Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band - Harmonix, 360 / PS3

Some dude playing the drums on Rock Band, this games looks very good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9XLiMfBRo&e

Oh my god... total respect to that guy, that is awesome! I love the drums in this game and getting anywhere near that seems impossible.

Must be a very good drummer anyway, but thats a great advert for RockBand - how awesome...

A clever Internet man has discovered how to get his new Xbox 360 Rock Band drum-kit working with Windows.

Apparently some of them, including PS3 ones, do automatically, which is nice of them, but others don't. Confusing things, drums. Anyway, Internet man has come up with a software solution.
Advertisement

To what end, you might ask? Well, at the end of his video demonstration, the blogger at dxprog.com says he hopes it will lead to cool stuff. So do we! Something like Frets on Fire but for drums would be ace.

So how does it work? We have no idea. We've read the blog post explanation a dozen times but he lost us as %XUSB21.DeviceName.Wired%=CC_Install.

Fortunately he's zipped it up into a simple downloadable file. For the full caboodle and the demo tape, pop along, and thanks to Internet fingermen at Rock, Paper, Shotgun for the pointer.

Rock Band is currently only available in the US and only in big old bundles for PS3 and 360. Dxprog's hacky-wacky is specific to the 360 version. The game, published by EA, is due out here in early 2008.

I ordered it then canceled it because it was at least 14 days waiting list and the delivery was more than the game. I really need it now though.

If it makes your wait any easier Jay, I've played this game to death the weekend and tonight and unfortunately...

I STILL LOVE IT!!!! :)

Every instrument is like a seperate game - played online tonight for an hour as a singer (88th in the 'World' at Creep, which out of thousands and thousands I'm pretty pleased with so far) - then hammered on the drums offline for an hour or so - getting bit better each time.

14 days isnt long to wait in the context of waiting till March '08!

SHUT UP. :(

I am so sorely tempted to get a PS3 just for this game, even though I know everything else on the PS3 is wank (apart from one or two that it's not worth getting a console for). But I NEED THIS GAME. :(

I wonder if the drums for the ps3 version, will work with the ps2 version come dec10th,they are usb?

SHUT UP. :(

I am so sorely tempted to get a PS3 just for this game, even though I know everything else on the PS3 is wank (apart from one or two that it's not worth getting a console for). But I NEED THIS GAME. :(

Get it for the ps2 from the USA, if u have a chipped ps2 it will work fine.
I hope my GH guitar will work.
If its all USB kit then your gear will be compatible with a ps3 in the future.
Ps2= inevitably no downloadable content, but hopefully update discs like singstar.
Can't see me playing it online, only with m8s/wife.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/11/playstation-2-r.html
->
If you buy the PlayStation 2 version of Rock Band this December 18, you'll be able to use the wireless guitar that comes with it on the PlayStation 3 version of the game, if you ever decide to upgrade.

It's quite likely that the drum controller and microphone will also work between the two platforms, since they both use standard USB interfaces.

Last edited:

It's not even listed on there now mate only the game on it's own.:(

On the AVF thread, loads of people have ordered it from Barnes & Noble this week (they own Gamestop), and it ships on the 30th.

Might be worth jumping on there quick - its the same price I paid ($205) + ~£45 customs...

Just got my mic stand through so I can vocal and guitar in career :)

I'm quite the vocalist - ranked #1 for 'Wave of Mutilation' (Pixies) in the World!!! :D

Can now get DLC for PS3!!!

Get a 'IDT Prime' loaded Mastercard (think its www.idtprime.com - has local sellers) normally from a newsagent or Total garage, and it works on the US PSN Store.

Downloaded most of the DLC for Rockband - damn QOTSA and Metallica are hard!!!!

Oh thank God I decided not to get the PS3 and import it, I don't have any form of credit card and I would have been tearing my hair out if I couldn't download QOTSA stuff. You have no idea how much I want the game though, every time I see you post I think "hmmm, Lincolnshire isn't that far away really..."

You should upload a few gameplay vids to Youtube or something, although saying that I don't know if it would make the burning jealousy better or worse.

Thats the beauty of the IDT card - you dont need a credit card. You load it up at the shop when you buy it. The card is £3 and you need to add a minimum of £20 to it when you buy it. You can then top it up online or at cash points.

Cant do any vids as I sold my vid cam last year and never bothered replacing it :(

That's actually quite brilliant, I didn't know there was a card like that out there. Would it expire if you didn't use it for a couple of months though? I'd probably only use it once a year or something stupid. Would be much easier if I waited and used Microsoft Points, even though it's a really long and depressing wait.

That's actually quite brilliant, I didn't know there was a card like that out there. Would it expire if you didn't use it for a couple of months though? I'd probably only use it once a year or something stupid. Would be much easier if I waited and used Microsoft Points, even though it's a really long and depressing wait.

Not sure if it would expire, but I very much doubt it - its basically a pre-loaded Mastercard (has the MC symbol on it).

If I didnt have the game, I'd be worried about the lack of UK release date information still - and considering the problems they have had with a) getting hardware out and b) problems with returns - plus the fact that the PS2 version has been pushed back, I wonder if we will see it by March.

Really wanna wait that long!!! :D (not helping am I?)

problems with returns?

In the US, people are having to return the guitars and some drum kits as they keep breaking. So due to the stock issues at the start, the feeling is the manufacturing of the hardware was rushed as they couldnt meet the demand.

Worringly, EA are not supporting hardware shipped outside of the US.

I saw a problem with the down strum on the guitar but there's a site telling you how to fix it yourself looks pretty simple. Mine is due for dispatch this Friday.

Back
Top Bottom