Sony PlayStation 4

Go play Resogun right now, it's a blast.

I would but, I decided to sell my PS4. No DNLA support so decided to sell, I may or may not get one in the future, but will wait till at least DNLA support is added before buying one.

There is just no decent games available for it at present and game prices are 50-75% higher than I pay for PC games, so disappointed I won't be playing next gen FIFA but removing a massive key feature for me was just an absolute deal breaker in keeping the console.

Last edited:
I would but, I decided to sell my PS4. No DNLA support so decided to sell, I may or may not get one in the future, but will wait till at least DNLA support is added before buying one.

There is just no decent games available for it at present and game prices are 50-75% higher than I pay for PC games, so disappointed I won't be playing next gen FIFA but removing a massive key feature for me was just an absolute deal breaker in keeping the console.

:OOOH:

Good, you can sell it to Placebo so he stops crying!

Not settling for mediocrity, eh? I like that.

Not settling for mediocrity, eh? I like that.

Wouldn't say mediocrity, just removing an absolute key feature for me personally.
PS4 should have all the features of the previous model + more, but it will get there eventually with firmware updates.

So TBH will probably just buy a PS4 when my PS3 dies a death.

I liked the days when consoles (and games for that matter) were shipped with all their features intact and in working order rather than requiring day one patches or further down the line firmware updates before you got what you actually paid for.

Back when they released with fuck all features and stayed like that, you mean? Yeah, those were the days.

Well the PS4 is a massive let down on day one, I was saying that it should have all features of the PS3 + more.

Or am I missing a massive feature that the PS4 can do?

But also in regards to firmware updates that is something that has only really become available due to broadband and everyone having the internet, allows developers to release unfinished games and products lacking in features.

Last edited:
Well the PS4 is a massive let down on day one, I was saying that it should have all features of the PS3 + more.

Or am I missing a massive feature that the PS4 can do?

But also in regards to firmware updates that is something that has only really become available due to broadband and everyone having the internet, allows developers to release unfinished games and products lacking in features.

XBO is the same, both a step back (useful) feature wise from the 360 and most of the features/UI need fleshing out.

It will get there and when it does, it'll be awesome, but could be years off. Price of early adoption I guess.

XBO is the same, both a step back (useful) feature wise from the 360 and most of the features/UI need fleshing out.

It will get there and when it does, it'll be awesome, but could be years off. Price of early adoption I guess.

I really wanted the PS4 because of the exclusive games that will hopefully be available to it from Naughty Dog further down the line, and wanted to have one on launch to play next gen FIFA but unfortunately a killer feature is missing for me. I am not in the same boat though as everyone else as I already have next gen on my PC, but as for day one systems I am disappointed lack of new games on launch.

I really wanted the PS4 because of the exclusive games that will hopefully be available to it from Naughty Dog further down the line, and wanted to have one on launch to play next gen FIFA but unfortunately a killer feature is missing for me. I am not in the same boat though as everyone else as I already have next gen on my PC, but as for day one systems I am disappointed lack of new games on launch.

A separate multimedia player is not an option?

PS4 hasn't been a massive let down. I've loved every minute of it since it came out. It's a games console not a multimedia machine, and who cares if all the features aren't out on day one. I can play online, I can download from the store, I can upload videos, I can play offline games. It's not really that bad.

The console generation will go on another seven or so years at least, so there's plenty of time for extra stuff and added improvements.

PS4 hasn't been a massive let down. I've loved every minute of it since it came out. It's a games console not a multimedia machine, and who cares if all the features aren't out on day one. I can play online, I can download from the store, I can upload videos, I can play offline games. It's not really that bad.

The console generation will go on another seven or so years at least, so there's plenty of time for extra stuff and added improvements.

This

I have the feeling that due to the new architecture...

PS4 and Xbox One won't last that long. Maybe 3 or 4 years. I'm talking about these consoles, not the generation itself.

Because thanks to this architecture (x86), it will be easier to release updated hardware specs whilist retaining 100% compatibility with previous games. Similar to PC gaming, but obviously easier to the end user.

Think about iOS or Android, where you can run apps made for older devices. It's pretty much the same.

Last edited:
The PS4 for me has been perfection (touch wood). Great out the box and the games ive played have been superb.

Cant wait to see what the future brings. Anyway back to resogun........

Ditto.

Only thing I'm not real happy about is related to the controller - I've gone through four DS4s and the L1 buttons stick on each one after extensive FIFA play. Not to mention two DS4 showed slight wear on the analog sticks.

Other than that it's been awesome.

I have the feeling that due to the new architecture...

PS4 and Xbox One won't last that long. Maybe 3 or 4 years. I'm talking about these consoles, not the generation itself.

Because thanks to this architecture (x86), it will be easier to release updated hardware specs whilist retaining 100% compatibility with previous games. Similar to PC gaming, but obviously easier to the end user.

I would bet that this will not happen. The hardware base will be the same for the complete generation. And the graphic of the new gerneration is quite ok. it will take some time to get the maximum, but Ryse and aswell Killzone are already looking great on XB1 and PS4. The key is the massproduction of millions of consoles - this will keep the component prices low - a new graphic card will require new components and new design of the card itself and maybe of the console. I can hardly imagine that there will be XB1.5 or PS4.5 in let's say 4 years with better graphic-cards. The rest of the hardware seems capable enough to last the complete generation especially when compared to PS3 and XB360

Last edited:
Given the cost to Sony and MS in researching and developing these consoles, it's extremely unlikely they'll want to incur that cost again without first fully recouping their money. Why sell slightly more powerful consoles at a profit of $13-15 per unit in three years, sending out new devkits and annoying dev studios who will have hired and fired and budgeted according to the spec of these consoles, when they could be selling these current ones at $30-40 after a price cut?

Far better to spend that money and energy winning the VR headset, console-free, Gaikai-style spacerace we all anticipate.

Do people know that you can get a bunch of games for free in the store? Flower, War thunder, Warframe, Resogun, Contrast and DC Universe Online. Downloaded all of them, but I keep playing 2K14 for some reason. The game feels absolutely next gen and is probably the best sports game ever made (gameplay wise).

Do people know that you can get a bunch of games for free in the store? Flower, War thunder, Warframe, Resogun, Contrast and DC Universe Online. Downloaded all of them, but I keep playing 2K14 for some reason. The game feels absolutely next gen and is probably the best sports game ever made (gameplay wise).

Flower doesnt show up as free for me, got the others thoughm

The PS4 is amazing. Ive only really played FIFA 14 and have BF4 still to play, but I think there are problems with the online part of that so am waiting till thats fixed.

FIFA 14 replays are gorgeous! A small thing but it really makes you want to watch them over and over.

The PS4 itself is really quiet, my only gripe is my old PS3 Sony surround sound headset doesnt work with it and the one you get is naff. I hear that will be patched soon too, so all good.

Have they switched voucher code redemption back on? I have a 30 day PSN Plus voucher but couldn't use it due to the voucher codes being switched off since Friday.

For me the new consoles are okay. I was 30 when 360 came out and I'm now nearly 39. This will probably be my last console.
I spent £500 on launch day and now think I could've spent that money on something else. I'm not blown away as I was with the jump from Xbox to 360 or ps to ps2.
Maybe that's cos I'm older? I don't get a lot of time to game . So of you sound like you spend every free second gaming but I don't want to nor can do.

I imagine these new consoles will hit their best around 2 years time once developers start making great games and using the consoles to their max

Back
Top Bottom