Sony PlayStation 4 PRO

I've read somewhere that FIFA 17 is PS4 Pro ready. What does this mean? Somehow a bit sharper?

It means it will run at 4k.

60fps during gameplay with usual ugly lods
30fps duri g replay, free/penalty/goal kick, cut scenes with nice LoDs as usual.

Fifa 17 can do 4k even on GTx 960 and afaik Ps4 Pro is better than Gtx 970. So its gonna do Fifa 17 4k just fine.

And its probably 4k ready because it already has PC port, so variable resolution in both Ps4 and Xbone was always available since Fifa 15.

Hopefully, they will also patch Fifa 15 and 16.

Doesn't it mean it is ready with the 4k capabilities etc installed on the disc, not a separate patch you need to download like for earlier games?

It seems like the PRO is not out in Dubai now until 17th so sod it, am getting the US one.

Interesting article. I'm always hyped about this stuff. It makes me want to go out and buy Samsung Quantum dot 4k/hdr tv.
But thinking about the content currently available I'm keeping my money in my pocket a little while longer.
Both that tv and the ps4 pro ARE going to be purchased, but for now I can hold my breath a little longer and see what coming in the next few months.

The transferring of data is great and simple.

Doubt I'm going to have any time to play tonight though sadly.

I've only got ten mins to play before bed so put tomb raider on.

In the in game pause menu you choose the graphics setting you want and it changes instantly. Really cool to compare at the touch of a button.

It's honestly stunning in 4K and even without hdr which I don't have it looks great.

As a gamer in his 30's it's fucking mental how good games look now, and if this is now the norm, and you are a big gamer, can't see why you wouldn't buy this.

Just got the ole email from Best Buy telling me my PRO is ready for pick-up on Thursday.
wank.gif

Last edited:
Still don't get if it's worth buying .

Looking at the fact that games do have to be patched to get a performance increase - at this moment in time it looks like the PRO is not worth buying.

However I would suspect that 90% of games released in the future will get some sort of graphical upgrade - either 60FPS mode or better graphics @30FPS.

So if your on the fence at the moment give it 6 months the console will be cheaper and hopefully majority of games will be patched.

Last edited:
It's ok, ive pre ordered it so I may as well and my brother been diagnosed with cancer yet again so I'm in full don't give a fuck mode.

Really sorry to hear that Jay, best wishes to your brother, my sister is now 6 years clear from tongue cancer, vile fucking disease. The good news is that we're finally seeing proper research into THC/CBD which is being proven to kill cancer (makes the cells suicide) http://reset.me/study/study-cannabidiol-cbd-kills-breast-cancer-cells/ hopefully the research and proven results will continue and more and more people can find treatment regimes that save their lives.

I think everyone has these day's , this is the third time he's had it now in as many years. one of my other brothers has also had it and I have 80% chance of getting it too. Anyway fuck cancer who's excited about tomorrow ?

I think everyone has these day's , this is the third time he's had it now in as many years. one of my other brothers has also had it and I have 80% chance of getting it too. Anyway fuck cancer who's excited about tomorrow ?

They reckon in 10 years 1 in every 2 will get some form of it.

back to consoles.......Argos should be delivering tomorrow and that's lucky as its wifes day off and she is under strict instruction not to leave the house until it arrives!

They reckon in 10 years 1 in every 2 will get some form of it.

The sooner cannabis research is authorised world wide the better, an Israeli scientist discovered THC was killing cancer cells in rats in the 60s, 50 years later cannabis research is still in its infancy, absolutely ludicrous, there's a reason all mammals have cannabinoid receptors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor

I paid for my Pro yesterday so just have to pick it up tomorrow.

Going to do it first thing. Haven't had a console to play since last Friday and I am fed up with shit TV of an evening. Plus we're in an international break so I can't even enjoy the footy.

Anyone know if I have to tinker with any settings for 4K/better visuals or will it do it automatically?

First off sorry to hear about your brother Jaygrim I wish him all the best..

I paid for my Pro yesterday so just have to pick it up tomorrow.

Going to do it first thing. Haven't had a console to play since last Friday and I am fed up with shit TV of an evening. Plus we're in an international break so I can't even enjoy the footy.

Anyone know if I have to tinker with any settings for 4K/better visuals or will it do it automatically?

If you let me know what TV you have I can possibly give you the recommended picture settings.

At Which? we had a professional come over and check the best settings on loads of TV's and we may well have your TV in the database.

Otherwise for the PS4 it should be optimised out the box and no settings need changing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom