PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official Reviews, Opinions and Vids Topic

Its growing on me.....just come back from a goal down against brazil...seemed like after I equalized their heads dropped and I sneaked the winning goal.....

Better keep as I feel the pace of the game will suit the Xbox live matches..

Is it as good, better or worse than the PS2 version in your opinion guys GAMEPLAY wise only, not edit mode etc. Managed to get PES6 on PS2 from GAME, wouldve got the 360 but was skint LOL! So far I love the game, but really want it on the 360.

I have to say the replays look great and super fluid (ingame ones with the canon logo) ,
but the cutscenes look terrible (Horrible framerate and textures).
Whats up? In we10 the cutscenes were great.

i'm coming around to the gameplay in offline play, still getting used to using the 360 controller too and as i never bothered with WE/PES on the xbox it's taking some getting used too.

i still think the game on live is just too frustrating, sometimes i just wanna smash my controller to pieces when the button lag causes me to miss easy shots or i get the ball stripped etc etc.

the omissions from the game present in WE10 do piss me off though, things like the edit mode, saving replay, gameplay stats. i don't think you can unlock shit either.

it feels like a rush job to me, especially when the gfx are pretty avg compared to other sport titles released so far.

i'm gonne have to stick with it anyway as after playing this on my 56" set WE10 on ps2 visually looks like an amiga game and the lack of proper widescreen mode in WE10 makes the pitch seem extremely small.

Last edited:

gomincha said:
I have to say the replays look great and super fluid (ingame ones with the canon logo) ,
but the cutscenes look terrible (Horrible framerate and textures).
Whats up? In we10 the cutscenes were great.

I don't give a fuck if the replays are good. You can't save them mate! What a load of crap this game is on 360...

no being funny but saving replays isn't high on my list, i'd more peeved about the editing...still looking forward to playing it though

danhammer said:
no being funny but saving replays isn't high on my list, i'd more peeved about the editing...still looking forward to playing it though

Well, of course editing is more important than saving replays, i agree with you. I was just referring to the guy who said the replays are good.

Come to think, there is not a good thing to say about the game in 360.

really...that bad? i haven't played it yet so can't really comment yet

Lyvean said:
I don't give a fuck if the replays are good. You can't save them mate! What a load of crap this game is on 360...
Who cares? You couldn't save replays in PES1 and PES2 either, but that still didn't take away the fun.

I think the game is fantastic on the 360.

I love the new dribbling and tackling systems. The pasing and shooting is much more solid and overall I feel it is a much better game to play than PES5.

bonus said:
I think the game is fantastic on the 360.

I love the new dribbling and tackling systems. The pasing and shooting is much more solid and overall I feel it is a much better game to play than PES5.

i fully agree

Andreas said:
Who cares? You couldn't save replays in PES1 and PES2 either, but that still didn't take away the fun.

Yeah. And 200 years ago people didn't have cars and they walked. That is the answer you should get -and be happy about it- if someone told you that your car misses some wheels. The PS2 version has "save replays" option. The 360 version is a crippled one so you should start complaining instead of allowing yourselves to be f***** in the ass by Konami.

Jesus, you are all that is wrong with the industry.

My brother brought PES6 (360) over mine at approx. 3.45pm yesterday. Played it for hours. Absolutely love it.

Lyvean said:
Yeah. And 200 years ago people didn't have cars and they walked. That is the answer you should get -and be happy about it- if someone told you that your car misses some wheels. The PS2 version has "save replays" option. The 360 version is a crippled one so you should start complaining instead of allowing yourselves to be f***** in the ass by Konami.

Jesus, you are all that is wrong with the industry.

Time of the month mate? time to change your pad i thnk. :)

Yeah the manual says you can save replays alright, but you can't.

Its admittedly a very lazy port but seeing it in glorious HD widescreen helps soften the blow.

I played a mate for about an hour online and it was almost perfect, there was a few slowdown moments but very enjoyable overall.

Wow... all I can say is my first impressions of this when I played it at a mates house were so wrong. This game is absolutely amazing. IF ONLY there were more than 8 stadiums, an edit mode and proper commentary it would be so much better than Fifa.

Some of the player appearences are amazing and the gameplay feels so good. It just such a shame about the edit mode. It could have been a really really great game. Instead its just a really great gane :D

At the end of the day, its all about gameplay and thats what keeps me coming back to PES for more

Noted said:
Wow... all I can say is my first impressions of this when I played it at a mates house were so wrong. This game is absolutely amazing. IF ONLY there were more than 8 stadiums, an edit mode and proper commentary it would be so much better than Fifa.

Some of the player appearences are amazing and the gameplay feels so good. It just such a shame about the edit mode. It could have been a really really great game. Instead its just a really great gane :D

At the end of the day, its all about gameplay and thats what keeps me coming back to PES for more

All very true. Though the controller takes a bit of getting used to. Enjoying playing it for what it is not what it should be.

Im liking it. Seems harder than We10.

Did i hear that nike balls are in when you play the league modes? Coz when i started serie A there was no nike ball.

It definately gets better and better the more you play. First impressions aren't that brilliant - but after a few games you really start to appreciate what they've done with it.

After 24 Hours of play

Single player/2 player = Great so far!

Xbox live = complete and utter crap, awful lag/delay.

I only got it to play online so unless it looks like changing soon im tempted to jus give up and send it back+stick with WE10

doesn't it have downloadable patches and contents on xbox live? maybe there will be a fix of replay and edit later on?

antred said:
Im liking it. Seems harder than We10.

Did i hear that nike balls are in when you play the league modes? Coz when i started serie A there was no nike ball.

the nike ball is only available when you play la liga

First impressions were good. Had about 10 games now, absolutely love it. And I haven't even played online yet, which is the main reason I bought it.

Obviously if they don't sort the online out, I'll just get the PS2 version. But gameplay wise, the 360 version I think, is better than WE10.

Got it in post today it much better then PS2 version overall new animations, better visuals, alot of players seem much better and lifelike compared to PS2 version, volleys seem much better and sidefoot is better.

Im dissapointed about edit mode and stripped down features including stadium they have Man Utd licenced but no Old Trafford on PS2 there 34 stadiums only 8 on 360.

But Overall its a big step up for me Pro Evo all about gameplay its improved from WE10 and step in right direction thats for sure.

Ive been playing this game since they begun and AI is pretty clever tbh i did think at first it was rubbish but after a few games the AI is better giving me a fight.

But at end of day all about playing with mates for me find it so much more fun.

Wow Konami it has flaws but its half dosnt play an awesome game of football. :applause:

Superb game, really loving this - just had a storming match as Barcelona V Djgardens (sp?), two-legged tie - REALLY good. Anyone notice that you can challenge the goalkeepers when they are holding the ball?

very dodgey on the 360 to many issues to note needs fixing asap online is horrible atm ......

off to play fifa 07 (brilliant for a fifa well done ea) till konami fix the issues that could derail the pes series

lugnut said:
very dodgey on the 360 to many issues to note needs fixing asap online is horrible atm ......

off to play fifa 07 (brilliant for a fifa well done ea) till konami fix the issues that could derail the pes series

RING KONAMI tel 02089875730 ask for lyn or ritchie (they r waiting for your calls)

at first i was disappointed because the game felt very slow and the cpu ai was worse than on pes5 (keepers all bad, scored 10+ goals resulting from cruicial cpu defensive errors) but then i realised that most of these things only occure on difficult level 4.

on the highest level (top-player) the game feels much more fluid. much better build-up play than pes5, combinations are way easier.

- i actually like the graphics, looks very smooth to me
- stadiums finally with green (!) grass. they all look nice. dont care that there are only 8 of them
- passing is easier, especially through balls
- shooting is harder, just because the power bar loads quicker
- dribbling is not as easy as on pes5, because you have to use the shoulder buttons again (as on pes4)
- defending is easier, just by pressing A + X in centre positions and X near sidelines leaves the cpu no chance (even on top player). that pisses me off a bit because it makes the game too easy all in all. i'm on top of serie a after 10 games without having conceded a single goal yet (also on top player)

all in all i quite like it, although i think it's a bit too easy compared to pes5, where defending was a lot harder.

Back
Top Bottom