Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, portuguese soccer fan speaking here..

Postiga is true class and if he played Celtic would have probably not talked so much about giving a fair fight in the final. Get a video from Porto 4 Lazio 1 in the semis and you will see who is Postiga.

Postiga is not a natural born scorer yet but expect a player with excepcional technique, fast and powerful, with an accurate and powerful shot, a real box "snake". He has scored incredible goals here in Portugal and he is the present only real hot prospect in what concerns portuguese centre forwards, a major flaw in portuguese soccer.

Don't cross high balls to him, he is no bierhoff in the air, even not excepcionally tall. But pass him low balls around the area and expect him to do the job with no great help. He is somewhat a very good player to pair with keane, same kind of unpredictable explosive atitude.

good deal for Totthenham although anyone seeking top of the cake from Porto should simply take them Deco, a world class playmaker capable of wrecking whatever he comes in front.

cheers mauras

i heard postiga was portos 2nd best player but theyv sold him so they can try and hold onto deco who is the no 1 their (as you said really).

Im really looking forward to seeing keane and st helder ( ;) ) upfront together.

Well, expecting too much would be silly. You expect a lot from Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo... Postiga is still a step below in terms of regularity but he has the potencial to become one of the greatest. Although Derlei was the man of the final Postiga was THE Porto impressive striker during all season, not only for what he scored but also for the way he played and opened chances for Derlei to shine. He is still very young so buying a 20 year old like that when we know a player only reaches his top at 25-28 it's a solid step. He just needs good coaching and a good environment to developt even more.

well, I avoided commenting on hoddle but it's true.. the idea we have here is that hoddle is a strange coach who likes to include "witches" in his coaching staff :)

Wanna know what i would do with Glenn Hoddle. Get a massive cross, 6 inch nails, a hammer and nail him to the fooking cross!!!! :mrgreen:

I will not discuss either Hoddle deserves that or not but... you will easely realise that you could be as funnier without creating chances of hurting other forum users' religious beliefs no?

despite hoddles beliefs and man management skills you cant question the mans tactical and coaching knowledge, look at the foresite he had to get england playing 3-5-2 and now sven plays a religious 4-4-2 ya want him to switch :roll:

hoddle will develop him, he learnt all about technical development when he was at monaco.

i think we need a couple more strikers, especially if iversen's gonna be injured as i want postiga to develop and not have 2 much pressure on the poor lad, also heard he aint a natural goal getter, i'd say the same bout keano, so we're gonna need a natural goal scorer, imo.

some very good points there from our resident jokers!!! ;) hopefully we can get kanoute in as well just to get a bit of competition goin for the front places. summat we havent had for quite a while.

loz said:
some very good points there from our resident jokers!!! ;) hopefully we can get kanoute in as well just to get a bit of competition goin for the front places. summat we havent had for quite a while.

doesnt look like the kanoute deal is dead yet, speaking on the spurs website hoddle confimed he's still lookin to bring in another foward:

We've had to strengthen in this area and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could bring in another striker.

hopefully it'll be the big frenchman cos i think he'll give us some real presence up front.

loz said:
loz said:

doesnt look like the kanoute deal is dead yet, speaking on the spurs website hoddle confimed he's still lookin to bring in another foward:

We've had to strengthen in this area and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could bring in another striker.

hopefully it'll be the big frenchman cos i think he'll give us some real presence up front.

Is he lookin to destroy his carrer??Oh well,he's f*cked anyway.Thank god liverpool didnt sign him.What bout heskey??????thought spurs were intrested?That'd make a good signing for spurs,for heskey's career as well

cor another joker, come on in mate join zico hutch and the rest, any1 else?

right can we now have a discussion about football based on fact and opinion rather than some tw*t throwing in obsenities every couple of words?

loz said:
cor another joker, come on in mate join zico hutch and the rest, any1 else?

right can we now have a discussion about football based on fact and opinion rather than some tw*t throwing in obsenities every couple of words?

contradicting ur'self loz??

yeah i alwayz do, so whats ya point?

if ya wana talk liverpool then go do it in that thread, i dont need some idiot saying that the pool are better than spurs when the league table quite clearly indicates that anyway. :roll:

loz said:
yeah i alwayz do, so whats ya point?

if ya wana talk liverpool then go do it in that thread, i dont need some idiot saying that the pool are better than spurs when the league table quite clearly indicates that anyway. :roll:

im not saying that liverpool are better than spurs,certain things need not be said when they are very clear........just pissed off that someone of postiga's quality actually signed for a team that that always fail to deliver.Same thing happened when they signed klinsmann,boy was i pissed,was actually hoping that spurs would do well for klinski's sake but you know the rest........

i sure do kno the rest. . . .. . . but hopefully this time we got a manager than kno's how to organise a team, even if he doesnt have the best man management skills in the world.

trust me man,im just jealous that spurs actually signs proven world stars or upcoming world stars while we sign heskey,biscan,diomede...boy i could go on......

Misfit said:
trust me man,im just jealous that spurs actually signs proven world stars or upcoming world stars while we sign heskey,biscan,diomede...boy i could go on......

diomede is a world cup winner and heskey was bangin em in when he 1st went to ya, it's only since sven and houllier started playin him on the left that he's lost his confidence.

biscan was supposed to have a great future and i'd like to c a bit more of him, least ya got diouf he was sh!t hot in the WC and i can c him doin big things next year, but i'd like to c him up front, or just behind, owen. anyway, enough of the scouse, back to spurs . . . . . . .

loz said:
diomede is a world cup winner
And? I remember him at the 98 WC. Even the French fans booed him cos he was so shite. I couldn't believe it when Houllier decided to sign him. Of course, now that we know Houllier loves the mediocre french players it wouldn't surprise me nowadays.

This really shoulda been in the Liverpool thread shouldn't it? :p

Sledgehammer said:
loz said:
And? I remember him at the 98 WC. Even the French fans booed him cos he was so ****. I couldn't believe it when Houllier decided to sign him. Of course, now that we know Houllier loves the mediocre french players it wouldn't surprise me nowadays.

it should have yes, but some scouser came chattin sh!t in here, so i had to set him straight :D

loz said:
Sledgehammer said:
loz said:
And? I remember him at the 98 WC. Even the French fans booed him cos he was so ****. I couldn't believe it when Houllier decided to sign him. Of course, now that we know Houllier loves the mediocre french players it wouldn't surprise me nowadays.

it should have yes, but some scouser came chattin sh!t in here, so i had to set him straight :D

awwwwwww,lets be nice now

Misfit said:
loz said:
Sledgehammer said:
loz said:

just joshin misfit, ya made some valid points in the end so its better than hutch and zico tryin to turn it into a comedy thread, now can we please leave this and move on . . . . . . . .what midfielders are the mighty spurs gona sign?

Misfit said:
loz said:
Sledgehammer said:
loz said:

just joshin misfit, ya made some valid points in the end so its better than hutch and zico tryin to turn it into a comedy thread, now can we please leave this and move on . . . . . . . .what midfielders are the mighty spurs gona sign?

Back
Top Bottom