PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official Reviews, Opinions and Vids Topic

ripkord said:
I take it you dont own a hdtv

I do & it looks great, no doubt, widescreen is a real boon too... I would've loved it to have been the definitive version, but it ain't the same game... no way, no how. It's definitely lost all it's fluidity. Real shame.

PMF

Jack should stay around, he basically writes what i cant be arsed to :)

I actually love it and feel quite strange for doing so reading through these comments. The last game I played was WE10 on the ps2 and the x360 game feels like a nice step forward in the series gameply wise. It is disappointing with the amount of features missing, but this has never been all that important to me.

The passing feels great to me, partularly the long passing feels greatly improved, the dribbling feels so much more realistic, I was at a point in WE10 where I could run rings around the CPU on 6* and it felt a little unrealistic. In PES6 the players take time to make the transition from one movement to another and it feels balanced to me.

I'm finding shooting quite difficult to adapt to, but the variation in the volleys is really nice. Headers feel a lot tighter. Another thing I noticed is the you can move around a little bit off the ball when receiving passes or loose balls. It reminds me of FIFA's hussle off the ball feature and it gives you the opportunity to run onto the ball from different angles. I also haven't noticed any slowdown at all and the game feels really fluid to me.

I'm loving it to be honest... sORRY IF I'M RAMBLING IM VERY TIRED.

danwin said:
I actually love it and feel quite strange for doing so reading through these comments. The last game I played was WE10 on the ps2 and the x360 game feels like a nice step forward in the series gameply wise. It is disappointing with the amount of features missing, but this has never been all that important to me.

The passing feels great to me, partularly the long passing feels greatly improved, the dribbling feels so much more realistic, I was at a point in WE10 where I could run rings around the CPU on 6* and it felt a little unrealistic. In PES6 the players take time to make the transition from one movement to another and it feels balanced to me.

I'm finding shooting quite difficult to adapt to, but the variation in the volleys is really nice. Headers feel a lot tighter. Another thing I noticed is the you can move around a little bit off the ball when receiving passes or loose balls. It reminds me of FIFA's hussle off the ball feature and it gives you the opportunity to run onto the ball from different angles. I also haven't noticed any slowdown at all and the game feels really fluid to me.

You make me happy.:applause:

danwin said:

This is good to hear Daniel.

Jack Bauer said:
That's not exactly hard if you make a good game and then sell the exact same game for ten years afterwards with a scribbled out number on the end and a new one on top.

That is the dumbest comment ever on this forum. I think we should frame it in someway. It needs to be commemerated so we know how low things can go before you look a complete idiot.

PES1 > PES2 - Nice step up as the game gets used to the tech

PES2 > PES3 - Some regard PES3 as the best version. Big step up.

PES3 > PES4 - Changed the gameplay a lot. Speed is king.

PES4 > PES5 - Introduction of lot more control. Game slowed immensely. Most realist yet barring the irritating niggles.

I think if you played PES6 and went to Play PES4, you'd be in for a huge suprise. Even more so if you played PES3, or PES2, and definately PES1.

The package of PES hasn't changed a massive amount but to be honest, thats not what PES is about. It's the gameplay. The game dynamics have changed SO much from year to year that its hard to play a previous version as it feels so rubbish in comparison. For those who STUPIDLY buy the WE games, I'm not surprised if the PES games don't feel like a massive difference. That's your own stupid fault for buying a game that wasn't meant for you. I only buy PES and to me, the game improves a helluva lot year on year.
Yes the options and modes never really change but I can't access them whilst I'm playing the game. And that's what its all about. Football. 22 men. 1 ball. THE game.

If you don't like PES6, fine. If you think its not the best in the series, fine. If you don't rate the 360 version compared to the PS2 version, fine. But don't accuse Konami of being lazy and selling the same game every year. That is the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard.

It's all in the name. EVOLUTION. That's precisely what this game does and what a lot of sequels fail to do.

And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya.

PLAY FIFA.

Re: PES 360 - Opinions and Reviews

KJK1LL3R said:
Throughout the PES/WE series some very poor, boring players have been exploiting a certain technique that pretty much provides a guaranteed goal or very excellent chance. I think of these goals as poor cheap goals which require little effort or skill to score. These goals normally come from the opponents player running down the wing, doing a cut back and squaring the ball to someone for a shot the usually goes in. Also even just running parallel with the 18 yard line and then cutting back and shooting into the far corner. I am sure many other people will know what i am talking about! Seabass is aware of this problem and he stated that he would try to fix it for PES6 but it appears that he was unsuccessful or else he lied and just didnt bother. Take a look at these two videos and you will see what i am talking about. Particularly the 1st video:

http://www.vsocial.com/video/?d=51864

http://www.vsocial.com/video/?d=51869

Also in many of the videos i have seen the defender A.I looks extremely poor and it looks as bad as defending in WE10 if not worse!

who the fook runs friendly along with the winger? he (defender) should try to get closer to him so he doesn't get enough space. I use the apply pressure function to do this, so that I can mark the player in front of the goal.

This is the smallest problem in pes 6, because if you know how to defend that won't happen often.

I must shout to everyone : LEARN HOW TO USE THE APPLY PRESSURE FUNCTION IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH CUT BACK GOALS. THAT WAY YOU CAN MARK THE OTHER PLAYER

sorry

Last edited:

psimonius said:
That is the dumbest comment ever on this forum. I think we should frame it in someway. It needs to be commemerated so we know how low things can go before you look a complete idiot.

PES1 > PES2 - Nice step up as the game gets used to the tech

PES2 > PES3 - Some regard PES3 as the best version. Big step up.

PES3 > PES4 - Changed the gameplay a lot. Speed is king.

PES4 > PES5 - Introduction of lot more control. Game slowed immensely. Most realist yet barring the irritating niggles.

I think if you played PES6 and went to Play PES4, you'd be in for a huge suprise. Even more so if you played PES3, or PES2, and definately PES1.

The package of PES hasn't changed a massive amount but to be honest, thats not what PES is about. It's the gameplay. The game dynamics have changed SO much from year to year that its hard to play a previous version as it feels so rubbish in comparison. For those who STUPIDLY buy the WE games, I'm not surprised if the PES games don't feel like a massive difference. That's your own stupid fault for buying a game that wasn't meant for you. I only buy PES and to me, the game improves a helluva lot year on year.
Yes the options and modes never really change but I can't access them whilst I'm playing the game. And that's what its all about. Football. 22 men. 1 ball. THE game.

If you don't like PES6, fine. If you think its not the best in the series, fine. If you don't rate the 360 version compared to the PS2 version, fine. But don't accuse Konami of being lazy and selling the same game every year. That is the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard.

It's all in the name. EVOLUTION. That's precisely what this game does and what a lot of sequels fail to do.

And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya.

PLAY FIFA.

lol

I think you should know that Jack actually already IS playing FIFA ;-)

Exactly, so that whole narrow-minded post was a complete waste of time. :)

I've already said I won't comment in these threads any more so, play what you want to.

So you would be happy if the game would only allow you to play friendlies and nothing else? Thats fine if you like that. The gameplay has evolved over the years ( i still have all the ps2 versions bar pes2, lent it out and never got it back :@ ) its just a shame that nothing else has.

In a few weeks, when everbody has had a chance to play it, I would suggest setting up a vote along the lines of "would you buy pro evo again", "would you forgive Konami if they corrected with update via marketplace", and so on, and then somebody mail Konami with a link, so they can see for themselves what people are thinking, and hopefully do something about it.

Last edited:

shieldslfc said:
In a few weeks, when everbody has had a chance to play it, I would suggest setting up a vote along the lines of "would you buy pro evo again", "would you forgive Konami if they corrected with update via LIVE", and so on, and then somebody mail Konami with a link, so they can see for themselves what people are thinking, and hopefully do something about it.

how are konami going to fix the lag via a Live update exactly?

the problem is with the laggy gameplay, not Live itself.

i've just fired up the ps2 and played some WE10.....of course it looks like complete ass next to PES6 especially on my HDTV but the gameplay is just so much different.

they've just absolutely smashed to pieces the progress they had made with WE10, i really can't believe how different it plays versus WE10.

the amount of times you get caught with the ball in your posession because you can't turn quick enough, unless your controlleing a marque player like henry etc, or can't get a pass off because of the lag......it just makes me wanna throw the controller through the TV at times.

for the first time in years i'm going to try Fifa just because this is so fu*n bad.

i had a chance to play it for the first time yesterday at virgin in central london.

after reading the posts about slowdown and unimpressive graphics i was expecting to be dissapointed.

My honest opinion is that its a good game that anyone whos been playin pro evo 5 on the xbox for the last year will definitely enjoy and will NOT be dissapointed with.

The kits look fantastic and the player likenesses are very good. The game runs smoothly. I didnt notice any slowdown.

Only downsides are that the passing seemed a bit loose. The ball wouldnt always go where i wanted it. The keepers seemed a bit slow aswell but their animations are brilliant.

I played as lyon versus inter, drew 2-2 and lost on penalty kicks.

People hated PES5 after WE9/PES4. Then they got used to it and thought it was a better game. I'm willing to bet the same of PES6.

does anyone else have a problem with the shooting!!!

On the PS2 version I can judge the pressure whilst on the 360 its either low or 500 miles in the air, can't seem to do anything but these two on the 360. It could just be me :)

Last edited:

stumpy_uk said:
does anyone else have a problem with the shooting on the PS2 version I can judge the pressure whilst on the 360 its either low or 500 miles in the air, can't seem to do anything but these two. It could just be me :)

Yeah with the PS2 pad on PS2/PC I find it hard to judge the pressure as i've been using a 360 pad on the PC for the last 9 months.

Is it worth buying a 360 for

Ive read through a lot of the pages in this topic and I get very different impressions. The opinions vary greatly and therefore I would like to know whether you guys think that this game is worth buying a 360 for (dont own a hdtv yet).
I love PES, played ISS on the Super Nintendo, and then picked it up again from PES4 on the xbox. Its a game I enjoy playing with my mates, so I dont think Xbox Live lag would be such a big issue to me.
But all the negative comments that have been posted have made me doubt my decision to buy an xbox 360 this week so I can play PES 6.
Should I just buy the pc version and then play over at mates on the ps2? Or is it worth buying a 360 for? Currently I own an xbox, and not a PS2.
Please advise,

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

People are saying there's lag over Xbox live - is the PS2 version likely to be any better online? I have both a 360 and ps2 and would like to start playing online (haven't done so before), but I'm not sure which one to get for the best online experience.

Thanks

have not experianced any lag and played almost constantly since 11am this morning trying to get used to shooting still is difficult but the game is solid, i can live without the kit edit for a year i suppose

i dont use editing; pes6 360 plays brilliant in my opinion and looks very good: best available footy.
Thx Konami for another good footy game.

ok, thanks...

I was worried that u couldn't after hearing that u can only edit players appearances

Ive got it....its okay, but not the same as PS2 or pc version in terms of realism. The graphics are great apart from the player models, which are too tall and skinny.

Ill wait until I can play proper games on xbox live before i get rid...

Just ordered PES6 on PC as this is nowhere near as good as the PC version that I know is great as Ive had WE10 since release.

FIFA on Thur or Fri.....still the jurys out!!!!

Also...from the first hours play. What make the Xbox 360 version worth £33 more than the PC version. The more I play the more I hate and will probably return and get FIFA07.......

The game's lost it's fluidity? Hah!

PES6 is a lot harder than I'd anticipated but I got the hang of it after a few games. It's a lot more complex as oppose to pick up and play, e.g. ball control and individual posession is a lot... looser. Keeping the ball is more of a challenge, which makes your first touch more crucial than ever before. Some may find this stiffling to the team's creativity, it makes for a more difficult, yet realistic game, i.e. Lionel Messi is wiry while Robinho's touch can be smooth or woeful depending on how you deal with the ball.

I'd just like to say to all gamers that haven't played this, don't worry, this game most definitely HASN'T lost it's fluidity, you just have to get used to it. As a matter of fact i found playing pure football with Barca very easy and effective.

I'm with you Jess C..really!
I got the game today and the first matches are really hard...firstly some of you will be a bit disappointed..but forget this..play some games and you will like it more and more..it's really complex and the slow response of the players makes it more realistic then ever imo...so long..it's hard and very realistic..you can always steer the pace of the game..fantastic..all of you out there who are waiting for the postman...believe in me..your anticipation isn't false and most of you will be really satisfied with it :)

Back
Top Bottom