PES/WE 2012 Demo Thread

Ok i just played a few games. Yep, the keepers straight up suck! Biggest problem in the game. Also scoring from outside the box seems very easy... way too easy.. maybe do to keeper crap reaction times? Get to it Konami and fix the keepers!

Aside from that great game.

Hope you're right Jimmy, I didn't notice too much difference last year but here's hoping!

I'm really impressed with the AI attacking though. Just got absolutely trounced on Top Player :)

I love how you can no longer just hold X and auto run and tackle the player, pretty much every time the AI attacker just skins you and waltzes past your tackle, which is great. Oh, and the AI are actually pretty skillful this time on the ball. One guy just stopped, and kept pulling dummies before playing a one two. I'll post a vid of that later.

OK, put in a few more hours and I'm starting to like it, but...

This game is way, WAY too fast. I've played (and played against) some really beautiful football tonight, but unfortunately it may as well have had the fucking Benny Hill theme playing over the top. What the hell are they thinking? It's absolutely ludicrous.

And no, I can't just put the game speed down to -1 or -2, because there's another problem. While the movements of the individual players are absurdly sped up, made worse by the overdone responsiveness, the actual flight of the ball is slightly too slow. So when you lower the speed you get a more realistic pace (though still too fast on -1) but the ball moves like a child's balloon in a light breeze. That works out very badly, because as well as looking silly it makes the shots feel even weaker (and makes the goalie's failure to reach those shots look even more pathetic). Besides, Konami will presumably lock online speed to 0, so I have to get used to it. My God, playing against this year's Robinho whores will be like watching kids' TV on crack.

There's a really, really good game in here, but this ball-moves-slow / players-move-like-lightning crap is really annoying me (and when you add that weird zig-zagging of pace to the very prominent rubberbanding on every touch of the ball, it creates a kind of queasy, "seasick" feeling with extended play).

But the really, really good game underneath is really, really good. I'm very frustrated at the moment.

In all honesty, I couldn't get myself to enjoy this demo as much as the PC demo. PS3 demo feels weird, somehow quicker.

I'm sticking to the PC demo for now.

So far it looks like they fixed the constant off sides problem. Why won't Konami let you do anything on goal kicks other than play the ball to the short side with the goalie?

Move the right analogue stick towards any other player (use the radar for direction help). You can then pass to any one of the back four, using either X or O. You can even use the Left analogue while the player is highlighted to move him closer/further away etc...

It works pretty damn well, I'm loving that feature so far. Unfortunately it works slightly too well on corners, as you can move any player in the box anywhere and all you have to do is press O and the CPU finds him with the cross...

PES Demo's are always Low-Res LT, see last years, the final code looked stunning in comparison, much sharper and more fluid.

You're wrong
Last years PS3 version was exaclty the same, no graphics difference between PES2011 demo and PES2011 final game...So I guess it will be the same this year too

On PS3 the game looks pretty jaggy indeed (like it's 576p or something like that), but on PC I think the Full was looking a bit better last year.

You're wrong
Last years PS3 version was exaclty the same, no graphics difference between PES2011 demo and PES2011 final game...So I guess it will be the same this year too

Your wrong. No it wasnt. The game was much sharper and the lighting better. Or at least it was on my T.V., same with PES 9 and PES 10.

Did you guys notice that AI on top player takes all rebounds and seems over confident? The top player keeper actually took the ball and dribbled with it then made a dangerous pass that was indeed successful!

Thiago Silva has a rating of 92, he's an excellent CB. In the game he can play as a SW, CB and DMF

I wonder why Konami gave him the Offensive Fullback Player Card?

Your wrong. No it wasnt. The game was much sharper and the lighting better. Or at least it was on my T.V., same with PES 9 and PES 10.

I Agree, i am a graphic hoare so i notice these things. its to give you that extra wow factor come full release.

That has generally been the attitude of the fans where a new demo or game is released. People are on constant orgasms just like on their honeymoon discovering new things with the game. What the crowd forgets is that with lot of the new features comes new problems or ways to exploit. Currently, putting the goalkeeper problems aside, PES is lacking the pronounced individuality it has been known for. While I'm happy that the exaggerated elephant touches and lacklustre shooting system is gone, one can argue that precise player touches, passing and shooting has now become a standard given to the majority players. Unfortunately a bit like the FIFA I have come to dislike:

• Shooting is unrealistically easy: While the whole body shape system of 2011 was overly decisive in the outcome of the shot, in 2012 a large percentage of shots end up on target regardless of your body shape, pressure or being surrounded by the opposition defenders.
  • Precise, flair and/or one touch passing performed by the vast majority of players has also been a problem in the past couple of years. On Assisted, I can say it is as bad as FIFA 10 which drew constant nagging from the community to the point that EA tried to fix it as a priority. It is really surprising to me that no body in this intelligent forum even talk about it. This type of passing should be limited to certain players only.
  • AI has undergone plenty of improvements which have really transformed PES from a stale one-dimensional game in 2011 to a game truly engineered for freedom this year; great additions, but AI still requires major upgrades. The two main problems would be long balls (chipped through balls in particular) where defenders suddenly stop while the ball is in the air and consequently lose track of the ball and the attacker and the other problem would be the players' ability to know where the lines (goal-line and touchline) are and behave accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, PES 2012 for me is possibly the best football game to date, but that doesn't make me approve everything Konami done with the series.

That has generally been the attitude of the fans where a new demo or game is released. People are on constant orgasms just like on their honeymoon discovering new things with the game. What the crowd forgets is that with lot of the new features comes new problems or ways to exploit. Currently, putting the goalkeeper problems aside, PES is lacking the pronounced individuality it has been known for. While I'm happy that the exaggerated elephant touches and lacklustre shooting system is gone, one can argue that precise player touches, passing and shooting has now become a standard given to the majority players. Unfortunately a bit like the FIFA I have come to dislike:

• Shooting is unrealistically easy: While the whole body shape system of 2011 was overly decisive in the outcome of the shot, in 2012 a large percentage of shots end up on target regardless of your body shape, pressure or being surrounded by the opposition defenders.
  • Precise, flair and/or one touch passing performed by the vast majority of players has also been a problem in the past couple of years. On Assisted, I can say it is as bad as FIFA 10 which drew constant nagging from the community to the point that EA tried to fix it as a priority. It is really surprising to me that no body in this intelligent forum even talk about it. This type of passing should be limited to certain players only.
  • AI has undergone plenty of improvements which have really transformed PES from a stale one-dimensional game in 2011 to a game truly engineered for freedom this year; great additions, but AI still requires major upgrades. The two main problems would be long balls (chipped through balls in particular) where defenders suddenly stop while the ball is in the air and consequently lose track of the ball and the attacker and the other problem would be the players' ability to know where the lines (goal-line and touchline) are and behave accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, PES 2012 for me is possibly the best football game to date, but that doesn't make me approve everything Konami done with the series.

Agree with everything you said, but to be honest Adam already said passing is not good for him too, and default setting is too much assisted compared to his preview code

I agree with everything but the A.I. paragraph. After 15 hours of solid play the game certainly feels less free than PES 2011. Everything is a little too perfect and precise at times. It doesnt feel much like PES, it's missing that raw charm for me right now. I can understand and appreciate the philosophy behind this years release, every year has a differing philosophy that the game is structured around. This is actually the most realistic, as it combines all aspects of the game with speed having a rightful place without it having too much over-relevance.The defending system compliments this, and there is alot great ideas that elimate last years issues and concerns. It's like Konami create silly problems only so they can rectify them and satisfaction returns, until the next issues that were not relevant in previous versions become apparent. Same old, same old.

I'm still torn right now, there is alot that I like about PES 2011, but the flaws are more noticable as I cease to endure them with this demo. Individuality has also been diluted, not really too happy about that, I just hope it's better in the final release.

Last edited:
Agree with everything you said, but to be honest Adam already said passing is not good for him too, and default setting is too much assisted compared to his preview code

Do you know whether passing is going to change for release? I thought PES 2011's default passing system was just right, not too easy nor too hard.

It's actually weird that some enjoyed 2011's passing. It was something I wanted changed as many of the passes I made either weren't going to the right person or too powerful for the lightest of button press.

These things have been fixed for me in 2012 plus the feel of the ball traveling bobbling with a bit of curve sometimes, so I'm a happy chappy.

I just wish there was a way to make high passes across the pitch (from one side to another) travel faster in the air.

demo is certainly an improvement over PES 2011 and a big one if you asked me.
the track back system needs improvement though, the players move to fast which makes it easier for the opponent to blow by you and that should not be the case.
the player that is tracking back should also be a little more responsive that should be your advantage when your jockeying.

the players feel sluggish what still to this day i can not understand.
if they managed to make them feel perfect on the ps2 then what is the problem on this new console which has more power.

the shots feel bad really bad and i know that not every shot really comes off in real life so i could understand me not hitting the target but having the feeling your just not getting enough power behind your shots every single time is weird and stupid.
still the goals go in, so that says a lot about the keepers.
the shots just don't have that zzziipp to them but, still world class goalkeepers can't stop them.

i love how you have to work to create chances.

defending has again become an art form(can still be improved up on)

your teammates really make great runs(so KONAMI made good on that promise)

the cursor system has also seen improvement but not to the standard we were used to so they can continue to work on that.

as i said an improvement over PES 2011 so i really think things are looking much better this year and i'm looking forward to the second demo.

btw is it JUST me or does the UK demo play much better then the JP demo? it never was the case in the past.
the graphics also look much better in the UK demo.

Last edited:
afternoon all! I finally got to play the ps3 demo today and have to say I am a bit disappointed so far...will obviously give this more time seeing as I have played (and loved) PES every year since I can remember!

One quick question...there will be a medium camera angle in the final game won't there?!?!

afternoon all! I finally got to play the ps3 demo today and have to say I am a bit disappointed so far...will obviously give this more time seeing as I have played (and loved) PES every year since I can remember!

One quick question...there will be a medium camera angle in the final game won't there?!?!

was wondering the same thing about the camera since that's the one i use and i think there will be or at least i hope so.
it makes a lot of difference.

Nice to see you still active my friend.

Hey, IceMan, nice to see you. Are you still on the PES bus, or did you go over to FIFA?

Individuality has also been diluted, not really too happy about that, I just hope it's better in the final release.

I agree to an extent, but in some ways it's still very much there. One-touch play, for instance, still seems very individual to me. Using Santos, most of the players really need to collect the ball and get it under control before they can do anything useful with it, whereas Neymar and Ganso seem able to flick it on with one movement. Maybe it's just more pronounced with them because the difference in stats between Santos' best and worst players is so great - certainly Milan seem a bit too much of a superteam, with even Abate playing like Maradona against me in several games.

But does anyone else agree that the pace of the game has been totally muffed? Much too fast, but with the ball moving too slow (especially in the air)? It's such a massive issue to me, I can't believe it's not the main topic of conversation here, especially since so many people assured us that no, in fact the pace is fine, even slower than PES2011. It's bloody not you know, unless you're talking about aerial passes, which travel so slowly that the ball should really be dropping from the sky like a stone. The actual speed of play, once you or the CPU start dribbling or one-touch passing, is absurdly fast, and actually spoils the experience. Just me?

And that's with the AI's relatively patient build-up play. I've got nightmares about what it's going to look like online.

pc demo speed 0 is way too fast, sometimes u see a player making like 5 meters with the ball from standing position in not even a second, almost like teleporting :CONFUSE:

situations when receiving a pass and then accelerate..
with vsync enabled*

edit
agree its faster than 011

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom