Sony PlayStation 4 PRO

I need to buy one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OFFICIAL-...803111?hash=item4d4d3508e7:g:ljQAAOSwvg9XbWQc

probably a stupid question - will these work with the PRO?
Are the controllers different?

thanks
The slim and the Pro controllers are different, in design, but they function the same way - so there's no reason why that wouldn't still work (and Sony keep repeating how important it is that you can use all the same PS4 accessories with the new ones).

I don't really like the new ones because I don't want to be distracted by a pointless light pointing towards me all the time. The rear ones are distracting enough as it is, they serve no purpose other than for VR tracking.

SOURCE: Gamespot.com

The new dualshock controllers too me feel exactly the same.

The only difference is the really stupid light on the front of the controller - which would only be cool if I was playing Knight Rider.

The only difference is the really stupid light on the front of the controller - which would only be cool if I was playing Knight Rider.
I was going to trade in the controller that comes with the PS4 Pro because I really don't like that light being at the front (it will give me headaches). However, I'll be trading in the old PS4 at some point over the next couple of weeks and they won't take it without a controller, so it looks like I'll be stuck with it.

I only have the new ones now..

I sold my Batman PS4 as got a crazy offer I couldn't turn down and then bought the Slim one when all the stupid crazy offers were on a couple of weeks ago.
Will sell it as soon as the PRO arrives through the door or couple of days before so I don't get shafted price wise.

My Tesco pre-order was cancelled - so now getting it for £332.49 from Amazon.

I ordered my Pro on Sunday (Argos) and I got automated message saying that it will be delivered tomorrow? Cant be right.

Very tempted to buy this one, but I would need a 4k/hdr tv as well.
I'm not complaining about that but I'd have to discuss it at home with the ministry of war.

I don't think a 4K TV will be a must.. Even less so since Sony skimped on a 4K bluray.

The PS4 Pro needs to get games to run at a higher graphical level and run @60FPS, that is the must for me.

I have a 4K monitor for my PC and I can't play hardly any games in 4K, FIFA plays perfect maxed out in 4K.

Last edited:
Ok, so perhaps no 4k tv yet then which is fine with me. I can wait a little longer which drives down the price.
Question : if I buy the pro, what difference will I see on my 55inch Samsung full hd led tv?

Question : if I buy the pro, what difference will I see on my 55inch Samsung full hd led tv?

I could potentially post a video of what I would think the difference would be..

As at present the PS4 displays games in what I would say is low to medium PC settings - If patched correctly the PS4 Pro might be able to run Medium to High settings.
But this is also all dependent on what is the priority 30FPS and better graphics or 60FPS.

I could potentially post a video of what I would think the difference would be..

Definitely interested in such a video. Better framerate is a nice win already and if graphics improve without buying a new tele then it sounds very interesting indeed.

Likewise. Opening (and sniffing) a brand new console never gets old.:D First game I will be playing on it? A 5 year old game called Skyrim.:WHISTLE:

You're counting down the days too? :D

Booked the day off, can't wait (though I've got the dentists at 9am, that'll wake me up).

On Sat ill clear my PS4 of all its data and shove it on ebay. Its only 2 years old (had XB1 for a year before when the new consoles came out) so its in good nick.

On Sat ill clear my PS4 of all its data and shove it on ebay. Its only 2 years old (had XB1 for a year before when the new consoles came out) so its in good nick.
I think a lot of people will be doing the same - no idea how to get the best value out of mine. Saying that, I find CEX usually give you roughly the same as you'd get off eBay once you take out the fees, so I'll probably end up doing that.

Sold mine on ebay about 3 weeks ago. Bought it 2 years ago for $399.00 and sold it (like new condition) for $270.00, which i was quite happy with.

I sold my Batman PS4 for £250 2/3 weeks ago with an extra controller.

The problem is with all the current amazing deals on the PS4 available in the UK at the moment, the value of a PS4 right now must be pretty low.

id take £150 for mine. Headsets never been used (might even have 2 somehow!). One controller only.
question - I take it when you log in on the pro your PS sub just carries over?

question - I take it when you log in on the pro your PS sub just carries over?
Yes, it's a normal PS4 and you use all the normal accounts and accessories. It's just that it's more powerful (and the controllers now have a light on the front).

Confirmed details of games getting patches:-

Titanfall 2
Producer Drew McCoy explained in an interview that the PS4 Pro version of Titanfall 2 will not run in native 4K. However, the console's extra power should help the game stick closer to its 60FPS target.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
PS4 Pro with a 4K display:
4K resolution and graphical improvements.

The Elder Scrolls Online
Increased graphical fidelity running in native 4K resolution.

PS4 Pro with a 1080p display:
Increased graphical fidelity.

Fallout 4
Bethesda said it expects the game to "take advantage of the PS4 Pro in 4K along with enhanced lighting and graphics features," but didn't provide any further specifics.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Super sampling anti-aliasing.

NBA 2K17
Native 4K resolution running at 60 FPS with HDR support.

2K confirmed to GameSpot that it will still render a 4K resolution even on a 1080p display. The company said this should result in "much better anti-aliasing" with HDR support.

Paragon
Enhanced visual effects, procedural ground cover, higher scene complexity, greater texture fidelity, and dynamic reflections.

Thumper
4K resolution with no upscaling. PlayStation VR will see improved rendering quality at the same 90 FPS as the regular PS4.

The Witness
1440p resolution or possibly higher upscaled to 4K with a consistent 60 FPS. Text, menus, and other UI will be set at native 4K.

1080p resolution instead of 900p and increased antialiasing quality from 2x to 4x MSAA, while keeping a solid 60 FPS.

Killing Floor 2
1800p checkboard rendering on 4K TV (3200x1800) optimized for 4K TVs.

Increased framerate and supersampling, as well as increased texture resolutions (which may also be present at 4K).

Battlezone
PS4 Pro:
The 1.02 patch released on October 27 adds increased super-sampling resolution, improved dynamic lighting in the Cobra cockpit, and increased reflective lighting resolution. It's unclear at this point how these improvements are applied on 1080p and 4K displays.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Improved textures and a "dynamic" 4K resolution while maintaining the standard 60 FPS frame rate.

PS4 Pro Games with Unconfirmed Details
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  • Days Gone
  • Dishonored 2
  • Farpoint (PlayStation VR)
  • FIFA 17
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • For Honor
  • Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn