Sky+HD

ESPN HD does something weird with the sound through Sky at least. In every match my amp will at some point switch as though the sound input had changed - from what to what I don't know but it only happens during ESPN matches and normally at least once a half. Tut.

I blame Iceland.

I've noticed that too, its been going on for a while.

Sometimes it sounds like the volume of the commentators mics has been raised, other times I don't have a clue what it does but something in the sound definitely changes.

Right, Hamburg v Fulham on ESPN HD, says it's Dolby Digital, but there is definitely no sound coming from either of the rear speakers.

The graphics on Sky News are very nice, some of the text is too small though.

ITV are broadcasting in plain stereo while the BBC are broadcasting in DD5.1, pathetic!

ESPN America HD launches June 21st. :COOL:

EDIT: Another goal missed by ITV :RANT:

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that about the Dolby Digital, tobi. The matches on BBC sound great in Dolby Digital 5.1, but for the matches on ITV I have to have in Dolby Pro Logic 5.1 and it sounds no where near as good.

Oh yeah, and let's add the fact that the England match on ITV wasn't even in HD for fucks sake! It was just a simulcast of the ITV feed. Absolute bollocks.

What a fuck up from ITV

It was like it was perfectly timed to miss a goal, cunts

I was looking forward to Five HD until I read that the new season of CSI Miami wont be in HD because they don't have the rights :BRICK:

Apparently only Neighbours, Home and Away and old Greys Anatomy will be in HD at launch.

They have the first run rights to all the CSI's yet Living and Hallmark somehow have HD rights for their CSI shows..

Natalie Sawyer in HD :DD

I was looking forward to Five HD until I read that the new season of CSI Miami wont be in HD because they don't have the rights :BRICK:

Apparently only Neighbours, Home and Away and old Greys Anatomy will be in HD at launch.

They have the first run rights to all the CSI's yet Living and Hallmark somehow have HD rights for their CSI shows..

Natalie Sawyer in HD :DD

...and Europa League in HD? Do C5 still have the rights this year?

I would imagine so, ESPN have some games too but I think Five have first pick so the EPL teams will feature there instead of ESPN.

kvillehd.png

I grabbed this from the AV forums.

:BRICK:

Nothing to do with ITV, it's showing two DOG'S on the screen, very distracting.

E4 HD is even worse when T4 is on... watching Smallville in the morning, Big E4 HD "DOG" and then the T4 logo right in the 4:3 aspect ratio.

It doesn't help when trying to convince people of the benefits of HD either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom