Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gnairn we also have keane postiga and zamora now :mrgreen:

loz the game was on eurosport btw

monkeys i think u had a few too many john smiths and a bit too much sun after reading ur report ;) only joking, personally i would have said acimovic and ricketts did well (a lot of nice touches but how effective was it) but i dont think id go as far praising them as much as you. I thought kezman did well enough, certainly caused us troubles at the back but thats just my interpretation of the game (and to be fair u do see a lot more of what goes on at the game).

personally from what i saw it was the same old problem, the midfield passed it around nicely but they failed to protect the defence, they failed to support the attacks and they didnt control the game at all to be honest. I wouldnt have gone as far to say postiga looked awful cus he do show some nice touches and stuff but him and keane were basically trying to latch onto 30-40 yard passes for most of the game. Personally i felt it was only really untill poyet came on that we manged to get decent possesion of the ball around their box.

dont listen to these zamora lovin fools, youv got to go for postiga in ur dream team. Theres a chance he might not settle but theres also a brilliant chance he may score 15-20 goals.

cheers for the info faiers but i aint even got eurosport :(

i reckon it'll be kanoute and keano up front for the most part now with the other two playing bit parts.

you can always get urself down the pub

iv mastered the art of making a small coke last a whole game while im at uni. :mrgreen:

faiers said:
you can always get urself down the pub

iv mastered the art of making a small coke last a whole game while im at uni. :mrgreen:

yeah, been there. but i was at the cricket on sunday, so i didnt have mch chance of seein it, cheers for the tips tho :D

monkeys i think u had a few too many john smiths and a bit too much sun after reading ur report
Yeah your right there i was a bit smashed by full time :mrgreen: .
personally i would have said acimovic and ricketts did well (a lot of nice touches but how effective was it) but i dont think id go as far praising them as much as you
We'll i had the priverlage to watching all his movement off the ball aswell wich was top draw. it got to a point were he (ricketts) was the only boy in a Spurs shirt trying to get us back in the game.

Asillymiss played really well. He lost some confidence after THAT miss against Fulham and looked for the first time that he has settled. i reckon he should play on the wing though coz hes to light waight for the centre.
personally from what i saw it was the same old problem, the midfield passed it around nicely but they failed to protect the defence,

i feel the Defence would of looked m,ore solid with Ritchards and King there anyway. Gardener did good but our defence always will be second rate without old Ritchie.

I wouldnt have gone as far to say postiga looked awful cus he do show some nice touches and stuff but him and keane were basically trying to latch onto 30-40 yard passes for most of the game.
Postiga was not on the form he showed in the other pre Season matches and that was mainly to do with the fact he had to do alot of ball chasing. but it was a bad day in the office for him he had a chance to atleast hit the target but he dicided to try and send the ball into Piccadilly.

All in all its a Friendly game and i would rather take the Posatives from it than the Negatives. i think people forget this team was full streangth and alot of the world beaters would be given a tough match.

the impotant thing is we weren't out classed as every1 said we pass exerlently and if for a bit more drive (which we seemed to show right at the end) we could ov got a result.

"West Ham is a bigger club, stature-wise, than Tottenham. Obviously relegation has put us in different divisions but West Ham are massive and everyone knows that - one of the biggest clubs in London.

this litte quote came from the Boy they call Matty the "headless chicken" Etherington. now i admit when he first came iwas lookin foward to his pace and skill but over the years he has become more of a fukin headache.

Now this is the lad who Demanded first team footie-he was 20 and umproven and he demanded this :x

Then he played but did it badley (too many times he tried to beat players only to lose the ball and give away possession.

the final nail in the coffin though was the Blackburn game after the worst game i have seen at WHL in years the boy tell us to fuk off after after we wernt happy with the sh'ite dissplay we got.

good fukin ridence to the tw-at. and buy sayin West ham are bigger than spurs is the biggest joke of all

Spurs = Premiership side well respected around the wourld and have had some of the best players to grace the English league over the years.

West Ham = First division side..........................Bobby moore.

dont get me wrong i like west ham but to say they are bigger than spurs is like sayin Dogsh'ite tastes better than a bacon sandwich

monkeys i did say "u do see a lot more of what goes on at the game" ;)

with ricketts and acimovic i do admit they showed nice touches and were trying to make stuff happen but my only qualm (from what i saw on tv atleast) was that it wasnt being particularly effective and was usually ending up with a ball over the top rather than giving posti and keane something they could use properly. With acimovic i reckon he can be a good squad player and agree that hes probably more effective on the wing but personally if we want to be a top six side i feel we need better players for the first choice 11.

Yeah are defence is blatantly richards (i still cant beleive how badly we struggle when he isnt fit), hopefully king and gardner can come a bit more self reliant but did u not feel that the space between the midfield and defence was far too big at times. I was moaning about the midfield cus i felt on too many occasions players were allowed to run at the defence without being pressed by the midfield at all really. Guess that should be expected without a proper dm though.

with postiga you could say its the first time hes had to come against a decent defence but imo its a bit harsh saying he had a bad game when it looked as if he had f all to work with. Considering u were at the game ill give u the benefit of the doubt though mate :mrgreen:

knowing our luck etherington will probably end up becoming the best left winger ever now or something :x

he was a little c*nt but he got into great positions down the wing and was a great option when breaking its just his crossing was so dire.

haha loz i cant beleive u went to the blackburn game, that must have been awful, worst iv seen was losing 3 nil to shef wednesday at home or cup q final last year :( . u two guys got any tickets in for the new season yet ? iv got leeds and fulham but none of the away games.

blackburn, when did i say that?

got no tickets yet as i'm gona be well busy with me new job from sept, maybe's in the new year tho

sorry, it was monkeys who said he went to the game :oops:

Tottenham have admitted their concern over Frederic Kanoute breaking down in training but have labelled his latest injury as "slight".

He! He! It's only the start :mrgreen:

Dazza. said:
Tottenham have admitted their concern over Frederic Kanoute breaking down in training but have labelled his latest injury as "slight".

He! He! It's only the start :mrgreen:

FLMBO!!!!!

spurtz are funny, kanoute is always feckin injured but then again they did say he was the new Les lol!!

maybe he should ask hoodle what he did wrong in a previous life ;)

faiers said:
i aint looking forward to that lisbon game :(

Why not? I am... but i hope Postiga dosent play... he scored Twice last year against us :twisted:

And the game isint in Lisbon... its in England.. isin't it Spurs presentation?

cus if u hammered man u god knows what the score will be against us, thats why :(

yeah the game is in england but im not sure what u mean by a spurs presentation. I thought it was just a normal friendly, if there is something special about the game i havnt heard about it.

i hope we win but i reckon ur lot will just edge it 2-1 or something in the end.

when does the portugese season start btw ?

btw when i said the lisbon game i was talking about 'sporting' as a team, not the place cus there generally known as sporting lisbon over here. :oops:

Well... I hope we win, of course but i think it will be a very dificult match to both teams.

I don't know if you have this in England, but here in Portugal, all teams have a match where they present the team for the next season to fans.

(Ours was against Man U). But is basicly a normal friendly.

Lol, i know that in the rest of the world Sporting name is Sporting Lisbon, but our real name is Sporting Clube de Portugal (Sporting Club of Portugal)

I heard that Spurs got a lot of great players this year, but that the team isin't playing very well... is it true?

Once again, im scared from Postiga... :l

nah we dont really have those srots of presentation games over here, wev got like 8 players injured so we probably couldnt present our first team even if we wanted too :( .

yeah i did know ur proper name was 'sporting', i just know it gets on the t*ts off the italians if u call them inter milan and ac milan rather than inter and milan so i didnt wanta be disrespectful or anything.

well wev signed a lot off forwards but our midfield is pretty shocking and to be honest will continue to be shocking untill we sign one or two more players to strengthen it. Theres talk of us getting van bommel but i cant see it happening myself, if we do get a decent defensive midfielder we should be able to push for a place in the top 6 though. We should be alright in the premiership this year but against decent european teams like psv and sporting i feel were gonna struggle more often that not with our current team unfortunatly.

Im sure postiga is scary when he gets the service but i cant see him getting a great deal of it on sunday =(

should be an interesting game anyway

Apparently hoddle is lookin at some midfielder from DC Washington?

i watched the charity match at the lane and dont remember seeing any1 that caught my eye, but that might be cos i was so shocked at how 'big' Waddle had got :shock:

Rebrov is back in the headlines again!

Despite being at Fenerbache, he now wants to get outta turkey, sue to the fact he's on the bench there all the time. forest agreed to take him but could only afford £4,000 per week, which is too low, so he will stay in turkey for now :roll:

Well we didnt do as bad as united, drawing 0-0 with Sporting :D

Hoddle has also revealed Jamie Redknapp will be captain this season, lets hope he stays clear of injuries.

Hello again every1

yesterday was a good game and we played well against a strong Lisbon side. Postiga was much better and Keano looked first class. Ricketts again played Quality and i hope he is given a few matches out there this season. infact i could see him take davies place for midfield if davies carrys in like he did yeasterday.

all in all the first half was spurs stronger we made much more of our creatuve play. Carr was the best ive seen him for a long time and Zamora again showed even against quality Defence he is a intellagent and quick minded player.

faiers

monkeys i did say "u do see a lot more of what goes on at the game"

wernt attackin ya mate ;)

if we get some steal in midfeild and keep our best back three fit i can say we may do better than people expect.

Two_blindmonkeys said:
GLENN HODDLE hopes to complete the signing of United States international Bobby Convey. Tottenham are confident they can obtain a work permit for the 20-year-old midfielder, who will cost about £500,000 from Washington club DC United.

Who :?:

yeah taht's the fella, where'd ya get that from TBM?

Rob Burch
1. Neil Sullivan
13. Kasey Keller
33. Lars Hirschfeld
Defenders
Stephen Kelly
2. Stephen Carr
3. Mauricio Taricco
5. Goran Bunjevcevic
6. Chris Perry
12. Gary Doherty
23. Christian Ziege
26. Ledley King
30. Anthony Gardner
36. Dean Richards
Midfielders
Dean Marney
4. Kazuyuki Toda
15. Jamie Redknapp
20. Jonathan Blondel
27. Rohan Ricketts
Attacking Midfielders
7. Darren Anderton
14. Gustavo Poyet
18. Milenko Acimovic
29. Simon Davies
Strikers
Jamie Slabber
8. Helder Postiga
9. Frederic Kanoute
10. Robbie Keane
25. Bobby Zamora

just thought i'd post the spurs squad list for the new season, kanoute no 9 :shock:

Spurs set to sign Convey
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

BOBBY CONVEY is ready for a £750,000 move across the Atlantic to shore up Tottenham's left-flank.

The DC United midfielder will complete his move to White Hart Lane as soon as he gains a work permit.

well looks like we got Convey. Left sided? i guess hell be a replacement for Etherington.

i was sure he was a defensive midfielder. well we needed someone to cover ethers anyways i guess.

what about Jonnie Jackson he can play on the left?

i guess we will have the same weak midfeild by the time we go to birmingham

Rednapp
Davies
Ricketts?

i hope Ricky gets his chance in the prem against the Brummies coz for me he has been the stand out player through out the Pre season.

Mabizela switch close
12 Aug 2003 16:38

Terms have been agreed for the transfer of Mbulelo Mabizela to Spurs and the South African international captain now awaits the outcome of his work permit application.

Agreement has been reached with Orlando Pirates and the defender, who returned with the squad from the recent tour of his homeland. OldJohn, as he likes to be called, featured in the pre-season encounters against Luton Town and Sporting Lisbon.

Glenn Hoddle said of the 22-year-old on Sunday: "He did himself a lot of good. For a young boy to come over here and just pick the reins up as he has is not easy, but he's done it with some aplomb."

We've got him now he had a good match against Lisbon so lets hope he can stay fit and make a good partnership with King and Richie.

08/12/2003. Tottenham have been linked with a move for Perugia's Brazilian international Ze Maria.

The right-wing-back was reportedly heading for Roma to replace Brazilian team-mate Cafu, who joined AC Milan earlier this summer.

However, speculation has since cooled about a move to the Italian capital.

Tottenham are reporedly sending scouts to watch the 30-year-old play again in tonight's Intertoto Cup final against Wolfsburg.

If there is a genuine interest from Glenn Hoddle in the player it would raise doubts over the future of Stephen Carr, who was linked with Newcastle earlier this summer.

Another Defender??? :x

why are we not being linked with Midfeilders. me thinks Hoddle has one more card up his sleave ;)

everything's been agreed with convey we just gotta wait for the work permit now, lets hope they can get it in time for the transfer window.

Back
Top Bottom