Resistance 2

Re: Resistance 2 PS3

I have a US code from PlayStation Underground and I was hoping to give it to a friend. Does he need a US account to download it and install it or can he use his regular EU account?

I can't stand the yanks screaming in my headset and when i turn it off they are on my TV really fucking loud.

I think you might be able to use someones who had the code and hated the game by downloading it through their download history (involves sharing psn login details) - even if it blocks the original code holder from playing the game like it did with me on LBP the person who downloads it should be fine

Thats the US one though isnt it? Because the game is coming out on the 4th over there. Our EU beta doesnt end till the 14th I think.

I have never played the first resistance game but this looks appealing especially the on line side of things. I mean 60 players on line? cant go wrong with that I suppose.

I got an email today which is the code i gave to jay saying it ends on the 30th. I've heard nothing about the EU beta but thats great news if it lasts longer. I love that levelling up takes freaking ages - ive played a bunch of games im im only just at rank 4 and then i saw the game has unlocks up top level 22 in the beta and more in the full game. wowza!

The Skirmish mode is the best one, I've had a lot of fun in those games.

Hopefully one of you lot with the beta key's will give a review once you've played it enough :))

Are skirmish the ones where the objectives change? They're alright them - a lot of variety so you'll go from protecting/capturing an area to killing/protecting a target.

I enjoy the co op games myself the best but that's just the type of gamer I am rather than how the modes are. I'm much more happier killing AI with human mates.

-

Not sure how to review the beta though...

The Main Menu

Superbly designed - a quick press of :triangle: brings up a 360 style tab menu from the right side of the screen with your friends list showing who is online and offline and also lets you know if any of those online friends are in a game or lobby and from there you can invite them into your party or join their party.

you can also check out your clan, your friends and your own personal stats in there.

Once you're in a party (i think its a maximum of 30 - which makes sense for 30 vs 30 TDM) the leader then decides what game modes to play and everyone else gets taken along for the ride.

So if the leader goes into Co-Op or a TDM game or creates his own everyone in the party will be taken along as well and put in the same squad/side.

Co-Op
It's (at least in the beta) a maximum of 8 players and a minimum of 2. In the beta level you get a short back story to read during load time which is different each time you play (I think there are 12 variations). Once you're in the game your objectives are randomly put together by the game.

For example the first time you go in your first objective is to press some switches to turn off some enemy beacons - then from there you have to fight up a hill to turn off a final beacon. then from there you have to destroy a gigantic rocket launching enemy then you have to destroy 2 shields protecting a door - after that the doors open and you have to destroy a giant robotic crab monster and that's the end.

The next time you go into the same level you'll start with an assault on a area full of buildings - than after the main enemies are dead your objective changes to killing 2 gigantic rocket monsters - then an enemy drop ship comes in dropping off an army of enemies that you have to kill then you'll have to destroy 2 shields that protect a door - take out that robot crab - then run back to turn off some switches and finally kill 2 giant rocket guys to finish.

They're longer than this - i think there are about 8 steps each time but from start to finish it can take a team of 8 about an hour at times to complete it - though with a good team of 8 working together you can nail it in about half an hour.

In this mode you're split into 3 classes. Soldier, medic and spec ops (i think its called ranger?).

The soldier is the tank of the group that also has a shield they can call up to block most of the blasts fired at them. The medic is obviously the healer of the group, as the medic gun zaps energy from the enemies with an alt fire that fires that energy at your teammates to replenish their health, so you need to keep an eye on the triangles above your teammates’ heads and keep them a healthy green. Special ops carry a Bullseye that can snipe enemies along with firing an electrical burst as its alt fire, but his role is to keep his teammates stocked with ammo, which you can toss at them like they’re grenades

Competitive

deathmatch and team deathmatch are as you expect. Up to 60 players on one map all split into smaller squads of 5. Each squad has a rival squad that at the end of the game tells you which team won overall and shows you if your 5 man team was better than your rival 5 man team. I'm not sure if you gain anything extra from killing your rival squad over the other players... but your rivals are highlighted while players by a coloured bar above them once you have them in your sights. They don't get highlights through walls or any crap like thats - it's just as you aim at them their name and colour will appear letting you know you're about to blast a rival. Another in game thing is a rival player - so if someone snipes your head or takes you out a few times in a row with grenades they will have a pulsing circle above their head when you have your cross hairs on them. It doesn't do anything other than let you know you just took out the guy who took you out and doesn't show through walls or anything like that.

core control is an easy one to imagine. You capture the objectives by standing next to them draining your opponents control on them and then applying your own control over them. Repeat until the time limit runs out and the leading team wins or the score limit is hit to win.

Skirmish mode works quite well with 60 players since everyone is organized into squads that are given their own objectives to complete to help the overall team win the battle. Your squad has a rival squad of 5 and your team might be told to protect a certain player while the other team have to kill them. Achieve this and your squad and the team get the points.

-

there are no vehicles in the BETA - I don't know if there will be in the full version.

The maps sizes... erm... The co-op map is about as big as a small BFBC map but it's much more closed quarters and full of buildings and paths and obstacles - If you remember Oasis from BFBC - id say the beta co-op map is the same size if you chopped off the first area. So you took it from the building with the chopper in, AA gun on top of a building and the fields next to it to the area at the end.

The TDM/DM/Core/skirmish maps i'm not sure of. I know Chicago is pretty small in skirmish but ivbe seen that the underground area opens when its core control. But it's basically a load of buildings with paths between and jump pads to get up and around. It feels quite small at times but when you get up high and look around i'd say its a medium sided map.

Your best bet is to check out youtube - they're all on there and you can get a good look at the sizes of them. But you can get a good idea of how big they are by the maximum player allowed.

Competitive Multiplayer
Skirmish, Core Control, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch Modes
o Orick Map (60-, 40- and 20-player configurations)
o Chicago Map (40- and 20-player configurations)
o Sub Docks Map (Bay Area) (10-player configuration)

8-player Co-op
o Orick Map

The beta is still live, I was on it last night.

The map in the woods is nice, crouching down in the water and picking people off is :COOL:, the water effects and DTS 5.1 are also nice.

I'm desperate to play this game!

I can't believe Sony didn't make it a worldwide release, pathetic!

8 days to go...

Are up for some co op next week?

I'm hoping to get the official headset before the end of next week.

EDIT: Just got a text from ShopTo, I'm very tempted to order it now and get it tomorrow...just got my phone bill, I'm going to have to trade in Madden for this.

Last edited:
Nice, we need 5 more players for some 8 player co op.

Edge didnt like it - but they didnt seem to like much this month.

To be honest, I still think R2 is cack and I wont be bothering this time.

Back
Top Bottom