Sky+HD

I've got a 32" also, you'll definitely notice the difference.

Now it is free I still need to know whether or not the £10 a month extra plus £60 installation is worth it over normal Sky +. Is the picture really that much better? I watch a lot of football so much does HD enhance it?

Cheers in advance..

If you watch a lot of football then I would definitely recommend it. I didn't appreciate how shit football games looked in SD until I got my HD box. Also, you can unofficially get ITV HD with the HD box, which is great for Champions League and England games, and particularly as ITV's standard def picture quality is appalling. It's like watching through the bottom of a milk bottle.

If you have the Sky Sports subscription you will also get Eurosport HD which was great for the African Nations Cup recently.

Also i didn't know E4 had a HD channel, they must have added it recently

E4 HD went live on the 14th of December.

As you said Coopz, I also find that I will watch any crap just because its HD.

If in doubt just flick between Sky Sports 1 and HD1.

My TV downstairs is a 32", but shit one made by Lexsor or something, (Mum bought it when I wasn't present! :BRICK:), and even on that I can clearly tell the difference between HD and SD.

If in doubt just flick between Sky Sports 1 and HD1.

Yeah if your ever in any doubt on how much better HD is just switch between these when footy is on

I have done it many a time to show my friends the difference :LOL:

All sports look great but for me the NFL blows them all away.

hockey is by far IMO the best sport on HD... i thought the liverpool vs everton match that we got on espn HD on saturday was just as good looking as the superbowl in HD

Sky has confirmed plans to launch Sky Sports 4 HD and the Hallmark Channel HD on its satellite television platform.

The channel launches, along with today's announcement of the April arrival of ITV1 HD, brings Sky close to the milestone of 40 HD channels. The firm now plans to grow its HD lineup to 50 by Christmas.

Link

:COOL:

Even though its still 4:3, Hallmark is one of my most watched channels.

Psych, Monk, SVU, Criminal Intent, Law and Order are some of my favourites.

Five HD launching in the Summer, I'm hoping Comedy Central HD isn't far off.

There will be no need for customers to upgrade their set-top boxes to access to the new 3D channel, as all existing Sky+HD boxes are already ‘3D Ready’. However, customers will need a new 3D Ready TV, which are expected to be on sale in the UK during 2010. More details on the channel, including timing, pricing and packaging will be provided in due course.

Back
Top Bottom