The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

Thats exactly what I don't want to do.

If I sort by album, then the library looks messed up cause youve got artists all over the place.

It's stuff like this that makes me hate iTunes.

Mine is sorted by Album name and is all in perfect working order!

mine too!

matherto - i'm not sure what you're looking for is possible!

how can you expect to have your albums listed together and sorted into any kind of order if you insist on sorting by artist? compilation albums, by their very nature, are composed by various artists, so if you insist on listing your mp3s in alphabetical order by artist, then you pretty much loose any control over the albums order...

maybe if you click on the first option out of the 3 different 'layouts' possible, you can sort by artist and then have them all in a straight line, with no album breaks at all... i think that's about as best you'll get, but you won't have album artwork on display...

Well, it should go off the Album it is, but be grouped as Various Artists, otherwise having an 'Album Artist' in the info is completely pointless, and its ludicrous that you can't sort by artist and have a compilation showing as Various Artists without having to change your artists names on each individual song.

if all you want to do is list the 'actual' artist as 'Various Artists', then just highlight all the songs in the album and right-click, 'get info' and change the 'artist' field to 'Various Artists'

plus, i'm pretty sure the whole (sole) point of the 'album artist' tag, is only if you have 2 albums with the same name, but by two different artists. otherwise, for people like me and Tim7, it would piss us off cos we'd have one album showing in itunes, but it would list every artist who the album referred to in a jumbled mess and show up as one solitary album!

in fact, we would suffer the exact opposite problem as you! that's why you need to sort by album...

Using Xmas/birthday money I bought the official apple cable to plug into the iPhone one end and composite AV connectors the other end. I have lately been using it and its absolutely brilliant :)). Picture quality on the TV is awesome, sound is awesome too. Its like having a mobile DVD player! The last couple of nights ive watched CSI Miami in bed, on the tele in my room, playing from my iPhone.

Bloody brilliant :)).

On a shitter note, itunes keeps making my pc freeze up. I'm getting sick of restarting the fucking thing.

You wont even know how to switch it on

You have still got one of these.

WalkmanTPS-L2.jpg

Thats what you have ordered aint it?

thats not a Ipod Touch mate, anyhow were all here to help when you get it. That thing with the 3 prongs is called a plug and you have to use that to charge it up.

im only a PM away if you wanna know how to turn the volume up or anything

Shows how much you know dont it you dont get a plug.

Last edited:

iPhone is being dropped to £169 tomorrow.

Nice! Means 3G version soon!

I might pick one up... not too sure, as I already have the iPod Touch in 16GB, and have used most of it up already.

You're fucking joking me :MAD:. Ah well, I have got my fair share of usage out of it since I've had it :)).

I wonder, is it possible to upgrade my 8GB iPhone to a 16GB one? I know it would cost a fair bit I guess, but is it possible?

I still haven't found out the answer to that above question by the way :LOL:.

Last week I bought the iMonster cassette adapter so I can listen to my iPhone in my van. It's bloody brilliant :DD Sound quality is really really good. I thought it would be all crackly and poor, but it's even better than listening to a CD in your car, plus it will never skip/jump! The other great thing is that as it's my iPhone, I will always have it with me, so will always have all my music with me :DD. It's great being able to say right, I want to listen to all of one certain artist, or I want this album on, or right, shuffle everything I've got. It's just brilliant :)).

Well, I'd like to do it officially, so yeah, officially, or not at all. Don't think it's a possibility though is it?

Back
Top Bottom