Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band - Harmonix, 360 / PS3

Just got a big suprise - logged into my GameStop order to see if anything was happening (last note was 'Backordered - Shipping 30/11') - to see that it has just shipped!

Couldnt believe it - with all the stock issues, I'd resigned myself to not getting it for weeks... cool!

Hope you don't get hit with customs mate!

Pretty sure I will - but its all going to work out cheaper than the UK version, plus getting it months early is the bonus!

Looks like I didnt fully consider the DLC - no way to buy off the US Store :(

you can always pick up the PAL disc on release and trade in some old shite to eat a chunk of its price - the drums/guitars should still work

You sure it'll work out cheaper? I imagine customs charges for something like that could be £50 - £80, maybe higher!

Nah, its a percentage of the value of the goods (like VAT).

The UK value of the goods is ~£85. VAT on top will be ~£15.

I brought about £300 of stuff from America once and the customs was around £50.

you can always pick up the PAL disc on release and trade in some old shite to eat a chunk of its price - the drums/guitars should still work

Yea, thats what I'm planning on doing - the Solus version will hopefully not be full game price (like what SingStar do with Solus) - so hopefully around £25-£30 from ShopTo as they are less than retail.

The peripherals will work fine, be crazy if they were (or even could be) region locked.

Guitar Hero III solus is £38 at ShopTo, whereas the full package is £60. Funny considering the guitar alone is £44, robbery!

Guitar Hero III solus is £38 at ShopTo, whereas the full package is £60. Funny considering the guitar alone is £44, robbery!

Thought they'd cancelled Solus for GHIII?

Did you get your Mass Effect today? Looking forward to 1pm when I can see if mines arrive :)

I'm going to go to PC World tomorrow and get it in the 2 for £60 :) ShopTo only started dispatching Mass Effect today so no point paying more than I need to :)

Eh? Everytime I checked ShopTo they said stock was due in, and nobody in the forums said their copy had been sent. You must've got lucky mate :)

Thought most had theirs sent? Got the dispatch email about 4pm yesterday...

Ah well, thats cool!

Hope you get it, leave impressions as usual mate :)

Yea, they're having issues with supply. I thought solus meant just the game, no guitar?

I see. I thought the supply issues were with the bundle. That sucks mate.

Unbelievable, my RockBand has cleared customs already and scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

Surely I havent gotten away without a customs charge?!

Oh, and I have a card through my door for Mass Effect - damnit, they normally just post it through...

They might ask for it at the door, which is what I've read they normally do. If you don't pay the charge, they take it back to the office.

They might ask for it at the door, which is what I've read they normally do. If you don't pay the charge, they take it back to the office.

They have done that to me before, I'm really Pissed off with shopto why wait till today to tell me i aint getting my game i ordered the bloody thing about 6 months ago.

rock-band-hands-on-top.jpg

Didn't realise the equipment was so big!

Edit: Oh er missus! Just realised what I'd said.

yea, possibly as its UPS - think they have like a swipe machine or something...

I thought it might be higher than £15. So it'll stand you about £125?

I thought it might be higher than £15. So it'll stand you about £125?

Erm... $205 = ~£102
Customs £40... so ~£140... prob the same as the UK Price :-/

Ah well, its a few months early... now I am looking forward to all the controllers falling to bits within 2 hours and then having to sort out shipping BACK to the US...

Yea, I've thought about that when considering expensive things being delivered from abroad. Couldn't be dealing with shipping back.

Hope the game is worth it mate. You can always get the solus when it comes out over here, and sell the NTSC solus. Then you can get the European DLC :)

Back
Top Bottom