Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band - Harmonix, 360 / PS3

I defo wouldnt buy RockBand second hand - you dont know what abuse the kit has had - and certainly not for that price!!!!

Its bloody good though :D "Hard to Handle" by the Black Crowes out this week :)

You can get it from eBay for just under £200 delivered from the UK if you don't want to mess with ordering from abroad I suppose.

I'm quite looking forward to it coming out over here on the 360.

I was gonna get it on the 360 when it comes out but i'm quite happy with the ps3 version.

Yea, me too Jay - especially now I've brought most of the DLC from the US - not going to waste all that money just to move over to the 360.

Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden, and (one of my faves!) Interstate Love Song, by Stone Temple Pilots.

There is another, oh, Die! something or other, by The Hives.

There is another, oh, Die! something or other, by The Hives.
Great song that, Die! Something Or Other. The lyrics are fantastic.

Die! Something or other,
You know, whatsisname,
Pass me the thingamajig mate,
Gonna watch The Gen-er-ation Game

I just watched the gametrailers video review of this.. looks amazing! Whats the deal though, why isn't it out on 360 and how much does it cost for the game, the guitar the drums and mic?

It is out for both in the US, just with the PS3 being region free, Paul and Jay imported it, cause they couldnt wait till the Euro release which there is no date for yet. All in I think it cost them 140 sheets after import tax.

Thats correct Hoolio!

One of the US Game websites has also leaked images of an add-on. Its a 'Stadium Light and Smoke' set!!! Guess it connects up via USB and provides a light and smoke show in your front room!!!

$99 - and out in June I think it says (though the story has been pulled by Harmonix).

This weeks DLC

Sweet - Action (cover)
The Monkees - Last Train to Clarksville (Cover)
Blink 182 - All The Small Things

Next weeks - OASIS PACK!

Not a massive fan of Oasis, but this will be something different. Wonderwall, Live Forever and Dont Look Back In Anger.

Week after is a 'Progressive Pack' (??) - which importantly, includes 'Siva' by Smashing Pumpkins - hoorah!

And another Rush and Iron Maiden song, and where is all this Metallica stuff i thought we were getting?

Week of Jan. 22: Oasis Pack (440 MS points/ $5.50)

Don't Look Back in Anger (160 MS points/ $2)
Live Forever (160 MS points/ $2)
Wonderwall (160 MS Points / $2)
Week of Jan. 29: Progressive Pack (440 MS points/ $5.50)

Siva - Smashing Pumpkins (160 MS points/ $2)
Working Man - Rush *Cover* (160 MS points/ $2)
Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial) - Coheed and Cambria *Cover* (160 MS Points / $2)

So I'm thinking of getting this but I don't want to shell out $150 and only play it when I've got friends over, so is the single player any fun?

Me too, I rarely play with others (unfortunately, as it is awesome) and I easily get enough mileage from single player. Drums and guitar are fantastic.

Pick it up, you won't be sorry.

Is it just me that's desperate to get this game? Thought not. I'm going to be poor in the Spring time if Rock Band and GTA both come out

Whilst prob better played with friends in the same room, I still love the feeling of playing online with randoms - still get a nice band feel due to the extra pressure of playing 'in-front' of people.

Nothing better than nailing a solo when it counts, knowing that the 3 other guys or gals are rooting for you!!

How much is the UK version expected to cost. It's around £85 when converted from US, so I'm guessing 99.99 unless they completely rip us off and make it over 100

I remember reading £120, but my memory is as great as Jeremy Clarkson speaking about cuddly wuddly bunnies.

Back
Top Bottom