Real Madrid Thread

Madrid now need to qualify for next seasons Champions League, who would have thought it :shock:

your wrong, they need more squad depth for the likes of Figo and Zidane, a more experienced and capable striker for rotation for Ronaldo and for Perez to offer R. Carlos a 3/4 year contract extension.

well, I don´t think we need another strike for we have Portillo, but yes of course we need a deeper squad but don´t worry we will get at least 3 more players...

Well Morientes should stay, but both he and the club need to agree firmly about this - instead of falling into a similar trap of marginilisation.

manoleteloveman said:
well, I don´t think we need another strike for we have Portillo, but yes of course we need a deeper squad but don´t worry we will get at least 3 more players...

and what did he do this season??? ;)

cigol said:
Well Morientes should stay, but both he and the club need to agree firmly about this - instead of falling into a similar trap of marginilisation.

I don't think Morientes will stay, because Madrid can make pretty good transfers with him, besides he will not be happy sitting on the bench after the great moment he went through and after playing the CL final.

And IMO madrid need a defensive MF that can make the work that hasn't been done since Makelele left. Vieira is my top choice.

I reckon that Arsenal will let Vieira move to Madrid...but he is a great choice for that position...or Davids is good too, but him moving from Nou Camp to Madrid will be like another figo...

Have all of you see the European Cup the Real madrid players have done? Just horrible! Raul, Becks, Zz, only figo has played a bit..Is it Queiroz fault because he has played only with 11 players? Or maybe our players are not as good?

Luisao has been linked with Madrid so it looks like they'll finally have a defence!!!
All they would need after that is a right back.

RuneEdge said:
Luisao has been linked with Madrid so it looks like they'll finally have a defence!!!

Salgado is the best right back in the world. Spain didn't go far in Euro 2004 due to his absence.

Lionheart said:
RuneEdge said:

Salgado is the best right back in the world. Spain didn't go far in Euro 2004 due to his absence.

I wouldn't say that. Marchena and Helguera played surprsingly well together in defence, imo, and Puyol was tremendous. However, I agree that Spain do look more solid on paper when they have Salgado on the right and Puyol in the centre with Helguera.

Lionheart said:
RuneEdge said:

Not in the world.

hopefully xabi alonso but last season david beckham tried to :P

yazoo said:
hopefully xabi alonso but last season david beckham tried to :P

I think Beckham filled a couple of holes whilst in Madrid.... :mrgreen:

God knows why Cambiasso didn't get a knod. Not surprising that they let go of Flavio and then Makalele in successive seasons and are found wanting.

Perez was an idiot for stating "Buying a defender is a sign of weakness"... he's eating the biggest humble pie in the world at this moment!

Nobody here in madrid really cares about Makelele´s absence, as actually he has shown in this european cup the great accurancy he has when he has to deal with the ball...He just runs and runs...

I mean, don't Madrid have a player thats defensive like Makalele.
And I think no one cares about Makelele cuz he isn't a big world class superstar like Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, etc are. But he's the kind of player needed IMO.

I don´t agree. Real madrid has to have as much as they can the ball, so we don´t need athletes... and Makelele isn´t even a great defender..

Hopefully they just get Carvalho and another rotational midfielder to beef up squad depth, it's also important Morientes stays for high quality backup too.

well the last rumors here say that Carlvalho is very near, and also Seitaridis and Xabi Alonso are being considered. Not bad players, but not high class ones...

manoleteloveman said:
well the last rumors here say that Carlvalho is very near, and also Seitaridis and Xabi Alonso are being considered. Not bad players, but not high class ones...

FYI, Carvalho is considered one of the best central defenders in the world.

Milan Baros is trying to say Real have been in discussions about him. Now he had a good tournie, but someone's having a laugh if he's going to oust (or replace) Raul or Ronaldo or even Morientes. Sorry he had a good tournie, but has he really kicked his arse for Liverpool? Even when he did get a chance.

FD

well, it is true Baros will be in our team, but just in case the dreadful candidate Lorenzo Sanz wins..I hope that never happens

manoleteloveman said:
well, it is true Baros will be in our team, but just in case the dreadful candidate Lorenzo Sanz wins..I hope that never happens

looks like you got ya wish...

according to the guardian.

MADRID, July 11 (Reuters) - Florentino Perez is heading for a landslide victory in his bid to be re-elected as Real Madrid president according to early exit polls on Sunday.
A poll run by Spanish sports daily Marca showed that of 700 club members who had voted on Sunday morning, 661 said they had voted for Perez, 25 for former president Lorenzo Sanz and 14 for third candidate Arturo Baldasano.
Perez was already reported to have gained 11,034 postal votes from the 65,197 club members entitled to vote in the election, while Baldasano had garnered 34.
Sanz, who had tried to have the election postponed because of what he said were irregularities in the way Perez had collected postal votes, had registered none.
Perez, who won a surprise victory over Sanz four years ago, was in confident mood.
"I would be very surprised if I lost," he told sports daily AS on Sunday.
"The club members know what my aims are and they know that if they support me Real Madrid will construct a team that will make history by recruiting the best players in the world every year."
He made no promises about which new players he might sign, but has admitted that he has been negotiating with European champions Porto to bring in defender Ricardo Carvalho and midfielder Costinha.

Polling ends at 1800 GMT, with the result expected to be announced within three hours.

With Barca on the up and having some very good young players, this year is gonna be an interesting one.

Back
Top Bottom