but first things first ...
only in week 12 i made it onto the bench, before i was only doing training matches.
and yes, they're shite. :) almost lost every game or drawed and of course were leading the table from the bottom.
well, after my first call for the first team, i kept being subbed in for like 25-20 mins at the end second half and then i eventually made it into the starting eleven.
with me on board, somehow they started to win a few games and did pretty good in the league cup too. beat monaco and marseille, gave lyonnais a tough game which in the end was lost by 2:3 very unfortunate.
then the mid-season negotiations were due and i got a few offers. sochaux, being third in the league at that time, and toulouse (8th) wanted to sign me.
i wasn't too sure whether i should leave grenoble or not seeing as their results have improved and i was getting regular playing time there. still, i went for toulouse hoping to make it a starter there too and that the football played there comply more with my own personal understanding of football, 'cause my grenoble team was exactly playing like "naz11" explained earlier in this thread.
and yes, i could definitely see improvements and didn't regret the move. made my first appearance on the bench after the 5th or 6th training match. had to watch two whole games from the bench without getting subbed in, but then i eventually got my chance there too and scored the winner against stade rennais! got a 8 rating having only played like 20 minutes and just a few passes. since that game, i had become a starter at toulouse too.
however, toulouse couldn't improve their mid-season eighth place and instead finished the league 9th. the performaces were too inconsitent.
funny thing, turned out grenoble won the league cup! i felt happy and somehow pissed at the same time for them.

well, that was my first season in become a legend and i truely enjoyed it! looking forward to playing the next season.
a little preview on it: the summer negotiations are going on and i already got a couple of offers. psg and roda jc. i haven't decided yet but i guess i'll go with psg hoping to go up another level in football quality plus they've qualified for the international competition.

So Grenoble are bad in your game too kel...i think Konami underestimated them, because they are doing quite well in Ligue 1 irl (i think they are currently ninth).

What is absolutely unrealistic (and the only negative point) is that Grenoble are also playing European football ("UEFA Cup") and they are second in their group, behind Blackburn Rovers, but before Espanyol and De Graafschap (another team were it's very unlikely that they would play European football).

I hope to have a chance on the bench soon and then enough first team football to leave Grenoble...

Terry, i also use the auto-move more and more, especially when my team does have the ball...

I tried changing Genoa's formation last night, but to no avail. Worse still, I think the game will only read the 'default' formation - which can't be changed in Edit mode.

So if you want to return Arsenal to the defensive glories of the 90's you are buggered I think.

if you are playing for hull , then you are in a shit team and most teams are better than you and you will get ur team playing shit.

TO be fair I signed for Hull from the beginning and I'm still with them now half way through my 2nd season. We had a relegation battle last season but we are currently flying in 2nd place behind Chelsea. We beat Man Utd at Old Trafford 3-1 and I didnt score any. I'm a CF with 8 goals this campaign and flying. My speed is 85 already so got lucky with that as started with 79. I resisted the temptation to move to my hometown club of Boro after the last negotiations. I'm a god at Hull and everyone looks to pass to me and Giovanni is just a genius. I really fancied a transfer but with me doing so well and a chance to get Hull into the Champions League I decided to stay for the rest of the season.

I cant wait to play with better players but at the moment we are flying, only losing to Arsenal and Liverpool, both 1-0, and both silly goals.

I cant ever remember being this addicted to a game for a long, long time, its the future. Its me, it's what I am, and BAL is what I do. End of story. Lol.

Really've had enogh of BAP right now, ATM I'm saving for PES 2009 (especially BAL) but I have a question. Does the PSP version have Be A Legend mode ? Thx

Hey guyzz i have some exciting news about my career if you want to see my career up to date its on page two :D...well basically i moved to Fenerbache in order to get more recognition in my 3rd season...I DID...8 weeks into my 3rd season i got called up into the ENGLAND NATIONAL TEAM...i deserved it...i scored 17 goals in 35 games for a struggling river plate team last season and this season ive got 3 goals in 5 Appearances (2 starts...Ahhh...my future is looking bright :D

Can I just ask a question to the guys like Gerd who say they prefer Be A Legend (PES) to Be A Pro (FIFA), and this is a genuine question; what makes it better?

Can I just ask a question to the guys like Gerd who say they prefer Be A Legend (PES) to Be A Pro (FIFA), and this is a genuine question; what makes it better?

Its much more involving...

1) You have to EARN the right. So you start in the reserves, then get promoted to the reserves 'A' team, then the 1st team bench, then the 1st team. If you do not keep up the performances, you will be dropped. Its gutting to go from the 1st team back to the reserves! :(

2) You can get subbed at any time in the match - which is realistic and makes you try harder for sure. Its a nervy feeling late on when the sub cut-scenes start appearing :)

3) You can train your player up - and bias what areas get trained (strength, speed etc) - so you can make a quick winger, or a powerful target man.

4) You feel more involved in the matches. I've found the AI really good and you can get some great moves going. Others say the AI stinks, but I think they are just PES haters.

5) During your career, you can get transfer offers and move to better (or worse!) clubs. If you are really poor, you can get released. Transfers happen alot (winter and summer windows), so you always have offers. Its not just something that 'might' happen. Good if you get bored at a club, cannot get in the 1st team or just fancy a new challenge.

6) You get trophies (not PS3 ones... yet) during the season - simple as MOM, best other player in the game (i.e. not MOM) right up to World Player of the Year (and Euro player) and they announce the best World and Euro XI's too.

7) You can get called up to the national side. I know that is in BAP too, but in BAL, you get to play friendlies, qualifiers, national tournaments etc.

8) Your career lasts from 17-27 - at 27 you can announce your retirement or carry on. You can announce your International retirement too.

9) Best of all (maybe) is that you can take your career player and play 'Legends' mode. Which is your player and 3 other human BAL players on one side v the AI online - which is superb. You get points, multipliers etc and aim for the best score. So far, everyone plays this 'right' - as apposed to the greedy playground football found in BAP.

Theres loads more - it really is addictive and superb. I liken it to Player Manager on the old Amiga :)

Last edited:

1) You have to EARN the right. So you start in the reserves, then get promoted to the reserves 'A' team, then the 1st team bench, then the 1st team. If you do not keep up the performances, you will be dropped. Its gutting to go from the 1st team back to the reserves! :(

2) You can get subbed at any time in the match - which is realistic and makes you try harder for sure. Its a nervy feeling late on when the sub cut-scenes start appearing :)

3) You can train your player up - and bias what areas get trained (strength, speed etc) - so you can make a quick winger, or a powerful target man.

4) You feel more involved in the matches. I've found the AI really good and you can get some great moves going. Others say the AI stinks, but I think they are just PES haters.

5) During your career, you can get transfer offers and move to better (or worse!) clubs. If you are really poor, you can get released. Transfers happen alot (winter and summer windows), so you always have offers. Its not just something that 'might' happen. Good if you get bored at a club, cannot get in the 1st team or just fancy a new challenge.

6) You get trophies (not PS3 ones... yet) during the season - simple as MOM, best other player in the game (i.e. not MOM) right up to World Player of the Year (and Euro player) and they announce the best World and Euro XI's too.

7) You can get called up to the national side. I know that is in BAP too, but in BAL, you get to play friendlies, qualifiers, national tournaments etc.

8) Your career lasts from 17-27 - at 27 you can announce your retirement or carry on. You can announce your International retirement too.

9) Best of all (maybe) is that you can take your career player and play 'Legends' mode. Which is your player and 3 other human BAL players on one side v the AI online - which is superb. You get points, multipliers etc and aim for the best score. So far, everyone plays this 'right' - as apposed to the greedy playground football found in BAP.

Theres loads more - it really is addictive and superb. I liken it to Player Manager on the old Amiga :)

The case for the defence now rests. Amen.

great post , also think all that and that yor stats dont increase so quickly , which keeps you grounded as a player and makes you feel like a proper profesional footballer trying to make it in the game , and in fifa i think you are more like a superstar and u only got 4 years to prove to make urself good and so everything feels rushed and not realistic , like it would be when starting your career as a football player, also i fifa mode you have to be greeedy and team play is not rewarded , as when i was a SS in that mode i felt had to be greedy and score and get these very stupid objectives which ment that i had to be greedy and try to get objectives and not play football i had to score two goals nd get x shots on target etc, it feeels like it is not about the team bt more on miscelaneous objectives which are not realy relevant.

The case for the defence now rests. Amen.
:P That's exactly the opposite of why I asked, I don't want to start another PES v FIFA war. I've seen enough of that bollocks.

I was just asking because I'm wondering what the major differences are. I've played it myself and personally I didn't have a lot of fun, I was signed up by Wigan and playing training matches versus Wigan every frigging week - unless that's a bug of some sort I don't see the fun in that. And it was really getting on my nerves getting into a good position, asking for the ball, and watching them totally ignore you time and time again (I know you can say "well you're only a young lad, you're not a pro" but you'd run into acres of space and they'd pass to someone surrounded by markers instead).

What I love is that you can start on the bench, and you can be substituted when you're playing poorly. Odd that PES is going for "fun" and FIFA for "realism" yet in FIFA you start every game and you're never ever substituted. You have to work your way through the reserves, which is great, but never being benched or substituted is poor. The "objectives" in Be A Pro are also stupid but saying that, they're not requirements, so I don't worry about them.

And of course there's the fact that in FIFA you're limited to four seasons, which is a real arse. I prefer the gameplay in FIFA I have to say but I'm interested in both. I think PES is a decent game all the same, hence why I'm asking why the guys who've played both prefer BAL to BAP.

The post about pes become a legend is proper class pboreham!
Also i think its better to get your hand up and ask for a pass.
Then in fifa you press the pass button when not on the ball and you get a pass. you press high ball when not on the ball. you get a high ball.
I like just asking for the ball gives a better feeling. and for the ones that say the AI is shit. i always get the ball when im in space so you probably play another game.

I prefer the gameplay of PES BAL over fifa BAP (Ps3 version i played. and pc version) but pc version of fifa is really really really bad. i totally disagree in what u say above here chris. i made the bench in 5 trainingmatches, on top player. and i think pes is pretty much more realism then fifas be a pro.

The negative i find about pes is that after some years the stats of some todays youngsters are IMMENSE. not realistic. drenthe is 26 in my game with stats all 95+

About Legends mode in pes. I like the way you can scout 4 players under your Salary points. And that it will have the same stats online as in your savegame. And that there can be a maximum of 16 scouted players in 1 team (4x4) because the leader has all the scouted players the 3 players you play with (and your own) available to put into. so your not liable to the ML standard players + The stats in their savegame could be totally different.

Last edited:
I've played it myself and personally I didn't have a lot of fun, I was signed up by Wigan and playing training matches versus Wigan every frigging week - unless that's a bug of some sort I don't see the fun in that.

Maybe it's just some people's thing. From the very start of the scouting game I was smitten. I was nervous and absolutely desperate to do something good in that game. (I didn't!)

I felt the same about the reserve games, they just flew by. After accepting a bad transfer offer I'm at a team where they miss all the golden opportunities I lay on for them and they give me next to nothing around goal. But at the start of every game for them I'm excited because it might be the turnaround.

The game as a whole is average, but they have more or less nailed the BAL mode, and with the editing facility to make the leagues you want, it's the most fun footie game I have had in a long, long time.

Back
Top Bottom