Resistance 2

Re: Resistance 2 PS3

I quite liked it.

I've played about 4 co op games which i found quite fun. You basically keep off wave after wave of enemy while trying to progress forward to the objectives. Very hard but when you have a good mix of classes in the group it can be much easier. The only annoyance is unless you pick the soldier class its very hard to get the EXP you want to advance.

I played 2 games as a medic and did nothing but heal my team mates and occasionally use my gun on the enemy to drain their life and the other people playing with me were on 5000+ exp while i only managed something like 500.

60 player online team death match was up next - i remember them saying everyone was split into groups of 5 so it sounded like you'd only see your group and the opposing 5. but it's not like that. 60 people are all on the map at once with guns blazing and grenades flying. A lot of fun BUT its not something i could play night after night and really enjoy.

I've not played the rest of the modes yet but im not really gagging to either. It's alright and what ive played so far i did like but its not amazing enough to pull me away from SR2 or PES09

Didn't really like it, just felt too generic and didn't stand out from other FPS's.

What with having to shoot people hundreds of times before they die?

Sorry, not for me this one :((

I still have the code if anyone wants it

I haven't used it so you wont get banned or whatever

Been playing this a little more and enjoyed it more and more with each play. But i agree with some of the above points - the guns lack that kick they should have and everyone takes a good fair round or 2 to put them down.

I finished a co-op game and it lasted for ages with us all taking out more and more bad guys while working as a team healing each other supporting each other with health, ammo and shields to get behind. I really enjoyed it and hopefully its a teaser of the co op campaign/storyline. But once ive done each co op level i dont really think id want to go back and do them again and again.

Probably worth a rent but there are far better games coming

After going back and playing Co-Op again I found that the maps mix up the objectives a lot. One time you'll be told to fight your way around to eventually take out a huge spider thing - another time your final goal will be a gigantic rocket launching monster and a third time a mothership will land dropping off 2 of these rocket giants.

You also gain EXP in a similar way to COD4 so unlocking extra weapons takes time which should add a lot of replayability.

The competative side to the game hasn't blown me away yet - 60 player team deathmatch is fun, the skirmish missions play like the GTA missions where you get random objectives given to both teams and the first team to do them gets the points. But it's all a bit mindless without your stats tracking - for a beta though I'm liking this more and more with each play. I just don't think i'll be running out to buy it over LBP or Fallout 3.

I've applied again, that site looks cool.

Just got an email from Playstation underground saying im invited into the Resistance 2 public beta. Again.

So I have 1 spare code.

I know Scorp1o pm'd me the other day asking about codes but he seems to be looking at coopz for his code. But after that i guess i'll work from the first to post they missed a code and want one in this thread.

did anyone else get an email?

Applied for the beta but still havent got the confirmation yet, Rad, can you help me out?

Seems there are problems with the playstation underground codes - some are saying they could only download it through the USA PSN while others can't get the cde to work at all.

List of trophies
http://ps3trophies.co.uk/trophy.php?forumid=44

---

I was going to offer it to the person who posted first in this thread saying the missed the codes from the other day... i think jay posted first saying he'd missed out on a code so id go to him first im afraid.

It depends on who got a code from who and if anyone got a code themselves from signing up to the RFOM site. But the order of people who were after codes.

Jay
mjsmith2k
tobi
Scorpio (who did pm me about a code the other day but seems to be after coopz if he still has it)
FreMM

So if jaygrim gets Rad's code, I should get Coopz's code right?

Come on Coopz hook me up buddy.

R2-EM-SERIES6_03.jpg

R2-EM-SERIES6_04.jpg

Jay do you still want this?

Last edited:

Right if no one claims it by midnight tonight i'll post the code here and the first to use it gets it!

Code has been taken by Jay.

Last edited:

If you manage to get it to work i found that you have to change the settings in your profile to allow people to join you. By default everything is set not to allow friends to join your games.

I played 2 rounds last night and it felt a bit weird, its more to do with me though, I haven't played an FPS since January.

EDIT: How long does it take to update your stats because I have a lot more than 6 kills.

Last edited:

had a go at this last night, im in the beta too and found it ok. Weapons are a bit meh, but it's an improvement on 1. Looks far more polished.

Once i get the hang of it again i'm sure it will improve further.

I'm not sure about the stats not updating - ive noticed that competitive stats aren't tracked as they're all unranked games. But i have stats in my unranked section - ive no idea how accurate they are.

Stats and unlocks are kept in Co-Op games though as they're ranked.

I love the co op games - every time you play it the objectives are mixed up changed. The more i play this the more i want it

I love it, the stats issue has been reported on the forums and they are aware of it.

I have played quite a bit of the Resistance 2 multiplayer beta and im impressed. The menus are clean and smooth. Competitive game modes even at 60 players online had minimal lag which is fantastic. The gameplay seems to be a step up from Resistance 1 as are the graphics. One thing I dont like is that when you zoom down the gun sights by holding L1 there should be no crosshair. Co-op is great fun with the different objectives. When my friend came round we were able to play together splitscreen online in both modes which is a great feature that should be available in more games. (I believe its also in Warhawk). The use of myresistance.net and its improved interface is also a nice extra for those who play in lots of ranked games or clan matches. Overall though this game is a definite purchase. I look forward to the release. :)

Back
Top Bottom