Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gnairn3 said:
oh well sorry but it is constructive

it quite clearly isnt constructive, if you said spurs are boring because they dont play with wingers, that is constructive.

:shock: Boring :shock: we are not borin mate we play proper footie we are all about fluid passing and flair players. Compair us to 80% of the prem and we're as exciting or more so.

Liverpool, Aston Villa these are boring teams and dont even try to change their game

you can call spurs inconsistant you can call spurs Not Champions league potential but be a spurs fan for one season and you'll see its not boring mate its anything but boring.

well ziege has had to have another op and will be out for at least 4 weeks, hope this dont mean we gotta play that donkey taricco :x hopefully glen will give ethers a go on the left, as wing back, or get womebody else in. i've seen gardner play on the left a couple of times but i'm not sure about him going forward, but we'll c?

Weve got a lad from South Africa Dunno that great a deal about him but hes won world footballer or summin.(note to self do your fukin homework before opening you cake hole :x )

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Weve got a lad from South Africa Dunno that great a deal about him but hes won world footballer or summin.(note to self do your fukin homework before opening you cake hole :x )

he's actually south african players player of the year, defender, which is disappointing unless he plays left back as i think we have enough in central defence, altho if this fella's comin in looks like perry might well be leaving.

i dunno mate, if were playing with wing backs and considering how often are cbs seem to be out i dont think another one would go amiss. The further perry and bunje are away from the first team the better as far as im concerned.

i think perry's alrite but i agree about bunje, altho hoddle seems to have him as our 'holding' midfielder now, altho he doesnt seem to like the tackling part of the game :roll:

loz said:
Two_blindmonkeys said:

he's actually south african players player of the year, defender, which is disappointing unless he plays left back as i think we have enough in central defence, altho if this fella's comin in looks like perry might well be leaving.

Yeah its a shame coz Mr Ed is qite a good player and is gunna be missed by me :(

he does give it his all and he does have some decent attributes but imo wev never looked solid defemsively when hes played. Under hoddle atleast. When ever hes in there the defence just seem all over the shop, plus on a few occasions wev conceded goals the likes of perry and thatcher have just looked completely out of their depth. Perhaps im not giving him a completely fair judgement but his performance against sunderland away sums it all up for me really.

Kezman has said he defo wont be signing for the spurs and the injury jinx has hit the lane again, with Bobby struggling to make the PSV game :x :roll:

hod has now said we never bid for kezman but he was actually offered to us several months ago.

faiers said:
hod has now said we never bid for kezman but he was actually offered to us several months ago.

its prob to do with the fact kezman said we lack ambition, which is true to a point, but staying in a3rd rate league is hardly the highlight iof any1's career, is it?

Fuk em. we dont need him it was all a load of sh-it anyway

the thing that gets me is why is hoddle doing the "i dont want him cos hes not good enough" thing he does to alot of strikers then they end up lookin wicked and score sht loads. i hope this dont happen but i think kezmen will play a blinder against us tommorow and make hoddle look like an idiot.

though im behind him on this one i dont want a big'ed in the team. Keaneo Zamora Postiga and i think one more none overated player who does less talking of how fukin great he is and just does the fukin job would see us in Europe this year.

FUK KEZMAN HE IS A TW-AT

Lucas Radebe on Spurs website talking about the SA lad we are gona sign

"I've watched him in a few matches now, and he's a talented defender," said the experienced defender. "He's going to be one of the best ever to come out of the country. He's already shown he's a leader. He not only leads by example, but he likes to be involved in everything regarding the team, and that's a very good sign.

"He's a big boy in terms of structure, and that is definitely going to help as the other players will take him seriously. I've heard him speak in camp. He's not as soft as some players. He's a bit bossy too, and what I've noticed in particular is that he commands the respect of most of the players in the squad.

"So I would say he has it all, and from what I have seen, there are very few areas in which he needs to improve. I don't think he will have any difficulties captaining South Africa. The more matches he plays, the better he will undoubtedly become."

sounds promising. :D

Loz i have a few questions for you?

Im now sorting out my £250.000 DreamTeam for the sun & I will be going for 2 Spurs players :shock:

Davies will be the first player on the team sheet at 3.5mil, but theres a few other spurs players on the cheap

Dean Richards 3.5mil, what do you reckon good season ahead? or should I go for King for 3.5mil??

Also up front Postiga is 3.0mil & Zamora is a bargin 2.0mil who do you think will be up front for spurs this season??

Im not sure If you know the rules for this but you can only have 2 players per team & a budget of 40mil

going on last seasons performance i wouldnt have any spurs defenders in the team, i'm guessing the more goals ya concede the more points ya lose?

postiga seems to have a lot of talent but i think he'll need a season to settle, same could be said of zamora as he has to adjust to a big step up, but if ya really wana go for one of them i go zamora as he's slightly cheaper and i think will play just as much as helder and looks like a natural goal scorer.

hope that helps, altho faiers and TBM might have a diff opinion :D

personally i reckon go for posti. Out of all the 'unknown' foreigners in the prem that have come in this summer id say hes probably favourite to do best. Theres a good chance it may take him time to settle but theres also a decent chance he might get 15 maybe even 20 plus goals this season. Its a risk, but a risk worth taking imo. Personally i would have thought he would definetly start atleast the majorty of games considering his price but i guess u dont know untill the season starts. Loz is right though, u really wanna avoid spurs defenders like the plague in these things. Although if zeige and carr are fit they get more goals and assists than are midfielders half the time.

Freddie Kanoute is finally set to join us, with Ethers goin in the opposite direction, which is a shame, but defo means we'll still be playing with wing backs again this season.

Club close in on Kanoute
2 Aug 2003 21:53

The Club has reached agreement with West Ham for the transfer of Frederic Kanoute - with midfielder Matthew Etherington set to move in the opposite direction.
Both deals are subject to medicals and the agreement of personal terms for both players. If these are successfully concluded, it is hoped that the transfers will be announced later this week.

The 6ft 3" inch Kanoute began his career at French club Lyon before initially making a loan switch to Upton Park in March 2000.

The 26-year-old signed for the Hammers in May of the same year and has since made 92 senior appearances in total - scoring 33 goals.

Etherington joined the club from Peterborough in 1999 and has made 51 appearances, scoring on two occasions.

tell me about it dazza :(

kanoute is a good player but imo we really dont need him. If we do get kanoute it would be unforgiveable if they failed to strengthen in other positions now.

Spurs have bought yet another injury prone player in kanoute bad move I feel & Ethers going the other way, well at least he'll be given the chance he deserves. West Hams gain & Spurs's Loss I feel :(

Kanoute is far to Injury Prone he'll proberly spend more time on the treatment table than Anderton does! He'll play 10 games then get injured for the following 20 games, then comes back for 5 games then out for another 20 :shock:

Who will start up front now 4 strikers Zamora, Kanoute, Postiga & Keane???

Freddie Kanoute - do we need another striker??? he spent more time on the treatment table than on the pitch last year (Reminds me of one of our players, who was so useless last year, he should bugger off).

i think we need four stikrers if we are to be consistent, most of the big teams have four quality forwards these days.

if that van bommel thing is true that would be brilliant, exactly the sort of player we need altho cant see it happening.

lost 2-0 to PSV today, Kezman didnt score but a little loss of confidence so close to start of the season might not be too good.

It wasn't that bad for a nothing friendly though.

Plus side:
Ricketts played superb in the second
Acomavic showed us some magic and hopefully he has settled and will take the Prem buy the nuts this year
Gardener marshelled Kezman( he looked Dollop buy the way)

Down side:
Anderton and davies went off with knocks
Postiga was avin a bad day at the office.
we never really looked like scoring.

It was a lovley day and before the match i had hade a couple of John smiths. the crowed were expecting a good game full of chances and seeing Postiga get his first goal at the lane. i must admit i missed the first 10 mins gettin a drink at the food counter but i wasn't dissapointed as we were 1-0 down after 2 minuets.

the game itself wasn't a showpeice but dispite most of the fans booing at the end i thought it was a good workout. i think people have forgotten PSV had only lost 4 games last year and won the dutch league. we passed the ball well and wern't out classed like all the Papers say we were.

i was most happy to see Ricketts play well he was a player that i hoped would get his chance along with Blondel and Jackson this season and if he plays like that every game we will have the Central midfeilder we've been lookin for. sure it was a friendly but he was class.

As far as dream team goes get Zamora coz he will be cheap like the budgie and will score 10+ goals atleast :twisted: (i hope :mrgreen: )

what formation did we play TBM?

i'm guessin 3 -5-2 still?

we're playing luton tonite with a pretty full team, and the SA dude is playin hopefully get a good game under his belt.

i dont know about Kanoute he sometimes plays well but he is also a bit like Anelka he is moody and all little bit selfish.I think spurs will need morethan Kanoute.

Back
Top Bottom