Sony PlayStation 4

Nba2k installed for me well before the end of the demo, I think halfway through the 3rd quarter. The commentary just suddenly sprang into life

Has anyone replaced the PS4 HD yet?

Is the HD 5400RPPM or 7200RPM, I am not that bothered too much about replacing the HD with one of a bigger size but will def replace the HD if it is 5400RPM.

Is the HD 5400RPPM or 7200RPM, I am not that bothered too much about replacing the HD with one of a bigger size but will def replace the HD if it is 5400RPM.
Must be 5400. Can't imagine Sony giving you 7200.

Both games are downloading through my US account so I'm imagining there's something not right there because I've downloaded Warframe etc fine on my EU account.

Are you using that unblock us dns on your PS4 US account? Since you said you're watching netflix that way on your PS4? Possibly that's why? Change it to what you normally have and it should be better again.

If I misunderstood then ignore this.

Last edited:
Must be 5400. Can't imagine Sony giving you 7200.

Are you using that unblock us dns on your PS4 US account? Since you said you're watching netflix that way on your PS4? Possibly that's why? Change it to what you normally have and it should be better again.

If I misunderstood then ignore this.

Nope, tried the ISP DNS, Unblock Us and Open DNS, no difference really. Well, open DNS was slower still.

I replaced mine. Stock is 5400rpm, I replaced it with a 1TB SSHD.

I got my console with Killzone in a bundle, but I find it really cheeky that the game box cover art has a large bit on the bottom saying 'product not for resale' or something like that. I had planned to play KZ then sell it on when I completed it.

It's not like in the old days where you'd get a game bundled with the console for free, the PS4 with KZ is £50 more expensive, meaning I paid full whack for the game. It even came in its own shrink wrapped case as normal, so they basically just threw the game into the console box. Why the fuck shouldn't I be entitled to sell it on?

You can sell it on. It's the retailers that not for resale refers to. This is why you may find it difficult to trade in anywhere, but you can sell it.

Nba2k installed for me well before the end of the demo, I think halfway through the 3rd quarter. The commentary just suddenly sprang into life

+2

From disc.

In relation to my thoughts on the system itself, I'm impressed with how quiet everything is and how quick the xmb is this time around. Also game loading is notably improved (in all except the sports games - unsurprisingly due to their millions of menus). It's a breath of fresh air. It also worked out the box with all my audio equipments and astro a40s for sound (haven't tried the mic yet though).

Looking forward to the resume game function.

Last edited:
Looks like it's a general issue with digital games, Google shows others experienced massive download times as well. That's me avoiding digital from now on then.

Coming from Steam, I really wanted to go digital but this puts me right off.

You can sell it on. It's the retailers that not for resale refers to. This is why you may find it difficult to trade in anywhere, but you can sell it.

A shop wouldn't accept it, and I think if you sold it to someone online they might have an issue with the game being clearly marked as a bundle copy.

I'd have no complaints if the game came with the console on some kind of offer, but it was charged to me at full price. I should have a full price, regular copy of the game box.

What internet speeds are people getting? On getting 1/3 of what I can get on PC
Just wondering if I need to configure my router and open ports?

A shop wouldn't accept it, and I think if you sold it to someone online they might have an issue with the game being clearly marked as a bundle copy.

I'd have no complaints if the game came with the console on some kind of offer, but it was charged to me at full price. I should have a full price, regular copy of the game box.

To be fair though you bought a console bundle with the Killzone packaging. Bundles like this almost always have a bundle copy included. My PS3 slim with Uncharted 3 bundle came with a bundle copy.

You don't need to sell Killzone anyway, there's plenty of hours of fun to be had. The campaign is a little generic, but the online is fun. Try the AVForums classified for a trade mate, I'm sure someone will be looking for a copy in the near future.

If the PS4 PSN is anything like it is on PS3 the downloads speeds are awful.
On steam I get download speeds of 15MB/S, on PSN I reckon I am lucky to get 500-750kbs a it takes forever to download a 1GB demo.

Out of the box, stuck the Ethernet cable in and downloaded BF4 on the upgrade program, so the full 30gb+ in about 30mins. I'd say full speed on my 60gb Virgin connection.

You sure it's not something to do with you downloading US stuff?

Not 100% sure myself but when i'm downloading from uk psn store, it's downloading a hell of a lot quicker than when from us store for me.

Got to be the US servers. Downloaded 1GB of BF4 in the last 25 mins. Only another 10GB left...

I got my console with Killzone in a bundle, but I find it really cheeky that the game box cover art has a large bit on the bottom saying 'product not for resale' or something like that. I had planned to play KZ then sell it on when I completed it.

It's not like in the old days where you'd get a game bundled with the console for free, the PS4 with KZ is £50 more expensive, meaning I paid full whack for the game. It even came in its own shrink wrapped case as normal, so they basically just threw the game into the console box. Why the fuck shouldn't I be entitled to sell it on?

Just stick it on Ebay and mention it's from a bundle, people will either bid or not, problem solved :)

My mate had the bundled copy of Killzone and it said not for resale, but he traded it in at GAME yesterday, he got £32 for it.

Nice! Okay I might try that once I've completed it. I'm actually really enjoying it but there's not much replay value once it's finished. I never really got into KZ multiplayer.

I'm going to London in the boxing week, and thinking about picking up a PS4 if I can find one - are they sold out in the UK now too, or would I have a chance at finding one? :)

I'm going to London in the boxing week, and thinking about picking up a PS4 if I can find one - are they sold out in the UK now too, or would I have a chance at finding one? :)

Pretty rare, I've not heard of barely anyone being able to walk into a shop and pick one up. Might change in the next few weeks though.

Think I will go digital more for games. I hate changing discs....

I'm not though paying £52 for a game, so does the downloading on the US store work?

Still waiting to get updated when my PS4 Mega Bundle will be dispatched from Amazon, spoke to some guy in India who said we'll be getting updated dispatch dates on our orders today/tomorrow, so we'll see...

Think I will go digital more for games. I hate changing discs....

I'm not though paying £52 for a game, so does the downloading on the US store work?

It does but PSN speeds from the US are horrendous. Don't expect to play for HOURS.

I might get FIFA digital and see my disc. That kind of game will have no resale value anyway and I'm used to Steam with no discs.

Can I assign multiple logins with one PSN account ot play online?

My account is fine but my son wants to play Fifa online too but I dont want to pay for 2 accounts like xbox live again.

Back
Top Bottom