The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

still worth getting an ipod touch? just considering now, 220-230€ is not that much anymore.

Anyone know if you lose anything, or if anything changes on your iPod if you change it from WIndows to Mac.

Just wait for the 3G iPhone ;)
I don't want a 3G iPhone, battery will be wank and EDGE is doing me perfectly thanks. Just would like to double the memory if it could be done, but I don't think it can without forking out about £200 :((.

You can disable the 3G on the iPhone II, to save battery. It will surely have other new features which will be useful so I say still get that.

If you want the 16GB iPhone I, then buy it, and sell your current one?

Yeah that's gonna be the only legal way to do it. But would mean paying out and I don't wanna do that right now.

You can disable the 3G on the iPhone II, to save battery. It will surely have other new features which will be useful so I say still get that.

If you want the 16GB iPhone I, then buy it, and sell your current one?

We'll have to wait til 6 tonight til we can officially say what iPod 3G can do.

Last edited:

Intriguing. Expecting any big surprises?

To be fair the battery on my one is brilliant. You seriously have to wanker it to drain it completely empty.

This lookgs great, and a great price (for US atleast) I guess UK prices will be bumped up a bit.

Let's see if that tariffs change, or if there is a PAYG.

I doubt there will ever be a PAYG tariff due to the internet access.

Unless they release package where you can purchase so many web minutes or something.

I'd love a PAYG iPhone.

Paying so much for the handset, and then the cheapest tariff at 35 quid a month is just too much for me.

Imagine how much the iPhone would cost with a PAYG tariff though :SHOCK:. It would be about £500! :LOL:

This lookgs great, and a great price (for US atleast) I guess UK prices will be bumped up a bit.

Let's see if that tariffs change, or if there is a PAYG.

Didn't Steve Jobs say that the maximum price of the 3G iPhone around the world would be $200? So I'm expecting it to be £200 and £300 respectively

EDIT: I'm just assuming here (probably wrongly) that by your comment Ash you meant it would be MORE than £200. If you just meant it'll get bumped up from the direct coversion rate price, then ignore me :-pp

Last edited:

Prices out!

PAYG phone rumoured to be £269, no details on tariff/data package.

http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/1_iPhone/Santana/PayMonthly/PayMonthlyTariffs.html

8GB costs £99 on £30, £35. Free on £45 and £75
16GB costs £159 on £30, £35. £59 on £45. Free on £75

Didn't Steve Jobs say that the maximum price of the 3G iPhone around the world would be $200? So I'm expecting it to be £200 and £300 respectively

EDIT: I'm just assuming here (probably wrongly) that by your comment Ash you meant it would be MORE than £200. If you just meant it'll get bumped up from the direct coversion rate price, then ignore me :-pp
Who wouldv'e thought that it would be priced so well!

EDIT: And Tim, what tariff are you on now? They have upgrade deals for current customers, and I know you wanted a 16GB...

I'm hearing though that apparently you have to sign a contract in the actual store with the new iPhones. So its not looking good for me to be able to get one and unlock it (when the ability to do so is available)

yeah, that's a bit of a bummer, but i think this time, i'm actually gonna go with O2.

i currently using mine with my orange contract, but i can only get gprs (unlimted) which ain't too bad...

looking forward to unlimted, er, whatever O2 uses!

yeah, that's a bit of a bummer, but i think this time, i'm actually gonna go with O2.

i currently using mine with my orange contract, but i can only get gprs (unlimted) which ain't too bad...

looking forward to unlimted, er, whatever O2 uses!
Im seriously tempted by this, its not too long until my current contract for the N95 expires.....

And Tim, what tariff are you on now? They have upgrade deals for current customers, and I know you wanted a 16GB...
£45 a month, and I have an 8GB iPhone which cost me £270.

They had better offer me a fucking good upgrade deal.

£45 a month, and I have an 8GB iPhone which cost me £270.

They had better offer me a fucking good upgrade deal.

You can get the 8GB for free, or the 16GB (which comes in black and white colours ;)))for £59.

And then just sell your iPhone 1G on eBay, you will more than enough to cover for getting the 16GB.

Only downside is you sign a new 18 month contract.

Btw, O2 use 3G if you can get it in your area, if not EDGE, if you can get that as well :-pp

So, that's not actually an upgrade then is it, I would have to buy a whole new iPhone and new contract, paying at least £35 a month for 18 months?

I too am considering actually going with the £35 a month O2 iPhone contract. But its only 500 texts which puts me off majorly, when the O2 simplicity contract is £30 and has unlimited texts and internet.

Guess I'll just wait and see what happens when the next iPhone comes out and if there is any way of actually getting it without signing a contract, fingers crossed!

I too am considering actually going with the £35 a month O2 iPhone contract. But its only 500 texts which puts me off majorly, when the O2 simplicity contract is £30 and has unlimited texts and internet.

Guess I'll just wait and see what happens when the next iPhone comes out and if there is any way of actually getting it without signing a contract, fingers crossed!
Id prefer to have unlimited Internet usage too Flawl3ss. I currently have to pay for it on my N95 Contract.

So, that's not actually an upgrade then is it, I would have to buy a whole new iPhone and new contract, paying at least £35 a month for 18 months?

Eh? Isn't it the same with all contracts?

Your deal runs out. Your then on a month to month contract with the option to cancel anytime or the option to upgrade your phone and go back onto a fixed contract, whether it be 12 or 18 months, correct no?

So O2 are offering you an upgrade for free, months before you'd normally be able to do so? Surely thats pretty damn good?

No because then I would be paying my current £45 a month, PLUS the new £35 a month, that's £80 a month?!

No because my current contract has still got 12 months left!!! Maybe I've got it wrong, but this is how I see it:

I have an 8GB iPhone with a £45 a month contract that has 12 months left on it

To upgrade to a 16GB iPhone I would pay £59 up front AND have to sign a NEW contract, being at least £35 a month.

I could sell my 8GB iPhone, but would still be left with 2 contracts, my original £45 a month that has 12 months left, and the new £35 a month with 18 months left.

Back
Top Bottom