Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band - Harmonix, 360 / PS3

There's four things you can be in the game, guitarist, bass guitarist, drummer and singer. But in the full set you only get guitar, drums and microphone...?

Are you supposed to use the Guitar Hero III guitar as a bass for Rock Band or something?

Anyway, pboreham, be sure to tell us what it's like. I'm so jealous you wouldn't believe it, this is the game I'm most looking forward to within the next 6/12 months.

There's four things you can be in the game, guitarist, bass guitarist, drummer and singer. But in the full set you only get guitar, drums and microphone...?

Are you supposed to use the Guitar Hero III guitar as a bass for Rock Band or something?

Anyway, pboreham, be sure to tell us what it's like. I'm so jealous you wouldn't believe it, this is the game I'm most looking forward to within the next 6/12 months.

Yea will do - just told my boss that I am not in in the morning as I have to wait for the delivery! :) I'll try and lob some pics up etc as soon as I can.

They are releasing seperate guitars, but not for a while i think. The GHIII guitars dont work on PS3 - which is why everyone is peed off at the mo with the PS3 version.

Sure some 3rd Parties will come out soon though, or they will patch the PS3 version to make it work.

Know what you mean about the game though. I absolutely love(d) PES and way before we knew PES2008 was cack, this was always my most wanted game above PES which was saying something... into that phase now of "I'm going to be disappointed"...

Last edited:

Let me know how much tax you have to pay i might get this now.

Phoned UPS this afternoon - import duty is £39.53 :(

Ah well, still good value...

UPS phoned tonight so I could pay on the phone and the delivery will be by 12 tomorrow. I will post all tomorrow after a good session!! :D

Oh, as far as I know, the GHIII guitars definately DONT work with PS3, but DO with XBOX. Whether Harmonix can patch the PS3 version, nobody knows yet - they are blaming Activision...

This game is freaking awesome! Been playing it for an hour and at first I was very much :( but now :D

First song I tried was Hand That Feeds (one of my faves) on the guitar. And it just felt 'wrong'... the timing was off (i had calibrated to LCD) and everything felt unresponsive - ended up failing on medium about 30 seconds in!

Thats when I was :( as I was pretty decent at Guitar Hero. I tried again and still the same... ok... set up the drum kit and give that a go. That went well, despite not being great at the drums, it felt 'fun'.

I then sung on 'Say it aint so' - another fave and that was fun too (bye, singstar!).

Back to the guitar and Orange Crush. This time it felt much better and I was hitting my notes. Back to Hand That Feeds and boom! Better, great fun, solo'ing is an awesome idea!

Absolute class package and if nothing falls apart, then could sneak GOTY already for me!

Any q's then fire away...

Last edited:

The missing notes thing really worries me. I play GHI on this TV and it's unplayable because of the HDTV lag, the second one I've configured about five times and it's never right. If I play it on an SDTV I hit every note on medium no problem, I'm pretty decent at it, but on a HDTV it's always off. GHIII seemed to be great on this TV though (but I'm thinking this is because the game is more lenient, rather than the config actually working this time).

If Rock Band is off then it will be as frustrating as the first two GHs on this telly and I won't be able to stick with it. Which will kill me because I really, really want this game.

The missing notes thing really worries me. I play GHI on this TV and it's unplayable because of the HDTV lag, the second one I've configured about five times and it's never right. If I play it on an SDTV I hit every note on medium no problem, I'm pretty decent at it, but on a HDTV it's always off. GHIII seemed to be great on this TV though (but I'm thinking this is because the game is more lenient, rather than the config actually working this time).

If Rock Band is off then it will be as frustrating as the first two GHs on this telly and I won't be able to stick with it. Which will kill me because I really, really want this game.

Sure it will be fine - it has loads of config options - including a manual one, or about 8 default presets (LCD, Plasma etc etc).

Stop worrying!

Oh my god... this game is awesome! sorry for you guys that have to wait, really dont mean to rub it in!

just sung in an online band of 4 for 5 songs - no lag, nothing - totally awesome...

Mate he says the total cost on the previous page... £140 including everything...

This really tempts me to beg for a PS3 for Christmas, but I can't. I really want it. It sounds better than life. :(

How much did it cost all together mate with your tax and everything i really want it?

as jack said, £140ish... totally worth it! If you have a wii then sell it and get this. if they have them in stock, use gamestop and you could be playing in a few days!! LOL...

Mate he says the total cost on the previous page... £140 including everything...

This really tempts me to beg for a PS3 for Christmas, but I can't. I really want it. It sounds better than life. :(

Why a PS3? Isn't the 360 version region-free? Plus with the 360 version you can use your GHII guitar as the bass for Rock Band :)

The 360 version isn't region-free from what I've read.

Please prove me wrong.

That looks awesome

especailly the bit where you play your own little bit

Paul whats the noise like when hitting it? It sounded loud when the guy had the music off

That looks awesome

especailly the bit where you play your own little bit

Paul whats the noise like when hitting it? It sounded loud when the guy had the music off

Its fairly 'tappy-tappy' to be honest - think people are getting some sort of rubber tip (oh-err) to mute the sound...

Seems like they can take a fair old hammering though :)

Back
Top Bottom