1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Real Madrid Thread

Discussion in 'Club Threads' started by Lionheart, 19 December 2003.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Guest

How can we have all these club threads but not a thread on the biggest and greatest club on Earth?

Today Real squeezed in the Spanish Cup last 16 thanks to Raul's overtime heel kick. Since Leganes failed to axe the whites, no one will now.

Champions League is a tougher job. Bayern first round can be tedious, but there's no reason why Real can't win both games.

Last edited by a moderator: 16 December 2004
  2. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    How lucky were Real?

That just further proves to me that Real cant play away from the Bernabeu

They need to stop buying attacking players and get there shit defence sorted

3. Fred_Gavioes

Fred_Gavioes Brazilian showman

19 February 2003
    Lowell/Massachusetts/USA
    CORINTHIANS and BRASIL
    about time...

Lol, real madrid need to buy Alex (santos defender, and they will be allright)

4. foxtrot

foxtrot Shoe bomber

24 December 2002
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Rangers FC
    Real Madrid won't sign defenders. It is seen as a sign of weakness according to their chairman or someone.

5. GoonerMagik

GoonerMagik Guest

Yeah the Madrid Prez wont have any it.Im sure if it was actually up to the Coach a Defender would be top of his list,Its stupid really coz they could ave anyone they wanted probably(Im talking about defenders ;) )

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I heard that Valdano is pleeing with Perez to purchase new defenders, so it looks like defenders will be on there way soon. So it's not looking good for European football if Real get in some decent defenders.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:mrgreen:

Nice one Thomas boy!

So Beckham's the best player in the world because Victoria said so. :D

8. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    :mrgreen:
    look in manhester united thread ;)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilliant!

Hi,

"My name is Ruud Van Nistelrooy" :mrgreen:

10. loz

loz Guest

they are after that great defender Abl Xavier. Yeah that's right, the Pool misfit!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He wasn't that bad, it's just that Liverpool hate attacking defenders. :mrgreen:

12. GoonerMagik

GoonerMagik Guest

Wonder if he's still got his Blonde Barnet/beard combo

13. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

LMAO :mrgreen: "speedy gonzalez" hahaha, quality TG

-azn

14. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

hahhaahha 8 legs

-azn

15. cigol

cigol League 1

14 August 2003
    Yes Perez is quoted as saying this, but Carlos Quieroz the new coach for Madrid has said that they will be looking into buying both a defender & a midfielder in the January transfer, and then some time afterwards had an outburst slating the team for I forget what exactly, but complacency, attacking mentality.. not sure.

Plausible that everyone is unsettled by this.

Remember also that EVERYONE in the world knows about Madrids defense and that it needs improvement, could it be possible prices will be driven up by the demand?

They also say a lot of things and do the exact opposite so who knows. not me.

it's funny how they are still able to top the champions league group stage & spanish first division though.

Nothing's ever perfect ;)

16. methic

methic Guest

casillas often covers up the mess caused by the defenders.

17. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    The best defence is the attack. :D

18. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

hmm, my reply to that is "Attack wins you matches, Defence wins you Championships" ;):mrgreen:

-azn

19. Fred_Gavioes

Fred_Gavioes Brazilian showman

19 February 2003
    Lowell/Massachusetts/USA
    CORINTHIANS and BRASIL
    the best defense is ronaldo :D

20. syeren

syeren Guest

Anyone see the match today?

Real started off real shakey, i even got worried when they went 1-0 down, but they soom come back with an awesome header by Raul. In the second half they seemed to keep with the flow with a goal from ronaldo. The second major run Ronaldo did won Real a penalty and Figo stepped up and scored.

Eto'o and Mallorca was really unlucky in General, with many attempts just going wide or hitting the posts.

Overall, it was a good game, but this match really illustrated how weak Real's defence was, with Mallorca's attack just running through the back four and with quite a few mistakes from Pavon.

My Personal Man of the match was Casillas, he perfomed solidly through out the game and really saved Real on quite a few occasions.

21. Metallica

Metallica Whoosh... Bullshit!

20 August 2003
    Pissed up in Sam Platt's
    i saw the goals, bad mistake in the defence that led to mallorca to score

but a brilliant goal from ronaldo

22. cfdh_edmundo

cfdh_edmundo Maverick

30 December 2002
    theres on team you want to watch in Spain this season and that team is Club Atletico de Madrid....

23. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your right there buddy!

There my fave team aswell, only because of Burgos and Torres tho. You must see this Atletico Madrid banner I have, it's massive and looks sweet.

ATLETICO!! ATLETICO!!

24. cfdh_edmundo

cfdh_edmundo Maverick

30 December 2002
    saw them play Valencia in the Calderon earlier this year, bit of a let down in terms of performance (lost 3-0) but really cool atmosphere in the ground. Theyve picked up a lot tho, new signings like Ari Ibagaza, Lequi and Musampa have all settled in well. Torres is the best Spanish striker in La Liga at the moment... on much better form than Raul. Hes signed a contract extention too, heres to hoping they sneak the last of the Spanish CL places... bring back the glory days of 96 !!

25. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    Zico, is there anyone you don't support??

26. Vannizzlefashizzal

Vannizzlefashizzal TWENTYTIMES!!!!

31 October 2002
    lol

27. T Butcher fan

T Butcher fan Champions League

3 December 2001
    A more frequently asked question than 'Does God exist?'!