Sony PlayStation 4

I tried hooking up my surround sound headphones and plugging in the mic, turns out it works perfectly. Awesome. I didn't think they were making this available until a patch. I can now do voice commands with just me headphones on :)

Anyone know if I can send a download to the PS4 through the website? Bought NBA 2k14 from Amazon US, redeemed it on the website and all fine on there but the PS4 isn't seeing the game. It's seeing Blacklight and Netflix as they were downloaded through the PS4 store itself but can't see the game.

I've tried updating licences, and even putting the code in again on the PS4 which then gives a message saying it was successful and a button to download the game. Which would be great if the button wasn't greyed out.

Anyone know if I can send a download to the PS4 through the website? Bought NBA 2k14 from Amazon US, redeemed it on the website and all fine on there but the PS4 isn't seeing the game. It's seeing Blacklight and Netflix as they were downloaded through the PS4 store itself but can't see the game.

I've tried updating licences, and even putting the code in again on the PS4 which then gives a message saying it was successful and a button to download the game. Which would be great if the button wasn't greyed out.

It might be the code is region locked, as the PSN codes are region locked too.

It might be the code is region locked, as the PSN codes are region locked too.

I've redeemed it onto my US account, should've mentioned that.

As I say, it shows fine on the US account website, but the US account on the PS4 isn't picking it up yet.

I know Sony are having problems with PSN and redeeming codes so hopefully it'll fix itself at some point but just wondered if there's a way of forcing a download from the website. I know the XBox 360 could set games to download remotely and they'd download next time you turned the console on.

I had no idea until today but yeah, there are loads of websites saying the PS4 runs miles quieter when horizontal. If you put it vertical, you're basically blocking one of its two side vents, making the fan work much harder.

Did you have yours vertical when you first noticed your fan issue?

No, I've only had mine sitting horizontal.

I keep meaning to test mine out further playing Killzone since I moved it to a more ventilated location, but I keep getting sucked into FIFA instead.

I'm also tempted to hold off playing Killzone anymore in the hopes that they release a patch to upgrade the AI, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking.

I've redeemed it onto my US account, should've mentioned that.

As I say, it shows fine on the US account website, but the US account on the PS4 isn't picking it up yet.

I know Sony are having problems with PSN and redeeming codes so hopefully it'll fix itself at some point but just wondered if there's a way of forcing a download from the website. I know the XBox 360 could set games to download remotely and they'd download next time you turned the console on.

is it anything to do with not having the US account as the primary account then it passes through to the uk account.

something I read not done it myself.

I wouldn't mind getting this sort of stuff cheaper if possible.
Netflix us. are you using some sort of dns app?

is it anything to do with not having the US account as the primary account then it passes through to the uk account.

something I read not done it myself.

I wouldn't mind getting this sort of stuff cheaper if possible.
Netflix us. are you using some sort of dns app?

You can have as many primary accounts as you want on a console, but the account can only have one primary console so all fine on that end.

I've not actually tried Netflix US on the PS4 yet but I pay for Unblock Us so I'd need to enter their DNS details to use it.

Well, I think I've come to the conclusion that Amazon have sent me a PS3 code instead of PS4.

Just bought the PS3 digital version of BF4, redeemed it on the PS4 and got the same screen I mentioned earlier. Code redeems fine, a greyed out download button. Which makes sense seeing as I know it's for a PS3 game. I then bought the $10 upgrade code and suddenly the download button lights up.

Which makes me think Amazon have ballsed up and sent the wrong code. And I've now used the code so not sure where I stand now :(

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/ps4-but-only-...cm_cd_dp_tp_cq?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00GT3PEM6

FFS! Nice one, Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think I've come to the conclusion that Amazon have sent me a PS3 code instead of PS4.

Just bought the PS3 digital version of BF4, redeemed it on the PS4 and got the same screen I mentioned earlier. Code redeems fine, a greyed out download button. Which makes sense seeing as I know it's for a PS3 game. I then bought the $10 upgrade code and suddenly the download button lights up.

Which makes me think Amazon have ballsed up and sent the wrong code. And I've now used the code so not sure where I stand now :(

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/ps4-but-only-...cm_cd_dp_tp_cq?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00GT3PEM6

FFS! Nice one, Amazon.

Remember when you call to put on a good American Accent

Just read that you can use PayPal to add funds to your US account. With US games being $59.99 on the US store, I might start going digital more.

can always sell on the physical discs though. suppose that's why they will make digital more attractive. I do prefer playing without a disc though.

I need to get into this Netflix usa stuff. you got any links to a guide for this dags

can always sell on the physical discs though. suppose that's why they will make digital more attractive. I do prefer playing without a disc though.

I need to get into this Netflix usa stuff. you got any links to a guide for this dags

Depends if the games will have a resale value, really.

No particular guide needed but Unblock Us has instructions on its site for how to add the DNS settings to consoles etc. It's pretty straightforward.

Depends if the games will have a resale value, really.

No particular guide needed but Unblock Us has instructions on its site for how to add the DNS settings to consoles etc. It's pretty straightforward.

does this not affect online gaming latency?

does this not affect online gaming latency?

No idea, I've not used it on my PC or anything. We've just got the DNS added onto our WDTV Live so we can watch US Netflix on the TV.

Got the digital version of Battlefield 4 and the install is an absolute piss-take. I'm not joking when I say the full install is going to take 10 hours or something stupid. 30MB internet so that's not the issue but it's downloading 1% every 15 mins, maybe longer. Ridiculous.

At least I can use Remote Play on the Vita to see when the percentage bothers to move without having the PS4 screen constantly on my monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
NBA 2k14 managed 3% in the time it took to play the whole demo match. Checking my network status, it's only using 1/3 of my internet speed. Something's not right with the PS4 as my PC maxes out my connection, both wired to the router.

i would expect it points to PSN more than anything. can you check the LAN of the PS4 is working correctly.

not sure you can local file transfer between the two

i would expect it points to PSN more than anything. can you check the LAN of the PS4 is working correctly.

not sure you can local file transfer between the two

Both games are downloading through my US account so I'm imagining there's something not right there because I've downloaded Warframe etc fine on my EU account.

Back
Top Bottom