Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band - Harmonix, 360 / PS3

I've got a 360 so thats impossible. Looks like I'm gunna have to save up! Is there a reason for the delay in the UK?

I've got a 360 so thats impossible. Looks like I'm gunna have to save up! Is there a reason for the delay in the UK?

Nobody knows for sure, but the most likely rumour is the struggle in getting enough hardware together (which lead to US Shortages).

Other than that, can only be a licensing issue from all the bands and labels?

I was under the impression that the European Rock Band will have a localised track listing which will be quite different to the North American one.

Rock Band has been delayed in Europe until the first quarter of 2008, but will be fully localised for each territory, on both disc and downloadable content. It's also coming to PS2, home of original Guitar Hero success.

The news erupted from the EA Games Convention conference in Leipzig, where Harmonix co-founder Alex Rigopulos took to the stage to detail the much-anticipated title.

That would be shit if that happens - glad I got the US one and can also download US DLC! (even though its Oasis this week!)

Still an awful lot of money for a game though, you can buy a Wii for not much more!

Still an awful lot of money for a game though, you can buy a Wii for not much more!

Yea, I had a Wii and it was boring... think they will get there and the idea is fantastic, but its heartbreaking waiting for a decent game.

Anyway, Rockband isnt a 'game' its more of a new way to listen and interact with music. Like saying an iPod isnt worth £230 (ok, it isnt, but you get my point!!)

The Oasis pack is pretty good - if only for the fact the songs are really well known and good fun to sing and play along too (I 'sing' and 'guitar' at the same time using a mic-stand!).

Anyway, the best thing about it is without doubt Wonderwall, which (from my limited 'real life' guitar skills) plays pretty close to the real version - in so much as its mostly chords and fast up/down strumming. Feels like playing an acoustic guitar to the song - bang on Harmonix!!

guys, i am really thinking about getting this one. i already found a shop which sells the us version. do you think i will play this yet a few months later or is it only something for hardcore rock fans?

how can i buy new songs, i know that i probably need a credit card but can i just buy them in the us store without problems? (you know i have a fake address for my us account)

150 "only"? thats cheaper than my shop, 240 euros (~ £178.00) .

maybe i should look for a british shop to get it for a more favourable price? but then there is the warranty issue.

It comes out over here in March, better to just wait it out I'd say.

Some cards work some dont i had to get a top up credit card but there are shit loads of song coming out all the time i cant keep up anymore.

Another Faith No More song today for download (US PS3). 'We Care Alot' - not one of their best, but will still be fun - and hey, its Faith No More, so I dont care!!

I LOVE Faith No More! More Harmonix, more!

Back
Top Bottom