The 'Become A Legend' Discussion Thread

The BAL mode is awesome, im loving it, was up till four this morning playing it.
Started as an AMF (god position i find as i play central midfield and sometimes upfront aswell) at Sunderland after playing pretty average in the scouted game think i scored though. Got onto the bench after just 1 training match, and immediately became a first team regular. Stayed with them for 2 full great seasons got a few goals and a couple of man of the match awards. Won the D1 cup (think thats what its called) in the second season.
At the end of the second season i was called up to the england squad for the world cup, i was on the bench for every game and made an appearance in every game. Im sure i scored on my debut, but not sure, definitely got a couple of goals though and won the world cup. Playing for England is great, the quality is much better, they rarely lose the ball and movement is great.
While winning the world cup with England i accepted an offer from tottenham, and had to start in the reserves again. This time it took about 5 games to get on the bench, but i came on made an instant impact with a couple of assists and man of the match on my debut. It seemed much harder at Totenham as most of the team played crap, but Berbatov seemed to score from every pass i gave him which helped. Anyway i played in every Euro Qualifier for England but this time i was starting every game in amf behind Owen or Defoe, with Rooney out on my right.
When the january tranfer window came along there was an offer from Liverpool, Champions League football, mmmmm yeah go in then. Took a couple of games to get on the bench, but i was brought on as a striker alongside Torres in the second half of a champs league game only to score the winner with my second touch of the game, and was awarded man of the match.
Had a great second half of the season with Liverpool, third in the league until the last few games, the fourth from last game was against top of the league Chelsea, ahead of us by 3 points, Newcastle were 2nd with the same number of points as me but with better goal difference. We managed a 1-1 draw against Chelsea me scoring the equalizer. Newcastle also managed a Draw. We won our next 2 games as did Newcastle, Chelsea lost theirs, meaning Newcastle are top on goal difference with Liverpool second Chelsea in third.
So one League game left, but before that is the Champions League final against, none other than Chelsea. Chelsea who by the way signed Ronaldo and Rooney from Manu very early in the game. We got the first goal they equalised but we got the winner early in the second half, but just managed to hold on for the last 30 mins, they were all over us, but i played the defensive midfield position i was supposed to rather than bombing forward like i usually did, and managed to get man of the match despite not scoring or even getting an assist.
Back to the League, last day of the season, if i win i need Newcastle to draw or lose, if i draw obviously i need them to lose. Liverpool vs Man City, Newcastle vs Blackburn. We get off to a great start and i score the first goal in the first ten minutes we seem to be all over them and it looks like its gonna be an easy game, but finding the back of the net has become impossible, i put Torres though on a few one on ones and he misses a couple and the keeper saves some, i put a great low cross into the six yard box Torres is there, and he skies it. I hit the post, Kuyt hits the bar,its still just 1-0, then around the 80th minute man city equalize, then they just play keep ball and i barely get a touch in the last ten minutes. It finishes 1-1, i go to the other match results screen to see how Newcastle did, it finished 1-1, and i have to settle for second place, gutted!
Im about to start my fourth season, i've accepted an improved contract from Liverpool who are ranked number 4, and rejected a contract from Chelsea who are ranked number 1. Ive set myself the challenge of staying at Liverpool until they are ranked number 1 then i may move on. At the end of this season i think i have the Euro Championships with England if i get the call up.

BALAlbert80e71.gif

clubsstats1c111.jpg

Hi. I have a 5 years career now. I played 1 year at PSG, half a year at Deportivo La Coruna, 1 and a half at FC Barcelona and this is my second year at Manchester United. I'm a first 11 player and the highest payed from the team. Next year the first captains G.Neville and Scholes will retire and I wonder what should I do to become captain ?

I'm quite a good player, I was the assist leader in all the 3 championships I played so far (I'm a SMF playing in the right side)and I was selected the best European Player in the last 2 seasons , but I'm just 21 years old so is there any chance for me to get the armband ?

Last edited:
Hey guys! I´m reading your stories since 1st page. Great stories!

I made a french player called Didierry, he is a CF. After a good first game that finished 1 x 1 with my goal, I received a proposal from Toulouse. I played all my first season there, made 10 goals with 1 hat-trick. My 2nd season was in Renes team. Not so good as Toulouse, I only made 7 goals, but played well, and I received a proposal from Olympic Marceille. Now, I´m playing my 3rd season, as first team player (yes, I put Cisse at the bench!!), but the French Team never calls me. Other thing that I notice is the team that I´m playing always play bad games! The guys runs with the ball and lose, without a pass...

Anyone notice this too??

Well... that´s it! Sorry about my english!

Last edited:
Other thing that I notice is the team that I´m playing always play bad games! The guys runs with the ball and lose, without a pass...

Anyone notice this too??

Yeah, I get that a lot too. I'm always under the impression that the CPU plays great for the AI teams, but is awful with my team. But that changes, some medium teams may play better than other bigger teams.

For example, I had my worst year when I was at Newcastle. They had good players, but they were useless and that knob Martins never passed me the ball.
But I moved to Torino next and they played a lot better as a team. We even got to the Champions League final and I was top scorer :)

So don't worry mate, you find a team that suits you well.

Yeah, I get that a lot too. I'm always under the impression that the CPU plays great for the AI teams, but is awful with my team. But that changes, some medium teams may play better than other bigger teams.

hey Rentboy, you are from Brazil!

Will be cool if PES 2010 has a brazilian league!

Last edited:
hey Rentboy, you are from Brazil!

Will be cool if PES 2010 has a brazilian league!

Too right, mate. Would be great with a brazilian, argentinian and other south american leagues. And in the ML, Masters Cup would be 'Copa Sul Americana' and European Championship could turn into 'Copa Libertadores'. At the end of the season, the winner of Libertadores should play the winner of the Champions League. It all makes sense, but I doubt it :(

Started my 5th season with Real Betis. Got a decent team and we won the league twice along with the champions league 3 times in a row. Seem to have a love affair with the champions league. Been trying to move clubs for about 2 seasons with no luck yet, only big club thats come in for me was Real Madrid and I dislike them :P

Anyway 6 games into league, won 5 drawn 1 lost 0. 2nd behind barca who always seem to start off on fire and then fail dramatically. I've scored 4 goals and got 2 assists.

AlbertGB53b81.jpg

Week number 16 of my 5th season. I just won the award for the best player in the world. It was about time, after I won the award for the best European player in the last 2 seasons.

Owen Hargreaves seem to be favorite to win the armband next season. I hope this trophy will count and I'll get a chance to.

Last edited:
Ah hardest decision in my Bal career.
As a Gooner, I was waiting on Arsenal but they never came.
So, after winning the CL and LC with Fulham i had offers from:
Rovers, Boro, Osasuna, Spuds, Chavs and Fulham off course.
After a long thinking period i chose Chelsea above Fulham.

I to have a very hard decision to make, im currently playing at Liverpool, dream club, second season here now, was world Player of the Season, and European Player of the Season. But im playing a DMF role, and i look forward to playing for England as im given the ATM position. I cant decide whether i should move at the end of the season, to seek the attacking goalscoring football i was enjoying at the earlier stages of my career, ahwell plenty of time left to deside!!

Someone help me make a decision!! :BLINK:

I just completed my first season, at Toulouse FC. We finished 11th, so there is no european football. However, I am a starter. I had already decided to stay with them, but being a glory hunter (:D), I hesitated when I received an offer from PSG. They were first in the league cup and the league. So there is european football for me. However, I think I will have to start from the bottom (training matches) again.

What should I do?!? :CRY:

Anyway, great forum. :D

Someone help me make a decision!! :BLINK:

I just completed my first season, at Toulouse FC. We finished 11th, so there is no european football. However, I am a starter. I had already decided to stay with them, but being a glory hunter (:D), I hesitated when I received an offer from PSG. They were first in the league cup and the league. So there is european football for me. However, I think I will have to start from the bottom (training matches) again.

What should I do?!? :CRY:

Anyway, great forum. :D

Take the move. European football will help your stats improve. Yea you will have to fight for your place but several good performances and you should have your place locked down.

Take the move. European football will help your stats improve. Yea you will have to fight for your place but several good performances and you should have your place locked down.

Oh, the big matches will improve your stats? Or is it only because there are more games?

Thanks anyway, chose PSG, and made the bench after 5 training matches. PSG are on a 6 match unbeaten run (5W1D), so i think i'll be able to add a league B medal to my trophy room very soon. :))

I'm thinking about getting this game just because of the BAL mode. But is it too easy? I saw that someone won the CL with Fulham, what's that all about? :) And how is the transfer system? Are there many unrealistic transfers? Rooney and Ronaldo going to Chelsea seems pretty odd.

I'm thinking about getting this game just because of the BAL mode. But is it too easy? I saw that someone won the CL with Fulham, what's that all about? :) And how is the transfer system? Are there many unrealistic transfers? Rooney and Ronaldo going to Chelsea seems pretty odd.

Well there are difficulty levels to choose from, so it will only be as hard/easy as you choose. But you can have a huge influence on how well your team plays, which is the whole point really. As in real life a brillian player can drag an average team by the scruff of the neck and take them to cup glory.

There are strange transfers, but only in terms of the present day. Most people now are many years into their careers now, and players get old, new players come along. for example on mine David Villa has moved to Fulham, but on my game now Fulham would be considered a top 5 team, and Villa is passed his prime.

So basically the tranfers are realistic as nobody knows what is going to happen in football terms 8 years down the line.

Well there are difficulty levels to choose from, so it will only be as hard/easy as you choose. But you can have a huge influence on how well your team plays, which is the whole point really. As in real life a brillian player can drag an average team by the scruff of the neck and take them to cup glory.

There are strange transfers, but only in terms of the present day. Most people now are many years into their careers now, and players get old, new players come along. for example on mine David Villa has moved to Fulham, but on my game now Fulham would be considered a top 5 team, and Villa is passed his prime.

So basically the tranfers are realistic as nobody knows what is going to happen in football terms 8 years down the line.

I see. Thanks for your response. May go get this game next week.

Oh, the big matches will improve your stats? Or is it only because there are more games?

Thanks anyway, chose PSG, and made the bench after 5 training matches. PSG are on a 6 match unbeaten run (5W1D), so i think i'll be able to add a league B medal to my trophy room very soon. :))

Both actually. You will get more match exp points (the red bar) for playing big matches in europe and playing well in those games. Also you get the exp points for simply playing the extra game.

If you compared two BAL players, one who plays regularly in europe and the other who doesn't. There would be quite a diference in stats.

Which is why I've just moved my player from Betis who were regularly in europe to Portsmouth...who aren't :BLINK: DoH:CONF:
Only staying for one season, I want to play for Man utd or Arsenal and they never bid for me while I was at Betis in Spain. So I moved to Pompy to be in England so more english clubs bid for me. Anyway Pompy are now 2nd with me in the team:APPLAUD:

Like the other guy said it's as easy as you make it. The transfers can be unrealistic. I think the transfer activity is more frequent in the league you're playing in. There's not much loyalty put into this game mode lol

Overall the mode has alot of quality in it. Although it can frustrate you at times, there's enough good about it to keep you hooked.

Friggin Man utd :(

I spent 5 years at Betis, moved to pompy to get interest from big english clubs like man utd. Plan works great as man utd bid for me half way thru season with pompy. I go, we win the treble. I score 30 goals in half a season for them and I'm assist leader. What ya know end of season they don't want me :( don't offer me a god damn contract.

So I'm at Inter now. Screw you man u!

Ah I must respond to this one. As it is that my Fulham won the PL,LC and CL (PL1st season with them and LC + CL the 2nd:OOOH:)
The team was cr*p.Utterly, cr*p.It still surprised me that we were able to every club of Europe Elite. Considering the team was almost the same at the start of '08.
But, itsn't realistic. (Good for me though:APPLAUD:)

I wouldn't say unrealistic. It becomes weird If you choose the option High Frequency on transfers, like I did.
In my game, Cristiano Ronaldo is at Inter, Rooney is at Milan, Kaka at Liverpool, etc... Players keep moving all the time. But nowadays don't they?

I read that most of you won titles, but I didn't win anything so far :(
Just individual awards, like Top Scorer, Europe Player of the Year. But my teams never actually win things, and I'm on my 5th year :(

Now I'm about to start my first World Cup with Brazil and hopefully it will be my first glory

Loving BAL mode, totally hooked! On my 6th season as an SS with man u now. Scoring well over 30 goals per season and average ratings of about 7 / 7.5. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get more ticks in the column which shows what ur good at or whatever it is. for example, penalties, one on ones, first touch pass etc. Ive got scoring but nothing else. i'm getting voted world player of year etc but cant get anything in this column ticked! bizarre! :THINK:

Loving BAL mode, totally hooked! On my 6th season as an SS with man u now. Scoring well over 30 goals per season and average ratings of about 7 / 7.5. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get more ticks in the column which shows what ur good at or whatever it is. for example, penalties, one on ones, first touch pass etc. Ive got scoring but nothing else. i'm getting voted world player of year etc but cant get anything in this column ticked! bizarre! :THINK:

I've got 6 ticks, season 6. What difficulty do you play? I'm regular, maybe that makes a difference.

Ive got scoring but nothing else. i'm getting voted world player of year etc but cant get anything in this column ticked! bizarre! :THINK:

It depends on how much you use your player on those given situations. You score lots of goals, so you have 'scoring' ticked. I have ticks on 'scoring' and 'shooting from distance', as I've been scoring lots of goals from outside the box lately. My next should be 1 on 1, as I'm becoming an expert on this!

BTW, lost World Cup with Brazil on the final against Italy :(
But I was top scorer with 8 goals. not bad.

I read that most of you won titles, but I didn't win anything so far
Just individual awards, like Top Scorer, Europe Player of the Year. But my teams never actually win things, and I'm on my 5th year

My teams too, except last season. I won the D1 Cup in french league! :GSCARF:

I´m on final half of my 4th season and no big teams or the nacional team wants me.... but I´ll persist!

I´m still with the Marceile and I´m the top scorer!

Do you guys know the little cartoon that appears when you not playing a game, that in the start of your carrer you are riding a bicycle and then you get a little car and keep improve? Do this thing says something else you are getting older and wins a better salary? I´m at a limo now!

cheers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom