The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

But it's just so easy.
e.g. Say you have a 4GB Nano, and your music collection is 30GB.
iTunes can add the music most played/highest rated/random with a few mouse clicks. If you drag and drop you have to make so many folders etc. And you have to delete songs manually etc.

Yeah but I like the fact I can delete from the player manually if I want too. with the ipod you cant actually delete stuff from the player without connecting it to your PC.

Mmm... but what is wrong with deleting it when you get home on the PC?

Or, what I would do is just give it a 1* rating when out, and come home. Synch, then display in order of ranking, and just unselect the 1* rated ones :)

But has it been released?

They don't want to release it until the SDK is out in February.

Do people convert videos for there ipods or just download them as mp4? I found a pretty good site with mp4 downloads but there aren't really that many on there..

Re: Iphone clones

whilst i do enjoy my iphone, the only reason i'm keeping it is cos i've only had it for a couple of months...

it's nowhere near the best phone/device i have owned - that honour easily goes to my SPV C600 or my SPV M3100.

i never listen to music on it - for a start, my £200 ultimate ears' headphones don't work in the bloody socket, so i just use either my laptop or my nano for listening to music.

i never watch movies, although i like the thought of just handing it to my son to watch one when i'm in the car (and i don't have my laptop with me)

i think it has a lot of potential though - that's probaby the reason i'm sticking with it...

oh, and texting is a complete pain in the arse!

iTunes is shite.

And far more complicated than they advertise.

Say one track in an album has an extra space or something, then it'll appear as a seperate album, and you have to search for that fucking space otherwise it'll never be the same. Apple = cunts.

What?? iTunes is by far the simplest and most organized music program I have used. I'm a neat freak so all my albums have covers, correct genre, year and even adjusted sound volumes for certain songs that may be louder than the rest.

Same here Milanista, I went through it and tidied it up on a quiet day at work, gave me such pleasure making it all neat and ship shape :)).

I think I have mild OCD...

What?? iTunes is by far the simplest and most organized music program I have used. I'm a neat freak so all my albums have covers, correct genre, year and even adjusted sound volumes for certain songs that may be louder than the rest.

Haha I'm the same. I HATE having albums without artwork it drives me mental!

too many neat freaks here.. :r1

i just need them to be in alphabetical order and am good 2 go :)

I also hate that you can't have a compilation album, like for instance, NME Various Artists all together without having to rename the artists for each song to 'NME' or 'Various Artists'. If you don't then you get 20 different NME Album Arts showing because it won't group them together.

It's just shit!

the thing that annoys me is not being able to delete songs from the device without plugging it to a PC and del via iTunes!

It does work matherto, I've got the Best of Radio 1 Live Lounge all done properly, and a dance album compilation on there. I think you have to put the album name in Album Artist, or something like that. I'll check for you mate and post a screenie :)).

Right, this is what it looks like when you select all songs and right click then go to "get info":

wholealbum.jpg

And this is what it looks like when you click on an individual track in the album and right click and select "get info":

individsong.jpg

Yeah, don't really think that matters. Don't know what it does anyway! :SS

When you tick the box, it makes many artists within the same album 1 whole album with 1 cover art:
picture1kp6.png

I've got that already and mines not ticked, so I really don't know what it does?

Here's proof it doesnt work

You can't have your various artists albums together without selecting the album tag, which then means youve got your albums all over the place.

1.jpg

These Burnout songs have the compilation box ticked aswell.

Look at the Album Artist and make sure it says Various Artists

Back
Top Bottom