PES/WE 2012 Demo Thread

Is anyone else baffled by konamis decision to remove the level of player switching assistance? It was absent from 2011 but the semi switching was ok, in 2012 it switches way to fast for my liking and I was struggling to get used to manual.

Why do they always remove good stuff from the game?

@Interista..Yes all in japanese. And jimmy will be back here loving it. He is used to 11 and this is different, god bless him he was on 11 last night so it will take a few hours to get into it.

Is anyone else baffled by konamis decision to remove the level of player switching assistance? It was absent from 2011 but the semi switching was ok, in 2012 it switches way to fast for my liking and I was struggling to get used to manual.

Why do they always remove good stuff from the game?

edit: we must be talking about different things.

Last edited:
Played a couple more games with a clean-slate outlook and things are getting more postive as I get more familiar with the concept. I really like the manual high pass with R2 after-touch, those feel very realistic. The individuality is getting better, it's just not as blatant as PES 2011 from the get-go. Loving the ref's, what a difference those make. Passing still needs a little tweak here and there, but liking the 'round the back' pass animation. FK's feel the same but improved. This is going to take a good few hours at least for me to see and appreciate where Seabass is coming from with this. Feeling more positive now, but still alot of questions remain, I need to satisfy myself with the compromises after lengthly play-testing.

Surely the UK PES 2012 Demo cant be too much longer, can it ?

Last edited:
I cant read Japanese so im not 100% sure, there are 4 options but semi switching seems to be a set speed.
Oh ok rod.

Around 5ish jimmy.

Also i noticed that in the tactics you are limited to a certain few numbers with the sliders, WTF is that about?

Last edited:
I must be playing a different game.

This is no fifa, at all. Inertia and momentum still in like always. If anyone here thinks its gone fifa-like and lost them both then you need to play fifa a bit and back on this to compare.

But, after all this, I prefer the PC demo to WE.

Anyone in here giving their impressions, make sure you're talking about the PS3/360 version, not the PC.

2 Issues that need attention.

Ball physics are alot less floaty than pes 11 but are still floaty. The pc version already has a patch that makes the ball physics more like fifa which does have great ball physics. Konami need to make them just alittle more heavier.

Side volleys are still too frequent. Side volleys should be a wow moment like the pes of old. They should be inch perfect. Too often my player ruin's a volley by doing the side volley at the wrong time. I want to see my player outside of the foot volley the ball on the side outside the box like pes 6 days.

Ref still making wrong decision on some blantant fouls.

Please konami look into these issues.

Played a couple more games with a clean-slate outlook and things are getting more postive as I get more familiar with the concept. I really like the manual high pass with R2 after-touch, those feel very realistic. The individuality is getting better, it's just not as blatant as PES 2011 from the get-go. Loving the ref's, what a difference those make. Passing still needs a little tweak here and there, but liking the 'round the back' pass animation. FK's feel the same but improved. This is going to take a good few hours at least for me to see and appreciate where Seabass is coming from with this. Feeling more positive now, but still alot of questions remain so I can I can satisfy myself with the compromises after lengthly play-testing.

Surely the UK PES 2012 Demo cant be too much longer, can it ?

Glad it's all becoming better to you ;)

Jimmy have a game with Santos, i feel there is a huge difference between their better players like Neymar to the others, he has some great close skill, and good to see the stumble animation is there but you don't lose the ball. Also headers direct from goal kicks are easier to challenge for.

I must be playing a different game.

This is no fifa, at all. Inertia and momentum still in like always. If anyone here thinks its gone fifa-like and lost them both then you need to play fifa a bit and back on this to compare.

But, after all this, I prefer the PC demo to WE.

Anyone in here giving their impressions, make sure you're talking about the PS3/360 version, not the PC.

I certainly havent found the inertia and momentum to be as prominent as PES 2012 Lami, but the illusion created from the responsiveness reminded me of Fifa. I just want to document how I feel from the get-go, and see how my opinions change. I only ever call it how I see it, good or bad.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnn......

I've just played my first game of the WE 12 Demo. Initial impression, not very good at all. What's happened to the individuality ? It felt non-existent, it actually felt alot like how I remember Fifa. It never felt any real disparity between any of the players. This was always my concern before I'd played the game, based on what people had said. I'm usually in the minority and all the positive praise from alot of people had me a little worried that it may not be to my particular liking. The passing also lacks conviction, it doesnt feel very free and loose at all, it just doesnt feel right. Shooting was ok, it lacked zip but I did pull off some decent strikes adhering to the fundamentals. The ref was excellent, and the physics seem alot better. The Active A.I. was good but made it a little too easy option wise, I tried the Right-Stick Trigger and it worked well, but I'm not sure I'm buying into the philosophy, it feels a lot less organic because of it.

It's silly to judge based on one game, but I wanted to get my thoughts down immediately to see how they differ after longer play-testing. I can totally see how people are getting the 'Fifa Feel' and also the PES 6 comparisions. Which is exactly the opposite to what I want.

Hopefully the UK PES 12 Demo will be available soon so I can have play around with everything, it's hard to navigate on the WE version. Feeling very disgruntled, hopefully I will do a huge 360' after proper play-testing, but my gut feeling right now is saying to the contrary. It feels like a bit of a sell-out, God I hope I'm so wrong about that.

I dont know what planet your on lol. Game is amazing for an early demo and spanks pes 11.

Individuality i can still feel.

WTF.. guys... No shot cancel ??? I try 100 times shot + super cancel and .. nothing.. every time is just shot or loop shot Oo WHY ?

Hard to tell. I always thought that XBL updated at 10am UK time (7pm EST) and PSN shortly after that.

There seems to be quite a lot of criticism about the demo so I'm interested to play it even more now.

For the people who are critising the game did you enjoy playing PES 2011?

Lami can you comment on whether you think the criticism is justified?
Well everyone has their different opinions mate, so obviously to them it is justified. To me, some of them are while some aren't, but that's just my opinion.
but the illusion created from the responsiveness reminded me of Fifa.
There you go, it's an illusion ;)

It's the surprise. You've been very much used to 2011 that any added fluidity would smack you in the face, making you fear something was lost in the process because of this change.

They're still there mate, only covered by smoother, fluid and more responsive controls. Try playing with teams like Santos and Penarol. Also try -1 if you think its a bit too quick for your liking.

Give it a few more games and hours to let that illusion fade away ;)

I've done a few, but it seems to be buggy right now, sometimes the player gets "stuck".
I'n preview code a shot cancel is missing too,only there is stay that fake/cancel shot from PES 2011 whitch look like a shot cancel , but only on high pass :circle: + :x: , shot :square: + :x: is regular fake shot with animation. It's is cool, u can uses what do u want , both are there.

Shot cancel gereraly is shot :square: or :circle: +:r1::r2: i have use it very much since pes 3 , now that is no more there :(
In demo :square: +:x: and:square: + :x: is a same fake. The shot cancel is total gone . It's make me littel bit sad.

Last edited:
My fifth game was certainly my best experience yet. I knocked it back down to Professional whilst I experiment and get to grips with it, and really enjoyed the game. I drew 2-2 with Santos as Panarol. I'm starting to get to grips with the dirbbling and it's beautiful at times, a real sense of close control that actually now feel's alot more organic than PES 2011's variation. It's certainly alot more advanced, and that actually comes from the responsiveness. Just how Rom described it really. Shooting needs work, but fundamentals are alot more paramount again.

I had some great use of the Right Stick Trigger run, which although against my initial reservations, is actually quite clever when you use it simply for the dummy run. The A.I. tracks the runs which creates space with the classic 'Use him by not using him' strategy. High balls are a dream and look much more organic and realistic. I actually like the way they float a little, which is usually against what I would have believed prior. They feel right to be honest. Smooth and with curl, which rubberstamps the technique required.

To be able to beat two men simply by shifting weight really is a joy to behold, alot more fun on Professional at this stage of the learning curve.

Right I need more action. Really looking forward now to the PES 12 demo later, I like to know my players and check their stats, it's much easier then to see how they perform based on their statistical make-up. That was probably half my problem initially. Keepers are naff.

Last edited:
My fifth game was certainly my best experience yet. I knocked it back down to Professional whilst I experiment and get to grips with it, and really enjoyed the game. I drew 2-2 with Santos as Panarol. I'm starting to get to grips with the dirbbling and it's beautiful at times, a real sense of close control that actually now feel's alot more organic than PES 2011's variation. It's certainly alot more advanced, and that actually comes from the responsiveness. Just how Rom described it really. Shooting needs work, but fundamentals are alot more paramount again.

I had some great use of the Right Stick Trigger run, which although against my initial reservations, is actually quite clever when you use it simply for the dummy run. The A.I. tracks the runs which creates space with the classic 'Use him by not using him' strategy. High balls are a dream and look much more organic and realistic. I actually like the way they float a little, which is usually against what I would have believed prior. They feel right to be honest. Smooth and with curl, which rubberstamps the technique required.

To be able to beat two men simply by shifting weight really is a joy to behold, alot more fun on Professional at this stage of the learning curve.

Right I need more action. Really looking forward now to the PES 12 demo later, I like to know my players and check their stats, it's much easier then to see what how they peform based on their statistical make-up. That was probably half my problem initially. Keepers are naff.

Can I get a hug?

Back
Top Bottom