PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official Reviews, Opinions and Vids Topic

Noted said:
It does Jack.. its the only bad part of the great shooting in the game
Fair enough, but it doesn't happen to me... I'm not burying my head in the sand, I've seen the odd shot where the keeper has slide-tackled forward, letting the ball go in over his head, where if he'd have just stayed standing up the ball would have bounced off his chest. Which obviously, isn't right and is a load of crap. But I've not seen this happen from 30 yards. I'm sure it will do eventually, though.

Anyway, back on-topic...

I've given PES6 one last try and I still don't "get" it at all, it's the same as PES5 and yet you can't string two passes together. Through no fault of your own; through every pass being as weak as piss, and the CPU doing things you could never do. Not only is it not fair but it's not realistic; and every online shot ROCKETS over the bar (which isn't something you can get used to, as the lag is different in every game - meaning, at the very least, your first shot will be piss-poor, and why should I have to put up with a game that doesn't give me any control over what I do).

FIFA has it's faults, the 90%-of-the-time-alright 10%-of-the-time-on-drugs goalkeepers for one, but at least you're in control of everything you do, and if your pass goes out it's because you've hit it too hard, or your shot goes wide it's your dodgy aiming, and not the CPU deciding to make the passes awful, the through-passes go to the side and the shots go in the vague direction of your player's run.

I'd rather have total control, slightly dodgy keepers and no lag online than next-to-no control, never being able to string two passes together, shots flying away, slightly dodgy keepers and an online system from the dawn of the internet.

But that's just my opinion™.

Play possession football and you'll get it. Pass it around your back 4 and wait for an opportunity to play it up.

:) Sorry if i keep sounding harsh but i'm just showing my opininion :)

put my copy for sale on Ebay.....it's crap....wouldv'e probably tolerated it had it had editing mode...well pissed off to be honest

danhammer said:
put my copy for sale on Ebay.....it's crap....wouldv'e probably tolerated it had it had editing mode...well pissed off to be honest

What happens if with a free LIVE update,lag is fixed and edit mode is back!
...back to Ebay for u then matey.

Jack Bauer said:
Fair enough, but it doesn't happen to me... I'm not burying my head in the sand, I've seen the odd shot where the keeper has slide-tackled forward, letting the ball go in over his head, where if he'd have just stayed standing up the ball would have bounced off his chest. Which obviously, isn't right and is a load of crap. But I've not seen this happen from 30 yards. I'm sure it will do eventually, though.

Anyway, back on-topic...

I've given PES6 one last try and I still don't "get" it at all, it's the same as PES5 and yet you can't string two passes together. Through no fault of your own; through every pass being as weak as piss, and the CPU doing things you could never do. Not only is it not fair but it's not realistic; and every online shot ROCKETS over the bar (which isn't something you can get used to, as the lag is different in every game - meaning, at the very least, your first shot will be piss-poor, and why should I have to put up with a game that doesn't give me any control over what I do).

FIFA has it's faults, the 90%-of-the-time-alright 10%-of-the-time-on-drugs goalkeepers for one, but at least you're in control of everything you do, and if your pass goes out it's because you've hit it too hard, or your shot goes wide it's your dodgy aiming, and not the CPU deciding to make the passes awful, the through-passes go to the side and the shots go in the vague direction of your player's run.

I'd rather have total control, slightly dodgy keepers and no lag online than next-to-no control, never being able to string two passes together, shots flying away, slightly dodgy keepers and an online system from the dawn of the internet.

But that's just my opinion™.

I don't get fifa. I've only played the demo for 360, but I'm not able to play a long ball, make the suporting striker to head it down for a player to create space. In pes I can play as I like, meet the ball to take it down on my chest and nail it in the net if I like. In fifa I don't feel like I have controll at all, I haven't played it that much so it might be that. But I really don't feel I can recreate anything in fifa, and that's a thing I love in PES. I don't want to play icehockey, passing down the side and put in front of the goal all the time. I want to play more on small places, opening up spaces and stuff like that. Can someone help me out?
I try to be open minded about fifa but it just feels like the same old.
I know PES do that too, but PES plays almost perfect for me.
well...not perfect of course, but still better than fifa IMO

I have been pleasantly surprised to see what responses have been posted on here to PES6. I had a good bash on it yesterday afternoon and to begin with it was extremely unforgiving and I found it very difficult to create goal-scoring opportunities. And when I did, I had to deal with the shock realisation that shooting is exceptionally tough. Your balance has to be good, you can't just press shoot and hope that the player animation stops itself in time to begin the shot, etc. However, if you think about it, realistic football does not result in a shot on goal every time you come into possession, not by a long shot (ahem). I particularly enjoy the defence and the gradual build-up play of this game, which you couldn't really do in PES5. The play is a lot tighter and I find this a lot more rewarding. I'm not all that bothered about editing to be honest. As a lot of build-up play is necessary (the way I play it), I tend to make the match times at least 15 minutes, otherwise you're apt to tear your hair out having not created anything by half-time on a 10 minute game. I think a lot of people are slating this game because they have to be fairly patient with it - football isn't just about scoring. I find the art of defending just as interesting, and I think the defensive part of the game is stronger.

So, if you want a game where you can have loads of shots on goal and show off your unrealistic long shots via replays, that's okay. Nothing wrong with that. But if you want something that captures the gradual build-up play that we enjoy watching so much in real life, maybe it's more your thing.

The one thing I do miss is the replays however, and I do feel let down by that. But as some have said, Pro Evo is all about the gameplay really and that's why we keep coming back to it. I have played the new FIFA and it's in Pro Evo's shadow in my opinion.

Ginner said:
I have been pleasantly surprised to see what responses have been posted on here to PES6. I had a good bash on it yesterday afternoon and to begin with it was extremely unforgiving and I found it very difficult to create goal-scoring opportunities. And when I did, I had to deal with the shock realisation that shooting is exceptionally tough. Your balance has to be good, you can't just press shoot and hope that the player animation stops itself in time to begin the shot, etc. However, if you think about it, realistic football does not result in a shot on goal every time you come into possession, not by a long shot (ahem). I particularly enjoy the defence and the gradual build-up play of this game, which you couldn't really do in PES5. The play is a lot tighter and I find this a lot more rewarding. I'm not all that bothered about editing to be honest. As a lot of build-up play is necessary (the way I play it), I tend to make the match times at least 15 minutes, otherwise you're apt to tear your hair out having not created anything by half-time on a 10 minute game. I think a lot of people are slating this game because they have to be fairly patient with it - football isn't just about scoring. I find the art of defending just as interesting, and I think the defensive part of the game is stronger.

So, if you want a game where you can have loads of shots on goal and show off your unrealistic long shots via replays, that's okay. Nothing wrong with that. But if you want something that captures the gradual build-up play that we enjoy watching so much in real life, maybe it's more your thing.

The one thing I do miss is the replays however, and I do feel let down by that. But as some have said, Pro Evo is all about the gameplay really and that's why we keep coming back to it. I have played the new FIFA and it's in Pro Evo's shadow in my opinion.

That is the words of a true PES player
:applause:

And take a look at this video (it's not mine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x15xSSjXhTo

this is what football looks like, you wont see that in Fifa

Ginner said:

Very well written. I played the ps2 version on a mates widescreen tv last night and it was like pinball. Plus the shots were going way too fast. Seems slower on my normal TV for some reason.
We then had a few very good games on 360 version, the graphics seemed much better after playing ps2 lol and the build up play was more realistic and therefore more rewarding (although arguably less fun).

Oh and I played the demo of FIFA 07 and thought the playability was horrible. Ok I didnt exactly spend much time on it but I satisfied myself that PES is by far the better game of football.

Last edited:

Heh, that's as far as the gameplay goes anyway. I really enjoyed it, but there are the little things that just niggle at me occasionally though. Some things have been sorted, like registering assist passes properly (a big gripe of mine for a while). I was really happy when they added the man of the match statistic to PES5 and sorted out the stupid ratings system, but now those have both disappeared entirely. Why does the screen flick on and off for throw-ins? Why does this not look as "next-gen" as other sports titles? Why on earth is there slow-down on a console as powerful as an Xbox 360? And, for those of you that are bothered about it (I'm not too fussed, but I can see why some will be), why get rid of the Edit mode? The "aesthetic" parts of the game have been expended and for the life of me I have no idea why. It just seems so clumsy and lazy to make such a good job of the gameplay and not put any effort into the little finishing touches that make the game seem a lot more professionally made. Ach, well. Don't even get me started on my rant about playing this on Live!.

Gorgeous gameplay, but why mess around with things that I thought you had already got right in the previous game of the series? Odd, really odd.

jonboyo said:
What happens if with a free LIVE update,lag is fixed and edit mode is back!
...back to Ebay for u then matey.

No not at all jon, pes6 360 version is shocking...even edit mode wouldn't save it, my mate hadn't played pro evo 6 until today and he had he's first game round my gaff and normally he slags fifa and sticks with pro evo, not after today..we both agreed it's a steamin pile of poo

Well I given it a week now. I still have a lot of gripes with the game. My problem I suppose is that I am used evo 5 on PC.

I am getting things of my chest but the most frustrating thing is knowing how much of a great game it could be, it feels so close.

Things I like:

pace of the game: Feels about right, good slow build up. You can knock the ball across the defence. And wait for spaces.

Graphics: Good and you can only think will get better in later versions.

Small touches: Stadiums playing pro evo menu music at half time. Defenders putting the hands up after an iffy challenge.

Things I dont like:

Players awareness: So many times players make silly runs i.e. 3 on 2 and my striker run towards me! Closing down any space.

Opponents Strengh: At times I think a shotgun wouldnt get the ball off them! I try to use shielding turn my back on them. They just tackle me with so much ease. Yet the number of goals I have conceded were the opp has picked up the ball and steamrollered through 4-5 of my players in soo frustrating.

Perfect slide Tackles: How many times can player tackle you and perfectly hook the ball? Just try to keep a mental note of it while playing see if it seems high to you.

Silly things. Keeper jumping in the net with the ball = awesome. Black reebok ball on the wet pitch = terrible visability. How many times can you hit the bar?

Lack of features: Alot said about editing(not be and end all for me) But where are the training challenges? Performance stats for your players. These take alot out of the game for me.

Slow Down: Its insulting so lazy

Things I've noticed

Shotting: Really harsh, slight touch over the bar. Other times placed with such beauty. Hit and mis for me.

Closing Down Keeper: How lazy are konami, to help neewbies they put strikers back on halfway for goal kicks so you cant close down the short pass as easly.

Things I need help with?!?!

First touch: Is first touch still RT just the number of times I control the ball and a opp will just nip in a take the abll with ease(feels like a fifa esc script).

Any comments good or bad, what we're here for, to talk about this game.

Last edited:

Really, really loving this game at last. Best Pro Evo yet.

I turned it off after 60 mins of a match. It looks pathetic for a next gen game when in game. Stadiums look OK but still, it just looks rigid.

I hate it. XBox live is a joke for it, and I've never been happier not buying it. If i hadnt of borrowed this off a mate today, and paid £45 for it i'd be pissed off. Its shite. Maybe konami have just set a high standard in terms of what I call a "good" football game to play, but this is dire. My opinion yes, you will all disagree no doubt, but its too liney still, everything goes in a line, or on a rail. Thats not football.

hey how do u save formations that can be used when playing online? the load and save options under data manager are greyed out during an online match

jonneymendoza said:
hey how do u save formations that can be used when playing online? the load and save options under data manager are greyed out during an online match

I haven't found a way and its well frustrating as I play as newcastle online and have to change the 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 and change 5 players each time from the lineup Konami have put in....

i got it in xbox360 and i have 2 say this game is fantastic, more i play it more i like it, despite the missing fatures for x360 its a big let down, overall the gameplay its amazyng, thank got, playing it against cpu its fun again i haven't feel that way sins pes3 (unlike pes4&5). i had a match 2day with my team, then after i played some games, with my team mates in my house,& in my opinion it realy feels like a real football match, u can feel the phisicquel game in ur finger prints, the way players move, deffend, pass etc...
the only thing could have been better is the shoting is way 2 sensitive, otherwise i am happy with the gameplay overall

ronaldo10 said:
i got it in xbox360 and i have 2 say this game is fantastic, more i play it more i like it, despite the missing fatures for x360 its a big let down, overall the gameplay its amazyng, thank got, playing it against cpu its fun again i haven't feel that way sins pes3 (unlike pes4&5). i had a match 2day with my team, then after i played some games, with my team mates in my house,& in my opinion it realy feels like a real football match, u can feel the phisicquel game in ur finger prints, the way players move, deffend, pass etc...
the only thing could have been better is the shoting is way 2 sensitive, otherwise i am happy with the gameplay overall

agree

This Game is good, that's all there is for me to say, I get the same feeling i got when playing ISS PRO Evolution, a good game and hard too, think how long it's been since we've got a hard Pro Evo, tremendously enjoyable and fun, I'm sold.

Still loving this after a full week of playing in fact it just gets better and better, but god it's so hard i mean i always play all the PES/WE on 5 stars and on PES6/ PS2 find it easy to win games in ML with default team but it's solid on the 360 infact after 3 seasons in div2 it was game over as i ran out of money and couldn't win enough games. Started again with a full star team and find it a bit easier and got promoted in first season the biggest problem i find with the game is even with top strikers i'm finding it hard beating the last defender..

I have really no idea what to do, buy the Xbox360 version or just wait for the demo..
Cause there are so many different oppions about this verion.
Only question is, when is Konami releasing the Xbox360 demo? Lazy bastards!

After reading the real mixed bag of opinions on the forum I decided to rent PES6 at the weekend to give it a good going over before committing to the purchase.

And after a good workout I have to say 'Do-Do-Do-Do-Doooo . . . . I'm Lovin' it!'

I reckon it's the true heir to the ISS Pro Evolution games on the old Playstation, forget all those ice-skating men and roulette wheel passing problems in the interim, this baby is the real deal.

Things that I like particularly:

:) The smaller pitch - just like the good old days, space is at a premium and games are much more action packed as a result

:) The way that players will often ride a loose sliding tackle rather than dropping down to the floor a la Pires at the slightest contact

:) The drop in the number of annoying, niggling, little fouls caused by the hustle buttons - the game flows so much better as a result

:) The short passing - fookin' brilliant just like the old days, crisp and accurate with player animations adding to the gameplay not detracting from it. I love the way you can work the ball around in the tightest of situations

:) Goalkeepers! That's right! Springing around the place with saves and fluffs a plenty. They seem to have got the balance right for my money

:) Player pace. I like the way that once you get a quick player behind a high defensive line and away with a 2 yard headstart he stays in front. I used to love this about the old ISS Pro series but the players seemed to become much more 'one paced' when it changed to PES.

:) Headers and volleys - the timing of these has become easier and they are much more satisfying as a result

Things I'm not lovin':

:( The shooting inside the box - I'm so careful not to press the shoot button for too long that any thought of actually trying to direct the shot is forgotten

:( the lack of an edit mode obviously

By the way, all of the above applies to the offline mode as I haven't been online yet

this game is such a prime example of let down, its quite unbelievable.

NEVER EVER in a million years is this game worth 40-50 quid. Never.

How konami had the balls to release this and the ps2 versions ill never know.

Im sorry but i just cant get used to not being able to edit. I like visual variety. I like my players with sleeves, bicycle shorts and different boots on. Every team bar the top few all the players have black boots. Fucking Lazy.

Having to go merseyside red is a sin, why oh why they couldnt stick in the current editing features lord only knows. 8 stadiums and a set of really crud balls - the only ball that really looks the biz is the aerow and you can only play it in league.

The shooting is wild too. One minute its a nice controlled shot and the next its wildly over. Which brings me to keepers. Yeah i usually tweak keepers stats becaus ethey are generally dumbed down, but FFS i've seen the keeper make that stupid catching save animation time and time again, even with thunderbolt shots from 10 yards!

Its unforgiveable how they released this and shocking. So what the gameplay is there - but it was there several months ago on a machine with far less capability than this one.

Shoddy sloppy and very pissed off with this.

Armondo said:
Things that I like particularly:

:) The smaller pitch - just like the good old days, space is at a premium and games are much more action packed as a result

Why would you want an unrealistic pitch size, it's a football Sim not seven aside soccer...

Is the pitch size unrealistic? Football matches at the top level often have a congested middle third of the pitch.

But this point aside, I like my football games to echo reality rather than replicate it. I want a football game that has the right blend of strategy and action condensed into a 10 minute fix, and I think the smaller pitch size helps achieve this.

I'm not interested in a football game sim that I need to play for ninety minutes per match like the real thing.

Playing a master league campaign as PSG and absolutely LOVING it. Everytime I play a game I notice new animations and the CPU A.I. is spot-on in Top Player mode.

LOVING this game.

El Diego said:
Playing a master league campaign as PSG and absolutely LOVING it. Everytime I play a game I notice new animations and the CPU A.I. is spot-on in Top Player mode.

LOVING this game.

In the ML, do you still get half-empty stadia in most matches ?

Back
Top Bottom