The 'Become A Legend' Discussion Thread

The couch indeed.
Ehem, to answer seriously, because PES has inconsistencies with its rating and the way it evaluates a players performance. I get the impression almost every coach hates m8. Hence, I've been in 8 different clubs already. :p

I'm now 26 years old and only JUST realised that the Spanish League are not even in my BAL. My dream of moving to Real Madrid at my peak has now been completely dashed for this career anyway. Cant believe I didnt realise this before, I wondered why I'd never had an offer from a Spanish outfit.

I have the Premier League, Italian, Dutch and French. Next time I'll make sure the La Liga is in there.

My player though is a joy to play with, 95 for speed, acceleration, shooting accuracy, and shooting technique and a cheeky 90 for shot power. I'm as lethal as Hannibal Lectur in a slaughterhouse.

Now im very jealous of those stats, im almost 25 (playing in the Euros at the end of season) and my stats are nothing like that, i'll be lucky to get a single stat into the 90's. I'm guessing its down to the number of games you play in your first few seasons, when you are improving the most. I played at Wigan so had no European football, wasnt for a few years before i was playing in Europe, about 4-5 i would say.

Hello,new Member here!

Anyway, I have a "become a legend". I just started it yesterday but I have a problem with it. Why does the couch sent me off when I play well?:/

Its usually down to fatigue levels as far as i can tell, the coach knows your a young player and needs some rest =p

Mansourri's St-Etienne won 9 matches in a row. They were top of the table with 27 points, 3 points more than Bordeaux (who were beaten by St-Etienne but won all their other matches).
Then they lost two matches: Mansourri was most impressive player on both occasions...he scored 2 in a 3-2 loss and 3 in a 4-3 loss...the Gareth Bale syndrome ????

Hello all, I decided it would be okay to post this here, I welcome others to do the same with their stories. I had originally placed this in its own thread, but Lami made a good point to put it here in the BAL thread.

Basically it is in blog format by a man named Johnson Peoples - I am still figuring out his personality. I think eventually as Matteo moves along his career, and if he moves to bigger clubs, the quality of the blog will improve. This means I will add highlights, graphics - the works.

But until then...it's very simply - a crappy blog.

Side note: I know in BAL mode, you start at age 17 - well my guy is 23 and married - that's the story I want to work out. It has some resemblance to me as a real person - many facts false (not married), but I do whatever keeps my interest. Also not starting the year off in 2008, but in 207 to justify some of the transfers that have not been made thanks to Konami's lack of an update - basically, I couldn't wait.

Settings are simple:

PES 2009 (PS3)
Top Player Difficulty
25 min Halves
Player Camera Mode

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
The Blog in Which I Couldn't Figure Out a Catchy Name For
Blog #1 -- Introduction
BlogBase1.png

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #2 -- Progress - 2
BlogBase2.png

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #2 -- Progress - 3
BlogBase3.png

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #3 -- Progress - 4
NOTICE: This post has a video posted here (Matteo 1st Goal)

BlogBase4.png

NOTICE: This post has a video posted here (Matteo 1st Goal)

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #4 -- Progress - 5
NOTICE: Transfer Information

TRANSFER NEWS HOURLY - Lam Matteo

• FC Twente have expressed interest in American forward, Lam Matteo. The offer is currently at 280P (PES points), while he is currently at Willem II, making 150P. FC Twente and Willem II are currently 14th and 15th in Eredevisie respectively.

• According to Matteo, he wishes to stay with his current club, Willem II. Matteo is currently playing first team football, but is also splitting time with forward Demouge.

• Update - Heracles Almelo have expressed interest in Lam Matteo as well, offering 350P.

• Update - Lam Matteo has rejected all offers and remain firm in staying loyal to Willem II.

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #6 -- Progress - 7
NOTICE: Status

The 2008 season has reached its half-way stage. Lam Matteo has netted 7 goals for Willem II but is still struggling to find first team football. When he has started, he has been unable to score -which could suggest his status of "super sub" be permanent.

• Negotiations - week 1 - Vitesse, who are 3 spots away from last place, have offered Matteo a very interesting offer of 460P. Matteo has been noted as considering the offer, but might wait to see what else comes his way.

• Negotiations - week 2 - Vitesse have bumped the offer to 500P as a result of two other teams, De Graafschap and RSC Anderlecht getting into the mix. De Graafschap have offered 460P, while RSC Anderlecht offer 480P.

• Negotiations - week 3 - Late into the fold has been NAC Breda, who come over the top and offer 520P to Matteo. NAC Breda's Amoah is the leading goal scorer of the Eredevisie with 17 goals through 20 weeks of play. Matteo has stated this could be an interesting move for him by learning from Amoah, not to mention a skilled midfield led by Brazilian, Edu. Despite the praise, however, Matteo has decided to wait for the final week of negotiations to make a decision.

• Negotiations - week 4 - All team except RSC Anderlecht have removed their offer. Matteo has decided to wait till the end of the season to speak to anymore teams, which means the American will remain at Willem II once more.

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #6 -- Progress - 7

BlogBase6.png

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #8 -- Progress - 8

The 2008-2009 season has concluded, Willem II have finished in 12th place, while Feyenoord have clinched the Eredevisie title. Lam Matteo recorded 9 goals in 28 games played. He also recorded 7 Man of the Match awards and 2 Most Impressive Player awards. He also registered 1 yellow card and 1 red card. At the end of the season, speculation has increased with the possibility of Matteo leaving Willem II for another Eredevisie side, or even possible Premiere League side.

• Negotiations - week 1 - 4 clubs have offered Matteo a contract. First being Willem II, a renewal of his current 350P contract, raised to 490P. NEC Nijmegen have offered 560P, Vitesse offering 520P and finally, Sunderland, from the EPL, offering 540P. Matteo has not rejected any, but stated will wait a bit to see what other clubs arise.

• Negotiations - week 2 - The same 4 clubs have offered, only NEC Nijmegen have not added onto the total. Willem II have made the offer 560P, Vitesse 570P and Sunderland 540P. Matteo has stated he will wait till week 4 to make a decision, unless there is a team that really stands out.

• Negotiations - week 3 - Week 3 brings in newcomer into the trading fold, FC Twente - who are offering 570P. All previous teams except for NEC Nijmegen have reduced the total amount, Willem II 530P, Vitesse 500P and Sunderland 520P. Matteo has stayed firm on his decision to be made in week 4.

• Negotiations - week 4 - Week 4 has resulted in Vitesse removing themselves from the running, while each previous three have added their amount: Willem II 580P, FC Twente 580P and Sunderland 540P. Matteo has changed his mind and has decided to wait till the last week of negotiations to decide, which is in two weeks, unless a team really stands out of course.

• Negotiations - week 5 - A decision has been made as a result of Sunderland and Willem II being the only remaining teams interested. Lam Matteo has officially accepted a renewal contract from Willem II. In a recent interview, he explained his decision: "I am very honored that these teams were interested in me, it was a very interesting negotiation period, but I am glad I can remain at Willem II football club a little longer. While I would love to play in England someday, I do not feel I am completely ready. I would like to remain here and keep playing first-team football, and conquer my goals - which includes leading Willem II to the title."

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #9 -- Progress - 9

The 2010-2011 season has been an absolute disgrace for Lam Matteo and Willem II. So far through 19 games, the team have recorded 10 points. In a recent interview, Matteo, despite playing first team football, has called it a career with Willem II and is seeking a new club for this transfer window. "I have enjoyed my stay, but there is too much going on here and the organization seems to be going backwards. The level of play is embarrasing and I do not wish to take part in the mockery any longer." As for teams that could be interested, there are several Dutch Eredivisie teams, but Matteo has expressed interest in La Liga or even Serie A.

• Negotiations - week 1 - 1 club has shown interest, NEC Nijmegen, offering 640P (current salary at 500P). Currently NEC are 6th in the Dutch Eredivise.

• Negotiations - week 2 - 3 Teams jump into the fold with RSC Anderlecht leading the pack, offering 650P, NEC Nijmegen still at 640P, while newcomers NAC Breda at 590P.

• Negotiations - week 3 - Two of the three teams have dropped interest, leaving RSC Anderlecht - offering 650P as their final offer. As a result, Lam Matteo has agreed on the terms of the contract and will be playing the rest of his football this season in Belgium under manager, Ariel Jacobs.

• Negotiations - week 4 - Matteo has settled in and is aiming to make the bench for RSC Anderlecht. More to come as well as a new webpage for the 640P worth footballer from the United States. "I am very happy about my decision to transfer to Anderlecht - they are an elite team and an elite organization. I feel good things will come and I hope to partake in the goal scoring."

BlogBasenew7.png

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #10 -- Progress - 10

BlogBasenew8.png

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #11 -- Progress - 11
NOTICE: Video

Hello fellow blog readers, I have put together a compilation of all (most) of Lam Matteo goals for Willem II. I hope you enjoy it, please no remarks about my editing skills (or lack there of).

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

rscanderlechtbann.png

Update:

Since the loss to Willem II, RSC Anderlecht have only lost 1 of their 6 games, including a draw to SC Herenveen. Lam Matteo scored his first goal for the club in the 2-2 draw. At the moment, with 5 games left to play, the team is in 3rd place with 58 pts behind Ajax (1st, 67 pts) and AEK Athens (2nd, 60 pts). Anderlecht cannot lose any of the 5 games in order to catch up with the Dutch giants. Their first of the five remaining games is against the 5th place side, PSV Eindhoven - which is the team that knocked Anderlecht out of the League Cup.

Latest results:

vs FC Volendam (A) - W 3-2
vs SC Herenveen (H) - D 2-2
vs Ado Den Haag (A) - W 2-1
vs FC Twente (A) - L 1-3
vs FC Utrecht (H) - W 3-0
vs Sparta Rotterdam (A) - W 3-0

Team leades:

Goals: Kanu, Boussoufa (16)
Assist: Stankevicius (5)

eredivisiebann.png

Top of the table: Ajax are leading the charge with a comfortable margin behind AEK Athens. Ajax have registered 19 wins, 10 draws and 4 losses, while Athens have won 18, drew 6 and 9 losses.

Bottom of the table: The bottom of the table holds three teams in NAC Breda (18th, 31 pts), Willem II (19th, 31 pts) and Ado Den Haag (20th, 30 pts).

Top Scorers: Center forward, Makaay, of Feyenoord leads the league with 30 goals. FC Twente's N'Kufo is closest next to him with 25. Ajax striker, Huntelaar and AZ's striker, Pelle are tied with 24 goals.

Top Assist
: Also from Feyenoord, midfielder Afellay leads the league with 10 assist, but FC Groningen's midfielder Levchenko is catching up with 9.

League Cup: The final is set to take place in Breda, between Ajax and SC Herenveen. Ajax beat PSV Eindhoven 5-4 in the semifinals, while SC Herenveen won over FC Groningen 8-4.

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #12 -- Progress - 12

BlogBasenew9.png

OWN GOAL BLOGGING
Blog #13 -- Progress - 13

One of the most surprising news of the year showcased Lam Matteo not being offered a contract renewal from club RSC Anderlecht. The American striker scored 4 goals in 10 games and was baffled by the club's actions: "I've been blindsided." Out of a job, the 25-year old begins listening to negotiations for what will be a long and grueling summer.

• Negotiations - week 1 - Three clubs are on the list, all from the Dutch Eredivisie: De Graafschap 760P, AEK Athens 760P and NEC Nijmegen 790P. Matteo, while interested, says it is too early to decide and will keep all offers fresh in his mind.

• Negotiations - week 2 - The same teams with slightly different offers in week 2 - not enough of a difference for Matteo consider either.

• Negotiations - week 3 - Things do not seem to be changing as the same 3 teams are offering, this time De Graafschap lowering their amount to 720P and NEC Nijmegen to 720P as well - AEK Athens have upped their offer to 780P. Matteo is starting to consider AEK Athens - who were 3rd place finishers behind his now former team, RSC Anderlecht.

• Negotiations - week 4 - The halfway mark (8 total weeks) sparked one more offer, totalling the teams to 4 - Sparta Rotterdam offering 760P.

• Negotiations - week 5 - Things get interesting as NEC Nijmegen have bumped the offer to 820P, 220P more than Matteo is currently making. In addition to the salary benefits, Matteo would be reunited with Willem II teammate, Boutahar - not to mention Harry Kewell is starting to make a name for himself as a forward there.

• Negotiations - week 6 - Negotiations took a bump for a low as each team lowered their offer - Matteo has been advised to act quick.

• Negotiations - week 7 - Matteo has not hesitated. He has taken the offer from Hull City of the English Premiership. The EPL side came into late on the negotiations as De Graafschap removed their offer. Hull City have offered 790P for Matteo, and he hasa accepted.

BlogBasenewpremcup12.png

Sniff....our boy has grown up
-Johnson Peoples, August 21, 2011

There comes a point in which we must let someone go - but no, I said never because this kid would be big. Well look at him now, America (and World!), he played a full 45-minutes and scored two goals - granted, the other team had 9 players on the field, but that don't mean squat, he still had to run around the defenders and he still had to jump in the air to get his head on the damn ball.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it - this is the new look, it's simple - and I make plenty of money for it because of my affiliation with Lam Matteo's agent, Art Van Der Lay. So look out, 'cause I ain't holding back - 'cause we are going to the top.

Now take a gander at his player card
:

playertrackerpremcupstoke.png

hullcitybanner.png

Striker Lam Matteo will start in this afternoon's clash versus 13th place, Sunderland. The American striker has been declared the starter as a result of his fine two-goal display in last weekend's Premiership Cup victory against Stoke City. Matteo, who has yet to be called up to the USA national team, was a summer signing from RSC Anderlecht.

Keeper Danu Coman remains the starter in front of Boaz Myhill, while midfielder, Boateng, gets the nod in place of Brazilian, Geovanni.

BlogBasenewepl12.png

Forgot his shooting boots
-Johnson Peoples, August 29, 2011

I'd say Matteo choked today, he didn't play terrible - but he didn't play good enough to start next week against Wigan. This was his problem at Anderlecht when he started one game - received a poor rating and was dropped.

I feel for the guy, but his 'choke-ability' comes down to the fact that he hasn't bee passing the ball well and he hasn't been shooting on target. I know he thinks he has the power - but if he would work on some placement, he could really start getting up in the scoring charts.

Oh well, Wigan next week then the second leg of the prem cup should give him plenty of time to recover. I doubt he will be starting against Wigan, but Phill Brown hasn't released any notice that he isn't.

Now take a gander at his player card
:

playertrackerfix3sund.png

i love inter i waited like 3 and half season until they gave me an offer
its my 4th season with them but like i said the midfield simply sucks
but because its my 8th season i can save the team most of the time and for jimmy G why u dont have the spanish league ???

I've only just come across this thread and have loved reading everyones own stories. I'm so addicted to this mode its beyond belief - if only I put this much effort into my own budding football career when I was younger!!
I'm in my 3rd season now, started as a DMF at Wigan after one season was transferred to Newcastle and have been there ever since. As I said before I started off as a very basic DMF given my stats but as the game goes on I'm becoming more of an all round CMF. After a good first season at Wigan where after breaking into the squad a quarter of the season in I managed to get quite a few player of the match or most important player awards. I had a very poor second season (my first at newcastle) think I was trying to get my guy to do too much stuff beyond his stats capabilities, that aside Newcastle still come 5th so at least now in my 3rd season I'm playing european football which is really boosting my stats. This season my game has improved beyond belief I seem a lot faster, stronger and can shoot alot more harder and accurately dispite moderate stats. After 9 weeks I've managed to chip in with 3 goals and 9 assists and 5 player of the match awards. What more will I need to do to get international recognition? Hopefully it wont be too long before I'm in the national squad?

I've only just come across this thread and have loved reading everyones own stories. I'm so addicted to this mode its beyond belief - if only I put this much effort into my own budding football career when I was younger!!
I'm in my 3rd season now, started as a DMF at Wigan after one season was transferred to Newcastle and have been there ever since. As I said before I started off as a very basic DMF given my stats but as the game goes on I'm becoming more of an all round CMF. After a good first season at Wigan where after breaking into the squad a quarter of the season in I managed to get quite a few player of the match or most important player awards. I had a very poor second season (my first at newcastle) think I was [/b]trying to get my guy to do too much stuff beyond his stats capabilities[/b], that aside Newcastle still come 5th so at least now in my 3rd season I'm playing european football which is really boosting my stats. This season my game has improved beyond belief I seem a lot faster, stronger and can shoot alot more harder and accurately dispite moderate stats. After 9 weeks I've managed to chip in with 3 goals and 9 assists and 5 player of the match awards. What more will I need to do to get international recognition? Hopefully it wont be too long before I'm in the national squad?

Great stats so far there. I bolded thate one part because I think that is really the key, playing to your strengths - something I had trouble with and continue do. Sometimes I get so excited that I've received the ball, I will try to dribble around people and shoot from anywhere.

Time to learn to play smart football - just like you.

What more will I need to do to get international recognition? Hopefully it wont be too long before I'm in the national squad?

You should be very close to being called for the National Team, since you've been getting Man of the Match awards and playing the Champions League.

My first cap for Brazil was at the end of my 4th season with Torino, when I had my best performance so far. I play as CF and scored 21 goals that time in the league.

I played in Copa America and it was a total failure. We couldn't make it past the group stage. But even so, I am still playing for Brazil in the qualifiers.

No matter how much competition you have, the game gives you the chance to be there. For example, I've been coming from the bench to play alongside Kaka and even though my stats are modest, I know that some pretty good players are being left out of the team.

Nice post Matt10.

A bit of advicem, try not to post to much on one page. We need to take time to read one story at a time. Just a bit to much to read at once.

Nice contribution to the thread anyways.

I just finished my first with Deportivo Lacrounia. Won the champions league and Spanish league!:D

I got an offer from Real Madrid and just accepted it! I was hoping an offer from Man.Utd!:(

i love this game mode!
to be honest it took me a while to get into it. I'm a CF (started off as an SS) 20 and playing for everton, 4th top goalscorer in league.
But i can't score 1 on 1's!!!! :CURSE:

@ Sppoky You said something in the first pages of the forum about scouting players that have your salary or less. What's the use of it?
Also, does anybody know the mechanism of getting special abilities? I would love the passing star, as well as the middle shooting one ( I am a cmf)
Thanks!!!

alrite lads
loving the posts and reading other peoples adventures on bal, i am totally addicted, just coming toward the end of my 2nd season of the game as a cmf with newcastle united
got a couple of questions,

is the xbox live camera the only way to put ur face in the game?

i am desparate to edit the premiership kits, clubs and badges whats the best way to do it with the in game editing features?

Back
Top Bottom