Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with loz that he gets far too much stick. I hate the way people demand he should be dropped for youngsters who theyv never seen aswell. Although if we are to seriously establish ourselves as a top 6 side then this should really be his last season to be honest. In hoddles first season he was absolutly blinding imo though and was no worse than anyone else last season to be honest.

I could never really see it happening but its a shame about that diego. If we had managed to swipe him and a decent dm, if hod got the lads playing well we could have maybe challenged for the champions league places. Oh well, i guess well have to live with mid table for a bit longer
:( .

freckin injuries though. If hoddle does get sacked at the end of the season it will be a real shame cus he will have never really had a decent chance to play his full strength side. Have to prey they clear up soon and hod can get the boys playing again like he did in his first few months with us.

dazza u need to hope the likes of zeige, anderton and maybe keane stay fit otherwise postiga aint gonna be seeing anything that resembles decent service.

the beginning of last season we were a top six side then, but then xmas and the lack of depth took it's toll on our squad.

we had no1 that could compete with davies for his place, and keep him on his toes and we really tailed off, lets hope we pick it up in the next game as i fear if we dont get a win under our belts soon the board might get itchy on that trigger finger.

im not so sure mate, i felt we were riding our luck a fair bit at the begining of last season. Personally i dont think that form was a patch on how we were playing just before xmas the season before.

Considering how the board have backed him i cant see hoddle going before the end of the season unless were risking relegation myself.

Imo cus we havnt replaced freund i cant see us doing a lot this season. Do you still reckon we will get someone in or not loz ?

i dont really know if we will get someone in, it's gone a bit quiet recently hasnt it.

we really need someone that can put their foot in, i hate to say it but some1 like vinnie jones would be perfect. we need someone with a LOT of passion and drive. someone that will push the whole team on when the chips are down, lets hope we get em in soon tho.

im not so sure mate, i felt we were riding our luck a fair bit at the begining of last season. Personally i dont think that form was a patch on how we were playing just before xmas the season before.

Totally agree we played shite in some games and got the points-thats not somthin we spurs fans are use to.

Jon Brodkin
Thursday August 21, 2003
The Guardian

Robbie Keane is expected to be sidelined for two or three weeks because of an ankle injury, forcing him out of at least three Tottenham matches and making him a serious doubt for the Republic of Ireland's game with Russia on September 6.
A scan on his right ankle showed that the ligament damage he sustained against Australia was not as bad as feared, but the forward will almost certainly miss the league matches against Leeds, Liverpool and Fulham.

Freddie Kanouté and Bobby Zamora have improved, however, and could face Leeds on Saturday. Kanouté is back in full training, as is Darren Anderton, and, with Dean Richards and Ledley King coming through a reserve match, Spurs' injury problems appear to be easing.

not as bad as first thought so he may return in 3 weeks though i reckon thats for full training it may be another week or 2 till he is back in the squad. and who knows Zamora and postiga may be the best strikin partnership eva(ok boy chill :mrgreen: )

Shame bout Diego but i knew it was Bollox

Ricketts is the man keep him in.
we have Boldwich and Jackson who can play Def mid why dont we try them.

in this day and age its bollox to rely on Experience alone. Young players are gettin better every year and are being trained to play a more Technical game. if there good enough their old enough end of story.

im goin to the mighty lane on sat to watch the game have your questions for me when i return.

Peace :salute:

yeah i agree with ya the TBM, we need to get these youngsters in earlier or they're all gonna go the way of Rory Allen, Alton Thelwell, etc, the more experience they get when they're are younger the more likely they're are gonna be to progress ino good first team players.

I'm goin to Reading for the weekend buti'm sure the rest of the Spurs fans will interogate ya adequately. Lets hope for a win, to get us goin eh.

Well im off to the mighty lane in a mo just though id put in my thoughts.

Bit worried bout today which aint a good thing but theres one thing bothering me........Pennant :l .

Now this kid looks quite good and if spurs are asleep will run us raggid plus smith looks on form so hopefully Ritchie and Ledders will be back and to there very best.

Zamora is expected to start with Postiga with Kanoute maby on the bentch(still would rather have Keane)

i feel if we play our Footie and Close them down we can win this with both Zamora and Postiga Scoring. this match is like a derby to be at we hate each other so it should bring the players up a few pegs in the comitment department.

if its a bad day at the office we will lose this game i have no question.

My heart says: Spurs 2 - 1 Leeds

My head says: Spurs 1 - 1 Leeds

A point will be frowned upon but if we play well we will win no probs :mrgreen:

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taricco MOTM, wtf?

TBM how did we do, play well i havent had a chance to c the goals yet, but heard Kanoute scored a beaut

Daisuk, can ya remove the image from ya sig? thanks kindly.

Tarricos goal was 25 yard scorcher, I didnt see it but my parents told me, Im a season ticket holder but like you was at Reading Festival. Ricketts has been praised in every match report Ive read.
We totally dominated accoriding to everyone Ive spoking to as well, Smiths goal was extremely soft, and In the second half Leeds had no chance it sounded like.

Sorry ive just got back from a great weekend of footie and carnival action.

Spurs were the best ive seen them in a long time (Beatin Chelsea 5-1)

we ran every department and Ricky was explosive in the Midfield he is our midfeild dinamo that the fans have been lookin for he runs the show and never gives up a real star.

Rednapp was our best player by a mile his passing and movement was great and hopefully a whole season of that will see us beating the best.

Tano was Great but only because he is so sh'ite in all the other games.

Hoddle's boyz looked sharp in every department and i may not say this again so here it goes - WE RAN THE MIDFEILD :shock:

all in all if we play like this for the rest of the season( :l )we will easily make top 6 no question. but we are spurs so i will not say to much now.

on to liverpool

Heart says: Liverpool 1-1 Spurs

Head says: Liverpool 1-0 Spurs

i only say that because you now liverpool somehow rase there game against us

i want Postiga to get goal number one but i dont realy care who does as long as its another good perfomance and at least a point from the scouse scum

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!! :D

should be a good game tonite tho, both managers are under a bit of pressure.

Hoddle revealed today that he's been after Petit, but hasnt been able to prise him away from the bridge, which, tbh, i'm quite glad of as he is just another ageing player as far as i'm concerned.

Diego deal is also still in the pipeline and we are after another goalie, but cannae remember his name.

Ricketts really is developing into quite a player, the gooners must be kicking themselves for letting this lad leave :D

not a bad result, sounded like our d was well solid, and postiga didnt seem up to much, hope they got highlights on tv tonite.

hoddle has finally got Konchensky in, only on a one month loan, with chris perry goin to charlton, but i hope he can make this a permanent deal and provide us with a lot more depth in wide areas.

loz said:
hoddle has finally got Konchensky in, only on a one month loan, with chris perry goin to charlton, but i hope he can make this a permanent deal and provide us with a lot more depth in wide areas.

Thats good to here because he's in my dream team & i thought he would just rot away as he's falling out with Charlton but not to sure if Hoddle will be there to enjoy his services if results like the Fulham game keep happening ;)

Sobering news for Spurs fans

As if another slow start to the season and being managed by Glenn Hoddle isn't enough pain for Tottenham Hotspur fans, police have enforced an anti-social drinking ban around the stadium at White Hart Lane. This means that any open can or bottle believe to contain alcohol can be seized and disposed of by police. Refusal to comply can result in arrest. How are you supposed to follow Spurs without being three sheets to the wind is beyond the Parrot.

2546768646.jpg

so lads, chelsea away next week. londons second biggest derby. how do u think well fair ?

my head says: its shtonking time

my heart says: were gonna pull a great perfromance and result out the hat against a chelsea side lacking spirit and failing to play as a team.

i really dont know what to expect but it will probably be a chelsea win by one or two but well put in a half decent performance.

btw who else had the torment of going to the fulham game ?

yeah thats why i havent commented in here for the last week. i was so pissed off after the game i couldn't speak. i didn't laugh it off i didn't throw a bin at a car i didn' cry just no amotion could exprss how i felt.

WE Were crap!!

But as were spurs and were so inconsistant i think were do well against Chelsea. everythings against us and weve just lost so if we bounce back like we have in the past then it should be a good match.

That game as i will now call it was shi't and proved once and for all that hoddle isn't gunna take us that far if he cant see were we are stugglin on the pitch. DEFENCIVE MIDFEILD. i mean for fuck sake when is this problem to be sorted. to many times we get bossed in midfield and dispit Ricketts playin his socks off no one else seems to want to and were seein some good work go to waste because the one position we have needed strength in for seasons now still is weak.

i dont want to hate hoddle but even the man i once called gHod cant get between me and my spurs continue down the same shi'te path.

Head: Chelsea 2-1 Spurs
Heart: Chelsea 1-1 Spurs

i really hope we can pull of a victory and get those peeps sniping for Hods head off his back, i can c us getting european footy at the least this season if he stays.

btw, i didnt go to the fulham games, had that dubious honour last year, when we played awful and sneaked a draw thanx to a davies dive!!!

i know how u feel monkeys but im quietly confident its gonna be a one off like the boro game last year, in terms of first half of the season form that is.

hoddles pretty much said hes after a defensive mid but as we all know hed much rather bide his time for someone he deems worthwhile than rush into anything. i honestly feel thats gonna be our major stumbling block this season though.

i really hope ur right loz, i reckon he should be given till the end of the season atleast but unfortunatly it looks less likely each month thats hes gonna acheive anything with us.

im looking forward to seeing how dalmat settles in cus i reckon he could be top notch but thats not gonna solve the defensive mid problem unfortunatly.

I see you guys have nothin good to say neither. its funny that this season i just cant make an excuse. the way to sort it:

1. our manager has to go, im sorry but Hoddle has lost the one thing he cant afford to lose, The Tottenham Faithful. all we talk about these days is How bad were playing were to inconsistant and we have no bottle when we need it. But Hoddle is losin the Players respect (if he ever had it) and without respect then they will not fight for this man he becomes loathed.

Hoddle is a good coach and has the good ideas but he cant execute them. Every Prem team he has been incharge of he built a solid team then left and that team gets a man that can gell it all together and makes that team a unit. Look at Southampton they are now more feared than spurs in the league coz they have a team who want to win for their manager gordan strachen demands respect and gets it.

Now dont tell me im on the band wagon i have been a spur all my life and i have seen some magic in my time (mostly from Gazza and Ginola)
all i have witnessed is one embaressment after another and i cant see were Hoddle is suposed to be taking us except Devision one.

Martin O'Neal would be a got Man Manager and like alot of respect from the Lads.

I no alot of you may disagree but it is about time everyone opened there eyes.

Hoddle is not the man that will bring European Footie to Spurs........And thats the saddest thing i could eva write on this thread

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!

Monkey dont you think that the Spurs fans are getting what they deserve. They have hounded out manager after manager harking for days not seen (and that was briefly) since the eighties without really moving forward. Then when they get a manager they wanted, its not gone right in his first couple of seasons and lo and behold the spurs fans want yet another manager out.

Of course your gonna know more about the history of things than I do but it smacks (once again) of Spurs fans wanting so much in such a little time, considering you've not finished in the top six for what, over ten years? dont you think that maybe its time to finally give a manager (and one who loves the club) some time.....

Otherwise its Hoddle out and who to replace him MON??

As much as he wants to move back down here he's at least got the CL 1st round and a uefa cup run to look forward to with Celtic, Spurs cant even offer him uefa football.

Give him time......

Im sorry but every year is ment to be an improvment yes?

we have had the worst start in the prem yet. Last season we were top of the league. di the math we have got bad. to many times we wina couple look good on the pitch only to be outfought out classed ect. our team is great we have lots of young talent on the fringe that may never meet gHods standerds but would probebly walk into alot of clubs Starting 16 in the prem.

i love the guy and as i have said a million times before if he proves me wrong so be it i am a tw@t with no beleif. but i am a paying customer and i expect to be happy to fork out 600 sheets for a fukin season ticket each year but i aint. Hoddle wont be hear next year coz the inconsistancy of the boyz has to stop soon.

This is present football my freind you only get a long life if your a success, Hoddle ist a success. You should be praising that the truth is finally reachin me.

you are the people who slate the guy for bein shi'te then when i say get him out you stick up for him.

if we dont get 3 wins in the next 3 games or even 2 he will be under pressure not just by the press not just buy the fans but buy the players too. Thats football its a buiseness no man is bigger than the club Becks lernt that and so will gHod. :(

Well this time I was being devils advocate cos I really thought that Spurs fans would be made up with this guy and finally give a manager time to build something.

He's never been the best at selection, he thought Becks wasnt ready and never gave Andy Cole a chance even though in domestic/european football you'd be hard pressed to find a better modern english striker.

Well fella there isnt much out there in terms of mangers so i'd stick by him, dont worry about your first few games, we we're 9th in the first few months of last season, a*****l we're playing beautiful football sweeping past everyone but it was a different stroy come May.

Yes its important to progress every season, but on the same hand if you dont progress its important to not go backwards, and Spurs havent really, once he's stabilised the team and starts getting "his" sort of players it'll all change......

much as i hate to say it i'm with you on this one van ;) we really have gotta stick by hod, yeah he's got his problems, he's outspoken, not a good man-manager etc, but it is time we gave a manager at least 5 years to rebuild the club.

look at sir alex, he did fuck all at united until they one the fa cup, and were very lucky to do so imo. but now look at them, sir alex has gone on to be THE most successful manager in the english game ever, period.

hopefully he'll get us rolling again in the next few games and if we can push for a european spot this year - i know same old hat said time after time - i think it really will be something to move forward from.

it looks like he's actually gona give youth a chance, e.g. postiga, keane, zamora, gardner, king ricketts and so on, so i think the fella is really changing his attitude, and maybe that of the club.

lets give him time, support and get behind the boys and maybe we can start to push up the table again.

well put Loz, with the youth you've got at Spurs you should give the manager who brought them in time to get the best out of them, having all new strikers playing (with little keano injured) would be difficult for any team.

And your right on the Fergie thing, we was ready to have him out of the club and look at us now, yeah it might all go to sh*t tomorrow, but the years ive had watching some of the best football games, great players, european nights all the trophies etc will be with me for ever, and its ALL down to Fergie.

i know how u feel monkeys and im not convinced hes gonna make us great but van is right, we cant just keep hounding out the manager every other year. he was the manager most of the fans wanted so imo it will be fair to judge him at the end of the season as long as were not risking relegation.

i dont agree that hes lost the spurs faithful, that may change but his name has still been chanted at the last two home games.

imo as fans we have to start realising that theres isnt such thing as overnight succes, it isnt our devine right to be in europe and any success is gonna come through time but things are gonna go wrong on the way. i know its gotta a lot worse since then but quite a few people seemed to be getting on his back last xmas as well.

first the season has just started so we need to hold our horses a bit anyway, given the games wev had wev only really had one bad game. if we had actually won that fulham game it would have been a fairly solid start but its just seems to be that game on top of one or two other things.

u say we havnt improved as well which i disagree with to be honest. he hasnt got the team to gel but if they do his side has a lot of potential imo. i honeslty prefer this current side to grahams one as well. at the moment with have a potential attacking trio of keane postiga and dalmat (playing poyets old role) and i think any team in the land would love to have them in their squad or team really. even if the results have stayed roughly the same there is a clear improvement in terms of the quality hes bought in.

i honselty completly undertstand how u feel but even if we do sack him we will just get someone esle in and everyone will just get on his back as soon as something goes a little wrong.

heh van i know u dont agree with his selection for england but can u criticise him after how well he got the team playing with the resources he had.

if he did whatever he did at england, soton, swindon and to an extent chelsea then id think wed be fine but it just doesnt seem to be happening at the minute unfortunatly :( .

I really dont wanna feel this way guys beleive me i love gHod and always will.

To be Honest when we beat our next team ill feel happy again but i know when push comes to shove we have a side built on flair and no back bone. if a team wants a fight we only have Ricketts and the big three at the back that wanna fight. so we end up losing to shi'te that we could and should piss on because they fight. ive seen it more and more in games and it drives me nuts.

Theres a fine line between Grahams way and Hoddles that if we can reach we will be a good consistant team. but until we relise that not all teams will be amazed by are good passing and fliar whimpy players then we wont move foward.

its not an attack on gHod as a person just gHod as a Manager for Spurs. His heart is in the right place and he does try but dont tell me that were movin in the right direction coz we aint were movin sideways if that and in the Comercial buisness that is Football the manager will be the first to go.

im not sayin sack him next week. Give him to the christmas period see were we are then if were still in the cups and have a good chance at Europe Excellent Keep gHod i wont get on his back till the end of the campaign. But if we are out of the cups and miles away from Europe knowone can doubt he has to go.

This Football club has seen anough shi't and taken all the jokes from every other team in the prem. i dont want to see our great club become the butt of jokes for teams in the first devision aswell

Back
Top Bottom