Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band - Harmonix, 360 / PS3

I'm happy enough to sing, think that bloke murders the Foo Fighters there! Plus I'm rubbish at guitar.

I'm happy enough to sing, think that bloke murders the Foo Fighters there! Plus I'm rubbish at guitar.

perfect.jpg

seems like forever since this game was first released, glad i checked the thread as am ging to new york tomorrow and was going to try and pickup this over there for my 360 but im guessing it would not work?can you guys confirm it is not region free??is it the game or the controllers that wouldnt be region free or both?is there a way to play this us version on the 360 by a mod or something, not sure how warez that last comment was but need to ask, this game is a must

No way of playing it on a PAL 360 mate, you'll have to wait for the PAL version, or buy an American 360 ;)

YES!!! One of my all-time fave bands get the Rockband 3-song pack treatment this week! 3 new Nine Inch Nails songs :D :D Not the best NIN have done, but great to bring their RB tally to 4 songs...

Last edited:

Will I need to make a US account before I can buy these songs?

I've made a UK account and it accepts a card I actually have, result - but seeing as it's a UK debit card a US account wouldn't list it. I know I can get one of these disposable credit cards but something about them seems dodgy... I've never had a credit card and I don't particularly want to have one...

You got the PS3 then JB?! Thats cool...

Yea, you will need a US account. Can be created very easily - and theres plenty of guides around if you get stuck.

You WILL need a disposable credit card, but they are 100% fine. You never use your personal details, so it cannot come back on you. There is no interest, minimum payments anything like that, they arent a 'traditional' credit card in that way. You basically load money onto them and then can use it on the PS3 US Store.

When you get one, DO NOT do the phone registration, otherwise the US PSN will not recognise it. So basically, when you get the card, if you give your name/address to anyone etc, then you've done it wrong! Just buy it over the counter (£23 is the cheapeast you can get it for - thats £3 for the card and the first £20 loaded on to use), then go to your US PS3 account and choose "Add payment card", select Mastercard, then enter the same details you used to register your US Account in the first place (my fake address is Beverly Hills 90210 - which apparantly most people use and it means the uptake of PS3s in that zip code is something like 10 per person!! :D)

Once the card is in, just add $5 dollars per load (i.e. if you want $20 in your wallet, then add 4 x $5) as this stops too many details being checked and stops your card failing.

I've been doing it since I got RB and its fine!

Is this game aimed at people that listen to Rock rather than any other genre? i just don't really understand the whole concept of being in a band?:CONF: Nsync or the Backstreet Boys :w00t:

What a great day.

:ROCK:

I have a new-found respect for my brother-in-law (yes the FIFA player) who is a drummer in an actual band. Holy crap is it hard. I'm used to getting full-marks on Guitar Hero, on easy and on medium (and on a few songs on hard), but my first ten or so goes on the drums and I'm getting 70%-80%, on easy and on medium. Seriously, that's shocked me.

You think, for God's sake, all you do is bang things a few times and tap your foot in time, it's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy. But it's not. It is incredibly hard trying to sync everything up together in your head - it's totally different from a guitar where you're doing things in order, on the drums you have to do things together at once. I can do the first two drums okay, when I have to use the last two I'm all over the place.

Great game, great songs, and it actually teaches you as well. You can't go wrong.

What a great day.

I have a new-found respect for my brother-in-law (yes the FIFA player) who is a drummer in an actual band. Holy crap is it hard. I'm used to getting full-marks on Guitar Hero, on easy and on medium (and on a few songs on hard), but my first ten or so goes on the drums and I'm getting 70%-80%, on easy and on medium. Seriously, that's shocked me.

You think, for God's sake, all you do is bang things a few times and tap your foot in time, it's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy. But it's not. It is incredibly hard trying to sync everything up together in your head - it's totally different from a guitar where you're doing things in order, on the drums you have to do things together at once. I can do the first two drums okay, when I have to use the last two I'm all over the place.

Great game, great songs, and it actually teaches you as well. You can't go wrong.

cant wait jack, i just set mine up, me and the missus are going to get some coffe then were gonna JAM. Then hopefully it makes her horny and i will get laid.

Funny thing is though JB my bro plays the drums and he says only playing it on hard or higher is like realy drumming. He cant do it on the lower settings.

Christ, it must be a lot harder than I imagined being a drummer then.

How much money for this, and what equipment do you get with it?

Dont have to guess that it arrived then JB!?

Was it worth the wait?...

Have you got any DLC yet?

We'll have to set a time and hook up online - maybe with some of the other guys here who have it.

I was playing on Sunday evening and my guitar batteries died, so I had to switch to drums (for the first time in ages) and I had a blast! Decided to go up to 'Hard' and see what happened and it was really cool. Played the 'easy' tier songs on hard and did quite well - 'Brass In Pocket' is fun to play as is "Say it aint so".

I bombed out on the song after "Dead or Alive'... :(

What a great day.

No way of playing it on a PAL 360 mate, you'll have to wait for the PAL version, or buy an American 360 ;)
Ah, I thought so. Hmm, maybe I'll get Guitar Hero?

Hey Dags, is it possible to rent Guitar Hero III with the guitar from Tesco?

Nah mate, they dont send the guitar out. You can get the guitar from CEX for £30 or something, and sell it on eBay afterwards ;)

Still no sign on any horizon of this coming out in the UK. Last rumour I heard was sometime between May/July.

Thank god for region free PS3 :D

Oh right, so they would just rent me the game though? That's interesting, seeing as Rock Band ain't out till May over here! :((

I got dentist now, but you reckon you could PM me the details or a link to the Tesco renthing thing please buddy? Ta :))

Was it worth the wait?...
Staying up until 3am rocking out to Foo Fighters (Learn To Fly) with headphones on was definitely worth the wait, yes. No question.

It's been pricey from the word go but if the PS3 gets a few class titles then really and truly I'll be very happy with everything. You cannot possibly explain to someone who hasn't played Rock Band, especially with friends, just how great it is.

Have you got any DLC yet?
I have a deal going with the missus, I buy one, she buys one. So I bought Weezer's Buddy Holly and she bought Blink 182's All The Small Things. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

We'll have to set a time and hook up online - maybe with some of the other guys here who have it.
Yeah I was discussing this with Grim last night, I said to him that I'll go on the guitar\bass because I can still kick-ass with that. I'm not singing because I sound like that cat Plan M posted a video of in the Random Crap thread, and I'm not drumming because of the aforementioned difficulty of the drums.

I was playing on Sunday evening and my guitar batteries died, so I had to switch to drums (for the first time in ages) and I had a blast! Decided to go up to 'Hard' and see what happened and it was really cool. Played the 'easy' tier songs on hard and did quite well - 'Brass In Pocket' is fun to play as is "Say it aint so".
Every seperate instrument is great, it really is. Like I say I'm used to the guitar so I'm playing with that most often, but probably having the most fun with the drums because it's completely new to me. I've never done it before, it's incredibly hard but incredibly satisfying at the same time. Singing is great as well but I really need a mic-stand so I can sing and play guitar at once, like you do.

Between this, FIFA 08 online and Burnout I can't pick a favourite. They've all got such different qualities... But gaming is getting better every year as far as I'm concerned. If I had a job in the industry at this moment in time I would be as happy as a dog with two... Bones.

Back
Top Bottom