Roma fans Thread

I have to agree there. Was talking to Juveboy earlier today, and the defence is looking solid - Doni, Mexes, Chivu, Tonetto and Casseti.

Grande Roma!!! On and forward!

If i'm not mistaken, Roma have let in the least goals in the CL this season. Mexes and Chivu might yet be the best central partnership in europe at the moment, surely potentially anyway. Besides the defenders you named, they also still have Panucci, who's going through a second youth and is even better than Tonetto and Cassetti.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kZPwoUCnJX4

I'm pretty sure the trick from Taddei, would be the one near the end. It's not like the Olympiakos one if it is, looks a totally different piece of skill.

FD

u're right mate. looking at it again, it is totally different...... but still nice. :D

about mexes - chivu, well, i think they're the best couple of cb in europe since last year. this is the second consecutive season that they're playing at top level; always cool, aware, with a perfect positioning and a very good timing (even if mexes still can improve talking about timing). and u have to consider that they (especially chivu) have "soft foot" too (both of them have great technique, for a cb).

the most impressive thing is that they're still very young..... i can't even immagine how strong they will be at 30:)

Last edited:
Roma are a good team but I am happy we drew them and not Liverpool, Chelsea or Milan. If we get through we face the prospect of the Italians but lets take things one step at a time!

Roma are a good team but I am happy we drew them and not Liverpool, Chelsea or Milan. If we get through we face the prospect of the Italians but lets take things one step at a time!

I would thought a tie against Milan would have been the better option.

They looked awful against Celtic and could only score a goal over 210 mins of football.

I think Roma will give United a tough task, although I would put my money on United winning you can never count out Roma.

With Totti in their team he can make the side tick, very similer of what Gerrard can do for Liverpool.

With Totti in their team he can make the side tick, very similer of what Gerrard can do for Liverpool.

well mate, totti's a factor, of course. but i don't think he's so decisive.

i'm not underestimating totti (better writing this, before all roma fans here flame me :mrgreen: )... is a great player (when he used to play as advanced midfielder he was the greatest player in the world, imo), but he missed a lot of matches last year, and still roma always won (even without him).

i think the biggest factor for roma is the conditioning of 4 player (toghether): perrotta, taddei, mancini, and de rossi. When they're all ok, then Roma is a hell of a team. when even just one of them is not ok, then roma has big troubles.

Last edited:
I don't agree there, Lo Zio. I think Totti carries them to a much higher level and he truly leads Roma to important results. He has actually been dependable this season. A Totti-less Roma is only half as good as a Roma with (an in form)Totti.

I think Totti carries them to a much higher level and he truly leads Roma to important results

that's for sure mate. he's a natural born leader and an amazing player.
what i'm trying to say is that "roma is not just totti".
Last year they showed they can win (and play damn good football) even without him. Do u remember when totti broke his leg and perrotta took his place in the starting formation? I loved that roma.... great passing game, 90 minutes of uninterrupted first touch plays, 6 players always moving on the pitch (without the ball)...u almost couldn't notice they were playing without totti.

but what i noticed (this and last year) is that, when mancini, taddei, perrotta, and de rossi (but i'd say especially mancini and de rossi) are not in good shape, they become just a "decent" football team.

i'd say that the 2 matches against lyon are quite a good example of what i'm saying. the first leg roma (without a fit mancini") was very different from the 2nd leg roma:)

thank you kind sir.
:)

Last edited:
yeeey United in the quarters. i belive we have a good chance against them. United is not as good as they were a couple of months a go and roma is steadily growing. i think United will have a hard time penetratating Romas midfield and c.ronaldo will get shut down.
Perhaps this is the best team to meet as we are the underdogs.
the more and more i think about it i can clearly see Roma in the semis.

Last edited:
it will certainly be a very interesting tie

true. probably it will be the most beautiful match between the quarters (talking about football quality).

i just hope that all key players on both sides will be in good shape :)

Perhaps this is the best team to meet as we are the underdogs.

yep, that's a good point, but still i'd prefer roma to meet chelsea, as their weak sides perfectly "fits" roma gameplay

will be very tough against man utd. maybe they're not in good shape now, but they still got a couple of weeks to regain conditioning.

....c.ronaldo will get shut down....

shutting down cristiano ronaldo...... hard work for panucci :roll: .
honestly i think players like c. ronaldo or totti just can't be stopped.... it's all up to them... if they're having a bad day, then they can be stopped... otherwise....

btw as Matherto says, there we go.;)

p.s. bad news for chivu. he will need a surgery, as fred broke his nose :(

yep, that's a good point, but still i'd prefer roma to meet chelsea, as their weak sides perfectly "fits" roma gameplay

will be very tough against man utd. maybe they're not in good shape now, but they still got a couple of weeks to regain conditioning.

shutting down cristiano ronaldo...... hard work for panucci :roll: .
honestly i think players like c. ronaldo or totti just can't be stopped.... it's all up to them... if they're having a bad day, then they can be stopped... otherwise....

ye maybe Chelsea but i dont like Mourinhos excellent coaching skills. Chelsea Vs Roma just gives me a bad feeling hehe.

if Lille can do it for most of the match so can Roma.

or brighi's one :D

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

actually theese facemasks are personal and unique, as they're built on players "faceprint" (does this word really exists? :mrgreen: )
..... probably he'll have his own facemask :)

ye maybe Chelsea but i dont like Mourinhos excellent coaching skills.

yep, he's a great coach, but playing against chelsea means having a lot of free space on the sidelines, wich is perfect for roma..... man utd is quite a different team.... but i agree with u; Roma can win this match ;)

so 2 more league goals for totti. he is really on fire.
Will he be the first Roma player too win the goal league since Pruzzo? yes, if he can stay healthy. LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST.

Roma Victor.

yep, he's doing very well. his first place in top scorers list is remarkable, especially if u consider that he's not a "usual" striker (it's really a shame he's not playing anymore as advanced midfielder, if u ask me, as he was the best in the world in that role imo...... but it seems that he prefere to play as a striker, so...) :)

btw, i think toni will be the top scorer in serie at the end of the season.... he's just too good.

i think totti can hold on to the top scorer place but toni is fantastic but he doesnt take pens so

man..can anybody here tell me where`s the missed pes6 roma players are..on forums or something else..like rodrigo defendi!!gianluca freddi!!because Im gonna play with roma in the master league and I wanted to have all the real players in that team!plz...PM
ROMA have a great team and I love their football!!

Back
Top Bottom