Sky+HD

kevano22

TDWFYU
2 August 2003
I have tried searching for settings for the best picture quality for Sky+HD for my Samsung TV

Just wondering if any of you have any recommendations for the best picture quality?

Disney Cinemagic HD has launched and SCI FI HD and MTV HD are in currently in testing.

Champions League in HD on Sky is good but it all depends on where the match is being broadcasted from. ive noticed a few games streamed from Italy arent in HD or at least it doesnt look as good as say a game from Old Trafford.... maybe due to how far the picture has to travel before we get it?

Depends if Sky are using their own cameras, or using another companies, i.e. an Italian companies, which are probably not as good as Sky's.

It definately has nothing to do with the distance, NFL games look fantastic in HD.

As you say its probably down to the equipment.

Champions League in HD on Sky is good but it all depends on where the match is being broadcasted from. ive noticed a few games streamed from Italy arent in HD or at least it doesnt look as good as say a game from Old Trafford.... maybe due to how far the picture has to travel before we get it?

Probably down to the fact that Sky won't pay for the HD broadcasts. I know Italy do have their own SkyHD and of course Sky Sports HD channels, so whether their Champions League matches are shown in HD over there I don't know.

Oh and for Spanish games, it seems they haven't embraced HD at all, or something. I remember the Barca v United game made the Nou Camp look glorious in HD.

I read somewhere about Sky on;y having one studio set up for HD broadcasts, so they just dont bother with Spanish Football. Therefore we don't know if the Spanish have HD sports channels. Maybe a Spanish forum member can enlighten us?

It definately has nothing to do with the distance, NFL games look fantastic in HD.

As you say its probably down to the equipment.

I never seem to be able to catch an NFL game in HD.

Is it only the live games that get shown, cause the highlights are never in HD, despite being on the HD channel.

The first one or the second one?

I'd wager if they showed them both, then the first one looked way better.

I remember seeing some BBC HD footage of the World Cup in 2006, and some of their early HD programmes, and they've clearly been cost cutting on equipment because the stuff nowadays isn't a patch on the stuff from back then.

I never manage to catch NFL on Sky in HD though. I know they surely do broadcast the games, but you never see the highlights in it as I said.

The Monday and Thursday night games are in HD and 5.1, all the playoff games this year will also be in HD along with the Superbowl.

Also the Spanish are slow to embrace HD, its sad that they still give us an ugly (with the exception of one Spanish broadcaster whom I can't remember) 4:3 picture in this day and age.

There is a huge backlog of orders for Sky HD at the moment and there are not enough trained engineers to do the work. Sky and its partner companies are looking at recruiting and training lots of new people over the next couple of months in order to cope with the demand

There is a huge backlog of orders for Sky HD at the moment and there are not enough trained engineers to do the work. Sky and its partner companies are looking at recruiting and training lots of new people over the next couple of months in order to cope with the demand
Might have to apply for that, the job im doing at the moment sucks.

Back
Top Bottom