Roma fans Thread

I think we might beat Roma to be honest, but our defence is a little thin at the moment. I hope it's a great game anyway.

I think we might beat Roma to be honest, but our defence is a little thin at the moment. I hope it's a great game anyway.
it's great game for sure two teams plays wonderful football maybe your defense is not that good but i'm thinking about roma's one what they gonna do to stop ronaldo :mrgreen:

Last edited:
We have Saha who is fast too. Not sure how fit he is... maybe they've been saving him. I can see us trying to soak up pressure and catch you on the break.

Roma's defence has his troubles too. i heard that chivu will be put on the out to take tonetto's place. this means that we could see ferrari taking chivu's place near mexes......

ferrari is a good cb..... a decent cb (:mrgreen: ), but he just can't be compared to chivu.

agree with Marukom about saha; if he's in good shape, he could be dangerous:)

Is he fast? :lol:

well, he's not a "speedy gonzales" but he still has a good positioning and timing............ sometimes :mrgreen:

a good cb can balance is lack of speed with a good timing........

..... in the end, as i wrote before, maybe he's not "good", but he's still decent. and as i said before, chivu is on another level for sure ;)

Are the Italian newspapers confident of a Roma win?

according to what i read till now, italian press is quite cautious about roma's chances. they say that man utd is fav, but roma still can make it if they'll play at their best.

as a matter of fact, italian press is the most unbiased press in the world. always balanced and professional :applause:

The Italian press are superb I agree. Wish I could say the same about the fans and people who ran the clubs.

The Italian press are superb I agree. Wish I could say the same about the fans and people who ran the clubs.

talking about italian clubs owners, i agree with u. most of them are just rubbish. Roma management, talking about this, are a nice exception, as they're all (franco sensi, rosella sensi, pradè and mazzoleni) very nice persons.

but talking about football fans..... come on mate, we're talking about millions people, how can u generalize this way.... it is quite unfair...... and offensive for a lot of italian football fans, like me ;)

To be fair, Italian supporters are generally hostile and hooligan-like. I wouldn't want to be at The Stadio Olympica tonight - it's a hell hole. I hate that stadium anyway, like most Italian stadia, very dated and ugly.

I wouldn't want to be at The Stadio Olympica tonight - it's a hell hole.

who told u this bullshit mate! this is not true at all! I was at the olimpico a lot of times in the pas few years.....kind people, good supporters..... last year i made a "scarf exchange" with a roma ultras. He wanted my scarf, but he didn't want to give me his scarf, coz it was all messed up; so he asked me too follow him, we went to his ultras friends, he picked another "clean" scarf, and he gave me that one..... in the meanwhile almost 30 romanisti offered me a cigarette, as i didn't have anymore.......

before the match started, when palermos ultras entered into the stadium (i was already in there, cause i don't travel with palermo's ultras), roma's speaker, Franco Zampa (the Legend)screamed into the mike "romanisti, le'ts give a warm welcome to our palermo's friends"...... then 35 thousand romanisti applauded palermo's ultras for something like 30 seconds...

...... now, would u call this a hell hole???? :D

i Know u got your bizarre (but funny, sometimes) sense of humour, but, when we're not joking, let's cut with all theese prejudices.

Sure we have our problems with some groups of ultras (and we are on our way to solve them), but there are a lot of ultras groups known for their kind and polite attitude, like Parma, Chievo, Udinese, Empoli, Siena and Palermo Ultras....

my team is palermo; palermo has a 107 years tradition...... our stadium has NEVER been witness of disorders..... tell me mate, could u say the same about manchester united????
when Hammers came here last year with their "nice" t-shirts....

my.php

... do u know how palermo's ultras replied? with this banner:
"una civiltà di 3000 anni non può essere infangata da una maglietta. buona permanenza, hammers"
translation "a 3000 years civilization and culture can't be stained by a shirt. have a nice day hammers".

..... and actually they had a nice day....... destroyng 2 pubs (all alone, there weren't palermo's supporters in those pubs) and burning 3 cars....

....but still, i'm quite sure that next time palermo will meet west ham, u won't see in palermo official site a guide about "how to survive in London", like some bastards ignorants did in manchester united site.

now, i'm sure that tonite roma supporters will humiliate that idiot who wrote that internet page, exactly how palermo supporters humiliated hammers.... with ther kindness, respect and tollerance.

still one thing.
ultras are a very little percentage of italian supporters. here in palermo we have various groups of ultras for an overall amount of 300 people...... but each week at the Favorita (our stadium) u will se from 28 to 38 thousand people. the others are just simple supporters, like me, who just like to enjoy the match. and the same goes for other italian clubs.

so the statement:
To be fair, Italian supporters are generally hostile and hooligan-like.
is simply wrong.
just a little minority of our "supporters" (i wouldn't even call them supporters) are hostile.
Now u can tell me that english supporters are generally better than italian supporters; i'd say that's true. but u can't say that we're "generally" hostile.... this just means that u don't really know us :(

Nah man Franco Sensi was a pig as well.

well, i guess i know what your talking about mate. he made a mistake, a lot of years ago (when everybody used to make that mistake), but we can't deny that he fought for years for a fair competition in italy. ;)

Last edited:
Roma's defence has his troubles too. i heard that chivu will be put on the out to take tonetto's place. this means that we could see ferrari taking chivu's place near mexes......

ferrari is a good cb..... a decent cb (:mrgreen: ), but he just can't be compared to chivu.

agree with Marukom about saha; if he's in good shape, he could be dangerous:)

i hear that chivu will be played next to de rossi and go roma ¬_¬

i hear that chivu will be played next to de rossi and go roma ¬_¬

yep, that's another possibility.
too bad aquilani is out. with pizarro out, roma really needs him.

honestly i hope spalletti will leave chivu in his place (with mexes), bringing cassetti and panucci on the sidelines....

AND PERROTTA PLAYING AS CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, like he used to do when he was in chievo.
this would be the best solution, imo

good luck, guys. tonite i'll be a lupacchiotto too!!! :)
FORZA MAGGICA!! :mrgreen:

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson feels his side's Champions League quarter-final against Roma is the toughest of all the last-eight ties.

Led by their talismanic striker Francesco Totti, the Italian side shocked Lyon with a 2-0 win in France in the last round and are confident of continuing their progress.

United travel to the Stadio Olimpico for the first leg on Wednesday before the return at Old Trafford on 10 April.

Roberto Maida, who covers Roma for Italian newspaper Corriere Dello Sport, explains how the tie will be won and lost.

GREAT EXPECTATIONS
For Roma's coach Luciano Spalletti and his players, this is the game of their lives.

Spalletti employs a swift counter-attacking style at Roma

It is unusual for Roma to get this far in this competition. It is the first time they have been here since the Champions League format began.

They are second in Serie A but they have lost sight of Inter, who are leading by 20 points, so everything at Roma is focused on the Champions League now.

They did not have a very good time in the competition this season until the win in Lyon - but that has brought it to life for them.

Fans queued for more than 24 hours to get tickets for the game against United and many still did not succeed.

After Lyon everybody here was convinced that Roma can win the Champions League.

United are fascinating opponents but nobody is scared of them. Roma will respect them, of course, but they do not fear them.

THE TOTTI FACTOR
This is a chance for Totti to show the world that he was right to link himself to his home club for life.

Of course, he was a world champion with Italy last summer but he has won only one championship with Roma in his club career.

Totti has been in superb form for Roma this season

This season has been his chance to show his skill on a wider stage with his own club and he has been in superb form.

He is the highest goalscorer in Italy at the moment, with 18 goals in 28 Serie A games, and he has never led the standings before - and in Europe he has been scoring regularly too.

But he is an unusual striker because he moves a lot from the front. He comes to midfield to take the ball and sometimes he is more valuable as a creator than as a goalscorer.

For example, against AC Milan on Saturday he never looked dangerous in front of goal but he still did so much good for the team.

He put Simone Perrotta clean through with an amazing trick. He made something incredible and that is his strength - in one second he can create something that can change a game.

ROMA'S ATTACKING THREAT
The win in Lyon was something of a consecration for the team and Spalletti's style.

606 VIEW
How do you think Manchester United will get on?

606: Have your say

Lyon felt they were sure to beat Roma easily and that was their big mistake.

They accepted the first leg in Rome with no goals because they were sure they could destroy Roma in Lyon.

But if you face Roma with an attacking approach and without considering their counter-attacking threat then you risk a lot.

Roma love to play on the counter-attack, with the speed of players like Simone Perotta, Alessandro Mancini, Rodrigo Taddei and Totti. They have a lot of fast players who can create problems.

STOPPING RONALDO

Roma are expecting Ferguson to switch Cristiano Ronaldo from the right wing to the left during the games. They know stopping him will be very important.

Cassetti will be expected to stop Cristiano Ronaldo

Max Tonetto is the left-back who was supposed to mark Ronaldo when he is on the right side.

He has a hamstring injury and is not available for the first leg - and maybe won't recover for the second game either - so Christian Panucci, who is a good defender, will look after him on that flank.

But if he plays on the opposite side he will find Marco Cassetti, who is used as Roma's first-reserve defender.

Cassetti is not such a good player. He lacks some experience, especially in European games, but he played well in Lyon in the previous round so Spalletti is confident he will do well against United.

CAN ROMA BEAT UNITED?
Player for player, United are stronger and superior technically.

But they will be in a difficult situation on Wednesday because they are missing a lot of defensive players through injury.

Roma's best chance will be to attack. They need to make the most of United's problems and take a little advantage for the second leg - because at Old Trafford it will be very difficult for them.

United play much better at home but, most important of all, is the fact that only a few Roma players have played at Old Trafford before and they could find it intimidating.

So to have a chance of progressing, Roma need to win the first leg at least 1-0 or 2-1.

They cannot rely on the counter-attack as much as they did against Lyon because Ferguson knows exactly how Roma will try to play.

From the BBC for the people who dont look i think in rome roma will win 1 - 0 but i am a roma fan.....

Wilhemmson gets a start wide right and Panucci will be at LB.

Solksjaer gets the start over Saha for ManU. Strange.

Forza Roma!

Lo Zio I do come across as an anti-Italian football critic on here but I must tell you, I used to ADORE Serie A and Italy. In the 1990 World Cup I supported Italy ALL THE WAY THROUGH! That was one of my favourite World Cup teams! Then in 1994, I was so pleased when Italy won in USA as all of my friends were Brazil supporters.

But over the last few years I have noticed things about Italian football that I don't like but you are right, I shouldn't be so predjudist. I still enjoy the odd football match - I watched Milan v Bayern last night and enjoyed every minute.

Anyway, good luck to Roma tonight! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lo Zio I do come across as an anti-Italian football critic on here but I must tell you, I used to ADORE Serie A and Italy. In the 1990 World Cup I supported Italy ALL THE WAY THROUGH! That was one of my favourite World Cup teams! Then in 1994, I was so pleased when Italy won in USA as all of my friends were Brazil supporters.

But over the last few years I have noticed things about Italian football that I don't like but you are right, I shouldn't be so predjudist. I still enjoy the odd football match - I watched Milan v Bayern last night and enjoyed every minute.

Anyway, good luck to Roma tonight! :)

it's really nice to read this mate :)
actually i don't think you're an "anti italian football". people who loves football like us (and most of the people on this forum) just can't be "anti-someone" (anti italian, german, english, french, belgian.....). we just like football, no matter where it is played.
you're an italian football critic, that's for sure.... but are you that wrong? i don't think so. of course sometimes u exagerate (but i do know u like to have fun with people on this forum, waiting for their reactions :mrgreen: ), but even when u exagerate u say something true. we can't deny what happened last summer, and i can't blame all those people who don't love our football anymore. we are the cause of our problems, and there must be a reason if our football, wich used to be "the football" till a few years ago, is nowadays probably the less followed league in europe.

but u know, people out of italy heard about the Moggi-gate, and they may think that here in italy we're all "Moggis" (or that our supporters are all like those thugs who killed a man in catania), and this would be very sad, as it isn't true.

now we're trying to re-build a new image of our football, and i'd say that what juventus is doing is quite a good example of what the whole italian football establishment is doing: new federcalcio presidents, new referees association managers, new serie a managers......new rules....
i'd like that press and people all over the world would notice this change, exactly as they noticed our "faults".

we're not angels, but we're not devils either. My hope is not that everybody love us. it's up to us to let people love us once again. my only hope is that people in europe, america, africa and asia just really know us, in our good and bad aspects.
in the end that's one of the most beautiful aspects of football; it gives us a chance to meeting, to know each others.
till i was 18, i was full of prejudices; i used to "hate" (such a bad word, better sayin "dislike") so many people; germans,french, spanish... football matches gave me a chance to know many people, to erase my prejudices.

sorry for this big off topic, but El Diego nice post deserved a complete reply imo;)

Last edited:
Lol its that AWAY goal that will knock Roma out next week, The Italian police are a disgrace

Forza Maggica ! :mrgreen:

Was a superb game yersterday in my opinion, despite the away goal scored by MU !

Return game is going to be very interesting :)

De Rossi is turning a hell of metronom in the midfield.
Very good encouter, good head player and a more than decent view of the game.

Roma deserved the win but the policing were awful!

We'll win at Old Trafford but only just. It could go to extra time.

Back
Top Bottom