Saints Row 2

Oli

Gooner
1 September 2002
London
Arsenal
The game will continue the story of the first game with "a much darker and more sinister story that leads your character down a path of betrayal, revenge and redemption against the city that has left him for dead."
The entire single player campaign will be playable in online and local play co-operative mode. New vehicles include boats, motorcycles, helicopters and planes. The player will be able to use limpet mines on cars, walls, and other surfaces as well. There will also be changes to Stilwater, including expansion of the west side of the city. The game will include additional weather effects. Pedestrians will be much more responsive to both environmental stimuli (such as opening umbrellas at the sign of rain) to possibly crowding around someone that has just been shot, allowing the player to use the distraction to get away. Alternatively, the player can attempt to use other characters in the game as human shields. The game will allow for personalized character creation, but will expand to include the creation of female characters. The player will also be able to expand and customize his "crib" through the game.
THQ has stated that with Grand Theft Auto IV due out prior to the release of Saints Row 2, they plan to allow Volition enough time to completely finish the game in order to obtain the best quality game possible. Additionally, the graphics engine has been improved to reduce the amount of "pop-up graphics" due to draw distances that were criticized in the first game.

screenshot_185831.jpg

screenshot_185832.jpg

screenshot_185829.jpg

screenshot_185830.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172498

Will be interesting to see how it compares to GTA IV. I really liked the last one and if they carry on it could be good competition for GTA.

and the single player campaign can be played co-op online??? Sounds incredible

I dont know why but this game looks too cartoon to me. I cant find any realism on that game. But, I'd be a good alternative for GTA IV.

Really enjoyed the first one so am looking forward to this as well, i may give it another run through actually

free driving games are awesome :)

Looks great to me. I loved the last one so this one is bound to be even better. The customizable cribs, clothes and appearances is one thing it has over GTA. The online single player mode sounds amazing and it has planes, boats, bikes and helis!

It reminds me of Frontlines v Call Of Duty (or Rainbow Six Vegas)... It's a half-decent game but why play it when you know GTA is the original and the best?

A fun online shooter is a fun online shooter as far as I'm concerned, I don't analyze it to the point of saying "this is an ARMY shooter and this is a SPEC OPS shooter" - a game is a game to me. ;)

No it wasn't matey, I was comparing two games (one of which is good, one of which is excellent) against two games (one of which is good, one of which is excellent) - nothing to do with specifics, just fun factor.

By the time this is out, though, we would have all finished GTA IV. This won't be out till around September I don't think

No it wasn't matey, I was comparing two games (one of which is good, one of which is excellent) against two games (one of which is good, one of which is excellent) - nothing to do with specifics, just fun factor.

So you should have said GRAW and Vegas seeing as they are both just shooters ;))

THQ's Gamer's Day reveals the August street date.

Kotaku reports that at last night's THQ Gamer's Day, the publisher revealed that the previously announced Saints Row 2 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will hit retail stores on August 26.

Though the game was announced late last year, we were only given a 2008 release announcement so now we have that concrete date.

-------

Random Vid

Here's a bug i encountered on the first games demo

http://www.gameklip.net/video/1202

August? I think we'll still be thoroughly involved in GTA4, they should hold off until at least November for the Christmas market or maybe even early 09........

Back
Top Bottom