PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in communications, often dealing with enquiries etc on social media from angry 'customers' ,and the usual media queries.

But clearly Asim/Adam are being told that they have to control the message, it is especially complex when decisions are being made above their head.
It's simply much easier to ignore the negative messages until there's an agreed line on certain questions, which there doesn't seem to be.

Pretty sure the dynamic lighting was a monumental cock-up, probably something the coders/producers changed their mind on due to the implementation being buggy, but by which time it hadn't been pulled from media releases etc!

Tbf, given that they are just 2/3 people and probably have thousands of other things to do, i would expect there to be a sign-off process for agreed lines, so potentially replying and getting the answer wrong (and not in line with what the actual corporate line is) is time consuming, annoying for the bosses, and they've probably been told to ignore at this stage.

Simply put, i don't think either Adam/Asim should be promoting PES through Twitter channels, unless there's an official PES channel managed by a number of people, as i've seen things that Asim has said that doesn't match-up to the official channels (him explaining the dynamic lighting situation was a no no!, he dug himself into further holes)

If i was them, i'd delete the Twitter accounts and focus on managing the official ones, and have agreed lines on various subjects, and put them in a FAQ - and add questions and answers as that goes, with a close relationship with Japan, and should the answer to questions be in that FAQ, ensure that it's easily available.

I'd also say they shouldn't promise things like Daniel has (monster patch anyone) simply being good with words can get your way out of alot of situations. I.e they should be saying "We're grateful for those who are playing and enjoying the PES demo, we're aware that some gameplay issues have been identified, we are working to resolve those and will look to issue a patch after release to try and improve the experience for everyone, specifically we're working hard on keeper A.I, passing freedom, and heading."

1. You address the issues
2. You thank the customers
3. You don't commit yourself (i.e we are trying - not WE will fix) - or a patch date.. as successful one could take much longer than expected
4. You acknowledge and thank those who have mentioned it

It's a pity that they haven't said anything about the day one patch, or further patches, as the game is close to being very good, but just needs some tweaks (keeper AI in particular) to be a good experience offline.

Italian and Spanish second divisions removal is more and more real. GalvaniRenan on twitter is always well informed about Pes news, he has his sources that many times proved to be reliable. Well, he says that now it's just a rumour, but it's probable Italian and Spanish second divisions have been removed.

When asked about his sources he said he can't say who they are. Last time he said so his rumours were verified as real.

https://twitter.com/GalvaniRenan/status/1030291077327138816

I'm prepared now. This can be the first year when i'm not going to buy Pes in every form. Even Pes 2014 i bought it after months but i still bought it, all the other Pes i bought around release date or on release date. This year i completely skip it if this is confirmed.

Also, in his latest tweet to Bhatti he is asking why the Italian and Spanish second division have been removed as it is confirmed. Absolutely incredible decision.

Is the US version different from the EU version? I want to order the US version from the US PS store. But only if it is the same as the EU version. Can somebody help me out please?

Italian and Spanish second divisions removal is more and more real. GalvaniRenan on twitter is always well informed about Pes news, he has his sources that many times proved to be reliable. Well, he says that now it's just a rumour, but it's probable Italian and Spanish second divisions have been removed.

When asked about his sources he said he can't say who they are. Last time he said so his rumours were verified as real.

I'm prepared now. This can be the first year when i'm not going to buy Pes in every form. Even Pes 2014 i bought it after months but i still bought it, all the other Pes i bought around release date or on release date. This year i completely skip it if this is confirmed.

Also, in his latest tweet to Bhatti he is asking why the Italian and Spanish second division have been removed as it is confirmed. Absolutely incredible decision.
I'd love to know why. If you find out, please let us know.

We don't know they've made that decision yet.

His tweet also says that France is the only one expected to be in so that would mean not EFL Championship either.

At present, it's all talk and no substance; no point flying off the handle at rumours. That said, I will be massively disappointed and completely disillusioned if they have.

IF IF IF they aren't in then there can't be a good enough reason for it. Can't use the "EA have locked us out of it" line either, as Serie B is unlicensed in FIFA.

I don't care, there is no excuse. Can't be EA exclusivity because Serie B for example is not going to give license to anyone. Could only be because of database limitatìons (they can't add more teams, considering they already added many licensed leagues), but that is not a valid reason. They should have made some improvements to let the game work with the new leagues and all the previous exhisting ones.

If they really removed Italian, Spanish and English 2nd divisions... Would it even be sensible then to keep Ligue 2 in, knowing that it'd be the only "D2" in the game? I don't know.
I mean, take your filthy hands off the Ligue 2 (as Red Star are playing there), but... It seems a little piointless to me only to have Ligue 2.

I don't care, there is no excuse. Can't be EA exclusivity because Serie B for example is not going to give license to anyone. Could only be because of database limitatìons (they can't add more teams, considering they already added many licensed leagues), but that is not a valid reason. They should have made some improvements to let the game work with the new leagues and all the previous exhisting ones.
and the only reason I thought too ... but it makes me laugh that I do not have room for the database:TUMBLE:

If they really removed Italian, Spanish and English 2nd divisions... Would it even be sensible then to keep Ligue 2 in, knowing that it'd be the only "D2" in the game? I don't know.
I mean, take your filthy hands off the Ligue 2 (as Red Star are playing there), but... It seems a little piointless to me only to have Ligue 2.
Apparently the demo database has a generic Division 2 (PD II League?). That's what they used to do back in the day; you have a generic league that can be created into any of the second divisions you wish. Regressing to that stage would be a joke though.

What D2 am I going to be playing in then?

Apparently the demo database has a generic Division 2 (PD II League?). That's what they used to do back in the day; you have a generic league that can be created into any of the second divisions you wish. Regressing to that stage would be a joke though.

Now that's bullshit.

Not really a technical issue in my opinion.
Don't they use 2 bytes plus one bit for the players? This would mean like 130'000 players (and I'm only talking about licensed ones, as unlicensed ones have a different ID range).
Let's assume we have teams made of 50 players each for the sake of simplicity, already in PES 2017 we could have players for 2600 teams.
Also, don't teams use a two byte ID too? This means we could already accomodate 65K teams in the PES 2017 database.

I don't really know...

and the only reason I thought too ... but it makes me laugh that I do not have room for the database:TUMBLE:
It's almost amusing. There's always something in the run-up that makes me question why I bother.

Not confirmed yet, of course (and I'm still sceptical that they'd make a mistake this bad).

Didn't know about that. Another confirmation in my opinion.

So if you decided to move to another league, as a manager, you would either...
  • Find yourself in a league which hasn't got a promotion/relegation scheme, or...
  • Have your "old" D2 follow you (which is even worse).
I hope that's really not the case... But I can't see any different outcome with a single D2 league... :LOL:

Maybe all news about second divisions are fake and konami try to get official license to make fans happy

Maybe all news about second divisions are fake and konami try to get official license to make fans happy
I have to applaud your optimism.
They've got no chance of getting La Liga 2 or the EFL Championship licences, as EA has them locked down and has for a while. That hasn't stopped them being included in PES unlicensed before.

They've been removed and the reason is as its a easy way to cut down on the workload. All these leagues is to much data for them to keep on top of.
If people keep up the complaints, hopefully they will re-add them via DLC. Its nothing to do with EA and all these players are covered by FIFPro.

Is the US version different from the EU version? I want to order the US version from the US PS store. But only if it is the same as the EU version. Can somebody help me out please?
Pes2018 was the same but servers were region locked to people who have the same version as you which was annoying as I never knew anyone with a us copy bar me

Fucking konami!! Guys we must wrote petition to Konami, all players want second divisions

Fucking konami!! Guys we must wrote petition to Konami, all players want second divisions
As I say, let's wait for confirmation first before we blow our collective loads.
It hasn't happened yet and until it does then there's still just as much chance we'll see them in.

If those really aren't it i don't think we will see those re-added even with a dlc. Or maybe they could, just like they are going to add licensed leagues after release date.

If those really aren't it i don't think we will see those re-added even with a dlc. Or maybe they could, just like they are going to add licensed leagues after release date.
I'd be stunned if they did.
If they aren't in from release (specifically the EFL Championship) then PES's shelf life will expire on 28 September, for me.
I'm not waiting until November at the earliest to have something I already had before.

Like I said before, the silence tells you everything you need to know, nobody at Konami's end has come out and said anything in response to the questions regarding the Italian & Spanish 2nd divisions, why are they not putting the rumours to bed? Because it appears the rumours are true :(

Like I said before, the silence tells you everything you need to know, nobody at Konami's end has come out and said anything in response to the questions regarding the Italian & Spanish 2nd divisions, why are they not putting the rumours to bed? Because it appears the rumours are true :(
I can see both sides of the argument around their silence.

On one hand, they were quick enough to dispel the rumours that PES, PLA and PAS faoe leagues were still in, but no so quick to confirm this.

But on the other, saying nothing about a real but unlicensed league being in-game is normal for them, as I've saod previously, they don't verbally confirm any real but unlicensed league prior to the team list coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom