Real Madrid Thread

Guys do you know something about Seitaridis joining Real Madrid?
Here in Greece they say that tonight in 24:00 he will be a player of Real.
I think he is better than Salgado and he will be in starting eleven if the deal concludes........ :D

Evo said:
I thought he was joining Porto?

And he is a very good, solid player.

well if it is the greek right back, he has ALREADY signed for Porto before the Euro's.

Yes he is the right back but the news are saying that he didnt sign in Porto yet!!!!!!!
Tonight Real will make an offer for 4,000,000 Euros to Panathinaikos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will see tonight..........

during the comentary on the bbc and itv they kept saying he'd signed before the euro's!!!

Real Madrid vs Chiclana (league 3) 11 - 0

Guti - 3 Goals
Ronaldo - 2 Goals
Zidane - 2 Goals
Portillo - 1 Goal
Raul - 1 Goal
Beckham - 1 Goal
Morientes - 1 Goal

Morientes, don't play for Madrid this year

I think Madrid need to do several things

1. Get the team fitter to stop them getting too tired

2. Pick Ronaldo and Miorentos upfront for partnership as Raul is shite for last 18 months.

3. Kick Raul and Beckham backside

4. Buy another central defender, Viera and Xlonso and Joaquin

5. Improve attacking football like Del Bosque era.

I dont get to see many Real games here, but I was wondering if you RM diehards think Becks should move back to the wing , and let Figo slip into the central role. I think Figo can play in the center, and then you let Becks play the role he is best at.

Opinions?

Also, what did you think of Beck's last season as a player, and how much do you blame him for the teams' problems?

PEACE

I *love* the way everyone slags off Beckham's contribution at Real. You only had to watch a few games to see that he had a much better season than Raul or Zidane. But then most people think the sun shines out of Zidane's arse so I'm not that surprised.

foxrocks said:
I *love* the way everyone slags off Beckham's contribution at Real. You only had to watch a few games to see that he had a much better season than Raul or Zidane. But then most people think the sun shines out of Zidane's arse so I'm not that surprised.

OK - that's exactly what I'm talking about. I even posted a similar statement on ESPN about why all the blame seemed to be on Becks for their downfall last season. with Raul and Zizou not playing up to their level of old, why did all the venom come down on a winger made to play a Makelele-type role?!

It's funny when folks say Beck sucked in the Euro's too. Sure, his offense and PK's left much to be desired, but he played with more tenacity in every game than anyone other than perhaps Cambpell. Look at the Portual match and you can see that Becks is the FIRST man back on defense at every change of possession. Nobody seems to mention this.

I'm not some Beck's fanboy either. I just call it like I see it. And to me, he was nonstop and everywhere without delay.

Not sure I agree with your comments about Euro 2004 - Beckham was dead on his feet late on against Portugal but Eriksson didn't have the balls to take him off - but you're dead right about his Real season.

Zidane admitted himself that he was in "some the worst form of my life" last year and Raul was just awful, and yet Beckham was the scapegoat.

I remember one game last season, Osasuna maybe, I can't remember. Beckham got the ball on the left, ran towards his own goal then all the way across to the other side of the pitch and back towards the opponents' goal, all the while looking for a pass while his 'team' mates stood around wondering what the hell he was up to.

The problem for Beckham is that he stands out because he tries harder than everyone else. Because he's running around trying to win the ball, he stands out more than the rest of the overpaid prima donnas who fade into the background. I'm no Beckham fanboy either, but it winds me up when people blame him for Real's capitulation last year.

Fred_Gavioes said:
ThomasGOAL said:
Again, Morientes don't play for Madrid this year, transfer coming soon.

he will play for madrid this year, i saw in the newspaper La Marca , he said that he plan to stay 2 more years.

Really ? i have view the opposite in a other newspaper :roll:
Maybe it's good for Madrid.

Go ahead you Real fans,take the Gooners captain and make him the 7th Galactico,I did that in WE7I and Real are a very hard side to beat!!

----------------------Cassillas---------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
Salgado-----Helguera-----Samuel-----R.Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Vieira-----------------
----------------Beckham--------------------------
-------------------------------------Zidane--------
Figo------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------Raul----------------
-------------------Ronaldo------------------------

I love Real Madrid. To some extent though, you have to think that just because you put the best together, they necessarily won't be the best "team". Likewise, that would simply mean that the team just needs more time to build that chemistry. They had the tools to completely dominate, now they just have to utilizr them. I don't think Beckham deserves any downplay. Every time he plays, he has consistantly been a threat with his long ball passes and crosses. I don't know though. I know for sure though that their interst in defenders and the fact that they have actually brought in Samuel as a start is excellent. If they brought in Carvalho, they could then simply push Helguerra to the DMF position. If they could get Viera, then the need for another CB wouldn't be quite as bad. I think overall though, they need to solidify their central defense with some players that can really govern the play around them. R. Carlos and Salgado seem just fine at their positions, so i don't feel like their is much problem there. In the end though, Real Madrid really have to become more of a team. and that's my rant for the day. :D

Eto'o is going to sign with Real Madrid ill 2009/2010 or so
but he cant play for RM as RM has 3 none EU players allready but Carlos is getting an EU pass in February or so

Viera wants to leave. "AS" a sports paper in Spain asked Viera if he was leaving Arsenal the reply was
"Yes, I need a change of scenery."
And asked where the reply was
"Hopefully it is Real Madrid," smiling

soman said:
but he cant play for RM as RM has 3 none EU players allready but Carlos is getting an EU pass in February or so

I don't think Roberto Carlos will be around in 2009/10, mate. Why would they wait until then to sign him anyway? He's what, 22? I can see why they might not want him now, but five years seems a long time.

soman said:
Viera wants to leave. "AS" a sports paper in Spain asked Viera if he was leaving Arsenal the reply was

Reading it in AS is the equivalent of saying you heard it down the pub.

The AS and Marca are Real's puppets. I'd take everything they say with a very large grain of salt. Fact is, Vieira is in Austria with the squad now, and I can't see him leaving the club if he puts on the shirt and plays a friendly. The final chapter of this saga will be finished very soon.

foxrocks said:
soman said:

I don't think Roberto Carlos will be around in 2009/10, mate. Why would they wait until then to sign him anyway? He's what, 22? I can see why they might not want him now, but five years seems a long time.

No! they signed eto'o till 2009....they will get him back feb or next season. Gets back on loan to Mallorca.
soman said:

Reading it in AS is the equivalent of saying you heard it down the pub.

Who knows....Im happy with RM gettign Walter Samuel

soman said:
foxrocks said:
soman said:

No! they signed eto'o till 2009....they will get him back feb or next season. Gets back on loan to Mallorca.

Ah, I see. In your original post there was a typo that said 'ill', and I took it to mean '...sign with Real Madrid in 2009...', but you meant 'till 2009. Now I see.
:)

i bet etoo will sign for real and will be loaned to benfica for a couple years...

Back
Top Bottom