PES/WE 2012 Demo Thread

Lami

Niche Football
28 May 2007
Sydney
Man Utd, Juve
The PES/WE 2012 PS3 & 360 Demos thread.

I'll start with the WE 2012 talk.

Playing the Winning Eleven demo, I've noticed its quicker than the PC demo, so I've changed game speed to -1 and now feels good again. But again I'm using a SD tv. Maybe on an HD tv its different.

Also, it has an S rating for teams, which is an extra. For example, Man Utd is AAASAA, compared to Napoli's AAAAAA. Probably S in WE is an A in PES, an A in WE is a B in PES. We'll know for sure when the PES demo's out.

Not yet mate. The 3 of us here in Australia btw.

I've recorded a goal I scored with Fletcher that's about 116mb and uploading it. It's going to take 30 mins :II

Stay local ;) hehe

Have you got Avidemux software. It's open source I think and is good for slicing/trimming video's quickly and re-encoding if you want. Maybe you could compress the file before you upload it to Youtube? Not sure if it will help though

I have played 5 games and the following things are REALLY ruining my enjoyment of what otherwise seems to be a great game.

Player switching
Why cant they get this right? If i play a pass into space with very little power and there is a guy running onto it, why select someone who is inline with the ball but is standing 20 foot away? Seems very simple to me.

Passing
This is really bad, I am playing totally unassisted and similar to the player selecting it doesnt seem to take into consideration how much power you are putting on it when selecting a pass. I have on ridiculous example on film which I will post later. Picks the wrong man too much for my liking.

Goal Keepers
:LMAO:

The above are just as bad or worse than in 2011 and there is no excuse for it :RANT:

BUT when everything goes right the game is brilliant :WORSHIP:.

Lami is everything in japanese in the WE demo? If PES won't be available anytime soon I will download WE then :P

Ern Dog I totally agree. I thought the passing will be huge improvement, it is not. Pass gauge is still 0-1, means nothing actually, even in 0 level of assistance. Crossing also should be manula, at least as in PES2011 with L2 (and then the manual should be also possiblle when I want cross middle or down the ground). Realeasing the ball by players ahead sometimes works, sometimes not. Actually I am really dissapointed with the demo and I really don't get it why people are so excited. Still there is no freedom and animations are really poor, rigid. Ball physics very avarage, still no curl during free kicks/corners. The thing I like is off the ball control durin play (not sure I like it during set pieces - why ther is no through pass).

Ball physics very avarage, still no curl during free kicks/corners. The thing I like is off the ball control durin play (not sure I like it during set pieces - why ther is no through pass).

Ummm - I haven't played this demo yet but what do you mean by "still"? You could get curl on free kicks and corners in PES 2011. Do you move the stick left or right AFTER the power meter has come up?? Perhaps the players you used had low swerve stats because otherwise, PES 2011 already had it working well. R2 shots are a different topic altogether...

Yes I know, I mean this is not enough curl. Look it real life corners. This is not problem to shot from corner with nice swerve. I think it could be analog rotation, as in FIFA.

fellas all i can say is after playing this game, i gave myself a boukaki this the best pro evo by a mile i dont care what anyone else says and its not even the preview build, i do admit there are bugs in this build, but we were told in advanced that there were, but the off the field intelligence is unbeleiveable im lost for words..................................

Ern Dog I totally agree. I thought the passing will be huge improvement, it is not. Pass gauge is still 0-1, means nothing actually, even in 0 level of assistance. Crossing also should be manula, at least as in PES2011 with L2 (and then the manual should be also possiblle when I want cross middle or down the ground). Realeasing the ball by players ahead sometimes works, sometimes not. Actually I am really dissapointed with the demo and I really don't get it why people are so excited. Still there is no freedom and animations are really poor, rigid. Ball physics very avarage, still no curl during free kicks/corners. The thing I like is off the ball control durin play (not sure I like it during set pieces - why ther is no through pass).

Err.. I think some of you are getting this wrong. Full manual passing is still on L2+x, that hasn't changed. You'll have to use that if you want it Fifa style. The pass assistance is a different thing.

And here's my goal. Shit quality and might give you a headache but oh well ;)

YouTube - PES 2012 Demo Fletcher long range shot

Curl enough? ;)

Nice Lami! Love the curl!

The demo still hasn't arrived in Aus on the 360 to anyone that's interested.

Oh well at least I can watch 'Farmer wants a wife'! :((

Another thing, PES 2011 pissed me right off with your players constantly being offside and that's fixed now. That alone makes a massive difference.

I have played 5 games and the following things are REALLY ruining my enjoyment of what otherwise seems to be a great game.

Player switching
Why cant they get this right? If i play a pass into space with very little power and there is a guy running onto it, why select someone who is inline with the ball but is standing 20 foot away? Seems very simple to me.

Passing
This is really bad, I am playing totally unassisted and similar to the player selecting it doesnt seem to take into consideration how much power you are putting on it when selecting a pass. I have on ridiculous example on film which I will post later. Picks the wrong man too much for my liking.

Goal Keepers
:LMAO:

The above are just as bad or worse than in 2011 and there is no excuse for it :RANT:

BUT when everything goes right the game is brilliant :WORSHIP:.

Agree with everything. What a disappointment, especially how player models seemingly been simplified and the horrible grass texture.

The sense of speed is just not there and I still do not see the runs that the AI is supposed to be doing. Playing it on Top Player and I scored about 5 seconds from kick off. Milan's defense just can not keep it's shape just like 2011 where the closest man comes to pressure you 20 yards out.

Those of you complaining about not being able to defend, keep your players back, and the CPU has no where to go. It's pretty clear that when you are defending well, the CPU AI becomes confused as to what to do. It is only if you go in for a challenge too early and gets beat, they will break out running and the ping-pong passing.

My very first game on top player ManU vs Milan ended 4-0, with me having 68% possession. Not sure what is hard about it.

One thing I do like, and something that I had hope would be fixed, is the player movement before he receives the pass. Before you had to super cancel to really track back or move to the ball, now you can do it with ease and it feels more responsive than before.

But even turning off all passing assists, the power gauge is a joke. What is the reason behind it I will never understand.

Do not judge the graphics etc on this demo, it's been heavily compressed apparently so not fair to do so at all.

I ain't played it yet... still waiting on xbl updating FFS

Err.. I think some of you are getting this wrong. Full manual passing is still on L2+x, that hasn't changed. You'll have to use that if you want it Fifa style. The pass assistance is a different thing.

And here's my goal. Shit quality and might give you a headache but oh well ;)

YouTube - PES 2012 Demo Fletcher long range shot

Curl enough? ;)

Nice curl, however looks like the shot is preordained, unnatural. Sometimes the foot position is not matched with way of spinning. However, I said about set pieces - there is bad curling.

According to manual passes. If I set pass assistance to 0, I expect full manual passing/crossing/long passes/lofted through passes, L2 shouldn't be needed then.

And I will never understand, why they removed 1-9 camera angles (and they should add height and zoom set manually as well).

Last edited:
For those if us in Aus do you reckon we'll get it tonight on PS3??

Hard to tell. I always thought that XBL updated at 10am UK time (7pm EST) and PSN shortly after that.

There seems to be quite a lot of criticism about the demo so I'm interested to play it even more now.

For the people who are critising the game did you enjoy playing PES 2011?

Lami can you comment on whether you think the criticism is justified?

Last edited:
Nice curl, however looks like the shot is preordained, unnatural. Sometimes the foot position is not matched with way of spinning. However, I said about set pieces - there is bad curling.

According to manual passes. If I set pass assistance to 0, I expect full manual passing/crossing/long passes/lofted through passes, L2 shouldn't be needed then.

And I will never understand, why they removed 1-9 camera angles (and they should add height and zoom set manually as well).

that is called pass support,that is the CPU assistance in passing power, not direction
manual in Pes is always influenced by statistics, it's not completely manual
even the L2 + x or O passing

But even turning off all passing assists, the power gauge is a joke. What is the reason behind it I will never understand.

Yeah it is pointless, I think they put it in because lots of peple were asking for it but konami were too lazy to make it anything other than cosmetic.

I will not be buying the game if the passing and player switching remains as it is in the demo, the frequency at which the problems are occurring is too great for the amount of time I have played, it is very restrictive. Although I might of just had a bad patch where the ugly side of the game shows itself then everything is good for a while, this happened in 2011 a bit :PRAY:.

Do not judge the graphics etc on this demo, it's been heavily compressed apparently so not fair to do so at all.
I remember people sayingthis last year, nothing changed in the retail.

Szuwi you will never get fifa style full manual in pes, its not part of seabass philosophy.

Last edited:
I just can't understand why players are still oblivious to what is going on in the field or where the ball is. When loose balls happen, everyone seems to just stand there and watch the ball.

There is also an instance where one of my teammate is chasing a ball going out of bounds, and the game refuses to let me take control of him. I pressed L1 at least 4 times switching to everyone else but him. Sorry to say, but the right stick switch is very imprecise, and it is not a practical option to use in the game. What is so hard about letting you switch to the closet player to the ball?

Adam, who obviously played preview code, is saying there is something wrong with the assistance in this build relative to the preview build. Still not up on XBL, but when it is I should be able to compare.

Adam, who obviously played preview code, is saying there is something wrong with the assistance in this build relative to the preview build. Still not up on XBL, but when it is I should be able to compare.

I would like to believe him but i cant, really hope so though.

Back
Top Bottom