Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree that we need more steel in the team, we were saying all over the summer that hoddle needed to sign a def midfielder, but it just didnt happen.

fair e nuff lads, i guess if hoddle hasnt sorted it out by xmas (if were doing really poor) or end of the season (if were not in the top 7) then i guess no one can moan if he is given the boot.

i completely agree that a couple of battlers would improve us beyond recognition but the thing is hoddle must recognise this aspect of the game if u consider he had both batty and ince in his england midfield.

i feel he 'could' turn spurs into a half decent side but imo hes shot himself in the foot by not getting in a dm and although i want him to stay for the time being it is hard to imagine him as our boss by the time next season starts.

how do u lot feel about freund, he got a lot of stick but get ur programmes out and our results and form were so much better when he was in the team (over the last 2 years). if u remeber we were doing pretty superbly before xmas in hod first full season and it was when freund got injured we started to lose the plot and it was the same sort of thing last season imo. hes a bit of an unsung hero if u ask me but it was time for him to move on but i just cant beleive we didtn bring in another dm.

There's rumour flying about that Levy is after Harry Redknapp, i've never really been his biggest fan tbh and dont think he'd really suit at spurs, maybe tho, he likes playing good footy.

spot on about freund as well faiers, we looked a lot more solid with him in the team, big mistake by hoddle to let him go without getting a replacement, but hoddle seems to like to do this, a la ferdinand last jan.

Freund was a Hero!

When Graham bought him in i didn't think he would last 10 minuets in the side. but under hoddle i feel he improved 110% i loved the guy and he is a player we are really missing.

remember when he wound Keane up at the lane he loved it and are defence looked alot better with him in the side

shame he didnt score :mrgreen:

Delmant played a blinder for the reserves playin in the ancour role and settin up 2. i hope he can reproduce his for the first team :l

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Delmant played a blinder for the reserves playin in the ancour role and settin up 2. i hope he can reproduce his for the first team :l

Against us, he had a 30 second flash of quality when he came on which had me slightly worried, but he just disappeared out of the game.

He'll have to work a lot harder than he is used to, by the looks of it.

yeah freund was a legend, thing is you say that too most people and they cant get over the fact that he couldnt pass a ball that well. he wernt just there to pump up the crowd, he did a good job as the ball winner a lot of the time and its amazing how many people didnt recognise it imo.

im looking forward to seeing how dalmat plays, hopefully he starts on sat. r u boys gonna be there ? i have a good feeling about this game i tell thee

I will be there and we will be strong i no it. we always bounce back :roll:

Freunds game improved dramatically under gHod and he was becomin my fav player. then the gHod factor came in and he was gone.

Game Prediction

Head: Spurs 2-1 South
Heart: Spurs 10 - 0 South :mrgreen:

I won't be suprised to read the paper Monday morning & see a big headline.

HOODLE SACKED!!!

It's on the card's, all you Spurs fans must be gutted you spent all this money during the summer & your even more shit than last season :(

it does appear to be that way Dazza, but i think we gotta let the new players settle in, what was the performance like today faiers and TBM, and any other faithful that went down to the lane today?

I'm stunned, nay devastated. how could the board make this decision now?

if they didnt have full confidence in Hoddle they should have sacked him over the summer, instead they let him sign 6 new players at a cost of over £12 million. Give him 6 games and then decide his team isnt going to improve, Kanoute was really looking like the real deal too.

Imo the board are just as accountable as the manager in this instance, they have created a cloud of uncertainty during this whole period without ever giving the slightesst indication that a) the results had to improve or, b) they were thinking of letting the manager go so soon after the start of the season.

There is also the question of who to bring in next and i hope it isnt too long before an announcement is made as i dont want Pleat to be running the team for too long, maybe Trevor Brooking tho eh? ;)

Its a brave decision and the right move for Spurs, by and large having an ex-hero player as manager is a recipe for disaster. Sentimentality sets in and sections of the fans wont want him sacked even if things go very wrong, had they kept him he could have dragged the club into relegation mire by Christmas with little prospect of salvation.

Spurs have a good squad and should be more than just-above-relegation-fodder. Hoddle has lost the faith (no pun) of the players and it wasnt going to work, he never quite turned a corner. I dunno who you'll get as a replacement. There arent that many big names around so it could be a lesser known one Pardew perhaps ?? If I were you id go for Antic.

I agree with loz that the board have to take a lot of flak here for allowing him to buy big then stay, although I think it's the right choice to sack him, if a little late.

Dazza. said:
I won't be suprised to read the paper Monday morning & see a big headline.

HOODLE SACKED!!!

It's on the card's, all you Spurs fans must be gutted you spent all this money during the summer & your even more shit than last season :(

:mrgreen:

according to skysports william hill arnt taking bets on the new manager as they have insider info its gonna be raddy antic. he could be the man to sort spurs out but im always a little wary of how a foreign managers ideas will work the prem. i cant help get the feeling of that whoever we do get in will just be sacked after two years though :( . its just that feeling of same old same old for me unfortunatly.

loz would you be as forgiving if it were ur money though mate ?
personally i felt they backed hoddle and ill give them credit for that and as we showed no sign of improving it has to be said it did look as if it was just gonna be a case of when and not if. he may have turned it round but how likely was it and if it were my investment i would have probably said enough is enough as well. as a fan yeah a bit more time wouldnt have hurt but im really not sure the board have done anything that bad. you say they could have said something but imo talk is cheap. i agree the timing does seem a bit odd but im gonna wait to see what turns up first.

btw about the game, the score line says it all really. redknapp and ricketts just cant cut it in the middle together and i feel that has been the main contribution to hoddles departure. if we had just got in a decent dm i honestly feel things could have been a lot different. dalmat looked good to me as well, im really not sure why hod took him off to be honest. he could be a real asset this season.

im a little worried about some of the current players as well cus how many managers do u know that would go for a keane and postiga partnership. i really hope we can hold onto both of em but im not sure we will. i guess u can point out the board shouldnt have given him so much if they were so unsure but wev been quite shrewd in the market and i cant see any of the new signings dropping dramatically in value.

oh well, hes to another two years of transition lads :(

Antic is the best bet at the moment, hes got a good track record, he saved Barcelona from relegation last season and even dragged them into the UEFA Cup, he wont be able to do that with you but he should ensure you survive and stop defeats like the ones to Fulham, Southampton etc. Then next season he might be able to get you up to mid-table and then two or three seasons later up there going for europe.

Who else is there ?? maybe Howard Wilkinson, but who on earth would want him ??

hmm i guess i rate the current players at spurs a little higher than you cus even with hoddle in charge i reckon we would have still come mid table come may. we have a much better squad than at anyother time under hoddle (and probably since the famous five) so i honestly dont think we were/are due a relegation battle.

anything less than mid table will be a total failure in my eyes given the current players. we should have really been pushing for europe last season and this season so any new manager will probably have to turn us into a decent outfit thats competing with the likes of at the very least blackburn and everton within two years.

i seriously think we have the sixth best squad in the country. player for player i really dont think were any worse than blackburn everton etc. its just a case of getting a manager who can sort out one or two (or three ;) ) problem positions, get everyone fit and to get everyone playing as a hardworking unit. if someone can do that then i feel the quality we do have will shine through.

with regards to antic he very may well do an excellent job but any half decent manager should have sorted barca out to be honest ??. apart from wenger foreign managers havnt really done amazingly well which is why im a little bit sceptical.

if we did get in someone who knew the premiership and sorted out the basics then that should really do to be honest.

theres a huge list being piled up on all over the place. some of the names include mcleish, o neil, redknapp, curbishley, bruce as well antic. hitzfield has even been mentioned. dunno how realistic any of those names are though to be honest. it would take something special for the chairmen to get most of them to quit their current clubs to join us anyway. we shall see in due time though.

i dont think Spurs have a bad squad, per say, but they need a decent defensive midfielder Guti on loan would have been great and cover at the back would be helpful too, maybe in the long run a replacement for Keller needs to be found, but even then with a bit of confidence he could be a good enough keeper.

in the long run, if you can keep the decent players, you could get into europe, but it will take a bit of time, the new signings havent fully gelled yet, Ricketts needs a bit more of a run in the team too and next season you'll need to get that defensive midfielder and possibly replacements for Anderton, Poyet, and if he doesnt recover, Ziege. Antic has a very good knowledge of the European game, especially Spain. He could get you some decent young players to cover those positions and build a team with good long term prospects.

heh i have to admit u know ur stuff mate. the defensive midfield position really is the main problem i have with the current team, i feel its gonna be a long wait till the transfer window for the new man.

this was gonna be hoddles 3rd full season in charge and he needed to get us looking good to compete for a top six spot, which we wernt, which is pretty much why he was sacked. any manager coming in would have to realistically do the same after two full seasons to keep the fans happy (if he was backed as well as hoddle). i really cant see to many fans being happy to wait for your proposed 5 years for us to get to this stage. if thats how long it would take for somone to turn us round then so be it but people would probably been on his back before then. i agree with most ur points about who to replace etc i just dont think many spurs fans will be happy with ur time scale unfortunatly.

i would have loved guti at the club. even matt holland would have done though really. god knows what hod was on playing redknapp there :( .

I am glad this has ended now before the Coventry game coz if we lose now atleast we have an excuse.

Hoddles face on Saturday was one of a child who couldnt get a go on the swing. i know all that was going through his head was "i could do better than that" and "how the fuck did he miss that i could of dunit with my eyes closed". Lets face it Hoddle only gives Respect to one man - HIMSELF and you can se him every week in his trakies itching to com on and show the lads how it should be done. Hoddle is a proud man and will not be told he has gone wrong or made a mistake by anyone.

He will always be a leg-end but he is a fruitcake short of a tea party.

Pleate will hopefully do now what Hoddle failed to do Let the players have a say give them the advise they need and imo the most important thing - Give the fukin youngsters a run. dont tell me abouth inexperiance and all that sh'ite good teams all have quality young players in there sides and we should be no different.

these are my early thoughts

Im not a guy who likes to see another lose his job but Hoddle is a tit, great player.... shite manager.

Lets just leave it at that!

I dont now if i would call him a crap manager just not a very good one. if you have a team that will listen to whatever he says and dont argue he would make a good squad. his problem was he brought in players with experience and the questioned his dessisions and he got rid which then ment he lost the faith of the younger players who would look up the the Sheringhams and Freuds.

I was very worried of what Sherwood said but it appesred to be true and Hoddle now looks like he will have to start again in his ideas of what a good manager does to build a successful and solid team.

i wish gHod all the best and i hope the next team he is involved with will be a success coz i for one still love the guy.

just listening to 5 live and there's a big discussion about our mighty team. . . . according to deloite and touche we are the biggest club in europe, in terms of turnover never to have played in the champions league, and made more than 70% of teams that were in the CL last season.

i think we are gona regret lsoing ethers now also, we gotta get back to playing 4-4-2 and really bring in some steel in the midfield, no matter who the manager is, 4-4-2 is the most flexible formation and can be changed easiest according to the situation, here's hoping.

and who would you spurs fans like to c in charge at the lane? i think i'd like to c o'neill, but not sure he would leave celtic?

Back
Top Bottom