Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band - Harmonix, 360 / PS3

Harmonix has finished work on a patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Rock Band which adds compatibility with existing guitar controllers. Like the Guitar Hero ones, everyone hopes.

The patch "addresses a number of items related to guitar controller compatibility", a Harmonix bod on the official forum explained. "The update will be downloaded once the game is started."
Advertisement

The slightly bad news is that the patch doesn't appear to have been made available yet, despite Harmonix's confidence that it was done and ready and, indeed, deployed. The developer has now locked the relevant discussion thread while it waits to find out what's going on.

Still, when it does pitch up, it will mean that those of you in the US who have the PS3 version of Rock Band, or those who have imported it, will be able to introduce a second guitar-playing friend to the band.

Up to now that has only been possible on PS3 by acquiring a second Rock Band Fender Stratocaster controller, which meant either buying another full Rock Band bundle, including drums and microphone, or finding a friend with one.

The Xbox 360 version is already compatible with existing Guitar Hero guitars.

Rock Band is due out in Europe next spring.

Mail order bride?

LOL :)

This game is totally awesome - downloaded Roxanne last night and had a quick blast (this was at 6pm), my missus was in the same room and though she has shown no interest before said "oh, let me sing that one".

So she sang Roxanne and I played the guitar - we finally stopped playing at about half 10 straight through - with us changing between guitar, vocals and drums!!!

Missed COD4 or FIFA last night with you guys, but this was great fun!

Rock Band developer Harmonix is claiming that a patch designed to allow the use of PS3 Guitar Hero controllers with its new game is being blocked by Activision, GamesIndustry.biz reports.

When Harmonix announced the development of Rock Band, it said it would work to allow the game to support the guitar peripheral released for Guitar Hero - the Activision-published series that Harmonix originally developed for RedOctane.

However, when Rock Band was released, PS3 owners were unable to use the Les Paul guitar controller included with Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. Harmonix said that it had created a software patch to solve the problem, but now that patch is being blocked.

"The compatibility patch was submitted, approved and had been scheduled for release by Sony on Tuesday, December 4," Harmonix said in a statement.

"Unfortunately, Activision objected to the release of the compatibility patch. The patch remains with Sony, but we have been told that it will unfortunately not be released due to Activision's continued objection."

Harmonix went on to say that it hoped Activision would allow the use of Rock Band controllers with Guitar Hero III, and will provide any required support in order for them to do so.

Xbox 360 owners have no such compatibility issues and are able to use their Guitar Hero III controllers with Rock Band.

Neither Activision nor RedOctane had responded to a request for comment by the time we published this story.

You got it? Nice one :) What's the wow then? What's impressing you? The more I play GH3, the more I want Rock Band.

Everthing about it is spot on the drumming is solid but on easy its not too bad, practice makes perfect. I,ve not stopped messing with everything since i got in, no tea, no shower must play.

Grim, can I come to your house? Pretty please?

No, seriously, please?

Of course but your not going any where near my fuckin drums. And on a lighter note doing solo's on the lower frets feels ace.

Aye, Jay, organise a party this Saturday night at yours :D

Of course but your not going any where near my fuckin drums. And on a lighter note doing solo's on the lower frets feels ace.

Hell yea, I like to stay down there too for when the solo finishes as you can strum those notes as normal. Then when there is a break, dart back up to the top!

Have to catch you online soon.

Dont forget the IDT card - great DLC - Metallica, QOTSA, The Police and My Sharona!!! DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM, DUM, DUM, DUM, DUM DUM DUM..... :D

Hell yea, I like to stay down there too for when the solo finishes as you can strum those notes as normal. Then when there is a break, dart back up to the top!

Have to catch you online soon.

Dont forget the IDT card - great DLC - Metallica, QOTSA, The Police and My Sharona!!! DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM, DUM, DUM, DUM, DUM DUM DUM..... :D

I want a go on My Sharona

Dum da da Dum, ma ma ma myyyyy sharonaaaaaaaaaaaa

Does anyone know if the PS2 guitar hero guitars work on the PS2 rockband?

I want a go on My Sharona

Dum da da Dum, ma ma ma myyyyy sharonaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just love that song - always reminds me of the film 'Reality Bites' (one of my faves!) as I love seeing Winnona Ryder dance around *hubba*

£20 (+£3 to buy the card) - it then costs another £2 I think to make it 'top-up-able' (if thats a word)...

Cheers mate, i'm thinking of getting some kind of foam to put over my drum heads to make them less noise. Some thin foam would do i think i have seen someone do it on there web site.

Just love that song - always reminds me of the film 'Reality Bites' (one of my faves!) as I love seeing Winnona Ryder dance around *hubba*

Reminds me more recently of The Business

Does anyone know if the PS2 guitar hero guitars work on the PS2 rockband?

Found out

singstart mics work and the wired ps2 GH controllers work with rock band but the wireless ones dont.

-

That should do me for now until match comes around

Back
Top Bottom