The 'Become A Legend' Discussion Thread

i have some questions about creating own face
i have ceated my own face on ps3 with jpeg file,
it seems its NOT possible to add facial hair?
i only managed to add hair style

Im pretty sure you cant add facial hair, which is why my player looks like he has a ridiculous moustache... its the only part of my beard that you can see...

..yes, i really am that ugly... minus the pigtails though... added them for theatrical effect. ;)

After playing some good training matches (albeit with rather poor ratings) Mansouri finally got some promotion. He has played a training match with the first team and got a 6,5 rating...
Sometimes i think Mansouri must be exasperated with his team mates, he's a very good passer, but sometimes he hardly gets the ball..
I hope he can be on the bench for the next match...his coach should try him because Grenoble are having a Derby County-esque season...they have only 1 single point after approximately 10 or 12 games...and that with a litle gem like Mansouri in the squad...
One of Mansouri's problem could be that he is a dramatic tackler, every single tackle he tries results in a yellow card...if i remember well, in earlier editions of PES yellow and red cards influenced your ratings...i think the CPU deducted a point for a yellow. Mansouri has lots of 5,5 or 6 ratings in matches where he plays rather well, but he always gets yellow cards...if you look into his march details, mst of the time he has committed one foul, but got an immediate yellow card for it...rather harsh...

PS: people, this is a very interesting thread, lets not make it another PES-FIFA-fight thread, i've have enough of those...

yes gerd, cards do indeed lower your rating. i reckon a yellow card will result in a 0.5 drop. a red card i think has an even bigger impact. say you score three goals but get sent off, you can't expect better than 6, wouldn't surprise me only getting 5 though.

My yellow tackles always come out of sheer frustration.

Most of the time if I just concentrate on my tackling I can slide without getting booked - but when you're having a shit game, the temptation to take one of their players out is so tempting. Especially when he seems to be able to tackle you using only the power of his mind!

My second season is coming to a close. I will definitely be looking for a new team in the summer, one with a high teamwork rating, and hopefully I can stay there for at least 3 or 4 years.

The last game I played before I hit the hay last night, I scored 2 goals in a 3-1 win, one of them from outside the box. It was best night's sleep I've had for quite a while. ;)

My yellow tackles always come out of sheer frustration.

Most of the time if I just concentrate on my tackling I can slide without getting booked - but when you're having a shit game, the temptation to take one of their players out is so tempting. Especially when he seems to be able to tackle you using only the power of his mind!

My second season is coming to a close. I will definitely be looking for a new team in the summer, one with a high teamwork rating, and hopefully I can stay there for at least 3 or 4 years.

The last game I played before I hit the hay last night, I scored 2 goals in a 3-1 win, one of them from outside the box. It was best night's sleep I've had for quite a while. ;)

yeah, it's the same for me. i only got one booking so far and that was in a training match were my side got trashed 0:5...

I'm completely hooked on this mode now. If I may, I'll indulge you with my BAL career thus far.

I registered as an English WF (fancied something a little different) and had a somewhat mediocre scouting match. Plenty of creative running and craft but precious little end product, save for one arching cross mid-way through the second half, which was nodded on and eventually stroked in for the only goal of the game. That single intervention must have at least left some impression, as afterwards I had offers from Sunderland, West Ham and West Brom. In the end I opted for the Baggies as they were the only club to offer me my preferred position of WF. I also figured I would have more chance to making the 1st eleven with the midlands club.

My player's vital stats:

87 agility(!?)
80 top speed
low 80's aggression
low 70's acceleration
mid 70's stamina
mid 70's team work
low 70's dribble speed

The rest is nothing short of abject; 67 attack, shot accuracy, power and technique all in the low 60's high 50's, low 60's technique, you get the idea.

At first I thought I had made the wrong choice. I played six training matches in a row, during which I was deployed as a RMF, CF and WF, all with little success. Particularly galling was the lack of goals, or even the ability to strike the ball with any conviction.

I don't know if I'm imagining this, but I swear my team mates eventually started to warm to me more on the pitch. At first I couldn't get a pass, even in plenty of space, but gradually they seemed to trust me more. I found that by doing your defensive duty you seem to get a higher rating; now I try to get at least three tackles in per game.

Seven training games in and I was ready to pack it in and play Master League. Then, after what I felt was another middle of the road performance, I finally got my first team bib, and was allowed to play on the same training team as such luminaries as Jonathan Greening, Roman Bednar and Luke Moore. :P

My first call up came the next week, a spot on the bench in the away game at 'Boro. I didn't come on until the 75th minute, replacing Bednar as CF. We were one nil down and it looked like I wasn't going to be able to do much, but right at the death I collected a speculative through pass on the left wing, cut inside and laid off a cutting pass for Moore to tuck in at the far post. 1-1.

I haven't looked back since. West Brom were rock bottom with 7 losses and a draw, but since then we've gone on a bit of a run. I was on the bench again for the 1-1 draw with Arsenal, the 1-0 win over Hull and got 45 mins for the 2-0 win over Sunderland plus a couple of other draws and a win. We're now 16th and three points clear.

Far and away the highlight of my career thus far has been the dramatic win over Liverpool in the cup over two legs. We were pummelled at home for the fist half but some how snatched a goal from a set piece just before half time. I came on in the second half as a right winger and set up Bednar for his second soon after. Liverpool came back very strong and scored a good goal through Babel to make it 2-1, but somehow we held on. I spent a lot of time defending. The away leg was tough and I played 80 mins. Liverpool romped to a 2-0 lead in the first half. Cut a long story short we clawed two back, I was subbed after 80, it went to extra time and the boys held out to go through on away goals.

Next up, Man Utd in the league just before the transfer window opens. I'll consider offers, but I'm inclined to stay with the Baggies as I'm a solid first teamer now, occasional starter, on the cusp of becoming a regular.

This mode is so involving. The sense of relief was palatable when the final whistle went at Anfield, I felt liked I'd actually played the game.

I'm completely hooked on this mode now. If I may, I'll indulge you with my BAL career thus far.

I registered as an English WF (fancied something a little different) and had a somewhat mediocre scouting match. Plenty of creative running and craft but precious little end product, save for one arching cross mid-way through the second half, which was nodded on and eventually stroked in for the only goal of the game. That single intervention must have at least left some impression, as afterwards I had offers from Sunderland, West Ham and West Brom. In the end I opted for the Baggies as they were the only club to offer me my preferred position of WF. I also figured I would have more chance to making the 1st eleven with the midlands club.

My player's vital stats:

87 agility(!?)
80 top speed
low 80's aggression
low 70's acceleration
mid 70's stamina
mid 70's team work
low 70's dribble speed

The rest is nothing short of abject; 67 attack, shot accuracy, power and technique all in the low 60's high 50's, low 60's technique, you get the idea.

At first I thought I had made the wrong choice. I played six training matches in a row, during which I was deployed as a RMF, CF and WF, all with little success. Particularly galling was the lack of goals, or even the ability to strike the ball with any conviction.

I don't know if I'm imagining this, but I swear my team mates eventually started to warm to me more on the pitch. At first I couldn't get a pass, even in plenty of space, but gradually they seemed to trust me more. I found that by doing your defensive duty you seem to get a higher rating; now I try to get at least three tackles in per game.

Seven training games in and I was ready to pack it in and play Master League. Then, after what I felt was another middle of the road performance, I finally got my first team bib, and was allowed to play on the same training team as such luminaries as Jonathan Greening, Roman Bednar and Luke Moore. :P

My first call up came the next week, a spot on the bench in the away game at 'Boro. I didn't come on until the 75th minute, replacing Bednar as CF. We were one nil down and it looked like I wasn't going to be able to do much, but right at the death I collected a speculative through pass on the left wing, cut inside and laid off a cutting pass for Moore to tuck in at the far post. 1-1.

I haven't looked back since. West Brom were rock bottom with 7 losses and a draw, but since then we've gone on a bit of a run. I was on the bench again for the 1-1 draw with Arsenal, the 1-0 win over Hull and got 45 mins for the 2-0 win over Sunderland plus a couple of other draws and a win. We're now 16th and three points clear.

Far and away the highlight of my career thus far has been the dramatic win over Liverpool in the cup over two legs. We were pummelled at home for the fist half but some how snatched a goal from a set piece just before half time. I came on in the second half as a right winger and set up Bednar for his second soon after. Liverpool came back very strong and scored a good goal through Babel to make it 2-1, but somehow we held on. I spent a lot of time defending. The away leg was tough and I played 80 mins. Liverpool romped to a 2-0 lead in the first half. Cut a long story short we clawed two back, I was subbed after 80, it went to extra time and the boys held out to go through on away goals.

Next up, Man Utd in the league just before the transfer window opens. I'll consider offers, but I'm inclined to stay with the Baggies as I'm a solid first teamer now, occasional starter, on the cusp of becoming a regular.

This mode is so involving. The sense of relief was palatable when the final whistle went at Anfield, I felt liked I'd actually played the game.

Stick with the Baggies mate, they will have you a starter before long if you keep up your form. It is an amazing game, its so deep that I feel I'm barley even touching the sides and I'm in my 3rd season.

I signed for my hometown club of Boro at the start of the 3rd season but so far I havent scored after 12 games :0( My manager still starts me though quite often, he can obviously see my huge potential. ;0)

Hi guys

Just found this forum.

I love this game mode, not played anything else since I got the game.

Started with Wigan as CF (top player) - couple of games in reserves, then into A team. One goal and a couple of good games and I was on the bench. Very difficult but kept around the first team. Half season I went to Sunderland. This set me back to a bench player and finished by first season without a goal!!! (my finishing was terrible!)

New season much better. 10 games in and we are 5th. I have got 4 goals, including 2 against Liverpool in a 2-1 win. I have found the best way to score with my stats is set pieces - pull off to back post first, then time run to near post and get there before markers. Scored 3 goals this way, the other a belter past Everton!

The AI seems to be improving - my team mates are finding me more, and I am building pace first so that I can actually run into some space! Top speed 84 now in my 2nd season.

Hi guys

Just found this forum.

I love this game mode, not played anything else since I got the game.

Started with Wigan as CF (top player) - couple of games in reserves, then into A team. One goal and a couple of good games and I was on the bench. Very difficult but kept around the first team. Half season I went to Sunderland. This set me back to a bench player and finished by first season without a goal!!! (my finishing was terrible!)

New season much better. 10 games in and we are 5th. I have got 4 goals, including 2 against Liverpool in a 2-1 win. I have found the best way to score with my stats is set pieces - pull off to back post first, then time run to near post and get there before markers. Scored 3 goals this way, the other a belter past Everton!

The AI seems to be improving - my team mates are finding me more, and I am building pace first so that I can actually run into some space! Top speed 84 now in my 2nd season.

Welcome!!
All my stats were just low 60 when I started the game! I thought it was very low, so i tried a new game as a swf.. got 2 assists, 1 goal and scored a 7.5 in the scoutmatch. So I thought my startingstats would be awesome, but nope... high 50 and low 60..

This mode is amazing. I created a CF called Keith Mozart, had to choose between Stoke, West Ham and my beloved Man City. Went with City, and works well as they play 1 up front. Pretty much kicked Jo out of the starting 11 by mid-season, rarely play 90 minutes though. Seem to perform v well in cup matches, scored in the last 3, got the second semi and then the final left. Man of the match in the last 2 league games too. Planning on staying until I’m around 22, then maybe move to a club that plays 2 up front to get more assists. But I updated the team straight away, so with Robinho and Wright-Phillips on the wings, it’s a good team to be at. 6th in the league atm, have been as high as 2nd!! Would like to play at Madrid one day, or Liverpool.

I was only playing BAL this week because i was gagging to have a go at it after reading these stories. I told myself i'll be fine deleting it all and starting a fresh game with the WEBlog OF with the teams and updates all done.

But I've just broke into the first squad and my stats are really helping me improve. It's like i've suddenly gelled with the team and everyone is used to me and corsses have started going in front of my runs rather than aimed at the spot i was stood on a second earlier.

I don't want to start it all again now :(

started off with cagliari.... dont ask why i just did... then after a full season of 55min matches (kept gettin subbed), or 2nd half sub appearances i got offered move to juventus, have scored three goals for juve so far after about ten matches of season.. i'm totally addicted as my player is gettin better and better.. 11 man of matches so far

. I told myself i'll be fine deleting it all and starting a fresh game with the WEBlog OF with the teams and updates all done.

:(

I know this is probably a realy stupid question but what exactly is the WEblog OF. I imagine it is an update patch with all the correct players, teams etc? If this is correct how do you get it and import it onto the xbox.

P.S. thanks for the help with the development graph.

Which League is the best to play do you think?
I chose French League. I thought it'd be easier to improve.

Thought i wud give a quick update on my BAL as no one else has.
I left off saying that i was halfway through my 4th season and was with Real Betis.... what a season it turned out to be! the spanish league is much more competitive than the english.
we were miles behind the big two (madrid n barca) but we went on a great run winning 10 consecutive games with me finally hitting a bit of form and scoring 14 goals. we had dragged ourselves into second with barca top by 2 points and madrid 1 behind us. we had great runs in the D1 cup and Masters Cup knockin out teams like barca and juve. came to the semi finals of the D1 cup and we won the first leg 2-1 away from home:D
Second leg: we were destoyed for the whole of the first half but somehow went in 2-1 up. i thought luck was on our side, until they scored a penalty. 2-2. we won a corner late on to help ease some of the immense pressure we were coming under. they broke tho on the counter (for some reason we had everyone but me and the LB piled int there) and their striker skinned three players and was through on goal... i made a great tackle...but u know how the refs are...:Y1 i was booked. we won and were through to the final:BOP:
we breezed through the semis of the master cup 6-1 on aggregate vs bordeaux. so in the final of two cups and still in contention for the league. we carried on our great form league seeing off another two teams to take us top!
then the week of the D1 cup final came....:SHOCK:
i was suspended.
we lost.
3-1.Madrid
heartbreak as my chance of a famous treble gone for a wrongly given yellow card.
i was determined to put this behind me and to win my other chances for silverware.
maybe to determined as i was sent off in my next game in the league. we drew and barca pulled to within a point and madrid just three behind.
Master Cup Final: couldnt believe when i found out i wasnt playing:CURSE:. but i waited patiently knowing i would be called upon.
Forlan scored and we were 1 down. second half kicked off and i still wasnt on.60th minute.70th minute still not on. then we won a corner. i was brought on (75 mins) and scored from it! two minutes to go and nani set me off down the left but i had no support. pressured into the corner i had nowhere to go so i hit a cross in and nani was there to put it in at the back post.
2-1. another trophy to add to my cabinet.
now for the league.
again i had let my team down by getting suspended for another important game. they lost to madrid again.
so last game of the season and with barca top, 2 points ahead of us and madrid, we were second because of our superior goal difference. i checked to see who both were playin...each other!
Madrid were home...i still had hope.
we destoyed Athletic Club 4-0 myself gettin a brace.
the ful time whistle blew and....:APPLAUD: it cut to the celebration scene.
madrid had beaten barca 2-1.
Another hugely successful season with me winning a total of 11 titles to go in the display room.
European championships up next.
Scored hat-trick in first start for england, but failed to do much else as we romped to 3 wins from 3 in the group stage but crashed out in first knockout round to italy. had loads of offers in summer and decided to pack my bags again and try my luck in France with PSG. Training matches again:ZZZ:
my stats finally getin good and now have 4th highest P(2640) on the game.
hope u enjoy and any questions just ask.

well, things aren't looking too good for me right now in the second season. as hinted i've decided to go to paris saint germain and am now at week 9 with two matches each week without being called for the squad (bench) let alone having played. in other words, i have done nothing but 16 training matches in-a-row in the second season.
made it into the a-training-team once, but it seemed i was there only because rothen's got sent off the game before and therefore moved into the b-training-team.
most likely i will be looking for a transfer in the winter negotiations unless something major changes here, i.e. getting play time or at least invited on the bench for a game!
the quality in the midfield is just too good for me to compete with. rothen, makélélé, giuly (manager lets him play there), clément... i should have known better and either stayed with toulouse where i was a starter or went for a lesser team. bad, bad move.

So my 2nd season drew to a close last night. I finished the season as Genoa’s top scorer with 9 goals, but there’s no satisfaction in that – the rest of the squad are total guff.

On the last day of the season I rang my agent to see what was in my Inbox. I didn’t have any big clubs sniffing around, which was disappointing (and unrealistic – I’m awesome;)). Catania, Bologna and Cagliari were most interested, and then a promising contract offer from Napoli. None of those sides had really great teamwork stats so I pushed through the weeks to see who else would come in.

Finally, in the penultimate negotiation week, an offer that ticked all the boxes from Chievo! They finished 5th last season so European Football was guaranteed and had really good teamwork ratings. I just wanted to check their formation before signing – but instead of selecting Top Menu I automatically clicked Go To Next Week. :BLINK:

As the screen reloaded I knew I had made a fook-up and lo, Chievo had withdrawn their offer, as had nearly everyone else! I had a choice between another season at Genoa or to sign for Napoli. I remember someone in this thread saying they had had a good time at Napoli so I packed my bag and headed south.

I’ve played 2 games in the stiffs so far, but the difference between here and Genoa is night and day. The passing is much quicker and more accurate, when I make good runs about 60% of the time I’ll get the ball, and if I lay on chances for others, they take them – it’s wonderful! I’ve scored one, created one in both games so I’m hoping it’s not long until I make my bow at Stadio San Paolo.

My new home:

napoli_san_paolo1.jpg

Finally, some funny transfers I noticed in this last window:
David Beckham to Udinese
John Terry to Spartak Moscow
Gareth Bale to AC Milan

Bale is too good to go to Milan...and also Spurs are a much bigger club.

Mansouri is doing better with Grenoble. He has got his big chance. Being on the bench against Le Havre. At halftime Le HAvre lead that match with 1-0 and Grenoble's coach decided to give Mansouri hig big chance as SS.
Mansouri delivered the goods with two assists in 1-2 win...Grenoble's first win of the season. Since then Mansouri has played all matches and Grenoble has won them all, against Auxerre, Caen, Lorient and Nancy...they are are currently 19th one point behind Lille and two points behind Lille...next match is against Olympique Lyonnais. The end of a winning streak???

yesterday i bought pes. Started my BaL career in the Eredivisie at Sparta, after 3 training matches i've made it to the bench. The first match on the bench in 2nd half i came in. It was still 0-0 till the 90th minute, i scored a stunning flying header as a AMF 1-0 . I became Man of the match for the first time in my first match. Briliant!

Finally, in the penultimate negotiation week, an offer that ticked all the boxes from Chievo! They finished 5th last season so European Football was guaranteed and had really good teamwork ratings. I just wanted to check their formation before signing – but instead of selecting Top Menu I automatically clicked Go To Next Week.

Hi.

This is actually something I'm having a problem with.

How can I see the formation of the teams who are trying to hire me?

This wasn't possible in JLWE2007CC, in JLWE2008CC it was there - a great, needed, addition - but in PES2009 (PS3) I just don't know how to do it without going to the Edit mode or Exhibiton mode :|

Can anyone enlighten me?

Best regards, and thanks.

Paulo Tavares

in PES2009 (PS3) I just don't know how to do it without going to the Edit mode or Exhibiton mode :|

Can anyone enlighten me?

I can't - the 'check formation' option is only for your current club, which is a bit ridiculous. :CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom