PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official Reviews, Opinions and Vids Topic

I find this game too slow, unresponsive and far to stiff. Fast attackers still get caught by slow defenders and still the same bullshit deflections going back to the CPU players and its like "What the hell? how can that happen?" ZZZZZZ im tired of Konami keeping these same bad elements in the game. Does anyone else feel this game is too slow and too stiff? or is it just me? also the Passing the speed of the passes is always the same and it hardly ever goes to the player you want it to....

hmmmm feels a bit indifferent to me.

DJ

The first sentence of that post sums up why I can't stand the game and why I can't deal with people saying it's realistic. Passing to someone who stands deadly still waiting for it is not realistic, neither is players sticking rigidly to their position. It feels realistic for ROBOT-football, but not real football.

I seriously think Seabass made a good game ten years ago and is now struggling like hell to make any real improvements, I don't think his knowledge when it comes to next-gen machines is good enough. The game is way too stiff and CPU-defined, in every respect. Every pass I do is slower than I wanted, or to the wrong man.

They need to start from scratch, I think.

So im not the only one who thinks something like ISS Pro Evolution on PSX still feels better and more appealing than this? Shite graphics aside of course.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
I find this game too slow, unresponsive and far to stiff. Fast attackers still get caught by slow defenders and still the same bullshit deflections going back to the CPU players and its like "What the hell? how can that happen?" ZZZZZZ im tired of Konami keeping these same bad elements in the game. Does anyone else feel this game is too slow and too stiff? or is it just me?
DJ

After playing alot more, i agree with the above statements. it can get bloody frustrating trying to carve open chances and win the ball off the cpu and im only on regular level. Im probably shit at it though right now as I didn't play Pro evo 5 as that was balls so my pro evo skills are rusty. Shooting as well takes a bit of getting used to but then so does every version of the game. Im toying with the idea of leaving it back and getting Fifa but after playing the demo it didn't do much to convince me. Both games aren't the best, I'll probably perserve with PE6, better the devil you know!

lugnut... go into the thread which someone made about this and have a pop at csaunders.... he had a few shots at me for questioning whether this was genuine or not!!

DJ

the passing is a complete joke really, half the time they're just not weighted properly and they end up getting intercepted far too often compared to previous verions.

i've found the only way to play this game is with 1-2 passing, it's almost impossible to play this game through direct passing in the middle because your players are always standing still, and because it's so hard to get past ppl you end up losing the ball before a decent attack can be built up.

i don't hate this game but it's really frustrating at times, almost like half my players are on valium. Even the give and go passing sucks half the time because if you're player accidentally runs into the cpu player he will stop his run 8 times out of 10.

i don't what anybody else says this game IS RUSHED!!!!!!

very hard to manouvre with most players ....try using someone like fabregas in the middle of the pitch, he ALWAYS gets caught especially online due to his lag......zidane is another classic example, one of the best players of all time is a complete dud in PES6. i know he's not normally one of the greatest players in PES due to his lack of speed but boy they're really killed zizou in this one.

i shudder to think what it's like if someone like Cygan gets a game LOL.

Exactly!! Exactly why I can't understand people still playing the game, that's exactly how I feel, IT IS NOT REALISTIC and people who say it is (or "you're doing it wrong") are too used to PES to open their eyes. It's not a simulation of anything but robot-football any more. Seabass has no clue, the PSone was his limit.

Apparently the phone number above is genuine, I beg of somebody to ring them and say "why aren't you improving the game any more, why are passes a waste of time, why are midfielders so static, why do strikers run straight into the defenders and then wait for a pass so that the defenders can knock the ball away?"

djdoc360 said:
I find this game too slow, unresponsive and far to stiff. Fast attackers still get caught by slow defenders and still the same bullshit deflections going back to the CPU players and its like "What the hell? how can that happen?" ZZZZZZ im tired of Konami keeping these same bad elements in the game. Does anyone else feel this game is too slow and too stiff? or is it just me? also the Passing the speed of the passes is always the same and it hardly ever goes to the player you want it to....

hmmmm feels a bit indifferent to me.

DJ

exactly, even with henry it's not possible to get to the box alone 9 times out of 10 unless it's timed to perfection with 1-2 passing. you can jenk pass any defender out there and they will be with you all the way to the box.

i love the widescreen and the crisper visuals in 720p but i think they left the gameplay with WE10.

julien said:
at first i was disappointed because the game felt very slow and the cpu ai was worse than on pes5 (keepers all bad, scored 10+ goals resulting from cruicial cpu defensive errors) but then i realised that most of these things only occure on difficult level 4.

on the highest level (top-player) the game feels much more fluid. much better build-up play than pes5, combinations are way easier.

- i actually like the graphics, looks very smooth to me
- stadiums finally with green (!) grass. they all look nice. dont care that there are only 8 of them
- passing is easier, especially through balls
- shooting is harder, just because the power bar loads quicker
- dribbling is not as easy as on pes5, because you have to use the shoulder buttons again (as on pes4)
- defending is easier, just by pressing A + X in centre positions and X near sidelines leaves the cpu no chance (even on top player). that pisses me off a bit because it makes the game too easy all in all. i'm on top of serie a after 10 games without having conceded a single goal yet (also on top player)

all in all i quite like it, although i think it's a bit too easy compared to pes5, where defending was a lot harder.

I share your sentiment. I'm liking it.

lugnut said:
take your scam else where fuck knuckle
its not a scam as far as most of the guys on here can tell, i mean seriously
do you think you will call this number and all of sudden your bank account has been emptied....

djdoc360 said:
lugnut... go into the thread which someone made about this and have a pop at csaunders.... he had a few shots at me for questioning whether this was genuine or not!!

DJ
i didnt take any shots at you for suggesting it wasnt genuine, i took shots at you cause all you do is bitch and moan about PES, and then when someone suggest that everyone should call and complain to konami, you say no its a waste of time. So calm down junior fifa fan boy of the year

I AM LOVING THIS GAME! Playing La Liga as Real Madrid and having a stonking time! It is difficult to get used to at first but after a while everything just falls into place.

As for the FIFA V PES6 debate, play what you love guys and stop having a pop at each other for loving either game - they are both good titles in their own merits (personally I feel that PES6 shits all over FIFA from a great height but thats just MY opinion).

Lets stop bashing each other and enjoy FOOTBALL!

Loving the game too, I don't think any other game is going to get a go in my 360 anytime soon.

El Diego said:
play what you love guys and stop having a pop at each other for loving either game (personally I feel that PES6 shits all over FIFA from a great height)
I'm saying nothing :D

one minute i love it next minute i don't...just played real v valencia and i love it again

Lyvean said:
I don't give a fuck if the replays are good. You can't save them mate! What a load of crap this game is on 360...
well.......first, im not your mate!
And second, the automatic ingame replays (after a missed shot etc.) was what i was talking about. The replays you can control are a different story.
So go to bed, its past your bedtime Lyverboy.

Jack Bauer said:
Exactly!! Exactly why I can't understand people still playing the game, that's exactly how I feel, IT IS NOT REALISTIC and people who say it is (or "you're doing it wrong") are too used to PES to open their eyes. It's not a simulation of anything but robot-football any more. Seabass has no clue, the PSone was his limit.

Apparently the phone number above is genuine, I beg of somebody to ring them and say "why aren't you improving the game any more, why are passes a waste of time, why are midfielders so static, why do strikers run straight into the defenders and then wait for a pass so that the defenders can knock the ball away?"

If this game is anything like WE10, then it fucking stinks. I've boycotted Konami. Enough of this bullshit 8 way direcional running, and not having control over passes and shots. It doesn't even feel like I'm in control most of the time.

well i just played fifa07 and i take back every bad word i said about PES6. (really seabass i take it all back master)

i can't believe i fell for the 'fifa has improved loads, its the better title on the 360' haha it's still a heap-o-crap like it's always been.

i also think visually fifa07 looks awful even next to pes6....both games are terrible compared to what we should be getting but i'm starting to think PES6 isn't as bad as i originally thought. i really hate that blurry texture crap EA just seem to love.

good commentary and better presentation is the only marks i can give to EA ...it really does nothing for me this game just feels totally wrong STILL. :)

Last edited:

I had a go on a ps2 last night, after playing the game on a 360. And i must say i roxx0red ;). On the xbox I have a lot of problems creating chances, maybe its to do with the pace of the game. But on the PS2, I created loads of chances and I converted most of them!! Seriously, world of difference...Anyone got any tips for on the 360? Cheers!

I think I may end up prefering the 360 version over the ps2 version (I've got both at the mo) simply because the ps2 one seems so similar to PES 5 which I've played to death. Usually if you go back to the previous version you realise how much the new one has come on but I didnt feel that when I played 5 again (comparing it to ps2 PES6) apart from the improved AI. I am gonna give it more time though.

Last edited:

I play alot of multiplayer games with my brother, and has anybody noticed when you play a 2 player match against the cpu, the controls are very laggy.
I have tested turning on and off the second controller and it makes an immediate differance.
This game is one big unripe banana!

TeddyKGB said:
well i just played fifa07 and i take back every bad word i said about PES6. (really seabass i take it all back master)

i can't believe i fell for the 'fifa has improved loads, its the better title on the 360' haha it's still a heap-o-crap like it's always been.

i also think visually fifa07 looks awful even next to pes6....both games are terrible compared to what we should be getting but i'm starting to think PES6 isn't as bad as i originally thought. i really hate that blurry texture crap EA just seem to love.

good commentary and better presentation is the only marks i can give to EA ...it really does nothing for me this game just feels totally wrong STILL. :)

I agree:applause: After scoring my 6th 30yd belter in one match i knew it was time to get PES6

SWFC Sean said:
I agree:applause: After scoring my 6th 30yd belter in one match i knew it was time to get PES6
Someone's bought FIFA 06 thinking it was FIFA 07...

Jack Bauer said:
Someone's bought FIFA 06 thinking it was FIFA 07...

T ry it. Stand on edge of box with any decent player. start a jog, hold RB and shoot. It floats over the keepers head as he dives out the way.

PES6 360 is the best footy ever. Online sucks though.

SWFC Sean said:
T ry it. Stand on edge of box with any decent player. start a jog, hold RB and shoot. It floats over the keepers head as he dives out the way.
Tried it, doesn't happen. :)

I'm pro evo (360) over fifa 07 (360). Admittedly the game is only half finished but it still plays a much, much, better game of football in my opinion. I bought both and will be taking Fifa back to the shop - I just can't see the massive improvement that some people are claiming. It seems to be the same old fifa - robotic animations, shooting is terrible, the goal net animations are "actua soccer" standard, stifled gameplay, awful player likeness (micheal carrick!!!!)! I would like nothing better than for fifa to be the best football game in the world ever - i don't care whether it's fifa or pro - i just want good football games!....but currently i can't trade away from pro evo with regard to the 360. I think there's enough potential been showed thjis year to suggest if a proper next gen pro evo is released next year...it will be the ONE!!

wooooooooo im in division 1 now

Back
Top Bottom