Sony PlayStation 4 PRO

My PS4 is also on his legs and it's already my second (the first one broke down after less than a year and i got a new one for free).

Maybe i'll buy a new one...but i have to agree with placebo.

Sony, Micrfosoft, Apple...they have virtual monopolies and they have all the power...
Well if you have a gaming PC your not stuck with consoles especially the xbone as many xbone games are coming to the PC now

Thanks for your advice, jonney, but i don't like PC gaming, i'm not very good with PC's (understatement).
My son is playing much on PC these days (mostly shooters, don't like that much, i know, i'm getting old).

Frankly PS4 is a rip off, but i can afford it (not that i'm rich).

Any of you lads thinking about getting PSVR?

Looks and sounds alright but the fast moving games worry me somewhat... I don't want to barf everytime I play DriveClub VR for 10 minutes!

Eww, I rather get even a xbox one instead of Steam machines.

Steam machines are thevmost stupidest thibg I've ever seen

Windows Pc, PlayStation and Xbox are better than this sorry ass steam machine.

Ive just done some research on this...

Why is the Xbox one S (which is also a 4K player) only £249 and £279 with FIFA17 yet the PRO is £349 (and not a blu ray player)?
Only thing it could be is that the PRO is 1TB and the XB1S is 500GB - Is an extra 500gb really worth £100 more?
Anything else making the PRO £100 more than the Scorpio??

I thought the XB1S was a 4k player as well but the PS4 Pro wasn't? It cant play 4K Blu rays where as the XB1S can??

Both PRO and Xbox One S can display in 4k.

The Xbox One S has a 4K bluray the PRO doesn't - Massive error on the part of Sony.

The Xbox One S upscales the games from 720/1080p as the Xbox One S is not powerful enough to run anything in 4k.

The PRO will have most games running in 1080 or 1440 upscaled to 4K.
The PRO will have a couple of games running in 4K resolution - PES will be one but will more likely run @30FPS.
The PRO if games are patched will run at higher graphical settings - probably moving from equivalent of PC running at LOW(Current PS4) to MED/HIGH settings(PRO).

Last edited:
Both PRO and Scorpio can display in 4k.

The Scorpio has a 4K bluray the PRO doesn't - Massive error on the part of Sony.

The Scorpio upscales the games from 720/1080p as the Scorpio is not powerful enough to run anything in 4k.

The PRO will have a couple of games running in 4K resolution - PES will be one but will more likely run @30FPS.
The PRO if games are patched will run at higher graphical settings - probably moving from equivalent of PC running at LOW(Current PS4) to MED/HIGH settings(PRO).
PES 17 will most likely be 30fps in cutscenes and replays while 60fps during gameplay. These games can easily be run by a potato.

Having 1440p games is more important than 720p games and 4k movies. What the hell will I do with 4k movies while it looks way too compressed. Everything looks blurry below 50 mbits quality

Both PRO and Scorpio can display in 4k.

The Scorpio has a 4K bluray the PRO doesn't - Massive error on the part of Sony.

The Scorpio upscales the games from 720/1080p as the Scorpio is not powerful enough to run anything in 4k.

"The Scorpio upscales the games from 720/1080p as the Scorpio is not powerful enough to run anything in 4k."

The Scorpio is far faster graphics wise than the Pro - Scorpio 6.0 T/flops v 4.2 T/flops of the Pro.

The Scorpio is only 0.5 T/flops slower than a 1070GTX. If anything, the Scorpio will have more 4k games than the Pro.

"The Scorpio upscales the games from 720/1080p as the Scorpio is not powerful enough to run anything in 4k."

The Scorpio is far faster graphics wise than the Pro - Scorpio 6.0 T/flops v 4.2 T/flops of the Pro.

The Scorpio is only 0.5 T/flops slower than a 1070GTX. If anything, the Scorpio will have more 4k games than the Pro.

Sorry I just assumed the way they were talking about the Scorpio they meant the Xbox One S.

I have edited the post and changed it all to Xbox One S.

There are no specs released yet on the Scorpio only rumours.. But given the current generation is such a load of shite Microsoft won't make the same mistake twice by releasing a 3 year old mid range PC as a console.

Mark Cerny spoke to Eurogamer about the hardware, really interesting. Whether it can output 4K natively or not, the tricks make it sound like it's worth a purchase (to me, obviously - I doubt it'll win any of the doubters over).

Eurogamer - Inside PlayStation 4 Pro

A lot of that is speculation. The PS4 Pro has a max of 8.4 teraflops according to that article above. Seems like it's a beast of a machine for $400.00.

Last edited:
A lot of that is speculation. The PS4 Pro has a max of 8.4 teraflops according to that article above. Seems like it's a beast of a machine for $400.00.

The article above states 4.2 T/flops of GPU power like I stated. It's also stated in the official specification on the official Sony website. No idea where you got 8.4 from. That would make the the Pro 25% faster than a Titan X.

Guys, consoles should dtart aiming for 60fps. Back in Sega Genesis era, 60fps was standard. Who the fak came with 30fps idea?

I would rather 1080 60fps upscaled to 4k instead of 4k 30 fps. Period.

The article above states 4.2 T/flops of GPU power like I stated. It's also stated in the official specification on the official Sony website. No idea where you got 8.4 from. That would make the the Pro 25% faster than a Titan X.

From the article.
"One of the features appearing for the first time is the handling of 16-bit variables - it's possible to perform two 16-bit operations at a time instead of one 32-bit operation," he says, confirming what we learned during our visit to VooFoo Studios to check out Mantis Burn Racing. "In other words, at full floats, we have 4.2 teraflops. With half-floats, it's now double that, which is to say, 8.4 teraflops in 16-bit computation. This has the potential to radically increase performance."

May want to check out this video too. Starts at 2:13

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom