Saints Row 2

Well i played it more last night and its awesome

I tried customising a car and fuck me there is alot of options, im loving the story as well but i find myself just driving around finding better clothes and jewellery shops :LOL: and then i hold em up after and rob there safe ;)).

There is more stuff as well but i always forgot the day after, crusing listening to tunes like murder she wrote and old school Hall & Oates/out of touch is great :))

Proxi im not in it far enough yet to get a sniper, as i say im spending most of my time cruising around finding shops, which reminds me i went to the shop bought a blunt then when to a nightclub and sparked it up on the dance floor and people stopped dancing, stepped back and just walked off the dance floor muttering haha. when you get this goto a club and check out people dancing there is some crazy white guys dancing and its funny as fuck as is spraying people with pepper spray and tazering them ;))

All the features do sound great, and a lot of fun.

However, I haven't heard anything yet about how much of these things you can do online in a "free mode" so to speak. Hope it isn't like GTA4 with a clear lack of activities to do together online.

One thing that does bother me is the body physics when playing. From the videos, impacts into bodies with cars etc look dated, and I was hoping the chainsaw would actually cut limbs off, not just create a fountain of blood from a vibrating victim who then flops to the floor intact. It seems lazy on this side, leaving out common-sense animations and physics when they've obviously put a lot of effort into other features, which do sound top banana.

It looks on video (Youtube is packed with "games testers" videos now ;)) to be a game featuring the physics of GTA Vice City, the graphics of a souped up San Andreas and the features of something new and fresh. Put all that together and I'm probably just gonna rent it.

Thats the most disappointing thing really

if they had euphoria in it then it would be stunning but as it is it looks pretty ordinary

yesterday i ran someone over and he got stuck through the bonnet with his legs sticking up in the air while i was driving :LOL:

Just had another quality part of the story

Its full of action it has a twist that you wont expect in it, well its just like a film really. Its part of the Ronin missions and you will know what im talking about when you see it

Its better if you know the story of the first Saints Row as well because for once a game is a proper sequel and there is alot of references back to the first

Just bought 2 copies - 1 to play and 1 to trade in. Gamestation offer £25 for new games if traded withing a week of release so i should be quids in.

Just bought 2 copies - 1 to play and 1 to trade in. Gamestation offer £25 for new games if traded withing a week of release so i should be quids in.

Done exactly the same mate.........

I bet Tesco cancels all the orders though, cause there will be some people who order 50 copies etc.

they accept wrapped games? most of the stores i know don't, "might be stolen goods" :BLEH::CONFUSE:

I was just about to post a link to Tesco but no need now, one slightly disturbing thing is the fact that it said dispatch on the 17th.

Still as we're getting it for less than half price I guess I can live with that.

Or go buy it full price then return the sealed Tesco copy!

I bet Tesco cancels all the orders though, cause there will be some people who order 50 copies etc.

I think that if you have ordered it they have to honour it?

Last edited:
I've heard stuff before about Tesco going back on reduced price deals, cancelling mistakenly priced products etc.

They've changed the price to £39 now and it's out of stock. Time to chew nails for a few of you?

If they don't honour it I'll just cancel, I know for a fact that if they have it on the shelves for that price they have to honour it.

I hope so but I was going to get this anyway so....

Yeah

i have played it for 13 hours and only done about 6 missions :LOL:

i get sidetracked with all the other bits and pieces. At the minute im into the Hitman missions, some you have to phone people up and wait for them and other you go to certain areas and do certain stuff for them to come out

Its great

Better than GTA4 then Coopz? Is there more to do? Is the story as good?

Alot better for me yeah, its better because there is more to do so your never bored on it and i think the story is great so far with twists and turns. Its probably because its a sequel so you just pick up where you left off and try and claim the city back.

I don't know how its gonna work later on though because i am concentrating on one gang at a time (which isnt really progressing the story as such, its more about that gang) so it may be like a seperate story for each gang then it all ties in when you get so far or just when you have done them all. But i have only played 6 or so missions so i have a long way to go

I still aint finished GTA yet and probably never will now, the story in GTA didn't grab me at all in the end

Yeah

i have played it for 13 hours and only done about 6 missions :LOL:

i get sidetracked with all the other bits and pieces. At the minute im into the Hitman missions, some you have to phone people up and wait for them and other you go to certain areas and do certain stuff for them to come out

Its great

Excellent, love the hitman missions.

Blowing up a walking hotdog with a grenade. Nice.

Can you still customise the crap out of cars??

Just spoke to a loveley woman called Irene at Tesco's and she said that if you ordered the game at that price then you get it for that price!

NICE! :)

Please do, didn't even think about customising the bikes! Nice, looking forward to getting this Friday, especially as only paid 16 buck for it!!

GTA got a little too up it's own arse last time out, it seemed to insist upon itself.

R* took all the fun out of the game but SR2 address that and makes free roaming fun again.

Last edited:
Excellent, love the hitman missions.

Blowing up a walking hotdog with a grenade. Nice.

Can you still customise the crap out of cars??

Just spoke to a loveley woman called Irene at Tesco's and she said that if you ordered the game at that price then you get it for that price!

NICE! :)

Tesco are good like that i saved £300 pound on a 37" they were only meant to reduce by £150 because they made a mistake

Back
Top Bottom