Saints Row 2

Coopz, do you still get sweet weapons from the hitman missions?

Don't tell me what, a yay or nay will suffice.

I think you do after you complete a list

You said he'd be defying someone to enjoy it :)

Edit: NVM you probably just grotesquely typoed "definitely"? Caught up now :)

I was sure i typed definitely :BLINK:

Last edited:
Cool, same as before then.

Thanks for the answers Coopz, won't be asking anymore as I'll be getting this tonight.

Any snippet of advice you can give me? Something you realised would have helped you if you'd done it earlier??

Anything like that would be appreciated.

No just take it as it comes :))

I have only just found out about Car/Plane surfing and drive bys (cant recall the game telling me about them) so don't forget to try them out

I'm really excited, do we get to access all the cool stuff like Plane surfing a the start? or do they all eventually come as we play?

:) Getting mine tomorrow afternoon by the way.

I'm really excited, do we get to access all the cool stuff like Plane surfing a the start? or do they all eventually come as we play?

:) Getting mine tomorrow afternoon by the way.

There in from the start

I think i was told about drive bys early on but some things pop up when your not expecting it and you skip them by accident

I only found out about streaking because someone here mentioned it here

They are called Diversions and i bet there are more, Hostage is another where you get in a car and the passenger/s is still in there with you

This is such a great game. I've only done 2 missions and I'm enjoying it much more than I did when I first played GTA IV

Finding the movement and controls a little sluggish... ive only created myself and done the opening mission. I found it very frustrating trying to shoot at who i wanted and punch who i wanted at times and ended up just running away from the fights and speeding away.

Not impressed but im guessing thats the norm as Coopz was the same on his first 'thoughts' post in here.

and that 6 minute install was annoying

Yeah i had a GTA frame of mind to start with and i had a cold

The more you play the more you appreciate it for what it is

Radiation, what do you mean by the 6 minute install?

Edit: I loved making my character, made my guy really fat at one point and I found it hilarious. Starting the break out now.

Last edited:
When i put the disc in it downloaded a small update file and then after it went past that it started to install the game - too about 6 minutes and even had a countdown timer so i knew it was that long

Strange, anyway I'm doing some of the activities, but I'm stuck on the hitman because it says you can find the guy in for example 'Red Light - Tattoo Parlor' but how do I find out where that is?

I'm stuck on a protect the celeb mission - I'm up to the 5th one but its impossible - 3 or 4 people attack at once and the celebs annoyance meter fills up faster than i can move - by the time ive punched one person and thrown another the celeb is over run and i lose.

WTF!?

I'm hoping if i come back later upgraded it will be easier?

Strange, anyway I'm doing some of the activities, but I'm stuck on the hitman because it says you can find the guy in for example 'Red Light - Tattoo Parlor' but how do I find out where that is?

Go to the tattoo parlor in the red light district

the first part is the area say barrio and the second is the place they hang out say cluckin bell

Last edited:
Alright thanks Coopz, I've got the Saints back and all that it's pretty good so far. Will probably play some more tomorrow, had enough for today.

This game is excellent, not sure if you lot know about the free vehicles (don't affect achievements) dial and call this from your phone:

#4976 = Gyro Daddy (Gyro Copter)
#728237 = Destroy (UFO)
#7266837 = PeeWee Bike (???)

Remember to include the #, I've been flying around in the UFO and it's quality. I unlocked it at the start and have still been getting achievements.

Take a gang member to the very top of the Ultor building and throw them off!

Played it for about six hours yesterday and done about 3 main missions! Completed the Prison Fight Club, one of the Insurance Frauds and some of t Fuzz.

Also car surfed a lot and discovered everything on the map (so far).

Just one question where are the choppers? Found loads of landing pads but nothing on them??

Last edited:
Please tell me you can upgrade yourself so you can take more damage or punch harder in missions.

Tried everything i could on the final celeb missions again and yet again while im dealing with one moron 3 more attack the celeb.

-

Speaking of choppers - i jumped into a mission marker and i started flying a chopper around - after a bit i had to take out some gang members but no matter what i do i fail it there.

There are some arrows on the ground so i shoot them - fail. so i avoid shooting the arrows in case they're who i should protect and again i fail.

Awesome game and the soundtrack is brilliant but it doesn't exactly help you along and explain a lot of things.

What's your favorite radio station? So far my favorite is the generation x one.

I've done a lot of main missions I'm 9% in the game, enjoying a lot I especially enjoyed the crowd one.

Bribery is awesome. My parents called asking me to go and fix their router, I asked to borrow £40 for Saints Row 2 and they agreed :LOL: ;))

"What's your favorite radio station?"

I like Gen X and the rock station (though some of it is shouty shit) but The Mix is by far my fave station with the 80's tunes.

Just wait until Take On Me comes on - :LOL: !

Last edited:
Just one question where are the choppers? Found loads of landing pads but nothing on them??

I have only seen a chopper about once and that was in the airport, like the ufo once you get one you can save in in you garage forever which is great

Please tell me you can upgrade yourself so you can take more damage or punch harder in missions.

Yeah all sorts of stuffs gets upgraded

you complete stuff and its says like "you do 15% more damage" and "explosions do 15% more damage" ect

What's your favorite radio station? So far my favorite is the generation x one.

the best one is the reggae one :))

:LMAO:

Creating my character, the "Anguish" face is BRILLIANT!

OMG! The "Smooth Criminal" taunt is hilarious!

Last edited by a moderator:
:LMAO:

The character has just started singing to "Sister Christian" and it's hilarious!

Can I change my characters voice during the game? I think it'd be pretty funny to hear the British accent now as well.

I love the easter eggs in this game!

zombie uprising - dead rising

The lawyer trying to stop violent games - The lawyers' name is... Zack Johnson

The half sunken pirate ship

Noticed a lot of 300 quotes as well. I heard someone shout THIS...IS...STILLWATER! and another woman shouted at me 'THIS IS MADNESS!

One of the houses on Frat Row is called Robot House (futurama?)

Ultor - Red Faction !?
And it;s funny you can buy some fingerless gloves at the very first clothing store in the game right from the start, something people bitched about in GTA 4.

I've tried online co-op with Milanista, it is like playing alone but with a partner. For example if you do the sewage activity, you both get to use the thing which shoots the poop. Or if your doing the fire thing, one of you are driving and one is throwing fire at people.

I also just unlocked GANG CUSTOMIZATION CARS '

Back
Top Bottom