Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villafc said:
I'm heading over to London for the freindly with PSV on August 3rd. My mates a Spurs fan, and he asked me to go. So if any of you gents are goin, i'll be the lad wearing the Villa shirt.!!! :twisted:

Jesus, that reminds me, I dreamt I was at a Liverpool-Everton match with my United shirt on last night :shock: Please, carry on with the topic again and ignore this post, I just felt I had to tell you all that. :l

Supposedly Spurs are now favourites to land Kluivert offering a 4 year deal worth £75K per week............... :shock: ;)

Whether he'll go there or not is another matter!! :mrgreen:

ProEvo said:
Supposedly Spurs are now favourites to land Kluivert offering a 4 year deal worth £75K per week............... :shock: ;)

i would like to think that is true but i havent heard anything about this!!!

we shall c i guess. oh and evo where did ya hear bout this?

loz said:
ProEvo said:

I have sources.......... 8) ;)

ProEvo said:
loz said:
ProEvo said:

Which are. . . . . . . . ?

loz said:
ProEvo said:
loz said:
ProEvo said:

Which are. . . . . . . . ?

............secret!!! 8) ;)

that story was in the sun so you have a pretty reliable source their mate :mrgreen:

Simon sets the record straight
10 Jul 2003 14:32

Simon Davies has set the record straight on his future at Spurs insisting he's NOT unhappy, NOT looking to move and sees perfectly eye-to-eye with manager Glenn Hoddle.
Our Welsh midfielder has been the subject of numerous stories linking him with various clubs all summer.

But he responded at Spurs Lodge this afternoon: "It's laughable really and I don't know where these stories have come from.

"Someone told me the other day that I'd had a meeting with the manager and told him that I wanted to leave but it's just people trying to stir things up.

"I've never asked to leave. I signed a five-year contract last year! If I wanted to leave I would have just let it run out and I would have had a year left now.

"I signed a five-year deal, I've four left and I'm happy here.

"I've never had a problem with the manager either, not at all. In fact, since the manager has been here, he's played me more often than not and that's what you want as a player.

"I only missed out once on being involved last season and that when I was suspended. That says it all really. I'm a club where I'm playing the majority of the games and that's what you want as a player.

"Obviously things didn't go as well as we wanted them to last season and we were unhappy as a club. That's why we were all disappointed."

Im happy that he has come out and said this as i was cacking myself at the thought of him leaving. i rate him higher than all spurs players he will be a legend at WHL for years to come.

other news:Parker's the man for Spurs
By Adrian Curtis, Evening Standard
10 July 2003
Tottenham's plan to land Scott Parker from Charlton moved a step closer today after winger Matthew Etherington admitted he is still stalling on signing a new deal.

Spurs are on the brink of making an official bid for Parker and will include Etherington as part of the package because he has yet to commit himself to a two-year extension.

Etherington was offered a new deal at the end of last season but he has been unhappy at the lack of opportunities at White Hart Lane. He is a longtime target of Charlton's manager Alan Curbishley and could be the key to the deal.

Spurs are desperate to bolster their midfield and Glenn Hoddle has identified Parker as the player he wants.

The Tottenham manager tried to sign Parker when he was in charge of Southampton and Spurs made another move for him earlier this summer, which also included Etherington but only involved £1million in cash.

Charlton rejected that out of hand but their signing of Matt Holland from Ipswich would appear to indicate they will let Parker go at the right price.

Chelsea are also interested in the England hopeful and their surprise move for West Ham's Glen Johnson will remind Spurs that they may have to move quickly if they are to get their man.

Etherington flew out to La Manga with the rest of the first-team squad for the start of pre-season training today, fully aware that he could be used as the bait to land Parker.

He said: "I am just going to wait until the start of the season and see how things go. If I am part of the plans I will probably sign the new offer. But I am not going to rush into anything.

"I have spoken to Glenn a few times and he has told me that there is a contract there if I want it.

"But I've got a year left and can afford to wait. I am under 24 so there would be a compensation fee, but at the moment I am just waiting to see how things work out with a number of things."

The player would relish a move to The Valley because he knows he will almost certainly be guaranteed first-team football.

Hopefully this is a true story and Scott will sign for spurs some time next week heres hoping

yeah i really think scotty parker is the type of player we need, and altho i like ethers and think he could become a top player i have to say that it doesnt look like glenn fancies him as a player and so this looks like it could become true.

also looks like we're gonna continue with wing backs if ethers leaves :x

Well were ment to be byin a Youngster from the Dons called Leon Morgan. if he passes the medical he will be ours for 750,000 or summin like that. he's an england under 20 and he would be the perfect replacement for Matty.

Looks like glenn wants a Young Spurs :shock: .

Anderton discusses £1.7 million move

By pompey-fans.com
Date: 11/7/2003

Pompey are in talks to sign Darren Anderton according to reports in BBC Radio Solent. The £1.7 million move from Tottenham has been in the offing for a week or so, but it seems Pompey have finally made their move.

Looks like hes on his way

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Anderton discusses £1.7 million move

By pompey-fans.com
Date: 11/7/2003

Pompey are in talks to sign Darren Anderton according to reports in BBC Radio Solent. The £1.7 million move from Tottenham has been in the offing for a week or so, but it seems Pompey have finally made their move.

Looks like hes on his way

£1.7M's good money for SickNote, how old is now.........30?!?!? :shock: ;)

Yeah i was Pretty shocked that they would pay that much for him because of his injury record. It will probebly be £500,000 now and More payments due to games played. i dont think they will give us all of it in one go.

i still thing it'll be a loss to lose dazza, maybe glenn'll give davies bit more of a central role. TBM, we were supposed to be signing morgan at the beginning of last season but i thin he got injured, has a good reputation, but hods isnt really the best at bringing young talent thro!

well pompey have given up on shaggy, which can only be good for us as there was no transfer fee involved, apparently!!!

also dont look like we're gona get freddie, but we need at least one more striker, even as a back-up, here's hopin.

Spurs web:
SPURS could be tempted into renewing their interest in Sunderland striker Kevin Phillips after he was put up for sale at a cut-price £2million.

The Black Cats are a whopping £30m in debt and need to slash their wage bill to avoid going into administration.

Reports today suggest the former England striker could soon be the subject of an official bid from long-term admire Glenn Hoddle - even though he has been linked with numerous forwards since the end of last season.

Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy has expressed his amazement that there has been no inquiries for Phillips during the summer.

He struggled last year as the Wearsiders were relegated from the Premiership with a record low number of points and is currently sidelined with an ankle injury.
Tottenham were linked with a £10m bid for Phillips 18 months ago but the bottom has fallen out of the transfer market.

Charlton are also reported to be interested in the former Watford forward.

Wouldent be bad cover sill would rather spurs went for Zamora or Someone who still has there best years to come. not sayin Phillips is in his Twighlight years but he aint a spring chicken anymore

Postiga set for debut
16 Jul 2003 12:43

Helder Postiga will make his debut for the club in tonight's friendly at Stevenage Borough.
Assistant boss John Gorman confirmed that our summer capture from Porto will be in one of two line-ups against the Conference outfit at Broadhall Way.

"It will be interesting for the fans," said John at Spurs Lodge this afternoon. "It's almost a bit early for him in some ways but this is a training game tonight, fans have to realise that and that's why Helder is involved.

"We've worked very hard so far and it will be 45 minutes for each player and we'll also use younger lads who have done well. It should be a good night.

"The only players who won't be involved are the internationals who had a longer break - the likes of Steve Carr, Robbie Keane, Gary Doherty, Steffen Iversen, although they are all back in today. Kasey Keller is still away with America but everyone else who went to La Manga should be involved."

Im lookin foward to this game. i live about 10 miles from Stevenage so i try and go and see the reserves during the season. i hope he gets off to a flyer id imagine he will score (hopefully 2 or 3) and we'll win quite comfortably but then again... :l we are Spurs

Postiga scored as Spurs went on to a 2-0 victory. it was a good run about for the boys and i feel Jonnie Jackson should be given a run in the first team now he was class. Postiga was quick and showed good skill and looks like he'll be a Spurs fans Hero for years to come.

We should av won 4/5 nil with all the atteps but some good goalkeeping and a couple of Posts l8a and we walked away with a comfortable 2-0.

COME ON U SPURS!!!! :twisted:

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Postiga scored as Spurs went on to a 2-0 victory. it was a good run about for the boys and i feel Jonnie Jackson should be given a run in the first team now he was class. Postiga was quick and showed good skill and looks like he'll be a Spurs fans Hero for years to come.

We should av won 4/5 nil with all the atteps but some good goalkeeping and a couple of Posts l8a and we walked away with a comfortable 2-0.

COME ON U SPURS!!!! :twisted:

yeah there was a match report in the sun today TBM, did ya go to the match tho?

what was the crowd like and the reception for Helder??

and did Robbie get a half?

looks like hoddle has finally got rid of Ben Thatcher, goin to leicester in a 3year deal, altho not sure of the fee involved.

yeah there was a match report in the sun today TBM, did ya go to the match tho?

what was the crowd like and the reception for Helder??

and did Robbie get a half?

Yeah i was there it was Quite a good game. Helder showed promise and with some of the young lads (Jackson, Marney, Blondel...) avin a good half it was a good exersize.

Keano was back from Internationals so he was rested i think he will start Pre-season on Sat.

i bet the press hammered us for not whoppin em 10-0 :x

not really said we played well and shoulda scored more, hitting the post a few times. said there was a scare with ziege doin his leg in, but it was ok. and also the postiga looked impressive.

:shock: WOW you mean the Sun didn't start pickin a bad points. we must of played better than i thought. If Postiga says injury free i think 15 - 25 goals is possible thats if he gels well with Keane and i Dobt that will be a problem we could see a good season ahead as far as Strikers are concerned :D

Plus i hear we will be Gettin some1 within the next week. it should be either Parker(i hope) or Konute(fuck cant spell his Frickin name.

Two_blindmonkeys said:
:shock: WOW you mean the Sun didn't start pickin a bad points. we must of played better than i thought. If Postiga says injury free i think 15 - 25 goals is possible thats if he gels well with Keane and i Dobt that will be a problem we could see a good season ahead as far as Strikers are concerned :D

Plus i hear we will be Gettin some1 within the next week. it should be either Parker(i hope) or Konute(**** cant spell his Frickin name.

just seen we had an offer accepted for Zamora . . . . .Fu(k me this season's gonna be great!

doesnt say how much, on text, but i sure hope we bag him.

Tottenham Hotspur were last night discussing personal terms with the England Under-21 striker Bobby Zamora after agreeing a fee with Brighton believed to be around £2m.
Brighton had been hoping to raise £4m from the sale of Zamora, who returned to training on Tuesday, but a lack of funds following their relegation to the Second Division meant they needed to raise cash to agree new contracts with their existing players.

Were ment to be puttin in a bid of 5.5 mil for Parker aswell :shock:

Spurs Spending money on quality young players...............am i earin ya right! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom