Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Zamora first appearence may be against Norwich City, the team that rejected him as a lad for being to small. thay should be interesting :twisted:

Yep! another great player who we Rejected in the early days of there footballing life including 'Simion Davies'

lol mate ur talking to the club that turned their noses up at zidane, zola and bergkamp while they were established players.

Looks like we got Bobby, he he now we got our 'own' Bobby, for a snip at £1.5 mill. Also read we could stil get Phillips altho i'm thinking this may be if Iversen goes.

Would love to see Scottie Parker down at The Lane and i think he would giva us a real driving force in the middle of the park, something we've been missing, dare i say it, since Paul Stewart left :shock:

Anyways, watch this space gooners as it's as close as you're gonna get to signing anyone this year!!

loz said:
Looks like we got Bobby, he he now we got our 'own' Bobby, for a snip at £1.5 mill. Also read we could stil get Phillips altho i'm thinking this may be if Iversen goes.

Would love to see Scottie Parker down at The Lane and i think he would giva us a real driving force in the middle of the park, something we've been missing, dare i say it, since Paul Stewart left :shock:

Anyways, watch this space gooners as it's as close as you're gonna get to signing anyone this year!!

I thought they had a new no5, as I saw it in the People on Sunday

EDIT:Just found his name-Phillippe Senderos

Postiga scored his 2nd goal in as many games as we beat Wycombe, Dave Beasant and all, 3-2 at their gaff.

not a comprehensive win, but looks like we are still banging in the goals.

yeah as u said though, now if we do what do anything this year a dm is absolutly essential. Id love scott parker but it just doesnt look like we can make it worthwhile for charlton so i imagine we might have to look elsewhere.

Well we beat the mighty Oxford at their gaff today, Bobby Zamora had a great start getting two in the first half, then his half time replacement Keano bagged the other one. come on you spurs!!!

Spurs will apparently go for Irland and Millwall Midfielder Reid if we fail with parker this week. So it looks as if we will have a young Talented Midfielder by the end of the week.

Two goals in 45 mins from Zamora (the guy will be a legend at spurs)

scarey thought we have now scored 8 goals in 3 games. Postiga has 2 in 2, Zamora has 2 in 45 mins and even kean is startin to bang em in. dare i say that we have a very strong lookin attack next year :)

Things are looking up :mrgreen:

Parker blow for Spurs
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

TOTTENHAM target Scott Parker has signed a new five-year deal to stay with Charlton.

The tough-tackling midfielder, also coveted by Chelsea, was next on Glenn Hoddle's shopping list after the capture of Helder Postiga from Porto and Bobby Zamora from Brighton.

Parker, valued at more than £6million, is an England under-21 regular and is on the fringes of Sven-Goran Eriksson's full squad.

He has agreed to a £20,000-a-week deal which will keep him at The Valley until 2008.

Spurs may now switch their attentions to Millwall's Republic of Ireland international Stephen Reid.

Looks like we missed out on him. Still stephan Reid will be a good buy for our midfield. Shame i was hopin for him to coe but hay the show must go on and hopefully we will make him regret his dessision when were in Europe

yeah steven reid is good but what i've seen of him he's more of an attacking player and after last years dismal defensive displays i still feel we need a holding midfielder.

another great result for us again onight, against dazza's favourites!!!

we beat the canaries 3-0 i believe, did ya see the mighty spurs in action dazza?

sounds like we really are rollin now.

loz said:

we beat the canaries 3-0 i believe, did ya see the mighty spurs in action dazza?

We were robbed!!! :mrgreen:

loz said:

When it matters spurs are sh!te. 8) ....(Just jesting, take it easy)

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
loz said:

I agree with ya tbh vaps, in recent years we havent performed when it would have taken us to the next level. Worthless cup final springs to mind, coulda got into europe but never quite lived up to our reputation. i'm hopin this year the injection of youth and pace will see us really push on and get one of those vital top 6 places.

loz said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
loz said:

I agree with ya tbh vaps, in recent years we havent performed when it would have taken us to the next level. Worthless cup final springs to mind, coulda got into europe but never quite lived up to our reputation. i'm hopin this year the injection of youth and pace will see us really push on and get one of those vital top 6 places.
I hope you do mate, A club like spurs should play in europe every year.

I feel it's going to be an important year for Dean Richards because he's alot better than he has been showing since his move from southampton or is it because he has no one decent along side him??

Dazza. said:
I feel it's going to be an important year for Dean Richards because he's alot better than he has been showing since his move from southampton or is it because he has no one decent along side him??

Wheneva i've been up to the lane he has been our best defender, altho saying that i really like Ledley King, if he can get over the injuries he had last year then i really think they could both push Sol and Rio in the England team. Like i keep saying tho i so hope we can get a defensive mdifielder and a left back. Also looks like Steven Reid is going to Blackburn now after the speculation about him comin to spurs, altho saying that he did say it would be hard for him to leave London, which coulda been a hint to Hods.

Andertons goal was a cracker against Norwich :shock:

Also I think if 'Davies' Has a good full season Spurs could go along way this year. last year the first part of the season he was Mustard but then came the second part & he was Dog Shite! which I was not to happy about as Im a big fan of him + he was in my Sun Dream Team :(

You're spot on there Dazza, altho i think i'm correct in saying it was Davies first FULL season. He really fell away from xmas onwards, altho to be fair the whole team did.

also hope we hang on to Shaggy as he can have a big influence on the rest of the squad, he's got a lot of experience and his a superb passer of the ball. lets just hope we dont get as many injuries as last year, how did etherington play? i hope hoddle uses him more this season as i'm sure he could go on and play for england.

:mrgreen:

Im a big fan of Etherington & I was disapointed that he has not played that many games for Spurs, hopefully he will make his break though this season as He's Englands future Left Winger.

Dazza. said:

:mrgreen:

Im a big fan of Etherington & I was disapointed that he has not played that many games for Spurs, hopefully he will make his break though this season as He's Englands future Left Winger.

Have you got a soft spot for the boys from the lane Dazza? it appears you like a few of our players and post in here a bit.

yes i've always had a soft spot for Spurs thoughout the years all the classics like Lineker, Hoddle, Klinsmann, Gazza etc.

& since Davies & Etherington signed from Peterbough i've taken more interest.

But I do feel that you need to off load all them old bags of Shite!! ie. Fraund, Poyet etc.

& I hate Tarrico :x

yeah i know what ya mean, i think as hoddle didnt have much money he went for proven experience, but his transfer policy has obviously changed this off-season.

Freund has left and i hope Poyet doesnt play quite so often thisyear, i hear Acimovic had a good game tonite as well?

and Taricco, i cant stand the fella, i thought he was good at Ipswich, but, tbh i'd rather have Justin Edinbrugh back!!!

Bobby Dazzler strikes again. how good were we yesterday. my step mum is a season ticket holder so i got a seat at the game (unfortunatly in the Norwich end) it was a great game.

Norwich were impressive and i went to college with Shakell's mate he's a fukin good player.

Postiga should of scored and toda played hus best game yet for spurs as we domenated.

i know its pre-season but after seeing us against Stevenage then norwich i have a feeling we could do alright this year. so i got my season ticket sorted. lets hope we keep it going.

the next match im going to see is Spurs v PSV which is looking more mouth watering buy the day.

Dazza is God and i hope he will stay fit (though i doubt it) and Bobby is looking sharp so we may have a contender for Golden boot this year :mrgreen:

Heres hopin

nice avatar there TBM, what's his link play lookin like? and did he play with keane and Postiga?

His link up play is great his 1-2 with Davies was a touch of class. Postiga and Keane started then zamora came on and the other two were replaced.

Zamora is lookin a real find and my mate didn't beleive me last summer when i said he would be in a spurs shirt in two years time :mrgreen:

he's still young but he will compement keane and i feel will be a spurs legend for the next few years.

Well we've had our first defeat of pre-season, losing 2-1 to South African champions Orlando Pirates.

we had a real young side out with ROb Burch in goal but still had a lot of first teamers in. still lets get these games outta the way early doors and pick up the pace when we kick off our prem campaign.

i have to say sorry but spurs are the most boring team to watch.zzzzzz

Gnairn3 said:
i have to say sorry but spurs are the most boring team to watch.zzzzzz

if ya dont have anything constructive to say then go post in the gooners thread :twisted:

and i can think of a number of prem sides that are far more boring - boro (without juninho, the pool, bolton, fulham.

Back
Top Bottom